REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #126
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
^ I like the new interior more than the current gen, but that bulbous nose/hood doesn't look very good in pictures... Maybe in person it will look better.
Advertisement

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #127
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

lol, with a 4cyl T i cant wait to see someone rice the shit out of the new mustang and attempt to pull it off as a JDM car
Mr.Stubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2013, 03:03 AM   #128
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
the rear looks weird..ish

Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:19 AM   #129
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Fucking gorgeous, although I would change that black rear glossy trunk lid space between the tail lights to body colour or something else.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #130
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
wtf were they thinking with this body line in the rear quarter...

but 300+hp from the eco boost sounds pretty good... i wonder how much more tuners would be able to get out of it

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #131
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
wtf were they thinking with this body line in the rear quarter...

but 300+hp from the eco boost sounds pretty good... i wonder how much more tuners would be able to get out of it
i guess it is supposed to flow with the line on the side

Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #132
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

i think the rear straight on doesnt look half bad lol, its just that from the side/ any 3/4 view shows the side mirrors and they look wayyy too damn small, reminds me of the shit that the camaro has with the big and tall ass doors with puny ass windows
Mr.Stubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #133
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
Sorry for the bad quality, saw this on IG. From this angle it looks awesome.

Posted via RS Mobile
TjAlmeida is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #134
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #135
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
guess ford's trying to kill the mustang.. that thing is fucking hideous.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #136

I'm not a huge fan of it but the general consensus is people love it. I like the retro design of the previous gen more and more...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 12-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #137
HELP ME PLS!!!

BeefCake4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2014, 11:22 AM   #138
Witness protection

"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 04-17-2014, 11:20 AM   #139
Witness protection

Old 04-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #140
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
I like how they didn't include the 80's and 90's models in that video. lol
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2014, 08:17 AM   #141
Witness protection

Old 04-19-2014, 08:21 AM   #142
Witness protection

Old 04-19-2014, 08:22 AM   #143
Witness protection

Old 04-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #144
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
I still think it looks stupid as a Mustang, at this point they should just bury the Mustang brand and start something new, you can only go so far before the car you are building doesn't really have anything to do with the original apart from the name. I'd name this the Fusion Sport and call it a day.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:30 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
I still think it looks stupid as a Mustang, at this point they should just bury the Mustang brand and start something new, you can only go so far before the car you are building doesn't really have anything to do with the original apart from the name. I'd name this the Fusion Sport and call it a day.
Does the current 911 really have anything to do with the original, apart from the name? Should they get rid of that as well?

Get rid of the current Camaro, call it a Malibu sport? Perhaps call the current Challenger an Avenger sport...?

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT

Last edited by dared3vil0; 04-19-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:20 PM   #146
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Does the current 911 really have anything to do with the original, apart from the name? Should they get rid of that as well?

Get rid of the current Camaro, call it a Malibu sport? Perhaps call the current Challenger an Avenger sport...?

The Camaro and Challenger also have nothing to do with the originals, none of the new vehicles out there right now can shine a light on their elders. Toyota kept the spirit of the AE86 going with the FR-S, but they weren't hypocrites about "moving on" while they milked the same name.

If companies are going to go with the "we have to move on" mentality on design, then they should really move on with branding too. You can only milk a model for so long before it becomes a beaten horse (heh).

"Does the current 911 really have anything to do with the original, apart from the name? Should they get rid of that as well?"

Nobody said anything about getting rid of the cars, the point is to not label them as something they are not and will never live up to. Again, if companies are going to rant about "moving on", they should really just drop the whole botched throwback shit and create something that stands alone as it's own brand. This new "Mustang" is a prime example of creating an Aston Martin and labelling it as a 60's pony car.

I don't really care if I see a 2045 Camry, there is no history there, no name to squander when it was always a beige sedan. Don't get me started on the Charger.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 04-19-2014 at 10:32 PM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #147

I totally disagree with the name removal though, the charger i agree with 100%. That has nothing to do with the original. HOWEVER, the Mustang, and Camaro both are still available with RWD, a manual transmission, and a big V8 shoved in the front, along with aggressive styling. Just like the original... IDK.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 04-24-2014, 02:57 PM   #148
Witness protection

2015 Ford Mustang option prices gallop onto the web - Autoblog

Quote:
The 2015 Ford Mustang is one of the most anticipated cars of the year, despite the fact that production hasn't yet begun. What's a pony car fan to do? It turns out that Ford already has pricing and options information about the vehicle in its dealer ordering system. A few enterprising folks have snapped some pictures from it and have posted them online. You might not be able to drive your car yet, but you can at least see what it might cost.

At the moment, Ford appears to be splitting the Mustang into five models – 3.7-liter V6, 2.3-liter EcoBoost, GT with the 5.0-liter V8, 50th Anniversary and SVT. There are 10 available paint colors, 2 of which require an extra outlay. Triple Yellow is $495, and Ruby Red Tint is $395. Regardless of model, navigation goes for $795, and reverse parking assist is $295.

For both the EcoBoost and GT, the six-speed automatic tacks an extra $1,195 to the sticker, and adaptive cruise control is the same price. The GT also has a limited-slip 3.55 rear end for $395 and a GT Performance package for $2,495. Recaro leather seats add an extra $1,595. For the EcoBoost, there's something called EcoBoost Performance package for $1,995. The system doesn't say what the packages include.

The info here also fits exactly with what we know about the Mustang 50th Anniversary Edition from the New York Auto Show. The package comes in Kona Blue or Wimbledon White with a special leather interior. According to this data, it adds $1,595 to the cost of a Mustang GT.

A user at the Mustang 6G forums also has images from the ordering system, and they include some info on the SVT model. While there are no prices, options include a track package, tech package and available Alcantara or leather seats.

Note, the pricing and options listed here could still change. That said, it's still fun to check them out. Information on colors and body styles can be downloaded as a PDF from The Mustang Source forum, and the rest can be viewed at Mustang 6G. Happy building.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...ons-1661.html?

Quote:
2015 Mustang order banks are visible to us dealers now (have been for several days).

The 2 biggest reveals I've seen in the order banks are 1) that the limited edition 50th Anniversary GT gets its own unique body code (P8R instead of just P8C like a regular GT coupe), and 2) there is a Shelby offering showing in there (body code P8J).

The base model GT has the following available options...

Recaro Seats
All Weather Floor Mats
Spoiler Delete
Engine Block Heater
Enhanced Security Package
Automatic Transmission
3.55 Limited Slip Differential
3.73 Torsen Differential
DRL's
Smokers Package
18" Aluminum Wheels
Spare Wheel/Tire
GT Performance Package
Reverse Park Assist

The Premium Array GT's (400A & 401A) get those same items as options, plus the following...

Adaptive Cruise Control
19" Painted Aluminum Wheels
20" Machined Aluminum Wheels
Premium Trim CAG
Navigation System
50th Anniversary Package (19's & 50th Annv Mats, seat/door trim)

More info to follow as time allows. Thanks for your patience.

[Admin Edit]

- Update: Order Codes posted.
- Update2: Big thanks to likeaboss for the screen captures!
- Update3: PDF removed (by Ford's request).

2015 Shelby/SVT Model and Options (P8J):
Old 07-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #149
Witness protection

well... it's loud. don't know much else about it though...

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...350-2462.html?

Old 07-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #150
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/futur...at-nurburgring

apparently its going to have 500hp NA and flat plane crank pretty racy for an american v8 pony car
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote