REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 09-08-2002, 08:44 PM   #1251
Sick motherfucker mod

sega gt2002 for xbox has two supras
a mk4 and an mk3
Advertisement
rental_metard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 09:58 PM   #1252
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

why is out for rent now or some thign

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 10:02 PM   #1253
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

i didnt do my front brakes.... i havent had a problem since that time at the track
Enraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 10:32 PM   #1254

but didn't you bleed em when you did your front brakes or did some oen els do ti for you

as long as you peld doe not have alot of play in ti and goes close to the flow then you will not have prob aka mussy brakes

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)

Last edited by NashMan; 09-08-2002 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-09-2002, 01:19 PM   #1255

i didnt need to bleed them, i never disconnected the calipers. i replaced the pads and rotors, thats all.

i may have a contact in Japan for parts. my freind Roberto (he is the one making the DPs) just picked up a 2JZ complete engine (no ECU no tranny no IC, but everything else including turbos i think) for US$750! and his freind in Japan is getting him an ECU for US$150, and he said that his buddy can get almost anything for cars for a decent price. i just emailed him to see if he can get soem JIC or Tein coilovers...
Old 09-09-2002, 08:32 PM   #1256
HELP ME PLS!!!

woohaww, i got a real jack today... jacking up my car in a matter of seconds sure is nicer than using that stock emergency POS that leaves blisters on your hands and takes like 10 freakin' minutes for one section.

and figured whats wrong with my damn exhaust.... the downpipe had like basically seperated at the turbo elbow. all the bolts were coming out and have been for awhile, ummm... im guessing that'd kill some of my power and exhaust flow. not to mention the annoying *bang bang bang* of the DP bashing against the elbow at idle.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 06:10 AM   #1257

humm i never had prob whiht thous befor i nebver real herd of em comeing loose much the ne that come loose alot are the braket liek mine

i got ot got midas so they can cut it off and reloted it so i can bolt eh other bolt in

oh and guess what she back na na na she back rippign donw the streets but 1 mouth old gas kinda sucks the power away

oh and this si what ig to done i was kidna tight on money as well didn't got ot hard core

new rear rotors
re finshed front ones new but 2 weeks old
new master
new p vavle
new shose new ebrake shoes and cables and hard ware
new calerper's

grand totlta price 700 not bad i might still get stainless lines thou

Last edited by NashMan; 09-10-2002 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:44 PM   #1258

cool, good thing its back together.

just takin a break from fiberglassing, god that shit stinks.... im doing a second layer around were the spare tire well meets the wood baffle, so im hoping it will pop out once it has a stronger connection.... if not... im not sure. i need a compressor so i can use compressed air to popo it out i think.
Old 09-10-2002, 02:01 PM   #1259

yae that what i hade to do whit my buddies car just whoud not come out, but boy did it fit nice

man do i love my car it stop on dime now hehe i love it to hell next is the clutch and wirein when ever i find it

boost is good thing supra is even better both mixed price less

ps toby if yuo wan to bleed your brake go tot lordco and get one man bleeder and bleed it for like 3 min 4 time around each calper and then in one week do ti again to get the rest of the air out good luck

oh and one man bleeder is easy to use just read the back of it and it will make my life easyer then typeing ti and makeing bunch of speeling mistake's

oh hell i tel yae

just loseing the bleed blot on calper and stick onteh tube adn pump brakes for like 10 to 15 time tells gets air out

then tight nut and take off tube go tot next calper

Old 09-10-2002, 09:17 PM   #1260
HELP ME PLS!!!

hows this for sweet? i just put my car away for the night, and the idle was PERFECT! well not perfect, but id say 95%, which is amazing for the lex AFM/550cc injectors...

the downpipe was the cause of most my problems, i figure. im due for a oil change, might do that tommorow. and new Aurora spark plug wires going in maybe tommorow or next day aswell, depends when i can get them. btw they are the exact same specs as magnecores, and made in canada to boot

damn, my car might just be reliable with all these bolt-ons afterall. who'da thought?

.... soon to be 100%.....?

Last edited by Paradox; 09-10-2002 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 01:07 AM   #1261

well i had manacore plug wires befor and they fellaprt on me but that was on my na

so far i like the ngk's more the boots kinda seat better then the manacore i find

i may have had bad set but i will never buy em again they pissed me off to much for what i paid for em

as far as performace plug wires go we don't need em for our cars in any way so it all come down to how they are made and how long they will last

caues most peopel will up grade there wire when they upgrade ingtion system to handle the new current ad such

most of all this high tec sheilding is over kill or we just don't need it yet

any ways i got to drive to naniomo to pic up some parts fo my car aka south iland imports any one want to come whiht me

Old 09-11-2002, 02:08 PM   #1262

what are you getting?

feel free to buy me some 89-92 tails and 3 peice spoiler if they have them.
Old 09-11-2002, 04:33 PM   #1263
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Today I went to Toypta do the safety inspection check for my 86.5 N/A Supra. When they took out the spark plug wire, there was oil everywhere. It was totally drenched. There was alot of oil under the cover.

They didnt tell me what's the probelm and what's nroken just said it cost over 1000 to get it repair. And they recommand me just leave it and dirve this until it die......what the fuxk....
They said it doesn't worth to put money on this car.....they haven't finish the inspection check and give me back the car...
I was totally unsatisfy their service

Do u guys know any best place to to the engine check?
I believe is the valve cover gasket broken but there maybe other parts leaks the oil too.....

Can anyone help?
thanks

Last edited by Scottietang; 09-11-2002 at 04:33 PM.
Scottietang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 05:01 PM   #1264

90% chance its just the valve cover gaskets. replace them yourself!

get a cheap metric socket set (i bought mine at Lordco for $8), a Toyota Service Repair Manual (the official one, or if your on a tight budget, get the Haynes). now an NA is a bit different, i beleive you have to remove the throttle body.

and $1000 to fix? i would have told them to go fuck themselves. even Midas could do it if you dont want to, probably take 4 hours or so. do it yourself, LEARN BY DOING. if you want actual handson help, one of us could help you do it, as long as you provide refreshment
Old 09-11-2002, 07:41 PM   #1265

When i driving today, there were lots of white smoke out of my muffler.....
I believe they took my spark plug out without suck the crap oil first so the crap oil get into the cylinder.....fuxk
what should I do now?
But there was no smoke in this morning and start somke tonight

Last edited by Scottietang; 09-11-2002 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:14 PM   #1266

white smoke is usually antifreeze. you could have a dread blown head gasket.

DO NOT DRIVE it at all. call toyota and talk to the service manager. tell him the complete situation, and dont take any crap. the Toyota mechanic removed yoru spark plug, letting oil and god knows what into the cylinder. he should have removed the oil first. becuase he didnt, it is TOYOTAS responsibility.

if you have trouble with them (they treat you liek crap, they dont beleive you, etc) get yoru parents to talk to them (im assuming your young?)... keep us updated.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:37 PM   #1267

But is hard to belive that, cause they are professinoal, they should know cant remove the spark plug with the oil on top............
Is anyone know if the oil get into the cylinder, how long it take to start the white smoking?

Last edited by Scottietang; 09-11-2002 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:24 PM   #1268

this i what i think akak whihte smoke is not caues by pulling plug ever in less he put in anty freez caues when it burn it goes white if it was water there whould not be any you can see for tail pipe but alot of steam and sweet smell and it whould idale very bady then ti whould go away

aka you blown head gastket answer said and done

you must have had leaking gasket and never knew it tell now

the only thing you can get toyota for if they loosend you head and such or tighten the bolts down but they will ask frist befor doing

all so if they pulled you plug and there was alot of oil that is the cover seals going now if he pulled the plug and oil got int here that not going to do nothing but push bule for 3 or strokes and such

if you have prob just ppm me and i can set u stright i have bean around the supra for very long time and still love em to this day and i all so had na motor befor

so give me om and i cna help you otut he best i can hell i can lok it over for you and tell you whats wroung

oh yae wecome to our thread

Old 09-11-2002, 09:25 PM   #1269

this i what i think akak whihte smoke is not caues by pulling plug ever in less he put in anty freez caues when it burn it goes white if it was water there whould not be any you can see for tail pipe but alot of steam and sweet smell and it whould idale very bady then ti whould go away

aka you blown head gastket answer said and done

you must have had leaking gasket and never knew it tell now

the only thing you can get toyota for if they loosend you head and such or tighten the bolts down but they will ask frist befor doing

all so if they pulled you plug and there was alot of oil that is the cover seals going now if he pulled the plug and oil got int here that not going to do nothing but push bule for 3 or strokes and such

if you have prob just ppm me and i can set u stright i have bean around the supra for very long time and still love em to this day and i all so had na motor befor

so give me pm and i can help you out he best i can hell i can look at it over for you and tell you whats wroung

oh yae wecome to our thread

Old 09-12-2002, 12:02 AM   #1270
HELP ME PLS!!!

ok. scottietang. this is simple. your valve gaskets are screwed. thus buy new ones from any local parts shop (lordo, or napa, etc) shouldnt cost more than 40 bux. use tampons or cotton balls, or towels or whatever the hell you want to soak up all that excess oil.

remove the intake piping, coil pack, throttle cables..... you're game.

stuff the tampons in there, soak that shit up, unscrew the the valve covers, remove old gaskets, whipe up excess, then put in the new ones.

this is NOT a 1000 dollar job as toyota may have said, DO NOT TRUST TOYOTA DEALERS WITH YOUR CAR. (as you said on supraforums, this is NOT a joke, this is reality -- toyota will fuck you over. find a respectable mechanic and go to him)

if you cant do this yourself, take it to any local mechanic and ask for pricing, as for 4 hours work as enraged mentioned, im not sure, this could be done in 2-3 hours easy. but a mechanic may charge more just because they dont know much about the 7M engine.

g'luck. hope you keep the car running mint.
Old 09-12-2002, 02:06 AM   #1271

Thanks everyone's suggestion
I drove for half an hour tonight and now there is no more white smoke........
maybe the anti freeze cause the white smoke since I did fill up the coolant today......
anyway I will get the gasket change and see what happen......

Once again, thanks everyone's common......
Old 09-12-2002, 03:01 AM   #1272
HELP ME PLS!!!

no prob man.

if you arent sure of a mechanic and he seems to be asking too much to do the work, take it to another. that seriously isnt too bad of a job to fix. ive taken all that crap off before just for fun, err to see if i could. if you cant manage it yourself, try and find a cheap, reliable mechanic. i know a guy, but i cant tell you where he works til tommorow. i'll even mention your car if you wait.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:40 AM   #1273
Sick motherfucker mod

hey i gots a ? for ya supra peeps. i have no heat/ air conditoining, anymore, i used to, but now i dont. and my mechican man said it was the blah blah thing and it pointed it out to me, a silver cyclinder object back far mid left of the engine, basically asgaisnt the firewall. anyone knwo what this is, and how i can get heat back. if anyone does it for me i'll give em 20$ plus part.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:50 AM   #1274

i can most likly find out whta your prob is but cyc thing doe snot help much there lots of stuff under the hood and i don't carge money if i charge some thing its beer and that if i tkae along time to do it

but if you don't get heater you ac motor chould not be woriikng its' the vent int eh unite under the dash

i cna nto think of any thing that is under he hood that helps your heat in any way

besides ac unite

i whould ahve to look at it setup a tiem most hopefuly during the day so it is light out and and stuff and i take look

Old 09-12-2002, 12:03 PM   #1275
Sick motherfucker mod

i got nothing goin on today or tommorow, i can even come to your hosue