REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 09-22-2007, 01:29 AM   #51
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Banning the shirt just makes it that more gangster and doesn’t solve anything in my opinion. I wear my CA stuff on occasion and I’ve got nothing but complements but I was told that clubs in Downtown have banned CA stuff. It doesn’t really bug me because I wouldn’t wear my CA stuff to a club anyways. And talking about banning clothing, I remember back in the days everyone was rocking those flashy gold/silver medusa Versace belts with rhinestones and I remember our principle trying to ban them because they were associated with ‘drug’ dealers.
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:17 PM   #52
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by dusk2dawn
im assuming this is the same for dom rebel as well?
anyways btw does anyone know where you can get tapout clothing?
Dom Rebel is by far my favorite brand in the whole world, it tops everything and comes with a great price tag
Old 09-25-2007, 06:41 PM   #53
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

clubs in Van banning Affliction/ Ed Hardy, etc.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...ade788&k=69749

What do you guys think, lol...I personally, being young, Asian, male, short, and built....specifically do not buy these brands for fear of being labelled a gangster lol
Old 09-25-2007, 08:16 PM   #54
VLS Head Mod

threads merged
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:18 AM   #55
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Excellent response from the VPD;

"Our members know who the gangsters are simply by their experiences in dealing with them," Chow said.

"I think that's a very dangerous road to go down when you start identifying people simply by clothing and setting them out because of that."
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:36 AM   #56
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

so there's all these idiots saying "what's banning gonna do? OMG MY RIGHTS ARE VIOLATED!!!"

then there are folks who work at clubs in the downtown core specifically saying "THIS IS CUTTING DOWN ON THE FUCKING BULLSHIT".

i think i'll take their word over some punk kid who wears overpriced garbage only because everyone else is wearing it, so I GOTTA GET MINE TOO.

fucking sheep.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:40 AM   #57
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

That's pretty funny that Vancouver is trying to legislate taste.

Punks in Vancouver have zero class or fashion sense whatsoever. Everytime I step into a club in Vancouver, I snicker at these punks thinking they're hardcore with their shitty gangster-style clothing.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:37 AM   #58
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally posted by Marco911
That's pretty funny that Vancouver is trying to legislate taste.

Punks in Vancouver have zero class or fashion sense whatsoever. Everytime I step into a club in Vancouver, I snicker at these punks thinking they're hardcore with their shitty gangster-style clothing.
So out of curiosity, what does Marco911 wear if he were to go clubbing?
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:30 AM   #59
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
^
Probably clothes that don't have their logo/brand plastered all over the front.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:21 PM   #60
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally posted by Cman333

porsche label attire only
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:46 PM   #61
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot Karl

i think i'll take their word over some punk kid who wears overpriced garbage

you sound like a punk kid yourself.
CHAD_the_GREAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:34 PM   #62
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot Karl
so there's all these idiots saying "what's banning gonna do? OMG MY RIGHTS ARE VIOLATED!!!"

then there are folks who work at clubs in the downtown core specifically saying "THIS IS CUTTING DOWN ON THE FUCKING BULLSHIT".

i think i'll take their word over some punk kid who wears overpriced garbage only because everyone else is wearing it, so I GOTTA GET MINE TOO.

fucking sheep.
BAAAAWWWWWWWWW

You're so non-conformist, /wrists

If you haven't already noticed, it's a ridiculous ban. It is disputed not because it restricts our freedom to wear what everyone else does, but instead because it's not a logically sound means of curbing gang activity in downtown clubs, and is heavily based on stereotypes. What if "gang A" simply decide not to wear "gang-related" clothing when going clubbing, or trends change?

Last edited by yuusha; 09-26-2007 at 11:35 PM.
yuusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:19 AM   #63
RS controls my life!

^Re-visit the issue? I am in favor, but seems like a quickfix kind of issue....They (Barwatch, VPD, BIA) need to get/fine another proactive way to curb gang crime (or any violent crime in the downtown core for that matter), but it's somewhat a step in the right direction.
l2_narain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:05 AM   #64
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by min.tee
BAAAAWWWWWWWWW

You're so non-conformist, /wrists

If you haven't already noticed, it's a ridiculous ban. It is disputed not because it restricts our freedom to wear what everyone else does, but instead because it's not a logically sound means of curbing gang activity in downtown clubs, and is heavily based on stereotypes. What if "gang A" simply decide not to wear "gang-related" clothing when going clubbing, or trends change?
Man are you unable to read what 3-4 people that actually work in bars have actually said?
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:17 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally posted by Cman333
Quote:
Originally posted by Gumby
^
Probably clothes that don't have their logo/brand plastered all over the front.

That is exactly right. My clothes don't have any overt labels over them, but if you have a good eye for quality or fashion, they are the shit.

I would say that 95% of my wardrobe is European orgin (not just by brand but manufacturing location), either Italy, France, Switzerland, or U.K. By brand, 98% would be European origin. For me, material quality is 60% of the garment and cut the other 40%. It is rare to find a good article of clothing made in the 3rd world. My hoodies are Rudolf Dassler Sport - that's high-end PUMA and still made in Italy - Good luck finding that in Canada.

I travel quite a bit so I'm lucky that I get to shop in cities (London, Munich, Zurich, Hong Kong, Chicago) where you can find great clothes that you can't find in Vancouver or Canada for that matter.

If I go clubbing, I'm usually in jeans (Dolce&Gabbanna/Valentino/Costume Nationale); collared Dolce&Gabbanna shirts/J.Lindeberg polos. Vintage racing Dunhill leather jackets.

Last edited by Marco911; 09-27-2007 at 08:43 AM.
Marco911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:18 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally posted by MajinHurricane
Man are you unable to read what 3-4 people that actually work in bars have actually said?
If you're going to argue then at least type something worth reading.

Did I ever say that it wasn't working? I may not have been clear in my previous post, so let me rephrase that.

Sure, the ban is working right now and that's all fine and well. But what happens when trends change, and when gangs follow a different dress code? What if the stereotype on which these bans are based on suddenly change? In Narain's words, it's a quick fix at best, and they need to get working on a better idea.

Now originally hot karl was calling people 'fucking sheep' because they were complaining about how they can't wear their trendy clothes and that their rights were violated, calling them 'punk kids' for whining. However, I clearly stated that this isn't the fucking point which most people here on RS were making. I think you're the one who's unable to read.

Inaii said that it's the 'wannabe gangsters getting into fights over stupid shit' that are being kept out because of this ban. Sure that's keeping the kiddies out for now, but isn't the goal of this ban to curb REAL gang activity, and not little wannabes?
Old 09-27-2007, 07:42 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally posted by Marco911
That is exactly right. My clothes don't have any overt labels over them, but if you have a good eye for quality or fashion, they are the shit.

I would say that 95% of my wardrobe is European orgin (not just by brand but manufacturing location), either Italy, France, Switzerland, or U.K. By brand, 98% would be European origin. For me, material quality is 60% of the garment and cut the other 40%. It is rare to find a good article of clothing made in the 3rd world. My hoodies are Rudolf Dassler Sport - that's high-end PUMA and still made in Italy - Good luck finding that in Canada.

I travel quite a bit so I'm lucky that I get to shop in cities (London, Munich, Zurich, Hong Kong, Chicago) where you can find great clothes that you can't find in Vancouver or Canada for that matter.

If I go clubbing, I'm usually in jeans (Dolce&Gabbanna/Valentino/Costume Nationale); collared Dolce&Gabbanna shirts/J.Lindeberg polos. Vintage racing Dunhill leather jackets.
dude how old are you? ...what is the point of wearing such expensive and quality clothing?....if anything, it decreases your chances of getting laid with any women under the age of 30....what's the point if only YOU and the other dude in the bar that looks like Versace's boyfriend knows its quality?

Last edited by [ jay ]; 09-27-2007 at 07:43 PM.
[ jay ] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:45 PM   #68
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally posted by MajinHurricane
what, you guys don't think they're just gonna come back in a week or two wearing different shirts?!?
CHAD_the_GREAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:48 PM   #69
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally posted by [ jay ]
dude how old are you? ...what is the point of wearing such expensive and quality clothing?....if anything, it decreases your chances of getting laid with any women under the age of 30....what's the point if only YOU and the other dude in the bar that looks like Versace's boyfriend knows its quality?
wow, you're a complete idiot.

whats the point of wearing quality??? are you serious?
your answer is in the question. "quality and expensive" clothing is EXACTLY what marco said it was... garment and cut. better/more expensive fabrics look and fit better than your $14 gap t-shirt. true, maybe not all 20somethings know what valentino is, but i can guarantee you they know that it looks and fits better than the $90 guess jeans you and 13 other guys in the bar are wearing. i swear by james pearce t-shirts. the cheapest i've ever seen them is $69 (but generally over the $120 mark), and although i know in the grand scheme of things, $70 isnt very much, i'll tell you i get cruised a lot more than when i was 18, wearing the bullshit you apparently think is good enough to get the job done.

there's an age old addage "the clothes make the man". learn it.

-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
she's a whore. you're a loser.
in the garage:
'05 Dodge Ram 2500
'06 BMW 530i
'08 Chevy Equinox LT

Last edited by the_rickster; 09-27-2007 at 09:50 PM.
the_rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:57 PM   #70

^ uh ok....so you 2 can go pick up your golddigging materialistic hoes in your fancy clothes...and I'll stick to my down to earth girls that know how to have fun, thanks...agreed?

Last edited by [ jay ]; 09-27-2007 at 09:58 PM.
[ jay ] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:04 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally posted by [ jay ]
^ uh ok....so you 2 can go pick up your golddigging materialistic hoes in your fancy clothes...and I'll stick to my down to earth girls that know how to have fun, thanks...agreed?
Wait.

So following your train of though, it's the shitty clothing that has brand/designer names plastered all over it that gets down to earth girls? And it's the expensive-yet-logo-less clothes (which nobody but you and the other guy knows the quality of) that call all the golddiggers?

I think you're confused. Take deep breaths, step away from the keyboard for five minutes and cool off, I can see from your avatar that you're obviously in heat or just flaming gay.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:09 AM   #72
Banned (BBM)

which store in Van sells Ed hardy?
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:33 AM   #73
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by the_rickster
there's an age old addage "the clothes make the man". learn it.
I really feel sorry for you and marco. You guys are seriously that pathetic that you need to spend hundreds of dollars on a t-shirt to make you who you are? Sad. Just fucken sad.

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:09 AM   #74

I was shopping at Breuniger (German equivalent of Holt Renfrew) in Stuttgart yesterday evening. I ran across some Ed Hardy stuff, so I thought I'd take a closer look. Guess what folks? Ed Hardy makes most of their clothes in "PRC!" Now most idiots buying Ed Hardy probably don't know what "PRC" stands for - People's Republic of China. Their tees are made in the USA, but I doubt they'd be that way for very long. That means they're just a marketing machine for overpriced clothes that costs peanuts to make, takes 3 mts of lead time to deliver, and are made in large lot sizes, so you'd likely see two gangbangers wearing the same hoodie. You'd be a moron to pay >$100 for a pair of Ed Hardy jeans that is made in China.

edit: Oh yeah, their clothing quality is the typical low-end crap you get out of China.

Last edited by Marco911; 09-28-2007 at 11:15 AM.
Marco911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:22 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally posted by SkinnyPupp
I really feel sorry for you and marco. You guys are seriously that pathetic that you need to spend hundreds of dollars on a t-shirt to make you who you are? Sad. Just fucken sad.
Then get the fuck out of the fashion forum. People who love fashion know the pleasure that looking great and having a sense of style can bring. It feels great to wear a nice light cashmere sweater, or walk around in handcrafted shoes made the traditional way. I just got a pair made by John Lobb, (www.johnlobb.com) and I have had so many compliments on them.