REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   CBR 600RR vs R6 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/301432-cbr-600rr-vs-r6.html)

NaVBoss 05-10-2008 10:39 AM

both is good .

s13_drifter 06-28-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luce (Post 5049299)
I bought a 600 (05 RR) as my first bike, went through my first full season without dropping it once...as well, you could easily be in your third season with a nicer bike, rush a parking job or pulling out and drop your bike...although I agree that it is more likely to occur in your first season!

what I would urge you is to NOT GO CHEAP on lessons, I attended pacific and it was great ($600 + tax from what I recall).

I would argue that most ppl who purchase bikes want to look good amongst other reasons...anyone who sais otherwise is not being honest, so in that respect it is hard to try to convince someone to buy a used/old 250 or whatever...it was for me anyways...+ I'm not big on buying and selling to only re-buy what I originally wanted.

The key is to ride safe, not jump lanes, not ride in the bike lane or cut between cars, use what you learn such as lane position and defensive riding, not try the sea to sky following your first month, and practicing everyday, ride within ur means and so on...

check out bcsporbikes.com under the new riders forum for helpful tips.

For practice I recommend taking W. 4th to the UBC highway starting in May and back to experiment with comfort in relation to speed in your first few weeks, not much traffic as school is out except for summer classes, and nice long and open roads with little or no traffic (that is if you live on the W. side).

GSX-Rs are sexy, my buddy and I swap once in a while!!!

I went to Pacific too. It was totally worth it. Take a look at Luce's pi avatar... it means alot when you're riding.

WHEYsted 06-28-2009 09:55 PM

Why are you asking when your name clearly says R6.

6thGear. 06-29-2009 05:56 PM

Better yet, why would a 4 yr old thread get bumped?

s13_drifter 06-30-2009 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6thGear. (Post 6487362)
Better yet, why would a 4 yr old thread get bumped?

That's how bored I was.. haha!

Guy_LikeWhoa 06-30-2009 04:20 PM

I wonder if buddy ended up buying a bike.

gsxr7 11-05-2010 01:34 PM

iv rode both and like them both.600s are all good ,for most riders our skills arent good enough to wring out every drop of what they have to offer.try and ride both if possible b4 u buy.but either is a wicked first bike.

busdriverman 02-27-2011 11:04 PM

i would say the same thing as most others already have

take a ride on each one if you have your license. i personally (biased) like CBR's because of the undertail exhaust

Midnitez 04-27-2011 01:37 AM

honda's more forgiving imo... for street i'd choose the honda, for track i'd prolly take the R6...

u gotta hit redline to reach your max HP on the yammy..... which is not that often at all on the roads......

d00zie 04-30-2011 08:30 AM

both are good for sure! i'd take my RR over any yammy though. All comes down to personal preference. Im not a big guy and can throw the new style 600rr around no problem, its significantly lighter than any other 600 in its class. The 600rr was made for the track, not comfort like the R6......

CharlieH 04-30-2011 11:06 AM

^ r6s feel more uncomfortable than RRs imo. the seating position feels awkward as hell when you're not tucked in. i find that gixxers are by far the most comfy.

eurochevy 04-30-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieH (Post 7414870)
^ r6s feel more uncomfortable than RRs imo. the seating position feels awkward as hell when you're not tucked in. i find that gixxers are by far the most comfy.

^this charlie, but the 6 is nimbler than the rr, rr's are very good for all around every day stuff though if i was just going here to there i'd have an rr or the gixxer for the comfort...its hard for any one thats not a track racer to come to the limit of any of the bikes any way though