REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:26 AM   #3476
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Vrbata's prolly too depressed to play
i'd want a day off too with all the bad luck and non-finish lol

i could see why they'd want Grenier against the Peg...Shinkaruk would get destroyed.
I don't expect to see much of McCann tonight either...should be one of those games built for Virtanen
Advertisement
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:31 AM   #3477
My homepage has been set to RS

^you would hope so but knowing with this retarded coach you wont see any of the kids really tonight! I have lost faith in this coach and would like crowe back if that was possible haha....WD just screams rookie rookie rookie....and continues to make mistakes after mistake...cant adapt either just bush league coach!
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2015, 09:41 AM   #3478
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Free Willy!

If this team doesn't make the playoffs so that Aquaman gets his 1st round playoff revenue, the boss might give a stern talk to Linden and Benning about a coaching change. Aquaman said during a press conference about Linden having total autonomy on hockey operations. Yeah sure, we'll see what the big boss says if he is not getting playoff revenue.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:42 AM   #3479
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Twins with Hansen
Burrows/Horvat/Virtanen
Higgins/McCann/Grenier
Baertschi/Cracknell/Dorsett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
^you would hope so but knowing with this retarded coach you wont see any of the kids really tonight! I have lost faith in this coach and would like crowe back if that was possible haha....WD just screams rookie rookie rookie....and continues to make mistakes after mistake...cant adapt either just bush league coach!
I am expecting the twins and Hansen playing 20 minutes.
Burrows, Dorsett and Higgins playing 16-18 minutes.
Cracknell and Horvatt will both be in the 15 minute range so that leaves McCann with 10 - 12 minutes of icetime.
Virtanen may play 13-15 minutes.
Grenier and Baertschi will play <10 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:44 AM   #3480
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Fuck why aren't we playing our rookies 20 min a game? FUCK
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-18-2015, 10:10 AM   #3481

^I wouldnt play them 20mins a game thats just stupid I would be happy with somewhere between 15-16mins and atleast play them in positions where they can succeed ie pk, pp, OT, 5on5 situations ect...WD has yet to do any of this really and the record shows it!
Old 11-18-2015, 10:13 AM   #3482

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz:
Doubt he will get fired at all. Expectations are low this year and the Canucks don't need a third head coach on the payroll.
Quote:
Canucks do need another 2nd round pick though.
This. I'd only fire WD if there was another team waiting to line him up
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #3483

^fuck that would be so sick! 2 2nd round picks for 2 former coaches would be a steal...I doubt anyone would hire WD maybe for an assistant but not for a head coach that is for sure!

Has anyone ever noticed WD never looks like he gets angry at the refs when something fucked up happens to the canucks! Thats what I miss about torts atleast he would defend his team and wrip the refs a new asshole if something went bad...you always see a camera shot of WD looks dazed and confused doing this weird chewing thing with his lip like if he was on coc..
Old 11-18-2015, 10:39 AM   #3484
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
Cool story about Burrows - basically Sunday morning in Toronto, he got a call from his wife that she was going into labour. He took off for the airport, got there at 11:30am but his flight wasn't until 2:30pm. There was a 12pm flight back, but it was overbooked, so Burrows expected to wait 3 hrs.

Aquilini happened to be there and had a spot on the 12pm flight, so he switched flights with Burrows. As a result, Burrows made it back to Vancouver at 3:30pm, met his wife at the hospital, and was able to witness the birth of his third child, Jacob, at 4:20pm.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2015, 11:00 AM   #3485

inb4 Hondaracer sucked Aquaman's dick to get Burrows on that flight.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2015, 11:08 AM   #3486
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I'm sure someones posted about Dan Hamhuis in this thread already but it must be said again, he's beyond awful this season. Can't count how many giveaways he's had over the past few games or he's allowed the opposition player to skate right by him.

It's about time they let him go and same with Edler who should have been gone this past off season.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2015, 11:15 AM   #3487
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
I'm sure someones posted about Dan Hamhuis in this thread already but it must be said again, he's beyond awful this season. Can't count how many giveaways he's had over the past few games or he's allowed the opposition player to skate right by him.

It's about time they let him go and same with Edler who should have been gone this past off season.
Edler and Weber have had a horrendous road trip that they over shadow how bad any other D has played. Even Hutton is on a slump lol

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:19 AM   #3488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Cool story about Burrows - basically Sunday morning in Toronto, he got a call from his wife that she was going into labour. He took off for the airport, got there at 11:30am but his flight wasn't until 2:30pm. There was a 12pm flight back, but it was overbooked, so Burrows expected to wait 3 hrs.

Aquilini happened to be there and had a spot on the 12pm flight, so he switched flights with Burrows. As a result, Burrows made it back to Vancouver at 3:30pm, met his wife at the hospital, and was able to witness the birth of his third child, Jacob, at 4:20pm.

The big boss shows a gesture of kindness to his employee. Props to Aquilini.

Here's the article:

Fort Nucks ? Just In Time

Thank you Francesco Aquilini.

Alex Burrows repeated one thing during his scrum in the Canucks dressing room Wednesday morning and that was it: thank you Francesco Aquilini.

Sunday morning Burrows awoke in Toronto and headed down to the team breakfast. That’s when his phone rang. It was Nancy, his wife, who was going into labour. The couple’s third child wasn’t due until November 20th, but it was go time.

Burrows immediately hopped into a cab and booked it for the airport. He arrived at 11:30 a.m., yet his flight wasn’t until 2:30 p.m. After speaking to the airline, who told him there was a 12 p.m. flight but that it was overbooked, Burrows expected to spend the next few hours pacing the airport.

Then he felt a tap on his shoulder.

It was Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini, who had been in town to watch Vancouver play Toronto a night earlier.

Burrows explained the situation and next thing he knew he was boarding the 12 p.m. flight to Vancouver.

“You’re getting on this flight,” Aquilini told Burrows, who understandably felt bad he was about to make the team owner wait at the airport for another three hours. “He didn’t give me a choice and so I took him up on switching flights. I guess he just watched football for a while.”

Thanks to the flight change, Burrows arrived in Vancouver at 3:30 p.m., joining his wife at the hospital a mad cab ride later.

Nancy was well into labour when her husband arrived, but he made it and was there to witness the birth of Jacob, who was born at 4:20 p.m. He weighed in at 7.1 pounds and was 19 inches long; both Jacob and Nancy are doing well.

Burrows will be forever grateful he ran into Aquilini at the airport.

“It’s funny how things work,” said Burrows, who admitted he got emotional during the birth. “For whatever reason I didn’t cry when my girls were born and I didn’t expect to this time, I think I was just so happy I was there to see it.”

Burrows has made a habit of close calls when it comes to seeing his children being born.

His eldest daughter was born on April 27th, 2011, a day after Burrows scored the biggest goal of his career when he slayed the dragon to take down the Chicago Blackhawks 2-1 in overtime in Game 7 of the Western Conference Quarterfinal.

A day after his daughter was born, the Canucks opened the Western Conference Semi-final against the Nashville Predators.

“Right in the middle,” laughed Burrows. “I’m happy I’m lucky!”

Hearing Burrows talk about the birth and his emotions through it all made for a great morning skate today in Winnipeg.

This hasn’t been the greatest road trip, but there’s one game left to end on a high-note. Expect Burrows, who loves playing in Winnipeg, to be flying.

Let’s hope he helps keep the Jets grounded.

Derek (@NoJoryous)
Old 11-18-2015, 12:35 PM   #3489
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
And after 1 season, RS members are already requesting for a new coach

SMH
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2015, 02:39 PM   #3490
Throw yo paws in da air!

Don't you remember the "he got out coached" rants ? You don't say it was his first NHL season lulz. Personally I'm willing to stick with WD , even if we had the option to get rid of him

1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
Old 11-18-2015, 02:56 PM   #3491
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
any bets if you think canucks gon fuck this game up again today????.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:24 PM   #3492

This is a game canucks will lose no ifs ands or butts reason for it:

Jets are on a slide dont know how many games in a row they have lost but canucks rule of thumb is...if you are a team in a slump play the canucks you will break the slump...

If you want to score your first NHL goal play the canucks..

If you want to score your first goal of the year play the canucks..

If you are on a scoring slump play the canucks..

you guys get the idea...
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2015, 03:53 PM   #3493
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
lol I think jets lost 6 in a row? and Canucks have lost 5/6 ?

GG
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:09 PM   #3494
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
Last night, part of a 4 point night for him.

slicrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:30 PM   #3495
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
Don't you remember the "he got out coached" rants ? You don't say it was his first NHL season lulz. Personally I'm willing to stick with WD , even if we had the option to get rid of him
AV - "Never played the rookies/got out coached/chewed too much gum"

Torts - Was torts

WD - Fans want a high draft pick, but do not want to lose games. "He isn't playing our rookies for 20 minutes a game, getting out coached, powerplay sucks, etc"

goalie graveyard turned coaching graveyard
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:36 PM   #3496

Lol c'mon, we've all been fans long enough to know that when a team is on a slide and has the worst possible gaa and other stats, they'll turn it around and wreck the Canucks. Pavelec prolly gonna channel his inner Roy and get like a 40 save shutout.

Travis Hamonic on the trading block. Prefers a western Canadian team. Too bad we have no assets to give up at this point. At least compared to Oil, Flams and Peg
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2015, 04:52 PM   #3497
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Would give up Sbisa, Weber, Dorset, Prust, Cracknell for Hamonic
Old 11-18-2015, 04:53 PM   #3498

Daniel! A power play goal! Is this real life???
Old 11-18-2015, 04:57 PM   #3499
Throw yo paws in da air!

Tanev straight up for Hamonic. Who would ?

1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
Old 11-18-2015, 05:03 PM   #3500
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
Tanev straight up for Hamonic. Who would ?
Interesting and Yes in a heart beat

Islanders D Hamonic requests trade - Article - TSN

Quote:
New York Islanders defenceman Travis Hamonic is looking to be traded to Western Canada. Confirming a media report,
TSN Darren Dreger adds Hamonic is hoping to move for personal reasons and requested the trade prior to the season.

The 25-year-old is a native of St. Malo, Manitoba and would like to be moved closer to home.According to Dreger, Isles general manager Garth Snow is looking for an equitable player in return, which is difficult since Hamonic - a top-two defenceman - averages 23 minutes in ice time per game.
In 19 games with the Islanders this season, Hamonic has three assists and is plus-five.
Hamonic scored five goals and 33 points in 71 games last season. He added one assist in six playoff games.
Dreger adds Hamonic's agency, Titan Sports, has been in constant contact with Snow since the defenceman made his request.
Hamonic signed a seven-year, $27 million contract with the Islanders prior to the 2013-14 season.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote