REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:56 PM   #26
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I've been pulled over by this same cop, and funny enough my window was not smashed?

Theres no point in arguing with a cop about your legal rights and how you dont need to roll your window down 0.000125 inchs, how you can film him etc etc

Just STFU and be polite and a cop usually wont have a "power trip".
Advertisement

Its probably my fault.
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:04 PM   #27
I bringith the lowerballerith

Kid: "sir you pulled me over for a motor vehicle violation"
Cop: "excellent"
Kid: "i have not done anything wrong for you to do this for me"
Cop: "actually you have"
Kid: "what have i done"
Cop: "i smell marijuana coming out of the vehicle"

cop ended up actually explaining in a calm manner before he broke the window for not complying.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2015, 02:06 PM   #28
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Time and time again... don't talk to the police.
This kind of escalation likeley wouldn't have happened if the YouTuber just sat there and looked stupid silently.

ancient_510 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-30-2015, 02:18 PM   #29
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
The officers found marijuana in the vehicle, I am prescribed cannabis for medical purposes and was licensed under the MMAR. I did not sign with the MMPR as there was no way that i could afford to purchase my medicine at a ridiculous 400% increase in cost. I have been waiting for the pending verdict for the constitutional challenge. I have not been given reasonable access to a reasonable supply of medicine, thus violating my constitutional rights and greatly affecting my health and the quality of my life.
Source : http://vpdmisconduct.blog.com/

Coles note:
Yes I had illegal durgs in my car but I had right to have it because medicinal marihuana cost too much.

Ohkun is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2015, 02:24 PM   #30
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Sounds like a fucking winner
Old 03-30-2015, 02:50 PM   #31
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
Kid: "sir you pulled me over for a motor vehicle violation"
Cop: "excellent"
Kid: "i have not done anything wrong for you to do this for me"
Cop: "actually you have"
Kid: "what have i done"
Cop: "i smell marijuana coming out of the vehicle"

cop ended up actually explaining in a calm manner before he broke the window for not complying.
Apparently the smell of burnt marijuana is NOT sufficient grounds to make an arrest and search a vehicle:

Smell of weed no longer grounds for arrest, search

He actually has a leg to stand on here. What happened to him sounds exactly like what happened as described in that article, and that case was ultimately thrown out.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:10 PM   #32
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Apparently the smell of burnt marijuana is NOT sufficient grounds to make an arrest and search a vehicle:
Burnt, maybe. Fresh bud has a very distinct odor as well, and if he's carrying enough to be considered trafficking, it would be pretty strong.

Quote:
He actually has a leg to stand on here. What happened to him sounds exactly like what happened as described in that article, and that case was ultimately thrown out.
Doesn't change the fact that had he simply got out of the vehicle when he was asked, he would never had got his window smashed. He could have got out, answered their questions, and either been on his way, OR they might have searched his car and found... whatever... and then that might have been thrown out later. MAYBE. We don't know what else in this situation may have given the cops probably cause to search his car; all we have to go on is the snippet of video that dipshit has chosen to share because it supports his claim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #33
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Burnt, maybe. Fresh bud has a very distinct odor as well, and if he's carrying enough to be considered trafficking, it would be pretty strong.
Not necessarily. Apparently it's 30g or more to get charged with trafficking, which is like a sandwich bag or so, which isn't that much.

Obviously nobody except those officers themselves know whether they smelled fresh bud, or burnt marijuana... but my guess it's the latter.

Quote:
Doesn't change the fact that had he simply got out of the vehicle when he was asked, he would never had got his window smashed.
The question at the end of the day is whether the officer actually had sufficient grounds to demand he get out of his vehicle. That is what's being debated, and the answer doesn't seem to be a clear yes.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-30-2015, 04:49 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Not necessarily. Apparently it's 30g or more to get charged with trafficking, which is like a sandwich bag or so, which isn't that much.
No, but if he's been doing it for a while... that smell can linger.

No, I don't know this because I've done it. Working in the music biz though, I've worked around a lot of chronics. When they carry it constantly, that smell can get trapped up in anything cloth.

Quote:
Obviously nobody except those officers themselves know whether they smelled fresh bud, or burnt marijuana... but my guess it's the latter.
True... also, the article doesn't specify exactly WHAT he's charged with trafficking. They have have found a dozen pounds of heroin, for all we know.

Quote:
The question at the end of the day is whether the officer actually had sufficient grounds to demand he get out of his vehicle. That is what's being debated, and the answer doesn't seem to be a clear yes.
Not a clear no, either. But if you put it together with all the other behaviour we see (or hear) from the driver on this video, I'd lean toward the cops' story. Why does he not just roll the window down, if there's nothing to be concerned about them seeing in the car? Why not just get out and talk to them as requested?

"Sufficient grounds" are required for them to search the vehicle, but I don't believe they're required for them to ask him to get out.

Look at it from their side: buddy is refusing to roll his window down, refusing to get out, being highly argumentative (in a passive sort of way)... essentially BEHAVING like he's trying to hide something. They don't know if he might be hiding a gun down the right side of his seat, or in some other way putting THEIR lives at risk. The more he protests getting out of the car, the more suspicious it seems.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2015, 05:13 PM   #35
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,855 Times in 889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I fucking hate people like this, if you're going out of your way to make someones job harder because you have a carrot up your ass you're an idiot, plain and simple. And if they're gonna insist on making the polices job harder, they better be 110% sure they are doing everything flawlessly (like CiC wasn't a few weeks back) or they're gonna have a real bad time since they don't have to do you any favours either.
inb4 this was actually CiC
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2015, 05:34 PM   #36
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
The following is to my understanding of offences involving motor vehicles:

If an officer has reasonable grounds to "suspect" impaired driving, the officer is authorized to immediately demand a physical coordination test. This is stage 1 of the screening test, based on suspicion.
In this case, we have a pretentious ignoramus refusing to comply.

During stage 1, the officer is NOT required by law to permit the suspect to consult with a lawyer when demanded of a roadside sobriety test or asked about alcohol consumption.

A suspect only has the right to counsel if a breathalyzer sample or drug test by a Drug Recognition Expert (DRE) is demanded. This is stage 2. Stage 2 comes into effect when the officer has reasonable grounds to "believe" that the suspect has committed an impaired driving offence. Belief comes into play when the suspect fails the Standardized Field Sobriety Test, or blows "red" on a handheld roadside device.

Guy in the video's being a lil bitch, thinking he's all smart n shit
Old 03-30-2015, 06:53 PM   #37
I subscribe to Revscene

What if a Chinese cop did the same thing to medical marijuana legend Wayne Gretzky? Can you imagine how that would shake up the country's conscious?
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-30-2015, 08:27 PM   #38
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
What if a Chinese cop did the same thing to medical marijuana legend Wayne Gretzky? Can you imagine how that would shake up the country's conscious?
What if they didn't do there due diligence, he was impaired drove down the street and ran over a toddler and a mother crossing the road? Can you imagine the fire the cop would be under for not doing his job? You can what if any scenario to death, he allegedly had drugs on him he'll get his day in court nobody hurt but his ego and his window.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2015, 08:38 PM   #39
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
You guys all missed a critical point right at the beginning of the video.

The reason the cop calls this kid a moron, and tells him to hit the brakes, and put it in park, is because the car started to roll forward when the cop walked up to the window.

That all on it's own is a stupid enough thing to do to make a cop think about impaired driving, what kind of stupid retard doesn't put the car in park, and shut it off when they get pulled over.

Only a guilty person pulls half the shit this kid did, like starting to film the officer, not rolling down your window fully, arguing, the kid knew he was fucked, and decided to make a scene to hopefully get off on some technicality, or to make a scene out of it.

I for one hope the judge sees right through this shit and shoves the gavel so far up his ass that he won't even feel the rape while he enjoys his short stint in prison. Sorry not sorry.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2015, 08:54 PM   #40
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Wouldn't have to listen to all the banter in the vid if VPD just had this guy on the force:

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:49 PM   #41
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
What if they didn't do there due diligence, he was impaired drove down the street and ran over a toddler and a mother crossing the road? Can you imagine the fire the cop would be under for not doing his job? You can what if any scenario to death, he allegedly had drugs on him he'll get his day in court nobody hurt but his ego and his window.
Yes any scenario can be made up, but putting Wayne Gretzky behind those polite "sirs" with the thought that all humans in this country are equals, is not a scenario that makes the officers action excusable.

I also doubt some newer generation settler immigrant cops would recognize the aging, slut looking of a daughter, stressed Gretzky.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-30-2015, 09:56 PM   #42
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
doesn't matter if the guy in the car is a douchbag or not.... his window doesn't deserve to get smashed.

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2015, 09:58 PM   #43
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
Quote:
Yes any scenario can be made up, but putting Wayne Gretzky behind those polite "sirs" with the thought that all humans in this country are equals, is not a scenario that makes the officers action excusable.

I also doubt some newer generation settler immigrant cops would recognize the aging, slut looking of a daughter, stressed Gretzky.
Wayne Gretzky would also be smart enough to comply.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:10 PM   #44
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:

Don't you talk that way about Paulina! She's a nice lady!
Old 03-30-2015, 10:32 PM   #45
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Why are you bringing the Great One and his family into this? Isn't Jackie Chans son in jail for weed?

Are you even Canadian?
Old 03-30-2015, 10:52 PM   #46
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

lool this guy was purposely not cooperating. If he cooperated, he would have probably got off easy.

cop "I smell marijuana come out of this vehicle"

kid "no you do not...!"
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:59 AM   #47
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
THC doe's some funny things if you're Already Fucking retarded.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:01 AM   #48
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joh View Post
Source : http://vpdmisconduct.blog.com/

Coles note:
Yes I had illegal durgs in my car but I had right to have it because medicinal marihuana cost too much.

What a complete idiot. So now he is claiming this bs excuse, but when the officers pulled him over and told him they smelled marijuana, he flat out lied and told them they didn't. If he really believed this nonsense he would have explained that to the officer when confronted instead of coming up with this bs after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
doesn't matter if the guy in the car is a douchbag or not.... his window doesn't deserve to get smashed.
I think it did, officers were attempted to place the subject under arrest, be it for suspicion of impaired driving, possession of a control substance or even just being detained while they investigate, the subject refused to multiple times to exit the vehicle while the officer was attempting to place him under arrest, so the officer had to go get him by smashing the window. If this clown didn't want his window smashed, then exit the vehicle when an officer is attempting to place you under arrest.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2015, 06:09 AM   #49

No no, he's right, that poor innocent pane of glass really didn't deserve to pay the ultimate price for its owner's utter stupidity....
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2015, 07:54 AM   #50
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
Poor window, ????-2015 RIP

Why must the good die young?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: