REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   CBR 600RR vs R6 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/301432-cbr-600rr-vs-r6.html)

Irish_R6 06-13-2005 05:39 PM

lol true....but i just didn't know where to look...i was lookin in the Buy and Sell but they didn't have alot of real cheapies

2turboz 06-13-2005 08:54 PM

bike=not cheap no matter what you are going to buy

define "cheap" it might help us to point out bikes if we know a price range, i know there are alot on www.bcsportbikes.com all the time!

RRxtar 06-13-2005 11:41 PM

one difference between the RR and R6 is the RR burns alot more gas when you get on it.

on one of our last rides we had an 03 RR, 04 RR, 04 R6, 05 R6 with a power commander, my 99 F4, and an F3. both RRs burned around $10 while the rest of us were between $7 and $7.50 at the first gas stop.

silvia 06-14-2005 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DA_TEG
one difference between the RR and R6 is the RR burns alot more gas when you get on it.

on one of our last rides we had an 03 RR, 04 RR, 04 R6, 05 R6 with a power commander, my 99 F4, and an F3. both RRs burned around $10 while the rest of us were between $7 and $7.50 at the first gas stop.

id bet money that was just the riders fault.

2turboz 06-14-2005 10:10 AM

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=49041

first page 89 cbr for $2500

down_hill_dog 06-17-2005 07:39 AM

when your spending that little on gas it really should'nt matter if your spending $7 or $10

Buy all your gear first... THEN go to school and learn properly... THEN with whatever you have left, buy a bike.

a late 90's gixxer CBR R6 or even a ninja will be more than enough bike if your just learning.

We have a squid here in town that bought a brand new 04, R6. and could'nt afford gear.. he rips around wearing an old shitty second hand helmet, 1980's leather jacket and gloves. sporting jeans and skate shoes. he looks like a fucking loser riding a new bike.

RRxtar 06-17-2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by silvia
id bet money that was just the riders fault.
it happens nearly every ride, even with more RRs and more R6s the RRs always get significantly worse gas milange than everyone else

Gh0stRider 07-07-2005 05:23 PM

go wif da yammy R6 !

BurnSomeCds 01-26-2007 01:12 PM

Azn Angel..totally agree with your thoughts of advice. Altho do rem, you and I know these 'cuz we've done the rookie thing. Altho I didn't have good ppl like you giving me these advices when I first started, but I think I would've had to experience it before I know exactly what ur talking about.
Gear is first for'semost important. I crashed at 150km, when my front wheel didn't come down str8 from a wheely, and I regret nothing buying a shoei RF1000 for like $900. Only thing keeping here, (and possibly some supernatural force) to chat in this forum. Irish...he is right, U will drop the bike FOSHO!!! And you will do it when there are many ppl around seeing it! I've had both bikes...both '03.

my views - CBR600RR - heavier feel, steadier control, looks great, seat is hard as crap, trying to do a wheely is fuking even harder. (race designed so to keep u on the pavement.)
YamahaR6 - Easy as fuk to do a wheely, lighter steering (front wheel is thinner...check stats), seat is oh so cushiony nice, no gas level gauge, if it's blue...u must be a vietnamese (ahah).
Good luck riding!

RRxtar 01-30-2007 11:02 PM

bringin it back from the dead eh?

both the RR and the R6 are all new bikes from when this post was created.

Warp9Racing 02-01-2007 06:51 PM

depends on what yr r6 your comparing and to what rr....never the less i say YAMAHA!

paul_steph 02-03-2007 05:24 PM

yamaha all the way...ive had a honda 600 f4, and now i have a 2006 R6, i love the bike, my buddie has a 2006 cbr 600rr and i took it for a little ride and i wasnt impressed with the aceleration, and if u want a new bike buy one there way better. dont someone talk u into a shitty old bike thats gay lol, and for a school there all pretty much the same some people on here take things way to far, if u pas u pass u dont u dont so try again and all u need is a decent jacket u can get one at around 200 even cheeper if u get a used one, helmet icon makes some good cheep ones and if u get a new bike chancers are u can get one thrown in any ways thats all i have to say...........so many haters lol

willyb 02-03-2007 05:49 PM

Go for the honda... Its easier to ride...

Spartacus 02-04-2007 05:06 PM

WHAT ABOUT GIXXERS?!!?!??! Its so damn sexy. Are there any known problems that comes with it?

Luce 02-13-2007 12:09 AM

I bought a 600 (05 RR) as my first bike, went through my first full season without dropping it once...as well, you could easily be in your third season with a nicer bike, rush a parking job or pulling out and drop your bike...although I agree that it is more likely to occur in your first season!

what I would urge you is to NOT GO CHEAP on lessons, I attended pacific and it was great ($600 + tax from what I recall).

I would argue that most ppl who purchase bikes want to look good amongst other reasons...anyone who sais otherwise is not being honest, so in that respect it is hard to try to convince someone to buy a used/old 250 or whatever...it was for me anyways...+ I'm not big on buying and selling to only re-buy what I originally wanted.

The key is to ride safe, not jump lanes, not ride in the bike lane or cut between cars, use what you learn such as lane position and defensive riding, not try the sea to sky following your first month, and practicing everyday, ride within ur means and so on...

check out bcsporbikes.com under the new riders forum for helpful tips.

For practice I recommend taking W. 4th to the UBC highway starting in May and back to experiment with comfort in relation to speed in your first few weeks, not much traffic as school is out except for summer classes, and nice long and open roads with little or no traffic (that is if you live on the W. side).

GSX-Rs are sexy, my buddy and I swap once in a while!!!

la.reina 02-13-2007 06:12 PM

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned www.islandriders.ca yet. It's a very local community of most riders on the island, some from Vancouver, and so on. Once I joined, I almost forgot about revscene completely.

Anyway, what azn angel said couldn't be more true. It goes like this: gear, lessons, bike. I got fairly decent gear, good lessons (which I passed with almost flying colours) and an average conditioned Ninja 250, which I crashed my first day riding. You'll be glad you didn't go all-out on your first bike when you have a few tips and spills.

IceyHot 04-09-2007 12:36 AM

If you do some research you'll know that the 2007 600RR has been redesigned and I personally think it's the better bike between the two.

impactX 04-09-2007 03:28 PM

If you look at the date, you'd realize that Irish_R6 was not a fortune teller two years ago.

IceyHot 04-17-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by impactX
If you look at the date, you'd realize that Irish_R6 was not a fortune teller two years ago.
Fortune telling pwns.

Paparossi 05-03-2007 09:32 PM

The new sport rider mag has a pretty good 600 shootout if you want to see just how good the RR really is. Seems like every magazine and internet article i've read lately puts the Honda on a pedestal for street ridability as well.

IceyHot 05-04-2007 08:32 AM

Personally I'd like to see my self master this little 125 and move up to a Gixxer 750 and get the best of both worlds. The 750 is also only $13k and most of the 600's are $12-12.5k.

Ulic Qel-Droma 05-08-2007 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by IceyHot
Personally I'd like to see my self master this little 125 and move up to a Gixxer 750 and get the best of both worlds. The 750 is also only $13k and most of the 600's are $12-12.5k.
hey i thought of the exact same thing yesterday.

125, then move up to the gixxer 750

AWDTALON300 06-01-2007 11:38 AM

Power Commander

Quote:

Originally posted by DA_TEG
it happens nearly every ride, even with more RRs and more R6s the RRs always get significantly worse gas milange than everyone else
That can easily be fixed with a power commander.....I got little more power on my CBR1000RR with the power commander and got 1.5L - 2L/100km better mileage.....Hondas just run pig rich from the factory.

RRxtar 06-06-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AWDTALON300
That can easily be fixed with a power commander.....I got little more power on my CBR1000RR with the power commander and got 1.5L - 2L/100km better mileage.....Hondas just run pig rich from the factory.
indeed. most custom maps lean out all across the board. PC3 is next on my list

MotoGP 08-07-2007 05:05 PM

Yamaha YZF-R6! ftw =) also because valentino rossi rides with yamaha