REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #51
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the peer review Jason's been offered.

Way to go, RS!
Advertisement
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #52
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
As long as I say interesting shit to the right audience, it doesn't have to be well-written, just the content of the message needs to resonate with the reader. For every different type of reader that exists, there is also another different style of writing.

To describe my own, I try taking a surreal metamodernist approach to unraveling what makes modern life so completely baffling and interesting at the same time. Life can be said to be a test of your own limits, how and why we create arbitrary limits for ourselves is what I enjoy researching.

We aren't in a time where people can go off and climb uncharted mountaintops for national glory like in the movie "The North Face", nor is there any just war you can sign up with the merchant marines and go fight in. Google Earth will tell you what is in every direction from your house, and pretty much uncovers all corners of the earth. So much of the adventure and new exploration of life is gone, at least in a physical sense. Caving has been growing as a sport, unexplored underground tunnels being one of the last places unexplored by humans. What's left?

Social exploration. The discovery of new ways to live, new ways to earn an income, new crypto-currencies to invest in, and new ways to date and love, these are some of the things I like to daydream about. Hopefully some of the things I think about will be appealing in some sort of creative form and eventually earn me an income doing what I love, which is daydreaming, and passing on my crazy bullshit.

If I ever hit the big time I will drive around with RS members in my gold Ferrari doing key bumps in the Wendy's drive-thru
It just took you 300 words to say "YOLO".
MasonJar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #53
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Well, the girls I know liked it!
That's what happens when you ask people that can barely read. Your friends will obviously support you. You get honest opinions when you ask people that have nothing invested.

You asked. I gave my opinion. I think my opinion is valid since we write for similar sites.

Reading some of my early stuff, I think it wasn't much better but I learned by doing. Now I get paid to try restaurants and write about them.

Quote:
It was well-received by a lot of women and a test audience, I thought maybe some of you Revsceners would appreciate the modern take on the holidays and romance! December is a really passionate month and I've been putting my pink Santa into a bunch of tight chimneys!

Office hookups are very, very common these days.

Christmas breakups are huge!!! So many guys get fucked over by spending a ton on their girlfriends, just to get dumped just after they give their girlfriends the gift, haha!

Surprise your girlfriend with a lumberjack cuddle tonight!
You also haven't written anything new. You think people don't know to keep their office romances quiet? Or how to cuddle a woman under a blanket? Do we need instructions to wrap ourselves in a blanket and drink til we're horny?

How is that modern? That's Mad Men.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #54
...in the world.

Quote:
As long as I say interesting shit to the right audience, it doesn't have to be well-written, just the content of the message needs to resonate with the reader. For every different type of reader that exists, there is also another different style of writing.

To describe my own, I try taking a surreal metamodernist approach to unraveling what makes modern life so completely baffling and interesting at the same time. Life can be said to be a test of your own limits, how and why we create arbitrary limits for ourselves is what I enjoy researching.

We aren't in a time where people can go off and climb uncharted mountaintops for national glory like in the movie "The North Face", nor is there any just war you can sign up with the merchant marines and go fight in. Google Earth will tell you what is in every direction from your house, and pretty much uncovers all corners of the earth. So much of the adventure and new exploration of life is gone, at least in a physical sense. Caving has been growing as a sport, unexplored underground tunnels being one of the last places unexplored by humans. What's left?

Social exploration. The discovery of new ways to live, new ways to earn an income, new crypto-currencies to invest in, and new ways to date and love, these are some of the things I like to daydream about. Hopefully some of the things I think about will be appealing in some sort of creative form and eventually earn me an income doing what I love, which is daydreaming, and passing on my crazy bullshit.

If I ever hit the big time I will drive around with RS members in my gold Ferrari doing key bumps in the Wendy's drive-thru
I didn't even want to read this. Your punctuation is awful.

What you need is a ghost writer...someone that can put your ideas into words people want to read.

Sure, you can cater to the derpy audience if you want but even the joke asshole sites I read are well-written.

Honestly, I'm not trying to insult you but I'm not here to kiss your ass. If you didn't want advice, why on earth did you ask? I write for a site that gets Gastown Gazette monthly numbers every day and my articles are usually in the 1000 word feature range so I'm just trying to give you some advice.

The coles notes are:

1. You need to improve your grammar and punctuation.
2. You need to find a central theme to each post and stick to it.
3. Your word choices are...odd.

Quote:
So was 50 Shades of Grey, but people ate that shit up!
Fuck me, you do not need a comma there...
Old 12-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #55
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,044 Times in 2,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonJar View Post
This forum has been pretty fucking stale as of late

So Jason is back after being banned.. wonder who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #56
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
I presume by "right audience" you mean people who read literature which is mostly pictures?

Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #57
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Haha that comic reminds me of mustang766/joe45
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #58
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
I presume by "right audience" you mean people who read literature which is mostly pictures?

Spoiler!
So he had the right idea posting on REVscene then...
Old 12-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #59
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Can't let the sheets get like that, I sleep on black satin, after a week it starts to look like a dark car parked under a tree full of well-fed birds
Man your responses to the mostly good criticisms are so shitty,

if you arnt looking for advice just ask your momma how good your article was...
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #60
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I write for a site that gets Gastown Gazette monthly numbers every day and my articles are usually in the 1000 word feature range so I'm just trying to give you some advice.

Writing about food is a lot different than writing about reality from my perspective. There are 1000's of "foodie" guys out there writing, but only 1 dude like me.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #61
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
What you need is a ghost writer...someone that can put your ideas into words people want to read.

I'm actually hiring ghost writers in the new year. I need to finish several of the sci-fi books under psuedonyms so I won't confuse my brand.

One of the books I'm working on right now with the working title "Bitcoin Kings" is about a small group of nerdy friends who hit it big on bitcoins, but the money leads them all into a shitload of trouble.

multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #62
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,044 Times in 2,077 Posts
BitKings.

Royalties pls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #63
Banned By Establishment

Quote:

One of the books I'm working on right now with the working title "Bitcoin Kings" is about a small group of nerdy friends who hit it big on bitcoins, but the money leads them all into a shitload of trouble.

Like....Boiler Room?
MasonJar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #64
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Writing about food is a lot different than writing about reality from my perspective. There are 1000's of "foodie" guys out there writing, but only 1 dude like me.
its pretty funny that you claim to fuck at dem bitches and such and such, giving out advice to people...

but yet you need to masturbate with your words to make yourself feel better, practically begging for attention and looking for confirmation of what you think of yourself.

you seem like a dime a dozen bud, i have a friend pretty similar to how you are, and most people with a half brain dont like him at all. He still gets the bitches doe, so theres that (but they are all dumb broads.... and some really underage )
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #65
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
BitKings.
:
Bimmette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #66
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmette View Post
:
... Bimmette, do you know OP "personally"?

jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #67
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
... Bimmette, do you know OP "personally"?

No.
Bimmette is offline   Reply With Quote