REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 11-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #101
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

PNF: Like I said before, some of my financial investments has grown significantly over the years. I did not say I earned my CFA (although that is one of my goals in the future).. as well, one of the requirements to become a CFA is to graduate or close to be graduating university. As for licensing, I am licensed and legally soliciting business.

Marco911: Mortgage and condo is under my name.

To be honest, the things I have earned comes from lots of hard work. I had to learn everything from scratch. Two things that helped me the most are 1) the way I think 2) the people I know. If you guys just spent a bit more time on your mindset and knowing the right people, then what I have achieved shouldn't be much of a surprise to you.

I am not going to argue or make you guys believe what I said. But I can guarantee you that everything I said is 100% legitimate. This will be my last post in this thread since this thread is about what you have achieved in life.. not what stevenwwjd has achieved in life.
Advertisement
stevenwwjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:08 PM   #102
PNF
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally posted by stevenwwjd
PNF: Like I said before, some of my financial investments has grown significantly over the years. I did not say I earned my CFA (although that is one of my goals in the future).. as well, one of the requirements to become a CFA is to graduate or close to be graduating university. As for licensing, I am licensed and legally soliciting business.

Marco911: Mortgage and condo is under my name.

To be honest, the things I have earned comes from lots of hard work. I had to learn everything from scratch. Two things that helped me the most are 1) the way I think 2) the people I know. If you guys just spent a bit more time on your mindset and knowing the right people, then what I have achieved shouldn't be much of a surprise to you.

I am not going to argue or make you guys believe what I said. But I can guarantee you that everything I said is 100% legitimate. This will be my last post in this thread since this thread is about what you have achieved in life.. not what stevenwwjd has achieved in life.
Hey, by all means, I believe, but at least, you need to get your facts straight.

You do not need a Bachelor to apply for CFA, heck, you dont need anything to apply for a CFA. As long as you study the materials to prepare for level 1, you can become a candidate just as soon as you apply for it. So, I am not sure what you're talking about it. I know, because I just wasted my time passing level 1 and I dont think I am going to apply for level 2.

I work in the finance industry and I also conduct research, so it be hard for you to fool me in finance.

I mean, what you said you did is plausible, just not probable as you seem to have very slight idea about value of money and how really investment works (so far at least).

1) the way you think is important, but you dont seem to be able to "show" the way you think. I think there is some communication disconnect here.

2) the people you know. Well, this is very true. I mean, your parents could probably own one of the biggest or one of the brokers here or in Asia for all I know and they could probably give you a head start? I dont know. It's plausible, just maybe not probable.

Well, good for you if what you say is true. I just hope you do more homework before you actually post something that someone might actually know somthing.

Good Luck.

Where All Lusts began....

08' AW E92 335i a few mods.....

01' SBM IS300 - Stock. Still running strong after 9+ years and 235k+ kms!!!
PNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:17 PM   #103
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

have a "career"
making closing to 60g a year
getting bored of my job
want to quit and being my own boss but dont know what to do yet.

it's not really what you make, but finding that balance between money and satisfaction.

rightnow i have a pretty boring job and when u have a boring job you're not really enthusiastic in doing the job. sigh

anyone can be making good money with a little education and commitment to hard work.

it's not how much u make, but how much you can save.
nammerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #104
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

25- i'm pretty satisfied with where i am in life,

graduated 2006 - bsc pharmacy
presently taking my doctorate part-time

full time job at a hospital
bought a house last year
have a dog

have a car and a motorcycle
oh and of course a great bf
fille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:04 PM   #105
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally posted by static
- UBC BA grad
- packed up and left for Shanghai without any family or friends here
- found a job, but now just waiting to get my work visa (got denied the first time)
- yeah =)

Do you work for a chinese company? or Canadian/US company that have operations in Shanghai?

I want to do that, but just the language. I'm mandarin, but can only speak a bit, and no writing or reading abilities.
Nssan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #106
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
-Mid 20's
-Single now, broke up with gf to focus on my schooling and work
-Almost done school, taking courses part time
-working 3 jobs
-still living at home.
-leasing car and own a bike.
-1.5 yrs away from applying for my dream job

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:26 PM   #107
Corny FTW!! MOD

Mid 20s.
Finished my bachelor's with university of victoria.
I realized I was on the wrong path with school.
I went with the focus of going in to a particular profession with the wrong mindset. I wasn't doing it for myself. I wanted to do it for someone else. She then turned around and screwed me over.

Now, Im in a profession that I hate. The pay and job security is the only thing that's keeping me from quitting. That and I have to help the parents out with bills. =/

To the original poster... Everyone goes through speed bumps. In my case, it felt more like a military-grade brick wall. But Im here trying to make the most of my life (or whats left of it). Just keep positive some days will be better than others.

Sponsored by:
Soundsgood

For all your car audio needs!
#3-910 Tupper Avenue
Coquitlam, BC V3K 1A5
Shop: 604-961-8626
www.soundsgoodauto.com

Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Saturday, 9:00 to 6:00
FeistyBearH22a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:20 PM   #108
e-thugger*

i'm 24. almost went to post secondary, but realized having professors telling you about how to do something isn't quite the same as going and actually doing it. worked a job at a datacenter which i thought might turn into a career, until they changed management and fired me. got my priorities in order and now i'm working a labour job to get myself in shape while i launch my own business.
89 CRX D16Y7 swapped
netfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:53 PM   #109
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

well, kinda enjoy reading hypa's article~

me...
- female,
- 25 years old
- working at aviation industry (even tho i studied social science in university...)
- got married last year (won't have baby within 5 years at least i think)
- owned 2-bed room apartment (not brand new tho)
- 2007 subaru and 2000 audi (for hubby)
- a dog (actually its free cuz she was a homeless gal before)
- overall, life doesnt really make sence to me... maybe i still didnt find what i really like and want...fighting everyday, for what?... thats why i always think i am a loser ~_~

Last edited by sowhat; 11-16-2007 at 10:01 PM.
sowhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:00 AM   #110
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,562 Times in 204 Posts
has anyone of you guys had something you honestly enjoyed and passionate about, and because of crappy instructors now hate it so much you never want to see it again?
i'm in that boat, i loved GIS when i did it in university. So i applied for it at BCIT, and luckily got in, apparently like 150 applied and 40 got accepted.
anyways, some idiot had the great idea of compressing a 2 year program into 9 months.
now, we're doing 10 courses a term, and each course has their own corresponding labs.
that workload is pretty much insane, and there's actually no time to learn and we're just following the manual. The instructors are completely useless, often we'd ask them a question and their reply would be go look at help.
fuck you, i wouldn't need you to teach me if i could learn it from help.

now i completely hate the field and want to do something else, my dilemma, go back and help the family business, say screw it and go back to school for something i like, or rough it out and hope the working world is nothing like the environment i'm in now.
IfUCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #111
My homepage has been set to RS

-im 19
-go to SFU, 2nd year MBB
-in process of transfering/waiting to get in to pharmacy
-bought a car and insurance by myself
-bus to school to save money
-still live at home
-have a fish
-single, wouldnt mind a partner
-volunteering at the hospital
-just finished 7 years of Air cadets
-got my pilot & gliding licence
-currently a glider instructor for air cadets
-goals are to get into pharmacy then med school to be a doctor
-backup is transfer in the air force for Pilot

MY FEEDBACK
jimzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:35 PM   #112
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

lol damn some ppl here did a lot in a short amount of time...

Last edited by Kamui712; 08-11-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:10 AM   #113
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

im 19 and never finished high school. i was working at a call centre for a couple years but i felt like my life was just idiling so i quit and got a new job where i make lots of money and work when i want. i had a nice car but i crashed it so now i drive my moms cavalier:P i help my mom with the rent and throw her money here and there so my bro and sis can eat. the plan is to make a couple million dollars then invest that into a company. if only i could stop partying so much lol
billboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:12 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally posted by marco712
lol damn some ppl here did a lot in a short amount of time...
imho, your story is more worthwhile than all the other 'success' stories posted here
random_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:17 AM   #115
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

i turned 22 this year. highschool grad. living at home at the moment, possibly moving out by jan. 08'. i bought my first brand new car last year, an 06 chrysler 300. i work as a logistics co-ordinator for a bi-folding door hardware/weatherstripping company located in burnaby.

im pretty stupid so i highly doubt i'd find myself back in school for anything. i might just be a bum when i grow up. i hear some people make good money asking for change. :S

AKA >>> 9!.t3g

pharma_joe@hotmail.com

-Joel
JN06300T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:10 PM   #116
My homepage has been set to RS

I just turned 21...like a few minutes ago lol

I graduated in 2004 and ended up at capilano college. I originally intended to transfer into UBC sciences, but always felt odd about my major. It was easy for me to get good grades. I managed to maintain a high average easily throughout my first 3 semesters at capilano and i was taking Calculus, physics, biology, and chemistry.

I finally figured out, after wasting 2 years at capilano, that I seriously dislike sciences. I have an interest in it, but I wouldn't be happy majoring in it.

I dropped out of school in January of this year. I spent the past 11 months wondering what i should do, and it finally hit me. I should go for what I love.

I have picked a major that will one day cause me to live in a cardboard box. I am now an English major. I hope to become a high school english teacher, and I also plan to teach in my hometown (Shanghai).

I just need to stop typing like a bloody idiot when i'm online lol

I have a shitty job. easy, but the pay is pure shit. I live at home, and mooch off my parents. I will do so until I get married. Yay for being a Chinese girl.

I have a bf. it's been 6 months, so it's still a new relationship. not sure of what will happen, but i remain optimistic.

I think i'm a bit behind compared to my friends. it seriously stresses me out at times, but it's not too late. At least i know what I want to do now.

and happy birthday to me. I wish i were 16. not 21.

T.T
Old 11-19-2007, 12:19 AM   #117
Need my Daily Fix of RS

if ur still in ur 20's ur still plenty young, especially if your a guy and in ur low 20's.

after highschool and university i really didnt have any goals myself. except for 1 goal, that was to make my first million before i hit age 30. i got there at age 26, and now i am working on my only goal which is to make a million and save it, instead of wasting it away on anything and everything. toys are fun, but in the end, its not worth spending all that money on useless stuff, i guess as long as it makes u happy its ok, but now i have to work all over again to save for the future.
=\
Old 11-19-2007, 03:53 AM   #118
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
What did you do the make a million by 26? I can't even imagine getting close to that.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:45 AM   #119
Need my Daily Fix of RS

i worked hard everyday ... and i basically had no vacation except for a couple 1-2 day breaks from when i was 20-26yrs old. i worked on many various projects and joint business ventures with many people. all i did really was just organize a whole lot of stuff and manage a lot of people and projects and set people up with other people for joint business ventures. sorta like what a consultant would do, but also did whatever projects came up. from making websites to renovating houses to managing people. there isnt much i cant do or find u the right person to get something done if i cant help u myself.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:11 AM   #120
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I'm 22, almost 23.
My parents are kind to let me go back to living at home after finishing pharmacy this past year.

Currently, my goals are to pay off my debt in < 2 years, and save enough for a DP on a condo in White Rock, plus opening costs. I'm just happy to be done school and on my way to a more stable life instead of living paycheck to paycheck.

Oh yeah, that and play a shitload of golf.
pharmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #121
Banned (BBM)

mmmm.

-crappy high school marks, manage to graduate college 2 years in toronto for IT.
-started workign in IT for 11bux/hour first year of college
-second year of college, 15 bucks an hour part time. graduated at 2years, contract salary at 45k
-contract not renewed..i was 22. so no job.
-a week or two later, i left canada to travel europe/south east asia and teach english/computers for 1 year. had relatives in a couple countrys i visited though
-while traveling, my old work emails me to offer me a full time position (non contract.) I accept, cut my travels short and head back to toronto after 6 months of traveling.
-work 5 months @ 45k/year. quit because i wasnt happy with the job.
-went on vacation 2 months in south-east asia
-decided to relocate, originally planning to head to calgary, mom suggested vancouver since my sister was here.
-been in van 6 months, 52k/year (IT work,) 23 years old.

im okay i think.

future plans/goals:
-vancouver for 2-3 years.
-get some more experience/credentials for my field of work.
-during 2-3 years. save for traveling.
-travel for about a year
-back to van, mail my belongings to toronto
-road trip on a motorcycle from the west coast back home to toronto, stopping off at major cities
-move back to toronto. settle down. gotta get married one day and have some kids. haha.

on the side note, i dont want to work the rest of my life. no plans as of yet, but hopefully some side projects will change that.

edit: oh i think the biggest accomplishment was I didn't use any of my parents money. school, traveling was all done through my own self.

Last edited by lol FAIL; 04-10-2009 at 11:12 PM.
lol FAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #122
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Going on 21. I'm going to graduate with a BA in Crim next April and hopefully continuing on to law school. I know I want to do either corporate or criminal law, it's just where that I don't know. I've worked hard since I was 16, learned what a good work ethic meant, learned the value of a dollar, learned how to save, and money has never been a problem since. I've bought my past two cars and am looking at keeping my current one long term. My parents have always worked to provide for the family, often wearing themselves out, and I will never forget that. I wouldn't be the person I am today, in body or mind, without them. I know where I want to be, where I want to go, and how to get there. God willing, I'll make it.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #123

This thread is funny lol, i must contruibute to this, droped out of highschool in grade 10 im 20 now. Family was really harshed so for like a year i just bumbed around pretending i was in school but really wasn't. Now I just sit my ass at home and do nothing. Not goona go school no more and not goona try cause ive done that like at least 20 times but failed everytime so now im just gonna die in my bed and hope ill be rich in hell or heaven hopefully hahaah. If anyone want to help me out feel free to spare some change or get me a freaken job
xh3atyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #124
I subscribe to Revscene

-slacked in highschool and first few years at Langara...finally got motivation and finished up a BA in Psych and Crim at the end of 2007 at SFU
-worked at IT support for 2 years while in university but had to cut it short because contract was over
-got a job in mental health as a casual for 1 year and actively job seeking and soul searching for a new career path
-dating my girlfriend for 8 years and going strong and will plan to marry her in the near future
-great friends
-driving an old acura and living at home getting by paycheque by paycheque
-no savings, in debt $30k from student loans
-not in shape but actively seeking ice time on my time off

im reaching a huge dillemma in my life where i dont know if i should pursue what i studied anymore....I dont seem to be making any hits with social services agencies. Since working in the mental health field, i dont see myself as a front line worker

thinking of getting into offender case management (probation officer) but some gay reason I can't get a level 5 in LPI (yes laugh...i know). If that doesnt work out then I might suck it up and get into trades or go back to school (hopefully IT or networking support). Hoping to get a good paying job and finally pay off student loans and put down payment on an apartment but I haven't had the motivation to do anything lately

Last edited by DA9ve; 08-02-2009 at 12:39 PM.
DA9ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #125
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

-Living at home
-Work for the family business, $16/hr.
-Own 2 vehicles.
-Highschool grad, brutal transcript.
-Sitting on 5k usually

goal is to move out by the end of October, quit my job unless I get more hours, sell both vehicles and buy a nice little pickup.
Island_Yota is offline   Reply With Quote