REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 05-17-2004, 02:13 PM   #26
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally posted by Perfect_ESL
by the way, 4dsc what color car do you have
Silver. The easiest colour to maintain and give the illusion that it looks good, but also the least rewarding colour to detail. I hate it.
Advertisement
4DSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 02:08 PM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

I'm not sure if this is out of line onthis thread, but where do you guys buy all of these fancy things? Microfibre towels, claybars, water blades and whatnot. I've got a few days off work coming up and I'd really like to spend a few hours detailing the new 'lude.
Jomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:35 AM   #28
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
i got the day off and decided to wax my car.. was going to use my megauirs yellow tech wax which but i decided to give the megauirs nxt sample i got from SCN a shot.. first impression.. applying was very similar to gold class.. i liked the smell of it lol... buffing the wax off wasnt as "easy" as megauirs claims the wax to be "easiest wax apply and remove". not really... it was harder to buff off than i thought... and pretty much almost the same as the gold class which takes me about 2 decent sized terry towels to get all the residue off the car.. not a big deal..

conclusion: i cahnged my mind.. after using nxt again i must say it is easy to wipe off.. i might have used a bit too much than i needed the firs ttime which made me think it was a bit tough to get off.. but this wax is good.. if durability is better than the gold class, then its well worth the 30 bucks a bottle.. and heck you get a bit more in each bottle than the gold class

Last edited by Spidey; 07-13-2004 at 09:12 AM.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:59 PM   #29
Need to Seek Professional Help

are you talking the same Meguiar's yellow wax i am using?

it has a number 26 on the bottle?

because this one it is really easy to use! i dont have any problem with my SUV and i use it all the time, sometimes i wax the whole suv and wipe it out with only one towel

when you apply it is the key, make sure you have enough and the sponge or towel should be a little bit wet, NOT DRY

also ALWAYS APPLY WAX TO COLD PAINT!!!!!!!!!
dont be stupid to apply it under hot sunny day
because the wax drys up too quick then it will be harder to buff off
also do it by section, start with hood and front fenders, buff off
then move to side doors , buff off
section by section

i love the Meguiar's yellow wax number 26 !!!!!!
easy to apply and easy to take off
best thing when watching the rain water runs off the hood
or water damage iphone 4s as long as the price is right

Buy/Sell Ratings highlander711(7-0-0)
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...hreadid=345463
Highlander711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:10 AM   #30
RS Veteran

like i said on the other post.. what other waxes have you tried? compared to paste yellow wax is easy(any liquid is easy compared to paste) since paste is mainly meant for machine waxing.. i never said it was hard to use.. if you read my comment im talking about the nxt wax... not yellow tech.. but the yellow tech after using the nxt again i must conclude that the nxt is the easiest to apply and buff off.. then its gold class.. then yellow tech in the order of easiest to hardest of the 3 waxes.. if you use nxt or gold class you will know what i mean when i say easiest to hardest... no wax is "hard" to use some just buff off and apply easier
Old 07-25-2004, 12:21 PM   #31
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I just finished washing and waxing the car this morning. I used the mothers california car wash, nothing special there. Dried the car with my trusty sheep skin chamois and tried out a new wax. Meguiers # 26 (bottle). I have to say I'm not impressed. My paint is in great shape and I really didn't notice too much of an improvment with this wax. It is VERY easy to use however, but I'm goin back to my Zymol.

FWIW, One coat of Zymol (bottle) looks deeper and darker than 5 of the #26. My car is Red BTW.

Last edited by soup; 07-25-2004 at 06:34 PM.
soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 03:52 PM   #32
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Why would you expect wax to change the look of your paint anyway? It's only meant to protect it, not add shine or anything else
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 06:16 PM   #33
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Hmmm, am I delving into the mix up of polish and wax? The Zymol I was using previously states that it's a cleaner wax (I assume that most liquid waxes out there are cleaners). When using the Zymol I can definetly tell a difference between sections I have waxed and those that are not. It makes the paint look deeper and more glossy than the # 26 did.

Not looking for trouble Pupp, you can put the gloves back down, I'm just giving my opinions on the product. The #26 says that it's a high gloss paint protection wax, seems more just like a protector that's all I'm saying. I'll just be using the Zymol first and this on top maybe.

I'm just starting to delve into your crazy world of car care.

Last edited by soup; 07-25-2004 at 06:33 PM.
soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 11:50 AM   #34

It is possible that the Zymol wax, as an "all in one" product, has gloss enhancing products in it, so that it pre-cleans, kinda-sorta glazes the surface, and waxes it all in one. Just a GUESS though... Several other high end waxes try to do this as well, and they tend to look great but not last very long.

#26 is more impressive if used in conjunction with other, separate products, which is partially why it is sold under the Mirror Glaze "professional" line, and not the consumer line. It really should be used on a surface that has been polished with some other product first. If you don't wax on a regular basis or frequently enough, then the reason why the Zymol looks better could be because of its cleaning action.

If you are not a car care fanatic and are willing to use #26 with the other products that should be used to get best results with it, then the Zymol is actually probably a better wax for you. Waxes like that are designed for easy, simple, one-step use for the average car owner.

#26 is a more durable wax if used correctly however.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:03 AM   #35
Need to Seek Professional Help

yeah that is true

#26 is more for professional use
it is to protect the paint than improve the shine of the paint
if you want shine
you have to use the #7 show room shine first
then apply the #26
i tried the #7 but i cant tell the difference
because first my SUV paint is still very new with all the waxing i have been doing
second it is metalic silver
doesnt shine as the other colors like black, red or green
but it is the best color if it is dirty

if i have time i will try with my sister black SUV
that will tell me the difference
i will use one side with just #26
and the other side with #7 + #26
or water damage iphone 4s as long as the price is right

Buy/Sell Ratings highlander711(7-0-0)
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...hreadid=345463
Highlander711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 07:14 PM   #36
RS Veteran

wax makes my paint look shinier.. it has stuff in it that also replenishes the oils in yoru paint so it adds some shine esp if your paint is dull.. but there are a lto of cleaner waxes tht do the job of both wax and polishes
Old 08-26-2004, 08:42 AM   #37

I hate to say this, but paint doesn't have any oils in it. You can add oils to the surface of the paint when you wax or polish, but paint doesn't dry out or need oil replenishment.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:14 PM   #38
My homepage has been set to RS

This review is for Meguiar's Hot Shine Tire Spray

BEST tire spray Ive ever used. BY FAR. This spray makes your tires look the wettest and slickest and it lasts LONG! I sprayed it over a week ago and it still looks shiney. Definately one of the best tire sprays Ive used. In the pasy Ive used Simonez and Black Magic. THIS STUFF IS GOOD
Old 08-27-2005, 01:20 PM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally posted by jonny123
This review is for Meguiar's Hot Shine Tire Spray

BEST tire spray Ive ever used. BY FAR. This spray makes your tires look the wettest and slickest and it lasts LONG! I sprayed it over a week ago and it still looks shiney. Definately one of the best tire sprays Ive used. In the pasy Ive used Simonez and Black Magic. THIS STUFF IS GOOD
Downside: If you apply too much, this stuff will spit black all over the side of your ride.
Jomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:26 AM   #40
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jomo
Downside: If you apply too much, this stuff will spit black all over the side of your ride.

LOL.. so true. One of our customers LOVES the stuff and applies it to his truck often. Everytime he comes in it's ALL over his car.. hehehehehehe He likes the wheel to look soaked..

If you don't really like the "wet" look, we use Auto Magic Clear Shine and it gives a matt finish. And also last for a very long time on the tire.

Both good products.

...... A Passion for Cars ......
DowntownAutoSpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:52 AM   #41
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I often had trouble finding a good polish to do all four of my polished aluminum wheels until i got Autosol. I bought it at lordco for about 8 bucks. Used it on all four rims and they shined like brand new. I highly recommend them to anyone with polished wheels. A++
rsuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #42
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

+1 for Mequires Nxt Gen Tech wax

although for mine it was applied right after a deoxidation cut polish, I still noticed a difference before and after it was applied

and Mequires all Metal polish (not the NXT Gen stuff.. this stuff is a typical paste, cleaner, polish, protectant) ... MY GOD.. I thought I was gonna have to pull my billets off and machine polish them (they seriously haven't been touched in 6+ years)

after a good wash we did a quick polish with this stuff.. it cleaned ALOT of crap I thought was baked/caked permenately onto the rim right off.. and awesome shine... not perfect yet but mind you we only spent like 20 mins per wheel max

not only did it work great on the billet.. worked awesome on the chrome too.. even took a fair bit of surface rust off ...

highly recommend both products..
Old 05-11-2007, 06:40 PM   #43

I really have to try some of that metal polish stuff on my tail pipe, what did you use to apply them?
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:18 PM   #44

just use a cotton towel I beleive that's all it asks for

the tech wax comes with an applicator pad.. then you wipe it off with a cotton towel.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:51 PM   #45
jjl
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I find NXT wax a decent product, but not worth the price sold at Canadian Tire ($30-35). Walmart has it for $25, but still not cheap. In the States, Walmart was selling an entire meg kit which included this thing for MUCH less than 25$.

It claims to remove swirl marks but I have very minor spider webbing which it didn't do much to. On the other hand it gives a nice shine and the durability lasts 1-1.5 months (I wash my car almost every week though). Don't think I've even used quarter of my bottle after 6-7 applications. Unfortunately I'm going to try out some Zaino this summer. From what I hear NXT doesn't layer, and for someone like me who loves to wax, Zaino sounds like the perfect thing.

Overall in any general store with an automotive section, Meg's NXT is probably your best bet unless you go to a detailer.

Edit*
Wanted to add a little review on 303 Aerospace protectant.

This is by far one of my favourite products for detailing the interior. It works like magic on many types of surfaces and doesn't leave a glossy finish, unless you apply it excessively. Applied in a car with lots of dark trim, your car will look brand new again. I also use this in the house too. You can find it at your Canadian Tire for $14, but get it when it goes on discount for half price!
One thing I advise against is using these on tires. It mentions it can be applied on tires but it probably won't even last one rain trip.

Last edited by jjl; 04-03-2008 at 04:57 PM.
jjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:20 AM   #46
Banned (ABWS)

Just tried the Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash. For the past year I just used some crappy Rain-X car wash that was 1L for $2.99 from Wal-Mart. I never really payed attention to washing cars, I thought just get the soap off and leave it. After looking for a better product, I got the Gold Class a few days ago and washed all three cars and damn! They're amazingly clean. It leaves a good shine on the paint. I just gotta clay-bar them now. The Gold Class car wash is VERY VERY thick! One dip with your sheep-skin mitt and you can do almost half the car, although I don't but it is possible!

For a local product, this is probably the only thing I'll use unless I get some Poor-Boys stuff
BrendanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #47
How I Mod your mother

Just tried Optimum No rinse for the first time tonight in my garage

Due to poor lighting, the wash wasnt as thorough as I would have liked it to be, but damn this stuff is good! I was really skeptical about washing the dirt off my car without pre-soaking, but this stuff totally works

I've got some after pics of the car, but theyre kinda dark and sectional shots only to show the shine. If anyone wants to have a look, I can upload them
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:32 PM   #48
Banned (ABWS)

I wanna look, so everything went pretty well with the ONR?
Whered you pick it up from?
BrendanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:17 PM   #49
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

^+1
bikerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:28 PM   #50
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

its available on eshine.
eFx[A2C] is offline   Reply With Quote