REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Island Automotive Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/island-automotive-chat_13/)
-   -   Lets Just Talk About 4wd Turbo Celicas (https://www.revscene.net/forums/173077-lets-just-talk-about-4wd-turbo-celicas.html)

Zeus 12-27-2003 03:07 PM

Lets Just Talk About 4wd Turbo Celicas

So there is a race to see who will be the first to hit 12's on a stock bottom end on alltrac.net

its good times :)

Timpo 12-27-2003 03:18 PM

wow turbo 4WD Celica thread:D

HCR32 12-27-2003 03:31 PM

This is gettin old now

Timpo 12-27-2003 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tegradreams
This is gettin old now
what is?

Timpo 12-27-2003 04:02 PM

Celica GT-Four:)

http://img107.ac.yahoo.co.jp/users/0...2445720031.jpg

Timpo 12-27-2003 04:04 PM

These are kouki GT-Four...

can you see the difference? these cars have projector headlights.:)

http://img107.ac.yahoo.co.jp/users/1...6248720031.jpg
http://img107.ac.yahoo.co.jp/users/1...2527630081.jpg

m1ataman 12-27-2003 04:18 PM

Why on earth would anyone want to talk about 4wd Turbo Celicas??? J/K :D

oldsnail 12-27-2003 04:27 PM

the same engine is found in the MR2 Turbo

http://members.shaw.ca/littledragonli/S50%20020.jpg

Morgin 12-27-2003 04:31 PM

Timpo, I'm warning you... if you turn this into a picture whoring thread, I will personally come over and throw your computer out a window.

BC-X 12-27-2003 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Morgin
Timpo, I'm warning you... if you turn this into a picture whoring thread, I will personally come over and throw your computer out a window.
my thoughts exactly..

MidnightMechanic 12-27-2003 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by oldsnail
the same engine is found in the MR2 Turbo

Only the head of the 3SGTE is made by Yamaha though right? I know that Toyota and Yamaha have had a partnership for a little while, sharing valve train components and such. Its my understanding that the bottom end it all Toyota.

MajorBludd 12-27-2003 04:53 PM

SR block owns ! :D

i had to throw that in :p

Timpo 12-27-2003 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MidnightMechanic
Only the head of the 3SGTE is made by Yamaha though right? I know that Toyota and Yamaha have had a partnership for a little while, sharing valve train components and such. Its my understanding that the bottom end it all Toyota.
I thought Ford Taurus' engine was made by Yamaha too...or engineered by Yamaha...

Timpo 12-27-2003 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Morgin
some pictures are cool though...

I mean...I don't post any pointless pictures...

The-RX7 12-27-2003 05:03 PM

Alright! Now Timpo can't whore the RX-7 thread, he has a new home to whore

Timpo 12-27-2003 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The-RX7
Alright! Now Timpo can't whore the RX-7 thread, he has a new home to whore
I was posting some cool RX-7 pictures tho...well...in my opinion anyways.

MidnightMechanic 12-27-2003 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Timpo
I thought Ford Taurus' engine was made by Yamaha too...or engineered by Yamaha...
The Ford Taurus SHO had a Yamaha V6 in it, but that's not the point. The point was that the 3SGTE is not entirely built by Yamaha, just the valve train and head.

Timpo 12-27-2003 05:07 PM

Quote:

The Ford Taurus SHO had a Yamaha V6 in it, but that's not the point. The point was that the 3SGTE is not entirely built by Yamaha, just the valve train and head.
yeah...
I see...well I didn't know that 3SGTE was partly made by Yamaha. but now I know.

Timpo 12-27-2003 05:10 PM

oh by the way
is it possible to make the GT-Four conversion on the Celica we have here?
convert everything...like engine, body, tranny, drivetrain(to make it 4WD) and etc...
I think it is possible but I have never seen any people who have done the conversion.

Buster 12-27-2003 05:29 PM

Can we change this to the Turbo AWD thread.....or as a certain Honda owner calls it.......Bog.....Zoom.

MidnightMechanic 12-27-2003 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Timpo
oh by the way
is it possible to make the GT-Four conversion on the Celica we have here?
convert everything...like engine, body, tranny, drivetrain(to make it 4WD) and etc...
I think it is possible but I have never seen any people who have done the conversion.

Yes its possible because the Celica that we have over here in North America, and the ST-205 (Celica All trac in japan) share the same platform. So you could get the engine, drivetrain, rear subframe and different body panels and convert it. Therefore you would have one of the only ST-205 Celica All tracs in North America. Its a hell of a lot of work, but it "can" be done. And just when you think it can't get any better. You might think, well, where the hell am I going to find a written off ST205 in Japan to ship over here? The answer, you don't need one. The engine, as said earlier, can be sourced from an MR2 turbo, while the drivetrain and rear subframe can all be taken from a 4WD Toyota Rav4. Go figure!

Mr. WRX 12-27-2003 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Buster
.....or as a certain Honda owner calls it.......Bog.....Zoom.
it only bogs if you do it wrong...so he must have been watching me... :lol

Zeus 12-27-2003 06:52 PM

Quote:

you are correct sir only the head was done by yamaha :)

Quote:

Yes its possible because the Celica that we have over here in North America, and the ST-205 (Celica All trac in japan) share the same platform. So you could get the engine, drivetrain, rear subframe and different body panels and convert it. Therefore you would have one of the only ST-205 Celica All tracs in North America. Its a hell of a lot of work, but it "can" be done. And just when you think it can't get any better. You might think, well, where the hell am I going to find a written off ST205 in Japan to ship over here? The answer, you don't need one. The engine, as said earlier, can be sourced from an MR2 turbo, while the drivetrain and rear subframe can all be taken from a 4WD Toyota Rav4. Go figure!
for the most part you are right... however swapping in the mr2 engine is a pain in the ass cause certain things are different for example the alternator is on the otherside... but it CAN be done like you said...

Quote:

Originally posted by MajorBludd
SR block owns ! :D

i had to throw that in :p

meh the three major four cylenders all have very similar power potential on stock componants

MidnightMechanic 12-27-2003 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GT-Four
for the most part you are right... however swapping in the mr2 engine is a pain in the ass cause certain things are different for example the alternator is on the otherside... but it CAN be done like you said...
If I was in that deep, fabbing an alternator bracket would be the LEAST of my worries. ;)

Timpo 12-27-2003 08:49 PM

so the Celica GT-Four has the exact same drivetrain as 4WD RAV4?