REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-07-2014, 08:12 AM   #226
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Nope, you can get Perf Pack without Premium. It'll most likely need to be a factory order because most dealers in town are too worried about having premium flashy shit on the lot vs plain old badass cars

Build & price for a GT with Perf Pack & Recaros comes to $43,899 + tax
Advertisement

Last edited by capt_slo; 11-07-2014 at 08:19 AM. Reason: pricing
capt_slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:18 AM   #227
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_slo View Post
Nope, you can get Perf Pack without Premium. It'll most likely need to be a factory order because most dealers in town are too worried about having premium flashy shit on the lot vs plain old badass cars
aw, to hell with that... i don't need all that fancy crap. maybe they will change it up 2-3 years from now.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #228
Witness protection

damn teasers... this gt350 better be good.

i see recaros, michelin pilots, 6 piston brembos, 2 piece brake rotors, carbon-fiber front core support (maybe crossmember)?

argh.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 11-13-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:32 AM   #229
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
If I could get any new Mustang it would be the EcoBoost or the GT350

Would love to put the new EcoBoost engine into an E36... hehehe
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2014, 01:19 PM   #230
Witness protection

pretty close rendering?

Old 11-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #231
Witness protection

another crumb....official logo was leaked

Old 11-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #232
Witness protection

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...t350-6265.html

Quote:
The new GT350 builds on Carroll Shelby’s original idea – transforming a great every-day car into a dominant road racer – by taking advantage of a dramatically improved sixth-generation Mustang to create a truly special driving experience. Driving enthusiasts behind the wheel of a Shelby GT350 can expect to be treated to the most balanced, nimble and exhilarating production Mustang yet.

The new 5.2-liter engine is the first-ever production V8 from Ford with a flat-plane crankshaft, an architecture typically found only in racing applications or exotic European sports cars. Unlike a traditional V8, where the connecting rods are attached to the crankshaft at 90-degree intervals, this design evenly spaces all crank pins at 180-degree intervals.

The result is the most powerful naturally aspirated production Ford engine ever, at more than 500 horsepower, with a torque peak above 400 lb.-ft. The track capability is enhanced by the output characteristics of the engine – the 5.2-liter V8 features an exceptionally broad torque curve. Combined with its high-revving ability, the flat-plane 5.2-liter V8 gives drivers an enormous amount of performance and flexibility within each gear of the lightweight six-speed manual transmission. A standard Ford-tuned Torsen limited-slip differential optimizes cornering grip and straight-line traction.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2014, 08:30 AM   #233
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
That will sound ridiculous revving to the moon
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:59 AM   #234

Magnetic suspension and bespoke Pilot Super Sports...it seems they are no longer fucking around when it comes to the track battle vs Camaro

Quote:
Specifications:

5.2L Flat Plane Crankshaft V8 Engine
More than 500 HP / Torque Peak above 400 lb-ft
MagneRide dampers
"Light weight 6-speed manual transmission
19" aluminum wheels - 10.5 front / 11 inch rear
Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires w/ GT350 specific sidewall construction, tread and compound
Brakes: 6 piston brembo calipers front / 4 piston brembo calipers rear
Torsional stiffness increased 28% over previous model
Cutting edge injection molded carbon fiber composite grille
Optional lightweight tower-to-tower brace
Upraded gauges with reduced chrome finishes
Flat bottom steering wheel
Unique Sheetmetal
Cloth Recaros
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #235
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
OH MY GOD I WANT

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:44 PM   #236
Witness protection

grab more tissues:

This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2014, 06:21 PM   #237
Witness protection

Old 11-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #238
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Oh god... Why is it so good...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #239
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Not a fan of the front and back.

I know it's different than the current gen, but I wish the 2015 was more re-designed than the 2014.

It's more like a major "face-lift" than a next-gen type thing.

On the other hand:

The side profile is very sleek and well-proportioned though.

Completely redesigning the side is a very costly thing in the car industry so kudos for Ford for doing that.

You get a lot of side profiles being carried forward to next-gen models in many car models (including Audi's), but not in this re-design, so that's great for Ford.
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #240
Witness protection

This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #241

Modded GT runs a 9.911 @ 135mph

The mods:
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2014, 11:34 PM   #242
Witness protection

Shelby GT350 Mustang Priced From $52,995? » AutoGuide.com News

Quote:
Pricing for Ford’s newest performance car might have just leaked.

Ford’s Shelby GT350 Mustang debuted last week at the L.A. Auto Show with a 5.2-liter flat-plane crankshaft V8 and the promise of loftier-than-ever track performance for the nameplate. Ford did not discuss pricing at the launch, but now HorsepowerKings.com reports that an unnamed source from Ford said the car will start at $52,995USD.

A Ford spokesman was not available for comment at the time of writing.

The report goes on to suggest that the “tech” package will cost $2,995 and that there will also be a “track” package available. Additionally, the story claims there will also be a GT350 R model that will sit above the rest of the range as an even more track-focused vehicle with enhanced brakes, aerodynamic alterations and stickier tires. According to the rumor, that car will debut in January during the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:08 PM   #243
Witness protection

EXCLUSIVE: This is the 2015 Shelby GT

Quote:
Sometimes, you get lucky. This is one of those times. What you're looking at, friends, is the heretofore-unseen 2015 Shelby GT, Shelby American's upgrade package for the new Ford Mustang.

Chris Cantle is currently on the launch event for the new Ducati Scrambler in Palm Springs, and while out riding this evening, he happened upon the new Shelby-fettled pony as it strutted its stuff for a BF Goodrich TV-commercial shoot.

As before, the Shelby GT package includes a laundry list of appearance, interior, suspension, and mild performance upgrades. This new power-dome hood is the business—well worth considering on its own if you buy a '15 Stang. Also, note how different the car looks with the silver grilles. It's more detailed...better, IMO.

A GT/SC that adds a Ford Racing blower will undoubtedly be available, too, but those wear GT/SC markings, so this example is still an all-motor Coyote underhood. It won't come cheap; pricing for the previous-gen 2014 Shelby GT package started at around $15K, with the GT/SC kit starting at $28K. Expect this to be in the same neighborhood when Shelby comes around to formally announcing its availability.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2014, 12:45 PM   #244

Not sure about the grille on that Shelby
Old 12-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #245
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_slo View Post
Not sure about the grille on that Shelby
plastidip
Old 12-15-2014, 08:35 PM   #246
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
unless its way cheaper, and im sure it wont be, why would anyone get that when theres a gt350?

these shelby packages are usually just super expensive body kits with off the shelf suspension and bolt on performance upgrades. id rather have a gt350 or just a gt with a blower
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:03 AM   #247
Witness protection

Old 01-02-2015, 01:04 PM   #248
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,383 Times in 5,083 Posts
Wow.... if someone had bet me 10 years ago that the Mustang would have an IRS and flat plane crank 10 years later, I would have lost a lot of money to that person.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2015, 01:42 PM   #249
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Wow.... if someone had bet me 10 years ago that the Mustang would have an IRS and flat plane crank 10 years later, I would have lost a lot of money to that person.

10 years from now cars will drive you around and manuals will be few and far between!

Would not be surprised if tolls were added to a bunch of major roads and bridges as well.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:08 PM   #250
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
10 years from now cars will drive you around and manuals will be few and far between!

Would not be surprised if tolls were added to a bunch of major roads and bridges as well.
to hell with that... 10 years from now i want my car to be able to fly dammit!