REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-21-2010, 12:17 AM   #26
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 6,994 Times in 1,884 Posts
I heard Surrey has tons of strict examiners and I unfortunately got to experience it. Went to Langley for my 2nd attempt and was much luckier.
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:58 AM   #27
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
I heard Surrey has tons of strict examiners and I unfortunately got to experience it. Went to Langley for my 2nd attempt and was much luckier.
I would rather rely being good than lucky.

Wouldn't want to bet my life along with the lives of other people based on being "lucky".

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:16 AM   #28
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
here's the route i took for my class 5 on june 4th

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...,0.027874&z=16

hope its not confusing, as google maps kept on fking up the drawing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:20 AM   #29
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Last time I had my Class 5 test, apparently it was the instructor's first day. I had him keep talking about his past life and he didn't notice me a few times when I went over the speed limit by like 5km/hr.
PDA_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:01 AM   #30
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Won't really matter which location you go to. All of them will have "easy" and "strict" examiners, although they're supposed to have a consistent standard for evaluation.

Class 5 is a joke. They're simply looking to ensure you haven't picked up any bad habits over the past two years. Keep two hands on the wheel, don't go more than 10km/hr over the posted speed limit, shoulder check on lane changes and right turns. Just don't do anything dangerous or blatantly incorrect and you'll pass.

Class 7 is a bit tougher, mostly because of the parking. Reverse parking in a tightly spaced lot can be tough, especially when you only get one shot. It's been a while since I took my class 7 road test (7 years, yikes) and I've heard they've loosened the standards a bit, but I'd practice parallel and reverse parking before this one.

IIRC, they're supposed to deduct marks if you drive more than 10% above or below the posted speed limit. That means if it's a 50km/hr zone, stay between 45 and 55. I'm sure they'll give you a bit of leniency if you go outside that range for a few seconds, but if you continually drive too fast or too slow they'll probably deduct a mark. If the traffic around you is flying past, don't be afraid to stay in the 50-55 range. It's dangerous to drive below the limit because it angers other drivers... the examiners are well aware of this.

BTW, watch out for school and construction zones. My examiner purposely took me through a school zone to make sure I dropped my speed to 30km/hr. Also, be sure to stop AT the line when you approach a stop sign. Once you've made a complete stop you can begin creeping forward to get a better view or to continue through the intersection.

Again, this was a while ago, but when I took the class 7 road test, you were allowed to have three "points" deducted and still pass the test. Things that they would deduct marks for could include failing to shoulder check, failing to signal for a turn, or having to make 2 attempts when reverse stall parking. Beyond 3 errors in the test and they'd have to fail you. Of course, any type of dangerous maneuver will result in an immediate fail, so don't think you can make three massive fuckups and still pass.

I'm not an examiner obviously, but if I were I think I'd probably be most likely to pass the students who appeared calm, confident, and smooth. Avoid jerky acceleration/braking/turning and remain calm at all times and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Last edited by Amaru; 06-21-2010 at 03:09 AM.
Amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #31
RS controls my life!

took both of my N and Class 5 road test in the North Burnaby one. i passed both of them on a single try. mind you i practiced a lot.
josel_atr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:16 AM   #32
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOX View Post
The area wouldnt really matter, it really depends on the examiner. Some examiners are down right douchebags. How so? I know of a certain examiner at the Richmond office who is known to force you to make a left turn for example when you're driving in the right lane, exactly at the last second before the light. Things like these occur by chance I guess.
If this were the case, I would tell the instructor that due to my lack of driving experience I did not feel comfortable making such a quick turn, and loop around the block so I could make it in a safe manner.
_Hotsauce_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #33
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Can someone tell me, I still have my N and I can do my exam anytime after Aug 7. But the problem is my license expires on July 22. Do i have to renew my License in July and again in August? Thats gay if I have to spend over $150 in license renewals...

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:48 AM   #34
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
the new icbc center in poco seems pretty descent
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:04 AM   #35
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
When you stop at a street and you both ways before going, exaggerate the head turning left and right so the examiner knows you are looking both ways. This is especially important on a class 6 test, but still important in a class 5 test too.
That shit happened when I took my Class 3 in Bby. I don't move my head a lot when I check my mirrors so the tester said I wasn't checking often enough. I asked if she was looking at my head or my eyes (yes, I was being a dick) and she started paying closer attention.

I was annoyed with her because she was testing for Class 1 and 3, yet she had never driven anything bigger than a pickup. Ended up getting 2 or 3 demerits for not verbalizing a couple of things I checked on my pre-trip.

BTW damn, this thread is old....lol

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:19 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-88 View Post
Can someone tell me, I still have my N and I can do my exam anytime after Aug 7. But the problem is my license expires on July 22. Do i have to renew my License in July and again in August? Thats gay if I have to spend over $150 in license renewals...
yes u have to renew first, and the shittest thing is ur after u renew and take ur class 5, ur class 5 license will say DUPL on the back.
Quote:
Quote:
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:55 AM   #37
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I'd suggest the motor vehicle branch. Or, if you're looking for something different, anywhere it Italy is fine.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #38
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

i hope these recommendations are just for discussion and not for the OP. if the OP has not passed in 6 years, there's no hope. lol.

anyways. i did my class 7 in richmond and class 5 in point grey. it doesn't really matter which one you go to as long as you can drive properly.
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #39
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthFighter View Post
i hope these recommendations are just for discussion and not for the OP. if the OP has not passed in 6 years, there's no hope. lol.

anyways. i did my class 7 in richmond and class 5 in point grey. it doesn't really matter which one you go to as long as you can drive properly.
People naturally use the search option and find relevant threads - which is a lot better than creating a new thread - and posts new/more recent updates.

I would much rather people just bump old threads with new questions than create an entirely new thread like the discussion has never existed before.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:40 PM   #40
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
i took mine in N.Van, used to live there..

i did it when there was still snow back in '96... didnt even take more then 10mins... haha...
all i did was drove, make a few turns, P Park and stall parking and thats all..
Old 06-21-2010, 10:04 PM   #41
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by illicitstylz View Post
book an exam time on a weekend morning, preferably saturday, so there's less drivers on the road that will affect you.
nah sign up for 330pm...sit in the traffic and kill time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOX View Post
Some examiners are down right douchebags. How so? I know of a certain examiner at the Richmond office who is known to force you to make a left turn for example when you're driving in the right lane, exactly at the last second before the light. Things like these occur by chance I guess.
i was told examiners can't intentionally trick you into doing unlawful actions.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:11 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
nah sign up for 330pm...sit in the traffic and kill time.

uh ya ur exam will just stretch out until the route is complete.

i was told examiners can't intentionally trick you into doing unlawful actions.
technically the examiner isnt tricking u into anything.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-22-2010, 12:50 AM   #43
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djiban View Post
Coquitlam is pretty easy....My instructor was pretty nice too, it was dennis i think, tall with grey hair. I heard the fat lady is a bitch so try to avoid her if you go there
oh man
shes a SUPER bitch

but anyways i think its all the same-ish, no matter where you go.
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote