REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 04-02-2003, 06:32 PM   #2601
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

took it to kenny, $50 later, it looks like one smooth pipe. incredible work, as usual.
Advertisement
Enraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 08:24 PM   #2602
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

should be if you have to pay for it heheheh

so did you ever fidn otu what that soud was toby

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 06:07 PM   #2603
HELP ME PLS!!!

yadda yadda yadda..... painted and shined up some shit today.. and i survived with only minor cuts and grind marks for some reason i have real bad luck with grinding myself when trying to polish

strut spacer thingys.. look way better without all bumps and half assed paint on em

heatshield for turbo, painted it black.. should look good when the engines back together

Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 09:01 PM   #2604

gear qestion i all wasy forget to ask yae muray why do you have your coolent hose blocked off liek that why not connect the coolent in let hose and the return to geter that way your coolent will flow alot beter then just being blocked off liek that

i might by pass my cool to my turbo you can do that whit he ct26 but have not herd much about it it whould make cooent temps lower but make your oil alot hotter that why when you have upgraded turbo you all ways get a oil cooler

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)

Old 04-03-2003, 09:36 PM   #2605
HELP ME PLS!!!

the stock oil cooler should hold for now... ive seen other people run larger turbos on the stock oil cooler

what do you mean , re-route it? to where?

im polishing up the AFM now.. fucking pain in the ass. got some of the sand paper for aluminum products tho. and a bunch of new polishing bits

wee
Old 04-03-2003, 09:52 PM   #2606
all work and no play

Ugh.

Status update:

It's been like a week since I started, I've got lots of stuff polished up, some stuff painted, etc, for the new motor. The old motor is pretty much disconnected from everything it possibly can, save for the two motor mounts. I've taken out the rad, intercooler, all the AC shit, power steering shit, etc... The motor looks very small now

I didn't have enough energy tonight to crack those motor mount bolts, they're pretty damn rusted Hopefully tommorow night I'll be able to get them, then we can hoist the motor and tranny out together. I'll be taking the flywheel off and having it resurfaced on Saturday, while at the same time putting the new motor back together (new gaskets for everything, arp bolts for the head). Would like to be able to drop the motor in on Saturday night, but it might end up being Sunday morning.

I sure hope I can drive the fucking thing come Sunday night
fuzebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:03 PM   #2607
HELP ME PLS!!!

sounds good so far, Fuzebox.... just keep going, im sure if you dont run into all too many problems (as what usually happens with these engines) you'll be fine by sunday, guessing that you have all the tools you'll need, etc

got any pics of the process? you should have made a tech tip with pics for a engine transplant.... thats one thing i havent seen done well anywhere on the net

good luck with the project none the less, man. hope you can pull some power outta that new machine
Old 04-03-2003, 11:40 PM   #2608

Quote:
Originally posted by Paradox
the stock oil cooler should hold for now... ive seen other people run larger turbos on the stock oil cooler

what do you mean , re-route it? to where?

im polishing up the AFM now.. fucking pain in the ass. got some of the sand paper for aluminum products tho. and a bunch of new polishing bits

wee

well to teh coolent retun line goign to you bock

Old 04-04-2003, 08:14 AM   #2609

*head hurts*

just revocering from the flu, i felt like i was dead yesterday...

anyways, i think that sound was the downpipe bolt, but im not sure. i managed to use the stock hanger again where the dp meets the exhaust, just had to use a file to get rid of some melted metal from when the guy torched off the bolts.

murray, looks good, good to see your doing something with your free time

fuzebox, keep us updated, sounds like your makin good progress. so your new SPEC clutch goes in with the new engine too? let me know how that is, ill probably get one if/when my clutch goes. also, how much did you pay for it?
Old 04-04-2003, 08:14 AM   #2610
all work and no play

Quote:
sounds good so far, Fuzebox.... just keep going, im sure if you dont run into all too many problems (as what usually happens with these engines) you'll be fine by sunday, guessing that you have all the tools you'll need, etc

got any pics of the process? you should have made a tech tip with pics for a engine transplant.... thats one thing i havent seen done well anywhere on the net

good luck with the project none the less, man. hope you can pull some power outta that new machine
Heh, thanks.

I started taking pictures (the ones I posted on SF and SM earlier this week), but haven't for a few days, it's too much of a hassle

I'm in a pretty well stocked shop, so tools aren't a problem. The only problems I've had so far are lack of motivation and too fucking cold out... I've got a lot of other shit happening in my life that I really didn't need right now, so I haven't been sleeping or eating much for the past two weeks, making working on the car for long periods of time difficult.

Hopefully this weekend I'll quicken up progress a bit. Motor is definately coming out tonight, and tommorow I'll try to get the new one put back together as quickly (yet neatly) as possible.

Paradox: as for power, at this point I just want it to start, run, and hold oil I don't really ever plan on installing any more power upgrades (maybe a 57-trim upgrade on stock fuel if I have the cash). At this point the clutch, aem cam gears, and avc-r are going to be my last mods, and if I can't break into the 13s on my current setup, then I suck

BTW, I picked up some 300zx wheels and painted them gunmetal... Got them for super cheap, should be an upgrade over the sawblades anyway:

Old 04-04-2003, 09:04 AM   #2611

new wheels and einge lucky you i want 3rd gen rex wheesl i wan em so bad

Old 04-04-2003, 09:58 AM   #2612
all work and no play

Quote:
Originally posted by NashMan
new wheels and einge lucky you i want 3rd gen rex wheesl i wan em so bad
Those were my first choice, but I couldn't find a set for under $600...

I picked up these wheels with some major curb scraping for $150 CAD for the set. Buddy of mine (Simba, who's on SF and here occasionally) sandblasted them for me, then I sanded them down some more and gave them a good gunmetal treatment. They're not 100%, but they look a hell of a lot better than they did when the guy sold them to me, and still cost me $40/wheel. they're 1/2" wider than the sawblades, so I should be able to mount 245s on them.

As for "lucky", I took out a line of credit
Old 04-04-2003, 10:21 AM   #2613

you should be able to break into 13s not problem with that setup. a 57 trim would be good, especially if your turbo is going out anyways.

as for the 300zx wheels, do you know what offset they are? i thought they were too far into the wheel wells when i saw them on a supra.
Old 04-04-2003, 12:00 PM   #2614
HELP ME PLS!!!

damn those wheels look pretty cool actually... too bad their 16"s (?) get em on your car and take some pics, i dont think ive ever seen a MK3 riding on those
Old 04-05-2003, 07:36 AM   #2615

well duane hit the track the other day and got 13.3 at 118mph at 18 psi

not to bad

Old 04-05-2003, 07:59 AM   #2616
HELP ME PLS!!!

yeah not bad, but id say he would be alot faster if his car was still auto, keep in mind hes still new at this 5spd thing
Old 04-05-2003, 09:05 AM   #2617
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

hey Nashman i am still waiting to hear from you where you got your alternator done? thanks

Tyler
bcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 12:25 AM   #2618
all work and no play

Updated my pictures.

http://www.fuzebox.org/photos/03-30-03-supra/

(Look, I'm doing a slanty eyes thing so I can yell "JDM SUPRA POWER" in a japanese voice)

Old 04-06-2003, 10:52 AM   #2619

so0 who is the man in charge when pulling the motor

ps when droping int eh trans you need bit of room it pain as in you need nice tilt to it to get it in right but i think you be fine

othe then that is asy just remmber your grounds hehehe

ps i still don't knwo why they give you a aline ment tool hell they gave me one on mine as wel i was like why do i need this

silly companies

ps replace you slave cyc i highly recomed that cause you got bit more persor now from the clutch cover and most likly might kill the slave cause when thou babies go they cover your band new spanking cluthc in fuild and that very bad for it and may kill it

and fi you doing that might as well get steel braid line for it but eh it not full nessaice but if you want stiff clutch that the onyl way to go

i have bean meaning to do mine for long time but i just set it back and say baaa i got better thing's to do

i wish i had my mtoor out there be so many thig si chould do like prot exhuast manfold ect so many thigns oh well

any ways i am off have fun heheh

Old 04-06-2003, 06:24 PM   #2620
HELP ME PLS!!!

hey Fuzebox, where did you get your engine from? and for how much?
Old 04-06-2003, 08:47 PM   #2621
all work and no play

Quote:
hey Fuzebox, where did you get your engine from? and for how much?
$900 even from JK Wrecking... Hypa has a friend with an account there, so he got me a bit of a break. No tax either
Old 04-08-2003, 08:29 AM   #2622

well i might be fixing my ic pipes up this come up week and get new blower motor as well

Old 04-08-2003, 02:35 PM   #2623

mury i really need that lower ic pipe i want to get copy of it made

i sure int eh hell not going to pay toyota 215 plsu tax for rubber pipe

it will just be easyer for me to get it made this way in stead of goigto exhuast shop and them take some stuff of my car and caring me more money and i can get copy of the one i have because it so choped up that fit barly and i don't want that ether and ye sit will fit as well i asked around if it whould fit

the reson why it don't fit on yours it cause of the adtor that you had to put on you exhuast manfold that why they gave you the trust pipe connet that whiteh spearco pipes and it will all fit nicely or hell even the stock rubber piep may do i thik that hole is lower ont eh pipe and most likl not cause me truble

Old 04-08-2003, 02:38 PM   #2624

Quote:
Originally posted by NashMan
mury i really need that lower ic pipe i want to get copy of it made

i sure int eh hell not going to pay toyota 215 plsu tax for rubber pipe

it will just be easyer for me to get it made this way in stead of goigto exhuast shop and them take some stuff of my car and caring me more money and i can get copy of the one i have because it so choped up that fit barly and i don't want that ether and ye sit will fit as well i asked around if it whould fit

the reson why it don't fit on yours it cause of the adtor that you had to put on you exhuast manfold that why they gave you the trust pipe connet that whiteh spearco pipes and it will all fit nicely or hell even the stock rubber piep may do i thik that hole is lower ont eh pipe and most likl not cause me truble
plus if i get one made i can get copies of it and you can sell em on the net for cheeper then defco and make more money cause that hose crackes o alot of supra and peoepl don't even know have the time

Old 04-08-2003, 04:00 PM   #2625
HELP ME PLS!!!

get your own damn pipe! those things cost me too much $$$

err yeah, maybe once i start working on that part of the car again you can borrow it