REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 10-25-2022, 06:58 PM   #4101
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
I think he might've just got bumped up on the wait list as he got the text on his 50th b-day. He was making quite a few IG posts about which watch to get for his 50th for what seemed like months.
Advertisement
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2022, 07:41 PM   #4102
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
50 year old with an IG following?

That's pretty cool
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 08:53 PM   #4103
rb
Network Admin Team

The IG watch "lifestylist" crowd are usually quite a bit older lol
Old 10-25-2022, 09:50 PM   #4104
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Oh is he one of those roided up tattooed up guys with white hair and a gigantic beard?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2022, 10:14 AM   #4105
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
Random walk-in or waitlisted and got called?
With Lugaro, you can just walk up and see what they have and if it's something you like, you can just buy it. Friend of mine picked up an Explorer a few months ago as a random customer with no purchase history and bought it on the spot.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2022, 12:23 PM   #4106
rb
Network Admin Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Oh is he one of those roided up tattooed up guys with white hair and a gigantic beard?
nah, a rather regular guy who's a bit of a character and an attention whore. IG is the perfect place for him

I do know what you mean though about those roided up tattooed type with beards and Conor Mcgregor haircuts flexing their wristwear. Only downloaded IG a yr ago to help sell some watches and realized that it was a bit of a cesspool

Also tried to join the IG Redbar watch meetup group for Vancouver and was totally ignored multiple times. oh well. Thinking of starting my own local watch enthusiasts meetup group open to anyone kinda like how dukes went about it with the stock and noob meets.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2022, 12:38 PM   #4107
RS Veteran

I always enjoy a good watch meet up regardless of make/model/dollar value. Always good to see a variety of watches and people who like to talk watches. If there's a story behind the watch, you've got my attention.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 10-26-2022, 05:51 PM   #4108
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
With Lugaro, you can just walk up and see what they have and if it's something you like, you can just buy it. Friend of mine picked up an Explorer a few months ago as a random customer with no purchase history and bought it on the spot.
Everytime i go in they got the exhibition models boooo

D-Built 2.0 LSVTEC TURBO
beatdownvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 07:43 PM   #4109
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatdownvictim View Post
Everytime i go in they got the exhibition models boooo
Each time I hear the SA explain to walk ins that they can't just buy the exhibition models on the spot, I wait for the response. It's always interesting to see who flips out because "I have money, why won't you sell it to me?"
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 05:22 PM   #4110
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,692 Times in 3,124 Posts
I still kind of want a moonswatch to go with my moonwatch. That mission to Neptune looks great!

The whole process is just insane as you gotta check in with the swatch boutique on a weekly basis.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 08:28 PM   #4111
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

^I was at Swatch last week tempted to get one, but decided to just get the real deal when I'm ready. I guess the stock on those are still limited?
radeonboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 06:14 AM   #4112
RS Veteran

I feel there's a neat novelty in the Moonswatch. If you get it, you'll be like "Faaack I should have got the real one" and low and behold, you drop $9000 on the real deal. LOL

Old 10-28-2022, 06:29 AM   #4113

I think a lot of these guys who buy the moonswatch already have the moon watch. Its just a fun playful thing.

Its good for me because when i go on a business trip i can wear the moonswatch and still look "businessy" without the fear of dinging all my good watches up to shit. Currently I just wear an apple watch everyday because its too damn useful to ignore. That walkie talkie feature is great... my wife can yell at me and everyone can hear.
Old 10-28-2022, 07:12 AM   #4114
rb
Network Admin Team

After the hype had died down, I came to my senses about spending $350 on a plastic watch because of the logo. I go crabbing with an all steel $200 swatch chrono (same movement as moon swatch) to time pot soaks and its one of the most reliable watches I own but I wouldn't pay more for it... much less a plastic version. Not judging anyone who wants one though, I'm just cheap lol

For a bit more, I'd go for a Bulova Lunar Pilot if you wanted a speedy-like daily with some similar NASA heritage. I use to own a lunar pilot and it was a great watch. Did not feel like a 45mm at all and wore like a 42 on my 6.25" wrist

This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2022, 09:15 AM   #4115
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
That walkie talkie feature is great... my wife can yell at me and everyone can hear.

Old 10-29-2022, 08:56 AM   #4116
Old School RS

Thanked 3,956 Times in 1,205 Posts
While pretty intuitive, the fall is definitely coming for all the hyped up premium Rolex and more exotic AP/PP/etc. Currently it looks just like the real estate market - prices aren't dropping too much, but stuff is sitting. Inevitably that leads to some motivated people reducing the prices, and the cycle starts.

I feel pretty confident that buying any halfway reasonable Rolex at MSRP is not going to hurt anybody, but I sure wouldn't want to be buying grey market at a premium unless it was truly a lifetime keeper and I loved it.

-Mark
Old 10-29-2022, 11:10 AM   #4117
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
While pretty intuitive, the fall is definitely coming for all the hyped up premium Rolex and more exotic AP/PP/etc. Currently it looks just like the real estate market - prices aren't dropping too much, but stuff is sitting. Inevitably that leads to some motivated people reducing the prices, and the cycle starts.

I feel pretty confident that buying any halfway reasonable Rolex at MSRP is not going to hurt anybody, but I sure wouldn't want to be buying grey market at a premium unless it was truly a lifetime keeper and I loved it.

-Mark
I hope it drops even more and you can grab a SS Sub or GMT-II with minimal wait times.
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 11:57 AM   #4118
Old School RS

Thanked 3,956 Times in 1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
I hope it drops even more and you can grab a SS Sub or GMT-II with minimal wait times.
It will be an extremely long time for that. Even if there is no market to flip those watches for a profit, they are desirable models that people like and are attainable pricewise for normal people.

For most people, if they ever got a call to buy (one of) the hottest watches in the world, the John Mayer Daytona, they couldn't pull the trigger - it's over $50,000 CAD with taxes. There may well be a day you can get one of those with a minimal wait, but a $10,500 Oystersteel Sub is going to still be a hot ticket unless the entire world melts down.

-Mark
Old 10-30-2022, 01:55 PM   #4119

I keep hearing they’ll raise prices late this year or if not early next year. Just like the crazy speedy which used to be 5k just 2 years ago, is now a 8-9k watch. That sub is gonna be 12-13 soon I think
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2022, 05:13 AM   #4120

First world problem: Cant decide which watch to bring to cancun next week

Gonna go scuba so a diver seems like a no brainer, but its Mexico and I don't wanna get robbed and or beheaded. Maybe just take the timex ?

Ended up buying this Casio... Seems like a good balance. 100m is more than enough depth as we just going to drift dive
https://www.amazon.ca/Casio-AE-1000W.../dp/B0039YOHI0

Last edited by Badhobz; 11-20-2022 at 05:27 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2022, 09:05 PM   #4121
RS Veteran

Don't you have a Royal Oak or something?

Old 11-20-2022, 10:08 PM   #4122
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Got to see and try on my friends royal oak today for the first time, it's too small. I wonder if people ever get worried about getting robbed or mugged lol.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2022, 04:22 AM   #4123

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Don't you have a Royal Oak or something?
I should have bought that Casio oak, just it wouldn’t come in time before my trip. I got this 31 dollar beast the same day and the battery can last 10 years. Wtf. 48 time zones (tracking 4 at anyone time) with 5 alarms, stop watch, countdown timer, and good water/shock resistance…this little thing is a badass
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2022, 07:50 AM   #4124
RS Veteran

Wow, $32 is awesome! Cheap insurance as to not get kidnapped or beheaded by cartels!

This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2022, 10:41 AM   #4125
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Anyone know how watch resellers dealers get all their watches? I went to a pre-party on the weekend and one of the dudes was like 27 and had like $3M worth of inventory.

I asked what would happen if someone came in and robbed the party and he was like he could get it back same day with a few calls.

My theory is that they're backdooring all the watches or they're buy/reselling for sketchy clients?

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: