REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 11-23-2007, 09:31 AM   #2151
Banned (ABWS)

so last night I'm doing my usual routine...walk up and down in my neighbourhood enjoying the -10 weather and talk to my girlfriend on the phone...when all of the sudden I see a Crown Vic coming towards me, speed up, then slam on his brakes and come to a stop a handful of feet in front of me partially on the sidewalk I'm walking on.

Cops get out, the one on the passenger side (closer to me) starts grilling me, acting tough, body language, tone of voice, everything reeking with attitude and aggression...though I had done nothing wrong, this guy's treating me like a criminal. Knowing that, save for a few details such as name, address and birthdate, I don't have to tell them anything, I figure I'll find out what I want to know (why the hell they're bothering me) before they find out whatever it is that they want to know.

He keeps aggressively asking me questions, standing in a way that makes it obvious that he's ready for action. Instead of answering I keep asking them what's going on, what all this is about...finally he asked me something (I think it was to the effect of whether I live in the neighbourhood or what I was doing in the neighbourhood) and I reply with a "what's it to you?"

This doesn't sit well with them and he looks pissed off and his partner starts moving towards me at a quickened pace...at this point I recognize him and say "John...you know me"...he stops in his tracks and looks confused I repeat "John...dude...you KNOW me"...at which point it clicks and the attitudes do a 180.

He starts profusely apologizing, telling his partner that I'm okay and instantly divulges the information that they had received a call that some guy (me) was "breaking into houses," apologizes a few more times, we make small talk and they leave, telling me to have a good night.

What pissed me off is they made two decisions based on ZERO information or facts. First, they assumed that I was a robber and treated me as such, without any proof whatsoever. Second, once he found out who I was (NOT what I was doing, simply who I was) he instantly made the decision that I had not committed the crime.

Normally, I'm the first one to jump to the police's defence (especially the GP ones), knowing better than most what they do day after day, night after night. But this really shook my confidence in them, and brought me back to when I was younger and used to have cops hassle me for the stupidest things, acting tough and knowing very little...
Advertisement
OffroadZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:08 AM   #2152
dustinb

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadZuki
so last night I'm doing my usual routine...walk up and down in my neighbourhood enjoying the -10 weather and talk to my girlfriend on the phone...when all of the sudden I see a Crown Vic coming towards me, speed up, then slam on his brakes and come to a stop a handful of feet in front of me partially on the sidewalk I'm walking on.

Cops get out, the one on the passenger side (closer to me) starts grilling me, acting tough, body language, tone of voice, everything reeking with attitude and aggression...though I had done nothing wrong, this guy's treating me like a criminal. Knowing that, save for a few details such as name, address and birthdate, I don't have to tell them anything, I figure I'll find out what I want to know (why the hell they're bothering me) before they find out whatever it is that they want to know.

He keeps aggressively asking me questions, standing in a way that makes it obvious that he's ready for action. Instead of answering I keep asking them what's going on, what all this is about...finally he asked me something (I think it was to the effect of whether I live in the neighbourhood or what I was doing in the neighbourhood) and I reply with a "what's it to you?"

This doesn't sit well with them and he looks pissed off and his partner starts moving towards me at a quickened pace...at this point I recognize him and say "John...you know me"...he stops in his tracks and looks confused I repeat "John...dude...you KNOW me"...at which point it clicks and the attitudes do a 180.

He starts profusely apologizing, telling his partner that I'm okay and instantly divulges the information that they had received a call that some guy (me) was "breaking into houses," apologizes a few more times, we make small talk and they leave, telling me to have a good night.

What pissed me off is they made two decisions based on ZERO information or facts. First, they assumed that I was a robber and treated me as such, without any proof whatsoever. Second, once he found out who I was (NOT what I was doing, simply who I was) he instantly made the decision that I had not committed the crime.

Normally, I'm the first one to jump to the police's defence (especially the GP ones), knowing better than most what they do day after day, night after night. But this really shook my confidence in them, and brought me back to when I was younger and used to have cops hassle me for the stupidest things, acting tough and knowing very little...
So I heard you're selling jewelery and household electronics for cheap. Give me a PM.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:14 AM   #2153
Sick motherfucker mod

OffroadZuki what neighborhood do you live in?
rental_metard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #2154
Head Mod yo

Could been worse, they coulda tazered you.
Victoria SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:30 AM   #2155
Banned (ABWS)

Dustin: haha...it's cheap too...need to get rid of it ASAP

Adam: Grande Prairie, Alberta ...but within that I live in a supposedly fairly respectable neighbourhood ... though judging by my neighbours who like to beat the living shit out of each other on the front lawn (20-something mommy and daddy while 3 kids are inside) I'm not so sure lol

Steve: haha I know...I really wonder what they would have done...
Old 11-23-2007, 11:48 AM   #2156
dustinb

Why dear god, why?!!
Old 11-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #2157
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Why is it so cold outside today? I just want to go for a walk!

2003 Jetta wagon surfboard transport/oil burner
gracefallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:55 PM   #2158
Banned (ABWS)

re: that FD ... got unsprung weight?
Old 11-23-2007, 01:59 PM   #2159
Head Mod yo

Quote:
Originally posted by gracefallen
Why is it so cold outside today? I just want to go for a walk!
Go for a walk then!!!

Pussy.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:21 PM   #2160
ROOGP-03

Quote:
Originally posted by Super WOP
Could been worse, they coulda tazered you.
no kidding..
Old 11-23-2007, 02:25 PM   #2161
Sick motherfucker mod

Quote:
Go for a walk then!!!

Pussy.
i'm hoping it'll snow so i can bring out my winterboots again. And I have snowboarding pants I've used once
Old 11-23-2007, 02:48 PM   #2162
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally posted by rental_metard
i'm hoping it'll snow so i can bring out my winterboots again. And I have snowboarding pants I've used once
but if it snows your bunnywabbit will just disappear
Old 11-23-2007, 03:16 PM   #2163

Quote:
Go for a walk then!!!

Pussy.
I think I'll just sit here and complain instead. I'm getting paid for that.

A former employee just stopped by and did a smoke show in front of Slegg's for us. It was rad.

Last edited by gracefallen; 11-23-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:51 PM   #2164
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Thoes boots are huge! I just bought new welding boots and thought WPU and how i should go in the snow with them this time.

Last edited by TurboRay; 11-24-2007 at 10:01 AM.
 TurboRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:43 AM   #2165
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

testing x-mas avatar

Quote:
Originally posted by abinga
You're all too white to be saying nigga, except for Jeff.
jeffraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:52 AM   #2166
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadZuki

I HAD THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPEN.

BAH

i was walking through Uplands on a friday night to go home, listening to my ipod when some cops rolled up and started harrassing me. when they relized i wasnt a threat they told me that some kid my stature and build had stolen a car out of someones driveway.

BAH DUMB
Criot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:39 PM   #2167
Sick motherfucker mod

if you stole a car why would you be walking?
Old 11-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #2168

Quote:
if you stole a car why would you be walking?
Where were you walking to at 4 this morning, anyhow? I'm pretty sure "sober" is not a destination.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:03 PM   #2169
Sick motherfucker mod

I was mid way through my drinking. Drinking at joels house without my little blonde thing always leads to trouble. Trouble being me getting too drunk but still managed to continue drinking till 6:30 this morning. Steve you missed one hell of a guitar hero battle. Alex and I way too drunk to see straight trying to even hit three notes in a row
Old 11-24-2007, 10:51 PM   #2170
Banned (ABWS)

as much as I hate Big Oil and most things that go with it...I still find these things amusing

kinda weird seeing these things in the middle of nowhere, though lol...

bigass logging bridge...we were walking around on the frozen river lol

Old 11-25-2007, 06:54 AM   #2171
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Old 11-25-2007, 08:40 AM   #2172
RS controls my life!

Quote:
I was mid way through my drinking. Drinking at joels house without my little blonde thing always leads to trouble. Trouble being me getting too drunk but still managed to continue drinking till 6:30 this morning. Steve you missed one hell of a guitar hero battle. Alex and I way too drunk to see straight trying to even hit three notes in a row

Adam, what time did I fall asleep/passout? I don't remember anything past around 5am. Somehow I got a pillow and blanket as well >_>
1989 Mazda RX7 T2 (sold)
1992 Acura Integra (RIP)
1993 Nissan 240sx

Last edited by ziggg; 11-25-2007 at 08:41 AM.
ziggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:54 AM   #2173
Sick motherfucker mod

supposidly you were about 7 or so when the other guys came back with donuts then you fell asleep
Old 11-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #2174
Head Mod yo

Old 11-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #2175
Banned (ABWS)

haha...just pushed a Skyline GTS-T out of the middle of an intersection...

turbo + RWD + summer tires + snow = he's walking home tonight...

what was pathetic is that this poor bastard was stuck in the middle of the intersection for a LONG time...just going back and forth...nobody helped him (even though a long line was beginning to form on both roads)...I was just walking by (was on assignment), stopped for a minute to push him out and he was on his way (then got stuck on a side street lol) but at least he was out of the intersection...anyways...it was pathetic that not a single person got out to help this guy. I miss BC...5 ppl would have come to his aid in Victoria lol