REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 04-13-2003, 12:30 PM   #26
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Go to First on Granville. It's only $50 and it's clean and very professional.

They won't pierce you with a barbell though. Only a ring. Places that pierce you with a barball really shouldn't be doing that. When you first get pierced you need a ring to be able to rotate it so the skin doesn't grow over. With a barbell to start, you can't do that and the risk of infection/problems in the future shoot wayyy up.

Plus, the $70 price for their barbells at Next is ridiculous. They say it's because the top ball screws into the barbell instead of the other way around or else it will rip your piercing. That's not true and they are just trying to rip you off. It costs them a few bucks to buy those barbells wholesale. I've seen them on whoesale sites and ebay, and they're charging people $70 because they're the only place that carries that kind.

For the people that went to Next, you got majorly ripped off.
Advertisement
naomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 12:53 AM   #27
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Where is first on granville?
---CAB GIRL #8

---2002 RSX BaBe
:hi:

superlammy1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 01:37 PM   #28
I am Hook'd on RS

a friend of mine went to first on granville and her piercing got infected...

as for me, i'd prefer to go to next or sacred heart..i've seen both places and both places seem to be very clean and thorough with their sanitation of needles and stuff.....
Celica_GurL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 06:11 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally posted by superlammy1031
Where is first on granville?
It's past that leather shop I think.

Further down granville than Next
Old 04-14-2003, 06:12 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally posted by Celica_GurL
a friend of mine went to first on granville and her piercing got infected...
That doesn't mean that First is dirty. They use sealed and prepackaged needles only, so the only way it could have gotten infected is if your friend was dirty with her piercing and didn't clean it properly.

As for the sanitization of needles being the reason you prefer Next or sacred heart.. First uses disposable needles.. meaning they never use the same one twice.. thus practically eliminating infection other than your own doing.

Last edited by naomi; 04-14-2003 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-14-2003, 06:21 PM   #31
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

it just all depends on the person whether or not its gonna get infected or not

i personally got my belly done at next like 2 years ago.it was very clean..but the lied to me....they said i could purchase a barbell bring it in..and they'll pierce it with the one i had...

but just like what babygrass said, they wouldn't do it cuz of the top screw thing...so gay...so i just pierced it with the hoop first....then i cheated and changed my belly ring to the barbell so yah....it didn't get inffected

and with first on granville...i got my first tattoo there..they did a good job...clean and super friendly

both places are good, but i would have to say next does cost a little more

be happy! :) SMILE :D
babyshortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 10:02 AM   #32
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally posted by babyshortie

but just like what babygrass said, they wouldn't do it cuz of the top screw thing...so gay...so i just pierced it with the hoop first....then i cheated and changed my belly ring to the barbell so yah....it didn't get inffected
how did you change your ring? cause i cant seem to take mine off.. someone told me to just flick the bead out.. and it should come off.. I've tried, and i dont want to flick to hard.. dotn want to ripe out the ring...

did you go someplace to change it? cause some places wont change it for you if you bring your own barbell. my friend did that.. and they wouldnt change it for her. so she ended up spending another $90 for a barbell, just to get it change...

any places where they would changed it for you if you brought your own barbell in???
exquisitelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 10:04 AM   #33
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally posted by babygrass
It's past that leather shop I think.

Further down granville than Next
isnt first on granville right next door to next now??
cause when i went 7months ago.. they were right beside each other.

i remember going next door to next to check out their tattoos...
Old 04-15-2003, 10:12 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally posted by exquisitelove
how did you change your ring? cause i cant seem to take mine off.. someone told me to just flick the bead out.. and it should come off.. I've tried, and i dont want to flick to hard.. dotn want to ripe out the ring...
Take 2 pliers and pull the metal parts on either side of the ring away from each other. The ball should fall off and you can take out the metal.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:13 AM   #35

Quote:
isnt first on granville right next door to next now??
cause when i went 7months ago.. they were right beside each other.

i remember going next door to next to check out their tattoos...
it could have moved. I got mine 3 years ago.
Old 04-15-2003, 02:14 PM   #36
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:

did you go someplace to change it? cause some places wont change it for you if you bring your own barbell. my friend did that.. and they wouldnt change it for her. so she ended up spending another $90 for a barbell, just to get it change...

any places where they would changed it for you if you brought your own barbell in???
i went to next to change my belly ring, i lied and said i had it for 6 months already...the dude was about to change it for me...but then the woman there said NO cuz of the screw thing at the top...so the dude just took off the bead for me..and said u can take the chance and change it urself

i walked a blk down and got first on granville to change it for me

be happy! :) SMILE :D
babyshortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 03:14 PM   #37
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Take 2 pliers and pull the metal parts on either side of the ring away from each other. The ball should fall off and you can take out the metal.
hmm. thanks.. i'll give that a try when i have time to find two pliers.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:02 AM   #38
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Re: Re: Sacred Hearts! Navel Piercing!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by superlammy1031
Is it hurt? I wanna get one too!
Pain factor was minimal, took les than 30 seconds to peirce and put the barbell in.
mono520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 12:14 AM   #39
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Go to First on Granville. It's only $50 and it's clean and very professional.

They won't pierce you with a barbell though. Only a ring. Places that pierce you with a barball really shouldn't be doing that. When you first get pierced you need a ring to be able to rotate it so the skin doesn't grow over. With a barbell to start, you can't do that and the risk of infection/problems in the future shoot wayyy up.

At sacred hearts, if you peirce with a barbell, they will only allow you to perice with the longest length barbell, meaning that you are able to slide the barbell up and down (similar to a ring but not 360 degrees) and it can accommodate the swelling in the first few weeks. It's somthing like getting your ears peirced, do you peirce it with a stud or ring?????

With the ring, if you sleep on your bellly or wear super tight clothes, you may press the ring to one side, you risk the change of your belly ring healing crooked. There is also a higher chance of snagging the ring which in turn will tear the wound and the healing process will take longer.
mono520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 09:49 AM   #40

We can debate about piercing with a ring vs a barbell until the cows come home and I doubt that anybody is going to change their views.

That's the great thing about living in a country where having your own opinion is encouraged.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:02 PM   #41
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Sorry to bump this thread i want to get my belly pierce soon so ya
uhm so "next" or "First" is a good place to get it pierce right? lol im confuse
and uhm.. its $50 right? uhm i want to ask how much does the stuff to clean the belly cost? o.o;; so it wont get infected ^^;; thanks``
ilubebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #42
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

how old r u?
belly piercings are out fyi.

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:13 AM   #43
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

older then 16? lol idc~ still want one anyway.
ilubebe is offline   Reply With Quote