REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 05-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #576
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
44mm is fairly large tbh.

anything between 39-43 is good imo but depends on the wrist size.
Advertisement
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #577
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Looking to buy this gucci watch from premierwatchshop

theres an XL next to the name however, no experience buying watches, does that mean its extra large? or part of the name of that gucci watch..

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GUCCI-126-G-...ht_3922wt_1141
Gucci is NOT a watch company. its a fashion label. For all you know, its some chinese rebranded watch. and this one is a quartz...

save your money dude

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2011, 02:50 PM   #578
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
Gucci is NOT a watch company. its a fashion label. For all you know, its some chinese rebranded watch. and this one is a quartz...

save your money dude
its good some people on this board know watches/fashion.

"fashion" watches are never worth the money, probably made in china with cheap movement and mechanics, paying for just the brand.
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:14 PM   #579
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

For the money you'd spend on that gucci, I'd pick up a Hamilton; that's the next watch on my wishlist anyways.
cantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:09 AM   #580
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post

save your money dude
What do you mean by chinese rebranded watch? If you're talking about the legitimacy of the seller, it's a legit store on ebay. I don't own too many watches, all have been presents. Got a Seiko and a Tissot.

Just looking for a nice one in the 500-800 range. I honestly don't care too much about the "mechanics". I'm looking for a nice looking watch thats a well known brand that isn't too flashy yet still catches the eye. Recommend me some!
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:43 AM   #581
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Even if they are the most legitimate watches, labels like Gucci, Armani, Diesel, etc, do not make watches. They just license their name to watch manufacturers (most likely Fossil) to sell in department stores.

When you buy a real watch brand, you are paying a lot for the name, but also a lot for the construction of the watch itself. When you buy a labeled watch, you are paying a lot for the name, and most likely there will just be a cheap watch inside.

Whether that matters or not is totally up to you. If you buy Gucci anything else, you are blowing money on nothing but brand anyway, so there's no real reason not to do it with watches.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #582
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
What do you mean by chinese rebranded watch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Even if they are the most legitimate watches, labels like Gucci, Armani, Diesel, etc, do not make watches. They just license their name to watch manufacturers (most likely Fossil) to sell in department stores.

When you buy a real watch brand, you are paying a lot for the name, but also a lot for the construction of the watch itself. When you buy a labeled watch, you are paying a lot for the name, and most likely there will just be a cheap watch inside.

Whether that matters or not is totally up to you. If you buy Gucci anything else, you are blowing money on nothing but brand anyway, so there's no real reason not to do it with watches.
^This guy knows.

Think of it as paying 3-10x more for a $100 Fossil watch with Gucci print on it.

IMO if you're looking for a Quartz for that price range, go for the Swiss made. Looks like you already have a Tissot. (Good choice)

I do also have a guilty pleasure of buying a bunch of cheaper Quartz strictly for looks (Fossil, Nixon, Vestal.. I think my next one will be a Meister.) But I'd never pay over 200-300ish for one.

But if you really like the looks of the Gucci, then go for it. You're the one wearing it. A couple people I know said the black watches scratch easily though.. Just something to keep in mind.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0

Last edited by PJ; 05-22-2011 at 09:51 AM.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #583
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

My latest purchase was a seiko perpetual chornograph. I originally wanted a citizen but this watch gathered my attention immediately the first time i saw it. http://www.seikowatches.com/products.../spc052p1.html
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:16 AM   #584
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanks for all the input.

I was thinking of picking up a quartz Hamilton ETO

Don't know if i should get black or white faced.

Any opinions?
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:13 AM   #585
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
lol don't hate on quartz! superior accuracy!
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #586
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse_x View Post
+1

I wish my Omega only costed $1300
Posted via RS Mobile
Sorry.. maybe $1600 brand new. But if you look on timezone maybe a used one can be a better deal..
abdulclamwacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #587
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Do watch stores finance watches? cant imagine dropping $5000-$10000 on a watch all at once. or maybe im just feeling an impulse since you guys are flashing such nice watches!
elbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #588
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbee View Post
Do watch stores finance watches? cant imagine dropping $5000-$10000 on a watch all at once. or maybe im just feeling an impulse since you guys are flashing such nice watches!
DO NOT finance a toy! If you can't afford to pay all at once, dont buy it.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:49 AM   #589
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Mistake in the making.

forums.watchuseek.com is where you want to start reading what the brand trends are, and why most guys don't buy $5000 watches.

I would never think of financing a watch, they can take a huge hit in value because a lot of it is driven by emotions.

I also don't buy watches in Vancouver, as I find the pricing to be absurdly inflated. The ones that offer financing are even worse. Would you pay $4000 for an Omega Planet Ocean and finance that plus interest? What if you knew that in the states, the same model can be found for $2700, and a lightly used one for $2100?

Another example, I was quoted $8000+tax for a certain Rolex in Vancouver. I called up an authorized dealer in Seattle, and was offered ~$7300...perhaps less if cash. That is a big difference, especially in a brand not known for deep discounts.
notjustforshow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #590
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
if you need to finance the watch... you should not be buying it.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #591
MoD

Thanked 1,805 Times in 227 Posts
Been rocking this for awhile and loving it

Old 06-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #592
I'll be good I promise.

Thanked 1,551 Times in 329 Posts
Does anybody know if the Alpha Watch website is legit?
http://www.alpha-watch.com/sub.php?list=3
Kim Jong Un is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #593
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

This is starting to change. Ralph Lauren now has JLC movement in some of their watches and LV is making in-house movements now from what I read in my watch magazine.
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #594
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Picked up a seiko skx007 for everyday wear, lovin it on the bond nato atm.

cantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #595
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by illicitstylz View Post
its good some people on this board know watches/fashion.

"fashion" watches are never worth the money, probably made in china with cheap movement and mechanics, paying for just the brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantona View Post
For the money you'd spend on that gucci, I'd pick up a Hamilton; that's the next watch on my wishlist anyways.
Quote:
What do you mean by chinese rebranded watch? If you're talking about the legitimacy of the seller, it's a legit store on ebay. I don't own too many watches, all have been presents. Got a Seiko and a Tissot.

Just looking for a nice one in the 500-800 range. I honestly don't care too much about the "mechanics". I'm looking for a nice looking watch thats a well known brand that isn't too flashy yet still catches the eye. Recommend me some!
Quote:

Whats your guys take on Boss Black watches? its made by movado and i think the 400$ pricetag is not bad
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #596
Hyde's Understudy

MOST who like good watches will tell you to stay away from fashion branded watches. However it's your money and if you like it, that's all that matters
Posted via RS Mobile
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #597
I bringith the lowerballerith

well isnt movado a good watch maker? regardless if its branded as Boss??
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:27 PM   #598
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
well isnt movado a good watch maker? regardless if its branded as Boss??
Movado is not a good watch maker. Some will disagree with what I say but again wear what you like and not what others opinion is
Posted via RS Mobile
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #599
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Watch related: for the panerai owners here, where do you guys get your straps? Sort of bored with the ones i have.
moky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #600
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,834 Times in 1,480 Posts
Looking to buy a watch for my GF. I've found some online that I quite like. One is made by Invicta, and the other by Swiss Legend. Multiple websites are showing these watches for quite a discounted price. They show retail price of $1000+.

Does anyone have any info on these brands? Are they decent watches? I don't really beleive the MSRP that they advertise. My other option is getting her the DKNY watch she likes, but I don't like the idea of spending $300+ on a designer/fashion watch.