REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 05-27-2015, 08:20 AM   #2851
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
For those of you with blue collar jobs. What do you wear when you are on the job? I have stretched out my steel bracelet to the point that the watch slide up and down my wrist way too much. Just replace the bracelet with a leather strap. Really liking the look on the leather strap on my one and only watch lol. I don't want to stretch that out too..... Or should I look for another watch that's more suitable for physical activities?
Anytime that I know i'll be spending the day out on a job site or on the plant floor, i'll make it a point to wear my G-Shock. Durable as hell, I also wear it on any vacation I go on cause it's low key and I never have to worry about water or any other kind of damage.
Advertisement
2008 Mercedes C300
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2018 Honda HR-V Touring
2019 Audi A4 Technik - Current
2012 Porsche 911 Targa 4 - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:13 AM   #2852
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
^ thanks! I decide to stop worrying about stretching my new leather bands and pick up a dw5600 black face to wear for work. Have to say this being my first g shock it has so many useful function. How does yours look after years of beating on it? Is the mineral glass all scuff up?
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:40 AM   #2853
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
^ thanks! I decide to stop worrying about stretching my new leather bands and pick up a dw5600 black face to wear for work. Have to say this being my first g shock it has so many useful function. How does yours look after years of beating on it? Is the mineral glass all scuff up?
Quick little tip, but I've used toothpaste to remove scuffs from my GW9200.
(604) White 2014 BMW 335i xDrive, 05/15 - 01/17
(604) Blue 2017 BMW 240i xDrive, 01/17 - 12/20
(604) White 2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+, 12/20 - Present
ntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:20 AM   #2854
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604STIG View Post
Anytime that I know i'll be spending the day out on a job site or on the plant floor, i'll make it a point to wear my G-Shock. Durable as hell, I also wear it on any vacation I go on cause it's low key and I never have to worry about water or any other kind of damage.
Good choice, which G-Shock model?

Quote:
Congrats on picking up a 5600 as your daily, it is a nice robust watch. Though in Vancouver, the 5600 pricing is ridiculous. In the states, it can be had for around 50 bucks.
-the bezel and watch band will take a beating over the years but will look great for at least 3 years.
-You can always replace the bezel and band with replacement parts, they are in great abundance (eBay, PacParts)
-Dont worry about the mineral glass face, it doesnt get scratched easily, and a hairline scratches can be easily buffed out
-You will love the 5600 even more over time, take a look at the G-Shock GW 5000, it costs 4 bills. But the GW5000 is the origins of G-shock, premium materials, softer watch band, solar, multi-band, I can go on and on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntan View Post
Quick little tip, but I've used toothpaste to remove scuffs from my GW9200.
-Nice, you have a GW9200 Riseman too? It's a killer of a watch and sadly no longer in production any longer. I daily my 9200 Riseman too
Gallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:28 PM   #2855
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntan View Post
I love the B&R look, but I could never justify the price tag for its movement ( not in-house movement ).
This.

That's why I never ended up getting a BR or PAM (pre in-house movement days).

It should be interesting to see how the mechanical watch landscape will change after ETA complete stops supplying movements to watch manufactures.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:23 PM   #2856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo View Post

Congrats on picking up a 5600 as your daily, it is a nice robust watch. Though in Vancouver, the 5600 pricing is ridiculous. In the states, it can be had for around 50 bucks.
-the bezel and watch band will take a beating over the years but will look great for at least 3 years.
-You can always replace the bezel and band with replacement parts, they are in great abundance (eBay, PacParts)
-Dont worry about the mineral glass face, it doesnt get scratched easily, and a hairline scratches can be easily buffed out
-You will love the 5600 even more over time, take a look at the G-Shock GW 5000, it costs 4 bills. But the GW5000 is the origins of G-shock, premium materials, softer watch band, solar, multi-band, I can go on and on..

-Nice, you have a GW9200 Riseman too? It's a killer of a watch and sadly no longer in production any longer. I daily my 9200 Riseman too

I picked up the dw5600ms-1dr. I'm in hk atm and literally just walk into one of the billion g shock reseller and ask for a black face one. Ended up getting it for around $70 cad is that a good price?

Now that I actually have it on my wrist I see the appeal on them lol. Comfortable and has function that I sometimes reach my phone for. I don't know if I will plop down 5 bills for one yet lol even my nice watch that I'm trying to baby doesn't cost 5 bills yet lol. I got the black face cause it looks so cool but now that I think about it... It's not the most useful lol. Have to use the backlight a lot. How is the regular face one? Is it more legible in the dark without using the el light?
Old 05-27-2015, 07:11 PM   #2857

Quote:
I picked up the dw5600ms-1dr. I'm in hk atm and literally just walk into one of the billion g shock reseller and ask for a black face one. Ended up getting it for around $70 cad is that a good price?

Now that I actually have it on my wrist I see the appeal on them lol. Comfortable and has function that I sometimes reach my phone for. I don't know if I will plop down 5 bills for one yet lol even my nice watch that I'm trying to baby doesn't cost 5 bills yet lol. I got the black face cause it looks so cool but now that I think about it... It's not the most useful lol. Have to use the backlight a lot. How is the regular face one? Is it more legible in the dark without using the el light?
Hello, 70 bucks for any 5600 is a great price. The blackface you mentioned is known as the negative display in the world of G-Shocks.

Even though your dw5600ms-1dr model is not limited to JDM only, but it’s a rare sighting in Vancouver. The Hudson’s Bay and Sears sells hyped up 5600 modelsfor $120 a pop and regular 5600 at $100 or so.

Enjoy your negative display model because it goes well with everything. As for the regular 5600 with positive display, it’s more readable and legible. You may want to consider picking up another as you can easily flip it for profit on craigslist just for fun.

Word of caution is that buying G-Shocks can be addictive.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:17 PM   #2858
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,776 Times in 8,170 Posts
I don't think toothpaste will ever work on this

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:43 PM   #2859

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I don't think toothpaste will ever work on this

Hey SkinnyPupp,

You've got a very cool Men in Mat Black 9200 Riseman!!

I myself, have the whole trio, MIMB riseman, gulfman and mudman.

Dont sweat over that scratch, you can take a look at PacParts, you can buy a replacement mineral glass for it. Act fast, because again, the Riseman is no longer in production, so spare parts for it will be limited..

Fun fact, the Men in Mat Black series is extremely hard to find now a days, they cost 200 or so back in 2009... but now, they rarely appear on eBay... when they do, they command a whopping 300+ CAD easily in used condition.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:00 PM   #2860

Quote:
Hey SkinnyPupp,

You've got a very cool Men in Mat Black 9200 Riseman!!

I myself, have the whole trio, MIMB riseman, gulfman and mudman.

Dont sweat over that scratch, you can take a look at PacParts, you can buy a replacement mineral glass for it. Act fast, because again, the Riseman is no longer in production, so spare parts for it will be limited..

Fun fact, the Men in Mat Black series is extremely hard to find now a days, they cost 200 or so back in 2009... but now, they rarely appear on eBay... when they do, they command a whopping 300+ CAD easily in used condition.
Hmm, I think this is the replacement I'd need... How do you replace it though? I'd be worried about making it worse

I love the watch and want to keep wearing it, so I don't want to ruin it. I was at Yodobashi choosing between the three MIMB watches and this is the one I liked the most. I feel like MIMB was designed specifically for me
Old 05-27-2015, 10:18 PM   #2861

Quote:
Hello, 70 bucks for any 5600 is a great price. The blackface you mentioned is known as the negative display in the world of G-Shocks.

Even though your dw5600ms-1dr model is not limited to JDM only, but it’s a rare sighting in Vancouver. The Hudson’s Bay and Sears sells hyped up 5600 modelsfor $120 a pop and regular 5600 at $100 or so.

Enjoy your negative display model because it goes well with everything. As for the regular 5600 with positive display, it’s more readable and legible. You may want to consider picking up another as you can easily flip it for profit on craigslist just for fun.

Word of caution is that buying G-Shocks can be addictive.
wow thanks! always feel good to scoop up a deal lol. should of consult you earlier i would have pack my suitcase full of g shocks lol and now i'm leaving hong kong for china lol. Bet you chinese has a lot of cheap g shock too but with all the fakes out there i don't think i will pick any up now...

question what is so special about the 1dr compare to other dw5600ms? still a noob to this but i really can't tell beside that some model have more functions. i mean they all look the same beside the model number on the bottom of the case?

the manual say that increase use of el with diminish it ability, does it simply mean that the battery will ran out faster? or is the el lighting using some kind of special lume that loose its effectiveness overtime?
Old 05-28-2015, 07:24 AM   #2862

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Hmm, I think this is the replacement I'd need... How do you replace it though? I'd be worried about making it worse

I love the watch and want to keep wearing it, so I don't want to ruin it. I was at Yodobashi choosing between the three MIMB watches and this is the one I liked the most. I feel like MIMB was designed specifically for me
Surprised you were able to source that specific part so quickly as PacParts has a crappy website..

Replacing the mineral glass is totally doable, a guy by the name-handle of Kung-Fusion over at watchuseek (forum-23) mods his G-Shocks extensively. In one instance, he blacked-out his riseman, and literally used his fingers to pop out the mineral glass, and use adhesive to put in place a new glass.

I can PM you a link to that thread when I dig it out again... I hear ya bruh, that specific MIMB riseman is highly prized now. You can leave the watch as is for now, a scuff or scratch is a like a battle scar.

Interestingly, you can take a look at the G-Shock GW-9400bj-1jf Rangeman... it is the successor to the Riseman. This particular one mimics the same colors of the MIMB riseman.

This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2015, 08:49 AM   #2863

Quote:
wow thanks! always feel good to scoop up a deal lol. should of consult you earlier i would have pack my suitcase full of g shocks lol and now i'm leaving hong kong for china lol. Bet you chinese has a lot of cheap g shock too but with all the fakes out there i don't think i will pick any up now...

question what is so special about the 1dr compare to other dw5600ms? still a noob to this but i really can't tell beside that some model have more functions. i mean they all look the same beside the model number on the bottom of the case?

the manual say that increase use of el with diminish it ability, does it simply mean that the battery will ran out faster? or is the el lighting using some kind of special lume that loose its effectiveness overtime?
I wouldn't worry about scooping up so much just for the sake of flipping. You get minimal profits of around 40 bucks per watch. Profit margins increases when you buy and sell limited edition pieces..

The 1dr is not exactly more special over the regular variants other than the negative display which is low-key and more sleek looking.. The functions of the 5600 are relatively the same, added functionalities only appears when you step up to the more expensive models where you get tough solar, atomic time syncing, etc.

The 5600 lineage is the "iconic" design of G-Shock, other designs come and goes, but the iconic square design will stay, similar to how the Submariner is the timeless design of Rolex.

Certain models are outsourced and produced in China, Thailand, Korea and Japan.. Secret is, Japan keeps the JDM circulating within Japan and literally keeps the best for themselves, leaving collectors outside of Japan scrambling to order from them..

To answer your light EL question, have a peace of mind and use it regularly, all you need to do is swap a fresh battery into it after say, 3 years.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:07 PM   #2864
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
I've got a GR-7900KG, picked it up and been using it for about 3 years now, $100 CAD. The strap has some "ghost" spots on it from the years of use which you can't even notice unless you examine it close up.
2008 Mercedes C300
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2018 Honda HR-V Touring
2019 Audi A4 Technik - Current
2012 Porsche 911 Targa 4 - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:42 PM   #2865
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I see they added a digital compass to the GW9400... that makes it so tempting ( wish my GW9200 had a compass ) and great for backpacking / hiking.
(604) White 2014 BMW 335i xDrive, 05/15 - 01/17
(604) Blue 2017 BMW 240i xDrive, 01/17 - 12/20
(604) White 2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+, 12/20 - Present
ntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:56 PM   #2866
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Here are the photos of my newest addition I was going to post earlier.

I was unsure about the colour combination at first, but now it has grown on me.

Last edited by parm104; 05-28-2015 at 06:09 PM.
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2015, 05:59 PM   #2867

Quote:
Surprised you were able to source that specific part so quickly as PacParts has a crappy website..

Replacing the mineral glass is totally doable, a guy by the name-handle of Kung-Fusion over at watchuseek (forum-23) mods his G-Shocks extensively. In one instance, he blacked-out his riseman, and literally used his fingers to pop out the mineral glass, and use adhesive to put in place a new glass.

I can PM you a link to that thread when I dig it out again... I hear ya bruh, that specific MIMB riseman is highly prized now. You can leave the watch as is for now, a scuff or scratch is a like a battle scar.

Interestingly, you can take a look at the G-Shock GW-9400bj-1jf Rangeman... it is the successor to the Riseman. This particular one mimics the same colors of the MIMB riseman.

The reason I like the MIMB is that they are almost completely blacked out. All the screws and even the clasp is black! The watch on the left has a lot of white and red highlights, and the screws are silver.... It's nice but just not the same
Old 05-28-2015, 07:12 PM   #2868
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
parm104: what's the damage... i'm thinking about it real hard.. i saw one for 700-800 ish.. again i'm not sure if it's the same model.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:33 PM   #2869
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
parm104: what's the damage... i'm thinking about it real hard.. i saw one for 700-800 ish.. again i'm not sure if it's the same model.
I don't know the exact price. It was given to me as a gift. However, I believe it was about $1300 give or take taxes?
Old 05-29-2015, 02:13 AM   #2870
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

bronze
hundredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:39 AM   #2871
The Fiesta Dipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
^ nice watch, I have a BR01-92 Heritage and love it, very distinctive and unique imo...great choice! you know they make BR01 or BR03 styles in 42mm or 46mm....
Did you happen to buy the Bell & Ross BR01-92 Heritage off me by any chance? You messaged me on Craigslists? Came to pick it up from my workplace in Richmond like tow years ago?

I only ask because I had the exact same model of watch in Mint Condition I got from a Trade off TimeZone. Then decided to sell it after a few months of wearing it!

Either way I love those B&R Heritage Watches and I also love the B&R Phantom Series watches too but I hear they can hard to read time in the dark even with the lume since they,re all flat black & grey.
E_Fahlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:13 AM   #2872
all day, everyday

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
tag stores in England... I'm so tempted too pull the trigger on a carrera limited edition, or the oris special or half a dozen dam watches and I haven't even left the first city yet.... If it wasn't for the dam vat I probably would've done it already....
Old 06-02-2015, 09:42 AM   #2873
The Fiesta Dipper

So I got home yesterday from a 2 week trip to Europe where I went to Paris, Nice, Monaco (For the F1 Grand Prix) then Barcelona and Finally Ibiza. I visited quite a few Luxury Watch Stores & Boutiques while on the trip; especially in Paris & Monaco. Mainly a lot of window shopping and Price comparison. One thing I did notice was that prices were pretty comparable to Canadian Prices but in Euro's so ie. with the exchange about 40% higher. So for that reason I didn't buy a new watch while on vacation nor was I really looking to purchase a new one but I had the assumption prices would be lower and I was really hoping to find a least a good deal on something WRONG! Even with the VAT Exclusion (For not leaving in the EU) take off 20% and the many duty free shops from all the airports I visited the prices still seemed higher than here and definitely higher than online or in the States.

Anyways here's a few Watch Selfies that I took while on the trip!

Oris Williams F1 Automatic Chronograph In Front of Their Pits During The Pitlane Walk on Friday Before The Race

Infront Of Jenson Button's FW22 BMW Williams from the 2000 Season

My TAG Heuer Aquaracer CAF2014 Day/Date Chronograph At A Little Secluded Beach Two Train Stops from Nice: Villefranche-sur-Mer, Alpes-Côte d'Azur

Some Random Building in Barcelona while on the Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour

Something a little Different than Watches But Still Very cool To see! Ayrton Senna's Helmet in the Prince's Car Museum from when he won the Monaco Grand Prix in 1991 for McLaren Honda
E_Fahlman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2015, 11:31 AM   #2874
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Fahlman View Post
Did you happen to buy the Bell & Ross BR01-92 Heritage off me by any chance? You messaged me on Craigslists? Came to pick it up from my workplace in Richmond like tow years ago?

I only ask because I had the exact same model of watch in Mint Condition I got from a Trade off TimeZone. Then decided to sell it after a few months of wearing it!

Either way I love those B&R Heritage Watches and I also love the B&R Phantom Series watches too but I hear they can hard to read time in the dark even with the lume since they,re all flat black & grey.
not me man.......
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #2875
all day, everyday

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts

Had to leave Liverpool with something. Off to Scotland, and see what's over there.