REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #626
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
cantona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 154
Thanked 101 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxboost View Post
The only 2 place i know of that sells Hamilton is,

TimeCo. Metrotown/ Richmond
Chrono Boutique in Oakridge

I only saw the X-wind at Metro and even fewer Hamilton in Oakridge. But i am sure if you ask, they can get it for you.

IF you want the Cheapest, Ebay. But be careful. I would much rather buy from a dealer though.

GL
I just recently bought/ordered the Eto online off ebay for i think $408 from the seller "count_shop"...top rated seller with 99% feedback

Awesome looking watch, would prefer the x-wind but cant cough up the dough for it atm
Advertisement
cantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 PM   #627
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Richmond
Posts: 991
Thanked 994 Times in 180 Posts
just wondering, how much is a benny and co sapphire watch with diamonds?? just received one from a relative



looks like this but instead of the leather it is metal

edit: i think its 18 karat too but not too sure.
dignatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #628
I STILL don't get it
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 490
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
price of your watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dignatas View Post
just wondering, how much is a benny and co sapphire watch with diamonds?? just received one from a relative



looks like this but instead of the leather it is metal

edit: i think its 18 karat too but not too sure.
$2,650 from a retailer in NY
dr_squat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:39 PM   #629
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
evil_jigglypuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: YeRrUs
Posts: 3,914
Thanked 84 Times in 41 Posts
Added a trendy Fossil AM3695(middle) to my small collection. Got it as a gift from the gf.



Looking into getting either one of these soon. I'm really digging the looks of divers right now...


__________________
** FS: 1990 240sx fastback (SOLD) **


my crapbucket

*ding* *ding* *ding* ...breast milk...you make my day-ee-yay!
evil_jigglypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:30 AM   #630
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
maxxxboost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 10,845
Thanked 291 Times in 122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantona View Post
I just recently bought/ordered the Eto online off ebay for i think $408 from the seller "count_shop"...top rated seller with 99% feedback

Awesome looking watch, would prefer the x-wind but cant cough up the dough for it atm
X2, "Count_shop" seems to be the only dealer that lets you bid as well.
Tell us how your experience with the shop is like and post a picture.
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #631
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,339
Thanked 554 Times in 193 Posts
anybody know where the best place to buy used watches? any watch forums? I'm looking at getting myself a Breitling Chrono, stainless with 18k gold.MENS BREITLING GOLD CHRONOMAT | eBay
Theres tons floating around ebay for about 2 g's, but i'm always weary about ebay. And the reason I want to buy used is because there's such a big price drop. My dads gold breitling retailed for $44,000 and he bought it for like $10,000 cash off some guy going broke. They had a used section in Ceasers Palace but still wanted $5,000 for a $7,000 watch. The thing with high end watches is once they're used, they're worth half as much (unless its an audemars piguet or something)
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #632
Hyde's Understudy
 
BlackZRoadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,003
Thanked 436 Times in 226 Posts
^ maybe for breitlings, they dont have good resell value. But rolex keep there resell value so well.
__________________
2011 335xi Coupe M-sport
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2011, 03:09 PM   #633
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,339
Thanked 554 Times in 193 Posts
^ this sounds like blasphemy but Rolex's bore me.
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #634
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
cantona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 154
Thanked 101 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxboost View Post
X2, "Count_shop" seems to be the only dealer that lets you bid as well.
Tell us how your experience with the shop is like and post a picture.
Watch just came in yesterday, didn't expect it to come so soon - delivered from HK. they shipped last week around 6th - 9th, so quick delivery.

The watch itself is fantastic, my new favorite, pics later...its awesome looking. Came in a Hamilton box with manuals and mini brochure, and i think count_shop has their own 1 year warranty.

They have raised their prices though it seems about 100$, for my model at least, so maybe check the auctioned off watches.
cantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #635
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
maxxxboost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 10,845
Thanked 291 Times in 122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantona View Post
Watch just came in yesterday, didn't expect it to come so soon - delivered from HK. they shipped last week around 6th - 9th, so quick delivery.

The watch itself is fantastic, my new favorite, pics later...its awesome looking. Came in a Hamilton box with manuals and mini brochure, and i think count_shop has their own 1 year warranty.

They have raised their prices though it seems about 100$, for my model at least, so maybe check the auctioned off watches.

Can't wait to see!
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #636
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.
 
PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancity/Toronto
Posts: 3,171
Thanked 1,678 Times in 529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
^ maybe for breitlings, they dont have good resell value. But rolex keep there resell value so well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAnthony View Post
^ this sounds like blasphemy but Rolex's bore me.
IMO Rolex is more sleek and classy.. while Breitling is more loud and in your face.
Both beautiful in their own way.. just depends what you're looking for..
__________________
Studies show 100% of people die.. Might as well have some fun.

Hello my name is PJ.


Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #637
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,007
Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
how is the quality/value of nixon watches?
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:52 AM   #638
My homepage has been set to RS
 
trancehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,362
Thanked 742 Times in 363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin7352 View Post
how is the quality/value of nixon watches?
My views are completely biased from watchsnob on askmen.com because i havn't had the luxury to expose myself to the actual market. But i think Nixon is a fashion accessory more than anything. (watchsnob despises these pieces btw lol)

Their all quartz too i believe. Not much of value if your planning to resell in the future
__________________
Quote:

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:05 AM   #639
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 5,140
Thanked 2,215 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantona View Post
I just recently bought/ordered the Eto online off ebay for i think $408 from the seller "count_shop"...top rated seller with 99% feedback

Awesome looking watch, would prefer the x-wind but cant cough up the dough for it atm
here's his shop if anybody is interested, didn't find anything of interest personally.

CountShop items - Get great deals on Nixon, Luminox items on eBay Stores!
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #640
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.
 
PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancity/Toronto
Posts: 3,171
Thanked 1,678 Times in 529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
My views are completely biased from watchsnob on askmen.com because i havn't had the luxury to expose myself to the actual market. But i think Nixon is a fashion accessory more than anything. (watchsnob despises these pieces btw lol)

Their all quartz too i believe. Not much of value if your planning to resell in the future

+1

Nixon, Gucci, Armani, etc. are all standard quartz. Really all you're paying for is the look and the name. Inside is pretty much the same as any $20 watch.

All depends what you're looking for.
__________________
Studies show 100% of people die.. Might as well have some fun.

Hello my name is PJ.


Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #641
Hyde's Understudy
 
BlackZRoadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,003
Thanked 436 Times in 226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
My views are completely biased from watchsnob on askmen.com because i havn't had the luxury to expose myself to the actual market. But i think Nixon is a fashion accessory more than anything. (watchsnob despises these pieces btw lol)

Their all quartz too i believe. Not much of value if your planning to resell in the future
lol i like to read his columns as well. It was after reading about his views on Panerai that drove me towards Rolex. I'm glad I didn't buy the Panerai.
__________________
2011 335xi Coupe M-sport
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:38 AM   #642
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,284
Thanked 347 Times in 141 Posts
Concord Saratoga Big Date
exdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #643
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,007
Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse_x View Post
+1

Nixon, Gucci, Armani, etc. are all standard quartz. Really all you're paying for is the look and the name. Inside is pretty much the same as any $20 watch.

All depends what you're looking for.
hey im a bit of a watch noob. just wondering what quartz is? is it the material? and also, the mechanical difference between a designer brand and a watch maker brand. thanks
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #644
.
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,728
Thanked 2,163 Times in 848 Posts
Quartz is a watch movement that is powered by batteries as opposed to mechanical watches that are self winding.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #645
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.
 
PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancity/Toronto
Posts: 3,171
Thanked 1,678 Times in 529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin7352 View Post
hey im a bit of a watch noob. just wondering what quartz is? is it the material? and also, the mechanical difference between a designer brand and a watch maker brand. thanks
This is answered in the last few pages I believe. But Energy pretty much summed it up in a nutshell in the post above.

For example.. A $2000 Gucci watch with quartz movement is essentially a $50 Fossil watch with a different casing and the brand stamped on it. Under the the casing, it's pretty much the same. Quartz watches are really more fashion accessories.

Automatics however, run off of movement. And that's what people who buy these watches appreciate - The brand, the build, the mechanics.
__________________
Studies show 100% of people die.. Might as well have some fun.

Hello my name is PJ.


Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #646
I don't get it
 
iamon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 426
Thanked 30 Times in 25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse_x View Post
This is answered in the last few pages I believe. But Energy pretty much summed it up in a nutshell in the post above.

For example.. A $2000 Gucci watch with quartz movement is essentially a $50 Fossil watch with a different casing and the brand stamped on it. Under the the casing, it's pretty much the same. Quartz watches are really more fashion accessories.

Automatics however, run off of movement. And that's what people who buy these watches appreciate - The brand, the build, the mechanics.
Does this mean that my quartz tag heuer is on par as a fossil? Should I have invested in one of their automatic watches instead?
__________________
Revscene Feedback
iamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #647
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,324
Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamon View Post
Does this mean that my quartz tag heuer is on par as a fossil? Should I have invested in one of their automatic watches instead?
Tag is actually a watch brand as compared to Gucci, D&G, etc. so even though it's quartz it's still a step above Fossil as it's probably got better materials for the casing, strap, crystal, etc. however the movement that actually makes the watch run are pretty much considered the same as a Fossil.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #648
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
BoostedBB6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,796
Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts


Not much for looks but its serves my purposes.
__________________
08' G37S 6MT Coupe - For Sale or Trade (Motorcycle)
05' TL A-Spec
00' Celica GTS
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #649
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Richmond, BC
Posts: 4,694
Thanked 238 Times in 94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse_x View Post
This is answered in the last few pages I believe. But Energy pretty much summed it up in a nutshell in the post above.

For example.. A $2000 Gucci watch with quartz movement is essentially a $50 Fossil watch with a different casing and the brand stamped on it. Under the the casing, it's pretty much the same. Quartz watches are really more fashion accessories.

Automatics however, run off of movement. And that's what people who buy these watches appreciate - The brand, the build, the mechanics.
There are some thermocompensated quartz watches that are extremely accurate.

Having said that, a lot of swiss automatic watches use the same movement as well. You can get a <$1000 watch using the same ETA movement as a $7000 watch.
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #650
.
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,728
Thanked 2,163 Times in 848 Posts
Quartz is generally more accurate than automatics but like impulse_x said, its about the mechanicals inside the watch.

And yes, unless you spend for a high end brand like Rolex or Patek that makes their own movements then most automatics use the same movement too. So you pay for materials, design, and marketing.

I'd still like an Oris skeleton watch even if it has a mass produced movement
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net