REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 05-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #2201
Director of RS Cares

^10 girls and 1 guy!? WOW! LOL!

During the day, since it's your first time I'd say take in the "sites" and visit the hotels. Walk the strip and do some shopping...but then you're a guy so I don't know if shopping is somethign you'd wanna do.

Usually we go for a late lunch, go shopping and start the night early at around 4pm with some drinks. Go back to the hotel after some dinner and start getting ready.

Kitsune: my girls and I have never had to do a pre-package thing. Most likely you will get approached by promoters for free entrance and drinks. More popular clubs might make you line up (regardless of how gorgeous you are) but my trick is to get hotel concierge to reserve a spot for you and your gfs with the head promoter and they will usually take REALLY good care of you. I've done this a few times and no problems.
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #2202
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post

Kitsune: my girls and I have never had to do a pre-package thing. Most likely you will get approached by promoters for free entrance and drinks. More popular clubs might make you line up (regardless of how gorgeous you are) but my trick is to get hotel concierge to reserve a spot for you and your gfs with the head promoter and they will usually take REALLY good care of you. I've done this a few times and no problems.
Thanks miss crayon!
How do you ask the concierge? Is that applicable even though youre not a guest at that hotel?
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #2203
Cool beans bro

Thanked 1,054 Times in 231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
going to vegas 1st weekend of june
this will be my first time since im legal
what do people usually do during the day other than pool parties?
any good shows that happen in the afternoon? any shows to check out other than the cirque ones?

i'm going with 10 female friends..hoping to get free cover/drinks on the house haha
I'll be going there June 1-3rd as well. But with 3 other guys

We should totes meet
JordanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #2204
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I'm going to Vegas in July with my brother

WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET PRIME RIB?

edit:

Damn they have buffets with unlimited prime rib and lobster and filet mignon
where is the best buffet for prime rib and lobster?

Thanks!!!!!

Last edited by EndLeSS8; 05-08-2012 at 11:39 AM.
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #2205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubl3_H View Post
going in next week

still deciding if i should go here
Exotic car driving experience

anyone been?
I haven't been, but I booked that with my brother for July.
It should be epic.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #2206
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post
I'm going to Vegas in July with my brother

WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET PRIME RIB?

edit:

Damn they have buffets with unlimited prime rib and lobster and filet mignon
where is the best buffet for prime rib and lobster?

Thanks!!!!!
I've never heard someone so emphatic about asking about Prime Rib in Vegas lol.

Like you said, there are tons on ayce. I remember we went to a place with all you can eat steaks and lobster/crab. Forgot the name, pretty much forgot any minor detail when I was in vegas
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #2207
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
I've been to quite a few buffets in Vegas and I don't remember any of them serving Lobster ... Prime Rib is pretty much a given at every buffet. Planet Hollywood & Wynn have pretty good crab.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #2208
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
going to vegas 1st weekend of june
this will be my first time since im legal
what do people usually do during the day other than pool parties?
any good shows that happen in the afternoon? any shows to check out other than the cirque ones?

i'm going with 10 female friends..hoping to get free cover/drinks on the house haha

this is actually the worst situation.

your 10 female friends can't get into anywhere cause they have one guy friend following them.

and you can't get in anywhere cause you don't have enough dudes to share bottles with.

and if you do get in........ your girls are going to be getting free drinks non-stop and you'll be the first one booted out of the table

good luck lol
frost91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #2209
Director of RS Cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune View Post
Thanks miss crayon!
How do you ask the concierge? Is that applicable even though youre not a guest at that hotel?
Hmm...actually I don't really know about that one. I have asked concierge for club stuff as well as tickets for shows and never had a problem.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #2210
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost91 View Post
this is actually the worst situation.

your 10 female friends can't get into anywhere cause they have one guy friend following them.

and you can't get in anywhere cause you don't have enough dudes to share bottles with.

and if you do get in........ your girls are going to be getting free drinks non-stop and you'll be the first one booted out of the table

good luck lol
I think the opposite.... just go to any hot clubs, Marquee, Tao, etc. have your girls just hang out at the front. I couple guys will approach your girls and get them in ( as long as you have a few hotties in the group and dress to impress). You just tag along with them, your big group of girls will probably get drinks and hang out with a bunch of guys that paid for a table, you just bum drinks off them.

To get into VIP ( unless you have paid for table service) you need a higher ratio of girls to guys in your group before they will let you in. So last trip I was asking groups of girls to join up with my group. After 30 minutes, finally picked up a group of girls to join our group and got in right away.

Vegas clubbing is nothing like the clubbing scene here.... everybody is there to have fun.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #2211
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

nah, the dude is the odd one out

imagine you're paying 400+ bucks a night and the group of chicks has a dude tagging along

hes the first one i'll boot out lol
frost91 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #2212
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
I just got home after staying a week at the Hilton, for the price I was extremely pleased. I booked nearly 3 months ago, paid $510us threw Alligiant for airfare and 5 nights. I got there a few hours late, and was upgraded from a Studio Suite, to an Executive suite for free. This was my first time in Vegas, I saw Deadmau5 at te Wynn, went to XS, and Marquee. I think I slept 16 hours in 5 nights, but what a blast
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #2213

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
I've never heard someone so emphatic about asking about Prime Rib in Vegas lol.

Like you said, there are tons on ayce. I remember we went to a place with all you can eat steaks and lobster/crab. Forgot the name, pretty much forgot any minor detail when I was in vegas
The best prime rib I've had in my life is House of Prime Rib in San Francisco, the 2nd best was a random joint in Vegas. I want to go to a good place in Vegas to see how it measures up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
I've been to quite a few buffets in Vegas and I don't remember any of them serving Lobster ... Prime Rib is pretty much a given at every buffet. Planet Hollywood & Wynn have pretty good crab.
Las Vegas Top 10 Best Buffets

There are a few places with lobster buffet. I'm getting hyped up already, and it's still far away for me, hahaah.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #2214
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
The best prime rib I've had in my life is House of Prime Rib in San Francisco
DAT BLIMP OF MEAT
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #2215
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Having trouble deciding which buffet to go to! Any suggestions? Already planning on going to the Aria dinner buffet as I have a $100 credit from the hotel that needs using, but am also interested in hearing what you LV veterans have to say about the other dinner buffets, particularly at the Bellagio, Wynn, and the Spice Market bufffet at PH.

Sorry if this question has already been asked a million times, lol.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #2216

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
I had the Bellagio buffet for breakfast twice. Not only was there breakfast but dinner as well.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #2217
Ebisu Boss

Quote:
I found Endless's link to be very helpful!
I've personally been to:
#3 - The Buffet at Wynn: quite nice but a bit overpriced compared to Rio's variety, quality is slightly up a notch but barely noticeable, atmosphere is great though because it's got the whole classy "Wynn" feel to it.
#4 - Le Village Buffet in Paris: Quaint and a bit tacky decor with drapes and lots of painted walls, the crepe is the best part but nothing else really stands out.
#7 - Rio's Carnival World Buffet: Holymoly this is by far the BIGGEST buffet selection I've ever seen, the endless trays of food in the buffet line are insane! I could barely see the other end of the restaurant! Quality is decent.
#10 - Spice Market Buffet at Planet Hollywood: Best bang for your buck, the crab legs were delicious, and you can ask them to grill it for you too if you are tired of eating it cold.
Bally's (not the Sunday Sterling Brunch): Went here for lunch, standard buffet fare, pretty solid but probably wouldn't go back with so many other options around.

On my next trip down in June I will be going to:
#2 - Bellagio (Kobe beef?! ) and possibly (#5) Aria or (#9) Cosmopolitan

I can't justify paying $85 for that #1 ranked "Sterling Brunch" ... it sounds great an' all, sure you get unlimited champagne, filet mignon and caviar but champagne makes you bloated. Plus I'll probably be hungover from the night before so the last thing I need is bubbly death. Another note is that I usually can't eat that much in the morning for brunch anyway. That being said, I will give it a shot if I win a buttload of money at the tables the night before

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #2218
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frost91 View Post
nah, the dude is the odd one out

imagine you're paying 400+ bucks a night and the group of chicks has a dude tagging along

hes the first one i'll boot out lol
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #2219
-Stare-

Thanked 8,013 Times in 648 Posts
Buffet wise, I would trust US more
Las Vegas Buffet Restaurants | Urbanspoon
ShadowBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #2220
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Just checked into Aria. Did the $20 trick and got upgraded to a strip-view room. Not bad I guess, would've liked to try for something even better lol. Can't complain either way!
jing is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #2221
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,767 Times in 909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
Having trouble deciding which buffet to go to! Any suggestions? Already planning on going to the Aria dinner buffet as I have a $100 credit from the hotel that needs using, but am also interested in hearing what you LV veterans have to say about the other dinner buffets, particularly at the Bellagio, Wynn, and the Spice Market bufffet at PH.

Sorry if this question has already been asked a million times, lol.
The only thing I will say is depending on when you go you can save like $10 ish per person by going at specific times.

Example: Bellagio for example does NOT close while they switch over from Lunch > Dinner. Say for example Dinner starts at 6pm, you go at like 530pm and pay for the lunch price and head in. They are already starting to switch everything over to dinner so just sit for a moment and you'll get nothing but the dinner food but would have only paid the lunch price. Just look on their website they tell you what time lunch ends dinner starts.

Some places however do close while they switch over. Spice Market I know does the last few times I was there.

In my opinion Bellagio is my favorite, Spice Market is decent, Paris is not too bad, and Wynn is overatted imo and I don't even bother with them anymore. To each their own though I still want to try Rio's seafood one but haven't had the chance yet.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #2222
Ebisu Boss

I will be arriving in Vegas on Saturday at 1:31pm ... check-in and hit up Bellagio at 3:45pm, they switch to the deluxe Gourmet Dinner at 4:00pm
Still gotta pay for "Weekend Brunch" though ...
Bellagio Buffet Las Vegas Restaurant - Bellagio
Old 05-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #2223
Ebisu Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
I've only been to Tao Beach and Encore. It's day time club which is totally different than the hotel pool. You can go there regardless if you're staying @ that hotel or not. Yes, there's a line-up and there is cover. You can get table service just like any other night club. The pools aren't really big\deep enough for you to swim in. People just chill in there and drink. I personally like the day time pool parties. Can't go wrong with house music and chicks in bikinis.
Do most people just lounge around with a drink and tan or do they still dance like a nightclub?
I was reading on some websites that they still require "proper dresscode" at these places ... so I can't go in boardshorts and a t-shirt? It would kinda stupid to be in the baking sun in a dress shirt and dress pants ...

I guess the plan is to hit up the regular pools in the morning (7-8am) to relax in the sun then head to the pool party when they open around noon? Is there food in there too (and is it even good?) or should I grab a bite beforehand?
Old 05-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #2224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Do most people just lounge around with a drink and tan or do they still dance like a nightclub?
I was reading on some websites that they still require "proper dresscode" at these places ... so I can't go in boardshorts and a t-shirt? It would kinda stupid to be in the baking sun in a dress shirt and dress pants ...

I guess the plan is to hit up the regular pools in the morning (7-8am) to relax in the sun then head to the pool party when they open around noon? Is there food in there too (and is it even good?) or should I grab a bite beforehand?
@ Encore Beach there's a dance floor area where the DJ spins. Tao Beach I dont remember seeing a dance floor, just a pool where ppl partied in. People dance, lounge around, drink @ pool clubs. I've never had problems with swim trunks, a nice t-shirt & flip flops. They dont expect you to wear dress clothes to go to a pool party.

Encore Beach, Wet and Marquee Dayclub would be the bigger pool parties.

Last edited by BlackV62K2; 05-17-2012 at 11:06 PM.
BlackV62K2 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #2225
Director of RS Cares

LEAVING TOMORROW! SO EXCITE!!!