REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-08-2014, 10:39 PM   #26
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplex123 View Post
QFT

Went there to test drive the Accord last year. She didn't know her trims and was telling me all the wrong details.

Went to Anthony at Pacific Honda instead. Had a great experience and got a good deal.
makes me wonder if the BMW queen Ludia Li and her daughter actually know about cars
Advertisement

Last edited by tru_blue; 06-25-2014 at 11:00 PM.
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:59 PM   #27

To add: Just went with a buddy to Richmond Honda a few days ago to look at the Fit because he was looking to lease one and Lily Lam just stood around and was gossiping with her co-worker until my friend approached her to ask about the Fit....it turns out she doesnt know anything about the car and got all her trims wrong, before my buddy was able to ask about availability and lease options, she went back to gossip with her co-worker again (probably thinking we were not buyers)

So we left and went straight to Vancouver Honda to lease the Fit and took delivery the next day

I have brought many people to Richmond Honda to purchase cars and most of the sales were very helpful but Lily Lam was just the worst of the worst, she really should be a veggie vendor instead of a car salesman because she doesn't know Jack about car specs and functions. If we found another salesman in site, I would have told my buddy to approach them instead of Lily because she was just unprofessional.

would not recommend anyone to buy from Lily at all
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #28
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
^ you should send an email off to the Sales Manager. As much as I hate putting people job in jeopardy or even giving them a bad name in the workplace I feel like if your not doing your job properly theirs thousands and thousands of people out there that are qualified to do it better than you.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #29
RS Lurker, I don't post!

As a salesmen from Dueck GM in Richmond, I deal with Richmond Honda every once and a while and its usually okay from dealer to dealer standpoint. As for customer feedback, I get people that walk in who just came from Richmond Honda and there is definitely some "mixed" reviews. I usually end up finding them a car from auction.
Skyrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:47 PM   #30
RS Licensed Vendor

I would make sure to double check the VIN# myself for leins/claims. My friend bought a used Civic there once which they claimed was clean. He bought the car to find out a week later it was actually a rebuild. End of the day, they did the right thing and bought the car back and got him into another car.

They claimed they didn't know and apologized and took the car back. I just find it strange that they wouldn't know if the car was a rebuild when selling it.

So no matter where you buy your car from, make sure to do your own ICBC + Lein check.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #31
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post
I would make sure to double check the VIN# myself for leins/claims. My friend bought a used Civic there once which they claimed was clean. He bought the car to find out a week later it was actually a rebuild. End of the day, they did the right thing and bought the car back and got him into another car.

They claimed they didn't know and apologized and took the car back. I just find it strange that they wouldn't know if the car was a rebuild when selling it.

So no matter where you buy your car from, make sure to do your own ICBC + Lein check.
How do you not know!? As soon as a customer has the potential for a trade-in; I would be handed the insurance papers to do a DEC and Lien search & CarProof. If the salesman didn't do it right away, the sales manager would be all over it before giving trade in value
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:48 PM   #32
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
They took in my friend's e36 that was on the verge of catching fire (briefly did due to electrical stuff), so in a way they ARE willing to help?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:40 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang View Post
^ you should send an email off to the Sales Manager. As much as I hate putting people job in jeopardy or even giving them a bad name in the workplace I feel like if your not doing your job properly theirs thousands and thousands of people out there that are qualified to do it better than you.
I am taking this into consideration

They should not have hired her (Lily Lam) to work there because she is like cancer for the company, she has probably been there for a few years and I am sure other upscale dealerships would not hire her
Old 06-27-2014, 10:21 PM   #34
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
If you guys are looking for a knowledgeable salesman, ask for Rick Leung. Not only is he my buddy, he's a car guy just like us with a heavily modified turbo Fit. He definitely knows more than your average salesman and he's a chill, hard working guy to boot

Tell him spoon.ek9 sent ya haha

oh and regarding Lily, she's worked there quite a few years now. the reality is, if she weren't able to sell any cars she would have lost the position ages ago. so you know, you may have had your bad experiences with her but if she can still sell to others, she keeps her job. it's really simple when it comes to keeping that job.
Spoiler!

Last edited by spoon.ek9; 06-27-2014 at 10:38 PM.
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2014, 12:08 AM   #35

^ I don't doubt that Lily can sell cars and can keep her job but the thing is, she isn't "suitable" to be selling cars.

I am sure all of her clients are c-lais or 8 por ("gossiping women" in cantonese) who know nothing about cars

Shes probably been there for a couple of years because no other dealership would want to hire her based on her bad reviews

My buddy was asking simple questions like which model came with usb connectivity and she gave him all the wrong info....
Old 06-30-2014, 03:10 AM   #36
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
tbh, that just sounds like your friends a moron
why?

I'd be pissed if a car I purchased from dealership had an illegal modification and get ticketed for it.

You could argue that you should know the law what's legal, but I think dealership should still have a responsibility to make sure that the car is roadworthy and not illegal. Can be anything, tinted windows, bald tires, bad brakes, HIDs, broken turn signals, loud exhaust, anything.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:10 AM   #37
Circle Stick Square Mod

ill just leave this here.... Lily Lam | Richmond Honda

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:22 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Tigger View Post
ill just leave this here.... Lily Lam | Richmond Honda
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #39
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,496 Times in 555 Posts
Wicked Witch of The Far East

Fixed.
8th May 2021 - 30th Sept 2023

'99 SAAB 9-3 (3DR) (5MT) (sold)
'02 SAAB 9-5 Aero (5MT)
27th Sept 2015 - 17th Sept 2017

'03 Corolla (4AT)
2009-2020

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #40
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
its not richmond honda, but patrick chan at vancouver honda is good
sold my friends and family total of 5 cars in the past 2 years,

mention cho from rs, and he'll cut all the crap and straight to the point
Old 07-03-2014, 11:46 PM   #41

^ Looking at the Richmond Honda site brings me to Ricky Leung. He was the person who was gossiping with Lily about my buddy, I overheard Lily saying to him that we were time wasters etc in chinese.

Her picture on their website is just like her actual person, rude and arrogant

Would not recommend to anyone at all
Old 07-12-2014, 12:45 AM   #42
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
oops edit wrong thread
Old 07-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #43
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

wayne suzuki was pretty good when I was there test-driving a new SI. He seems very experienced and knowledgeable about his cars
JAYWALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:02 AM   #44
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

when did 8por translate into gossiping women? pretty sure it just means bitch

oh and your assumptions are actually wrong. I worked there in 2007 and Lily was there since early 2008 I believe.
Spoiler!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #45
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
I bet if she were hot, young, and had big tits it wouldn't matter what she knew about the car, you'd all go buy from her!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:11 AM   #46

I could care less if the sales person didn't know shit about cars. All I care about is whether he/she can give me a good price on it.

I walk into a dealership knowing full well what the car's specs are and what it has to offer. I don't need someone to tell me all the bullshit that I can read on a brochure.

just my 0.02

Last time I was at Richmond Honda, I was trying to buy oil filter. I stood there for a while, no body came to ask what I wanted. That was a bit annoying...and I didn't see a bell I could use to get their attention.
nsx042003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:15 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
when did 8por translate into gossiping women? pretty sure it just means bitch

oh and your assumptions are actually wrong. I worked there in 2007 and Lily was there since early 2008 I believe.
? I assume you don't speak Cantonese? "8por" does and can carry that meaning. Bitch is just another side on the meaning. The "8" in "8por" means to "gossip" in that context.

But a bitch is a bitch and they gossip a lot anyway right?
nsx042003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #48
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx042003 View Post
That was a bit annoying...and I didn't see a bell I could use to get their attention.

In these situations I always yell "hey slapnuts" a few times, someone always comes running
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #49
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

The majority of buyers do not care if the sales people do not know intricate details, e.g. "Does the new Civic SI have a KA24 or KA20?". Only the fanboys and enthusiasts have that memorized.

I don't think you should judge them based on that; they should however be professional and courteous and at least try to find out the answer if they don't know.

I've noticed that several brands (e.g. BMW) have switched over to the "Apple" type sales for some of their cars. For example, the new i3 and i8 has "product experts" who have no ability to sale, they are there just to provide product knowledge. The sales is separate. I wonder if that is the trend for the future, especially for luxury brands?
heleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:26 PM   #50
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

ohhh haha ok i get it. i'm a CBC, i try
Spoiler!