REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-18-2015, 10:26 AM   #76
Rs has made me the man i am today!

^that bomb stuff is freaking crazy...
Advertisement
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:42 AM   #77
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
and these aren't even the biggest bombs. lol.
Such an eerie thought. I'm curious about the "Bomb Detonated by the USA" statement in the pic. Does that mean that the US has/had tested each bomb by detonating it somewhere?
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:01 AM   #78
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Speaking of freaky scary bombs:

World's largest nuclear explosion, the Tsar.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:03 AM   #79
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Yup, all tested in the 50's

The biggest one ever was by Russia... Someone made a similar image for it, so I'll put it beside the original:

Spoiler!

That would literally wipe a city off the face of the earth.

From wikipedia

Quote:
All buildings in the village of Severny (both wooden and brick), located 55 kilometres from ground zero within the Sukhoy Nos test range, were destroyed. In districts hundreds of kilometers from ground zero wooden houses were destroyed, stone ones lost their roofs, windows and doors; and radio communications were interrupted for almost one hour. One participant in the test saw a bright flash through dark goggles and felt the effects of a thermal pulse even at a distance of 270 kilometres. The heat from the explosion could have caused third-degree burns 100 km away from ground zero. A shock wave was observed in the air at Dikson settlement 700 kilometres away; windowpanes were partially broken to distances of 900 kilometres. Atmospheric focusing caused blast damage at even greater distances, breaking windows in Norway and Finland.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2015, 11:08 AM   #80
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,342 Times in 5,649 Posts
Well watch "mega ships" on discovery etc.

The USS Kentucky, a "destroyer class" nuclear submarine is 1 of 18 in the navy fleet, each equipped with 20 triton missles. They tout it as the worlds deadliest war
Machine with enough fire power to "wipe out a continent" and that's only a single sub
Old 08-18-2015, 12:10 PM   #81
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Such an eerie thought. I'm curious about the "Bomb Detonated by the USA" statement in the pic. Does that mean that the US has/had tested each bomb by detonating it somewhere?
yeah most of em were blown up in bikini atoll. a buncha little islands in the middle of no where. i dont think there are anymore islands left LOL. the nukes ate them.

for point of reference, sponge bob comes from bikini bottom. maybe they can all talk cuz they're all mutated LOL.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2015, 02:23 PM   #82
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Did a quick Google search for bikini atoll. Yup, that's the middle of nowhere alright. haha!
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:17 AM   #83
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
nooo....

Valuable Brabus S-Classes Destroyed in Tianjin Explosion - GTspirit

before:

after :

"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:00 PM   #84
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Disc and Caliper looks good to be parted out!

Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: