REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:19 AM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
it's all about how small they can get the bomb, small enough to get on a missile that they can actually fire and control.

apparently they can't do either (small enough warhead, good enough missiles), but it is a matter of time.

at some point that regime will be overthrown, China is really the one to control that and rhetoric from Beijing appears to be getting less and less supportive to DRPK.
Advertisement
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:50 AM   #27
I bringith the lowerballerith

I've seen older students(40+) from North Korea studying nuclear physics at UBC. I wonder why we let them do that.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-28-2016, 11:37 AM   #28
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
I've seen older students(40+) from North Korea studying nuclear physics at UBC. I wonder why we let them do that.
Sure, but at what degree?

If they're doing undergraduate work, who the hell cares? Everything they touch is readily available on the internet.

Hell, even if you're doing a graduate degree, I would hardly consider it beyond the realm of the internet.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 01:24 PM   #29
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,409 Times in 3,477 Posts
The US has nukes around the world. If North Korea ever launched a nuke against the US the US would flatten North Korea like a pancake.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:20 PM   #30
Banned (ABWS)

i almost nuked this whole website.
ultra_g6o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-28-2016, 04:13 PM   #31
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
So you would ban knowledge from someone because of where they're born? That's pretty backward.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2016, 11:18 PM   #32
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
The US has nukes around the world. If North Korea ever launched a nuke against the US the US would flatten North Korea like a pancake.
Sure but would that stop the North from launching more nukes? They could have dozens of nukes in submarines.

North Korea doesnt commit genocide, the ZioAmerican empire does directly and indirectly in the millions every decade. Going against North Korea means you stand behind genocide and even selling out your own ethnicity as everyone, even Anglo Europeans, have been slaughtered by these aristocrats in the past. .
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-28-2016, 11:55 PM   #33
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

good, now aim that shit at the middle east
rice cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:03 AM   #34
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,409 Times in 3,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Sure but would that stop the North from launching more nukes? They could have dozens of nukes in submarines.
LOL North Korea having nukes on subs. They would be extremely lucky to have one land based nuke able to come close to reaching the U.S.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:44 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
So you would ban knowledge from someone because of where they're born? That's pretty backward.
Well, I was talking specifically about North Koreans and the knowledge of Nuclear physics.

If you simplify and dumb down my statement to include all people and the entirety of knowledge, it excludes certain variables that otherwise would be implied.

For example, North Korea deploys spies. They also send out citizens overseas to attend school and then bring back that knowledge. Kim Jong Un himself attended school in Switzerland.

And although my post was mostly for a chuckle, with these variables in mind, would you still say it's completely backwards and racist?
Old 03-29-2016, 11:35 AM   #36
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
If they are spies and our intelligence agency didn't catch or monitor them, then we have bigger problems than them taking some courses at UBC.

There is no warrant to ban knowledge from anyone based on citizenship or ethics. I would further argue it is good for these people, whom lots of people think are stupid and backward and evil and what not, to get educated in civilized countries such as ours and immerse themselves in the Western culture and tradition in the process.

Or would you rather they stay stupid and evil and keep getting brainwashed by a government headed by a baby dictator.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:43 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
If they are spies and our intelligence agency didn't catch or monitor them, then we have bigger problems than them taking some courses at UBC.

There is no warrant to ban knowledge from anyone based on citizenship or ethics. I would further argue it is good for these people, whom lots of people think are stupid and backward and evil and what not, to get educated in civilized countries such as ours and immerse themselves in the Western culture and tradition in the process.

Or would you rather they stay stupid and evil and keep getting brainwashed by a government headed by a baby dictator.
So what you're saying is just based on where they were born, they are stupid and evil and brainwashed. Which is the basis of my statement that they are evil and brainwashed(HA). You clearly know why I made such a statement .
Also, spies are spies because they are spies. It's a problem that they exist but its not really a "bigger problem" because all countries have them around the world.

I would actually argue that no one really thinks they are stupid, more so the ones that defect which means they usually come from money and were knowledgeable enough to know defecting was an option worth the risk.

Quite a few aspects of society are restricted based on natural origin due to foreign influence. Can't be POTUS unless natural born. Can't join canadian army if you are not from an allied country.

Its not some concrete ban on knowledge that you keep broadening it out to, its based on very specific variables and prevention.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:25 PM   #38
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
it's all about how small they can get the bomb, small enough to get on a missile that they can actually fire and control.

apparently they can't do either (small enough warhead, good enough missiles), but it is a matter of time.

at some point that regime will be overthrown, China is really the one to control that and rhetoric from Beijing appears to be getting less and less supportive to DRPK.
The United States had backpack nukes in 1958, only thirteen years after the very first nuclear device was ever used. It's 2016, and nuclear weapons have become infinitely more destructive. I find it hard to believe that after 71 years of testing, development (and more importantly) changing political climates, that the secret to launchable warheads is still a mystery to all but those who do not have the devices themselves. In this age of electronic espionage, the likelyhood that some sensitive information hasn't been leaked is absurd.

The fact that there is still a question of whether or not all of the Soviet Union's stockpile of weapons and research had been accounted for after the collapse is cause enough to warrant this kind of suspicion.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:41 PM   #39
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
So what you're saying is just based on where they were born, they are stupid and evil and brainwashed. Which is the basis of my statement that they are evil and brainwashed(HA). You clearly know why I made such a statement .
Also, spies are spies because they are spies. It's a problem that they exist but its not really a "bigger problem" because all countries have them around the world.

I would actually argue that no one really thinks they are stupid, more so the ones that defect which means they usually come from money and were knowledgeable enough to know defecting was an option worth the risk.

Quite a few aspects of society are restricted based on natural origin due to foreign influence. Can't be POTUS unless natural born. Can't join canadian army if you are not from an allied country.

Its not some concrete ban on knowledge that you keep broadening it out to, its based on very specific variables and prevention.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cr...campaign,_2016

And yes, I believe that denying someone education based on where they're from is backwards. Unless you've personally met a North Korean, saying they're evil and brainwashed is pretty prejudiced and ignorant.

Knowing now to build nuclear weapons and actually being able to do it are on two completely different levels of feasibility.