REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-07-2004, 12:26 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Good place to take drivers test?

I was curious to find out if any of you could recommend a good place to take a driving test, and by good I mean an area that isn't too crazy and a motor vehicle branch that has nice instructors/testers who won't crucify you for not doing things perfect and that can understand the stress and maybe some leadway.

I have heard that Langley has some rather unfair testers and it is hard to pass there, but I have also heard that Chilliwack is quite easy. But I have been to parts of Chilliwack and some of that area is extremely busy, as so is the Abbotsford vehicle branch area.

Suggestions and experiances would be wonderful, may I also mention that I have a manual transmission car and I knonw some testers can be quite picky about that.. and I wish not to drive any other car because I know mine best. Thank-you in advance.
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2004, 01:25 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

richmond was pretty easy
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:33 PM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

If you know how to drive properly, then it won't be an issue.

No matter where you go, you might get a dickhead. I lived on the North Shore when I got my license... I passed fine, but I had tons of experience behind the wheel.

Just don't forget to stop before the sidewalk and check for pedestrians I forgot that and lost 5 points

...j
Old 09-07-2004, 02:33 PM   #4
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

burnaby's tricky. i took all my tests there. i think i could've failed my class 5 there cause i didn't see the 30zone right by moscrop / willingdon, but my instructor was cool about it.

it's whether or not the routes are easy / more difficult but rather how well you know the area cause some parts can be pretty tricky. just practice a bit in the area first.

overall i think if they feel that you're a safe driver, they'll pass you, so don't be nervous.. just talk to em and yah.
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:37 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Coquitlam is pretty easy....My instructor was pretty nice too, it was dennis i think, tall with grey hair. I heard the fat lady is a bitch so try to avoid her if you go there
Old 09-07-2004, 02:48 PM   #6
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Go to any testing location, wait in the parking lot... when someone's coming out to take the test, follow them and copy everything they do exactly, remember the route and keep practicing it. Might want to follow a few different instructors as they may take different routes. That's how I passed my test, 5 demerits cuz I stopped to far past a stop sign.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:52 PM   #7
I STILL don't get it

to see any difference you'd have to go to like Hope or something, pretend you live there then in a couple months get ur address changed to your real address...

Other than that, the whole lower mainland through till abbotsford is probably all the same.
Bobby Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:50 PM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally posted by jlenko

No matter where you go, you might get a dickhead. I lived on the North Shore when I got my license... I passed fine, but I had tons of experience behind the wheel.

Just don't forget to stop before the sidewalk and check for pedestrians I forgot that and lost 5 points

...j
agreed. if you can drive, then locations wouldnt even matter.

i took both my class 7 and 5 in surrey(from what i heard was one of the hardest places to pass??) and passed both on the first try. was quite confused to waht my friends and other people were saying.

first time out i got a lady, pretty strict. was also very hard for me cuz it was my first test. class 5 was even easier than the 7, just spoke to the instuctor and drove a bit more cautiosly that normal.

AKA >>> 9!.t3g

pharma_joe@hotmail.com

-Joel
JN06300T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 04:21 PM   #9
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jlenko
w3rd.

To add, after you pass the test in Abby, what are you going to do? Only drive in that neighborhood? What's the point of taking an "easy test" if passing a proper one benefits everyone on the road, including yourself?

What I'm saying is, if you cheat the test, you cheat yourself and put all of us at risk.

I took my test near Broadway and Commercial, back in the day - by far, the hardest place to take a road test. 2 dimerits for not having my hand at 12 o'clock while doing a straight backup, that's it.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 09-07-2004 at 04:27 PM.
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 06:03 PM   #10
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I thank you all for your responses and input. I also rather thought that since there are basic rules of the road that it should be the same every where but I thought I should check incase some areas have rather anal testers, as well some areas may be differant because despite there being a large number of bad drivers on the road I had hoped a more calm area would be a bit easier since it would hopefully have less traffic and thus a lesser chance of some one else interfering with the test.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:54 PM   #11
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

i think richmond is the easiest, while point grey is the hardest
Old 09-16-2004, 10:10 PM   #12
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by keitaro
i think richmond is the easiest, while point grey is the hardest
Actually I took my N road test in Point Grey and I found it quite easy.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 07:59 PM   #13
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

if u like to drive or want to drive! every where is easy! IMO
Old 06-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #14
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy

Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
any tips for the test?
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:00 PM   #15
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
going 60 or 65km is okay when theres other cars beside you. if you need to pass someone you can go up to 70km but no more. if you see someone jay walking or at the pedestrian cross walk, you have to honk, so they acknowledge you and then one way or another motion them to cross with your hand. if you're on the right lane and theres a person on his bicycle, try to pass them because they'll slow you down. its okay to turn right on red lights as long as its safe, no need to stop. theres more but if you do the steps above you should pass
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2010, 10:32 PM   #16
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin7352 View Post
any tips for the test?
if the examiner tells u to turn off of a main street into a smaller side street, it's a good bet that there will be a school zone or park near by, and in my case (richmond) the yellow sign was pretty dam hidden, but lucky i got a glimpse of it just as i drove by so i slowed down in time.

oh and also the time of the day is really really important, my N road test was at 10am and the streets were pretty clear, my class 5 road test was at 1pm on a friday and it "wasn't" bad, but every left turn i had to make id encountered a hugh truck turning left also which blocks my view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #17
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
I took my test in Richmond. Having lived in richmond for pretty much all my life, I knew where all the school zones, hidden crosswalks etc... were. It also helped that my exam route was right in the area of my grandparents' home, which I visited on a VERY regular basis.

Oh yeah, if it makes any difference, Richmond streets are generally much wider and of course - no hills

Class 5 was a breeze for me, the N was a bit more difficult (they are more anal about the 360 checks and stuff on the N, and more on "smooth operation" with the class 5)
Old 06-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #18
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
When you stop at a street and you both ways before going, exaggerate the head turning left and right so the examiner knows you are looking both ways. This is especially important on a class 6 test, but still important in a class 5 test too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:25 PM   #19
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
burnaby is definately one of the tricky ones...tons of school zones...lots of hills..i would advise not to go over speed limit as someone else suggested...my dickhead examiner during class 5 called me out on doing 34 in a 30 zone.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:38 PM   #20
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
i'd say richmond, but i took my test in richmond so i wouldn't really know about anywhere else
given the terrain and etc. in richmond though, it does seem the easiest
pretty sure it's the hardest place to get a road test booking though

like mentioned ^, don't go anymore then 1-2 km over the speed limit, and don't go any less then 1-2km under the speed limit. don't keep up with traffic, cause people are usually going 60 in 50 zones.

like mentioned by a lot of other people though, if you know how to drive/pass a test in general, the area shouldn't be much concern
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:41 PM   #21
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
going 60 or 65km is okay when theres other cars beside you. if you need to pass someone you can go up to 70km but no more. if you see someone jay walking or at the pedestrian cross walk, you have to honk, so they acknowledge you and then one way or another motion them to cross with your hand. if you're on the right lane and theres a person on his bicycle, try to pass them because they'll slow you down. its okay to turn right on red lights as long as its safe, no need to stop. theres more but if you do the steps above you should pass

just pretend you never read this post, Dietrich.

I have no clue how this guy passed his drivers test.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:50 PM   #22
-Stare-

Thanked 8,013 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
burnaby is definately one of the tricky ones...tons of school zones...lots of hills..i would advise not to go over speed limit as someone else suggested...my dickhead examiner during class 5 called me out on doing 34 in a 30 zone.
i did mine just last month.
failed due for driving too slow
ShadowBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:51 PM   #23
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
book an exam time on a weekend morning, preferably saturday, so there's less drivers on the road that will affect you.
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:56 PM   #24
Banned (ABWS)

i recommend richmond because people are more lenient when u have to change lanes at 50km/hr when everybody else is going 70km/h
fishing666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #25
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts
The area wouldnt really matter, it really depends on the examiner. Some examiners are down right douchebags. How so? I know of a certain examiner at the Richmond office who is known to force you to make a left turn for example when you're driving in the right lane, exactly at the last second before the light. Things like these occur by chance I guess.

Terrain wise, Richmond will be the easiest. No hills, wide lanes and all, no tricky looking intersections.

It's best to get an instructor to teach you the test roads because they know the routes the examiner will take you during the road test. By then you should memorize all the school zones and what not.

And the only time you're allowed to go 10km/h over the speed limit is when you're going off a highway ramp. Notice the signs will say 50km max but in yellow. You will not be deducted points for this if you were going at 60km/h.

Hope this helps, good luck
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote