REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:03 PM   #3276
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
We deserve that loss. Ain't even mad
Advertisement

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2015, 04:11 PM   #3277
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I think from now on whenever the game goes to OT we should just show up for the opening face off then head to the locker room because we're going to lose anyway.
bossha is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2015, 04:13 PM   #3278
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Power play and PK cost the team this game. If you cannot score on a 5 minute powerplay and give up a short handed goal, you are gonna lose in the NHL.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:40 PM   #3279
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Reports: Players walk out on OHL's Flint Firebirds - Sportsnet.ca

Quote:
Players on the OHL’s Flint Firebirds have walked out on the team following the firing of its coaches, according to various reports.

As first reported by OHL Insiders, after the Firebirds rallied back from a 3-1 deficit to defeat the Oshawa Generals on Sunday, the club let go of its coaches prompting players to “march” up to the management offices and quit.

The website asserts that the firings stemmed from the ice time that coach John Gruden allotted to Hakon Nilson, son of club owner Rolf Nilson.

A team spokesman confirmed the players’ revolt to a CBS affiliate in Michigan late Sunday night.

According to Sportsnet’s Jeff Marek, the players and organization are in a “stalemate,” with the Firebirds’ next game scheduled for Friday.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2015, 06:04 AM   #3280
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Devils’ Tootoo claims Burrows disparaged ‘personal life, family’

Quote:
NEWARK, N.J. — New Jersey winger Jordin Tootoo said Vancouver’s Alexandre Burrows made disparaging comments about his "personal life and family" during the Devils’ 4-3 overtime victory Sunday night.

Tootoo, the first Inuit player to make it to the NHL, said Burrows made the comments while they were serving penalties in the second period.

Tootoo said the remarks were "classless and unacceptable in this day and age." He said he challenged Burrows to a fight and Burrows declined. Tootoo did fight Derek Dorsett.

The 32-year-old Tootoo entered the NHL/NHLPA Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Program in December 2010 because of an alcohol problem. His brother, minor-league hockey player Terence, committed suicide in 2002 following an arrest for drunk driving.
Majestic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2015, 07:35 AM   #3281
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
fucken eh...i should've known yesterday was gonna be a letdown

being a Vancouver sports fan blows.
every fucking year there's a sports day involving two Vancouver teams that i look forward too and every fucking year it's a letdown
(except CFL but how fucking hard is it to win in that league?!)

The fucking powerplay of this team is fucking atrocious. I'd rather they suck at PK than PP. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Tootoo was making that shit up to divert attention away from that piece of shit Larsson's high hit. Prolly worked too...i'd bet money the guy isn't gonna get shit.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:42 AM   #3282
degenerate extraordinaire

I suggest you jump over and be really good friends with tegra devil, if you can't take anymore of the emotional roller coaster of being a vancouver fan.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:51 AM   #3283

thanks, but no thanks.

never said i couldn't take it anymore
jesus, is a guy not allowed to fucking vent without getting shitty advice up the fucking wazoo
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 11-09-2015, 08:30 AM   #3284
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
being a Vancouver sports fan blows.
every fucking year there's a sports day involving two Vancouver teams that i look forward too and every fucking year it's a letdown
problem solved
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:47 AM   #3285
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Honestly, this is totally disgusting and makes the league and the players look bush league.

***NOTE***
I am talking about both Burrows and Tootoo.
One of them is going to come out of this looking bad. Right now the focus is on Burrows since a lot of people are already painting Burrs as being guilty of saying smack to Tootoo.
We all know there is a lot of smack talk during a game. We've all seen it and heard it. Guys talking about other people's wives/GF's. Or giving their balls a tug.
The green men at the Canucks games or people throwing eggo's onto the ice.

But the opposite can be said that whatever is said on the ice, stays on the ice and it is quite classless of Tootoo to air it out to the media.
Look at the Boston/MTL series last year. We all know Lucic said something to Weise and Emelin during the handshake but no one would talk about it which is the classier thing to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:57 AM   #3286
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Tootoo is a piece of shit and has always been a piece of shit.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2015, 08:58 AM   #3287
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Yea tootoo just feeling pissed off cause he got tossed or somtbing, gotta stay relevant somehow when you're scraping by to stay in the league.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:58 AM   #3288

Yeah, I wanna vent on this thread about this team's weaksauce powerplay.
That will not doing anything to help this team.

We're talkin' about practice and making big adjustments on how this team plays with the man advantage.

Unfortunately, the coaching staff doesn't have the luxury of practice time on the road during this 7 game period to practice the PP.

Correct if I'm wrong, but isn't assistant coach Gullickson the guy responsible for the powerplay strategy and coaching??

Oh, Hockey Gods, please give us a win on Tuesday against Torts and the Blue Jackets. That 2nd round pick from Torts' hiring with another team is not enough compensation.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:19 AM   #3289
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Tootoo is a piece of shit and has always been a piece of shit.
Both are pieces of shit.
Majestic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2015, 09:23 AM   #3290
My homepage has been set to RS

Ref Kerry Fraser had a column on TSN one time talking about a player coming up to him in tears because someone had chirpped him about his divorce

He then went and told the offending player that if he did that again, he would penalize him. and he didnt do it again

Lines are crossed all the time on the ice and for whatever it takes to win. i dont know if any other sports have this much mental and physical intensity

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:39 AM   #3291

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Yeah, I wanna vent on this thread about this team's weaksauce powerplay.
That will not doing anything to help this team.

We're talkin' about practice and making big adjustments on how this team plays with the man advantage.

Unfortunately, the coaching staff doesn't have the luxury of practice time on the road during this 7 game period to practice the PP.
That'd be a valid excuse except our PP has sucked balls for the better part of 4 seasons now so i don't think practice time will help. Maybe cleaning house on PP staff and trying some radical stuff might do the trick...maybe flicking Edler's fucking nose everytime he tries a drop pass.

Vrbata is probably the unluckiest guy on the team with regards to puck luck right now...guy just can't get a goal. The amount of grade A chances he had yesterday should've given Safeway a run for their money.

Last edited by 6o4__boi; 11-09-2015 at 09:49 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2015, 10:30 AM   #3292

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
That'd be a valid excuse except our PP has sucked balls for the better part of 4 seasons now so i don't think practice time will help. Maybe cleaning house on PP staff and trying some radical stuff might do the trick...maybe flicking Edler's fucking nose everytime he tries a drop pass.

Vrbata is probably the unluckiest guy on the team with regards to puck luck right now...guy just can't get a goal. The amount of grade A chances he had yesterday should've given Safeway a run for their money.

I agree. We need a new assistant coach to run the PP. The power play is so predictable.

The team uses two options now:

1) The Sedins cycle the puck down low until they can pass the puck to a player in the slot for a shot. Example: Vrbata's shot in front of the Jersey goalie during the Sunday game.

2) The five man unit passes the puck around until the puck goes to the player at the point for a shot with a clear shooting lane.

There is zero net presence in front of the opposing goalie, except for Burrows.

I wonder if Gullickson even told the guys the weaknesses of that Jersey goalie Kincaid as part of PP strategy. That big goalie is really slow in terms of lateral movement. IF the guys shot five hole on him, the chances of scoring would be higher.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:41 AM   #3293
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
Ref Kerry Fraser had a column on TSN one time talking about a player coming up to him in tears because someone had chirpped him about his divorce

He then went and told the offending player that if he did that again, he would penalize him. and he didnt do it again

Lines are crossed all the time on the ice and for whatever it takes to win. i dont know if any other sports have this much mental and physical intensity
Didn't know it was a ref's job to police hurt feelings.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:37 AM   #3294

PP has little movement, all set plays that are easy to defend against. Even our zone entries have been set plays since 2010.

Need more dynamic play on the PP
Old 11-09-2015, 11:38 AM   #3295

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Didn't know it was a ref's job to police hurt feelings.
Unsportsmanlike Conduct is in the rulebook.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #3296
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Rehired.

#MondayMustRead: Flint Firebirds re-hire coaches after player protest - Article - TSN
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:40 PM   #3297
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:

We're talkin' about practice

in other news... heres an article on Sergei Federov, who is fucking boss

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...201436054.html

the Anna Kournikova tidbit is especially awesome haha
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2015, 08:42 AM   #3298

Markstrom starts, Cracknell in for Virtanen, PP personnel changes, Tanev game-time decision
Old 11-10-2015, 09:36 AM   #3299

Carey Price is out for another week for a lower body injury.

C'mon Price, get back in the game so that you can help my hockey pool team.

Canadiens' Price out another week - Article - TSN

Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price will be out for another week with a lower-body injury, the team revealed Tuesday.

Head coach Michel Therrien said Price's second opinion with doctors in New York corroborated with the team doctor's prognosis.

Therrien added he is hoping Price will be "back on the ice soon."

Price was reevaluated in New York Monday after being out since Oct. 29 with the injury.

In Price's absence, rookie Mike Condon has gone 3-0-1 over four games.

Montreal is in Pittsburgh to play the Penguins Wednesday.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:48 PM   #3300
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Carey Price is out for another week for a lower body injury.

C'mon Price, get back in the game so that you can help my hockey pool team.

Canadiens' Price out another week - Article - TSN

Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price will be out for another week with a lower-body injury, the team revealed Tuesday.

Head coach Michel Therrien said Price's second opinion with doctors in New York corroborated with the team doctor's prognosis.

Therrien added he is hoping Price will be "back on the ice soon."

Price was reevaluated in New York Monday after being out since Oct. 29 with the injury.

In Price's absence, rookie Mike Condon has gone 3-0-1 over four games.

Montreal is in Pittsburgh to play the Penguins Wednesday.
Tell me more about your pool, bro!
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote