REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Local Ghost Stories (https://www.revscene.net/forums/497186-local-ghost-stories.html)

NinjaAceYork 10-12-2010 02:23 PM

Before I married my wife, she used to tell me stories about her room at her old house via burnaby.. There were nights where she would wake up in the middle of the night and her computer chair would be facing her and some shadowy figure would be sitting on it staring at her.. now this happens quite a few times so she'd be sleeping facing the other way most of the time.. But there are a few times she'd wake up facing the other way and the shadowy figure is there. That's not even the worst part.. the worst part is that her brother sees the same thing around the house.. They would switch room but the same shit goes on.. Freaky.. i did sleep over there once.. scared as shit i asked her if we could leave the night light on lolz..

My grandma died a few years back.. My mom is pretty religious so she prays at a certain time.. one time she was praying, all the windows were closed it was winter.. it was upstairs in her room, but the door was open.. She was praying when all of a sudden, the door behind her slams shut.. keep it mind the only way it could close is from the inside of the room.. and again there were no wind 'cause all the windows were shut.. she felt chills while she was praying and got scared shitless she ran downstairs to tell my dad. Our house was built by my grandpa way way way back in the day..

Every summer, for about 6 years or so (when i lived with my parents), i'd be all alone in the house while my parents are at work.. My parents have the attic and they always leave it locked. I'd hear footsteps upstairs.. like heavy footsteps every now and then, and this is in the freaking morning to afternoon.. The first few times i thought my dad had migraine and he stayed at home.. but just to make sure, one time i called out for him but no answer, and just to be even sure i called my mom and asked if dad was home sick.. she said no.. after that, i pretty much had to get out of the house.. I eventually got used to it.. but i moved out partly coz of that shit lol..

Girl 10-19-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 6074535)
There use to be a HUGE (20+ page) ghost story thread in VLS General Chat but it got pruned or lost :(

http://www.revscene.net/forums/any-g...=Ghost+Stories

Don't see a lot of stories in this one...

http://www.revscene.net/forums/ghost...s-t429509.html
This one has the shoe tree legend.

Girl 10-19-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 6324597)
does anyone know the story of the shoe tree or somthing like that?

http://www.gamestown2010.ca/media/co...m/shoetree.jpg

Presto 10-19-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo E (Post 7142050)
Dunno if you guys heard of this one but:

This guy has a sister, who sleeps very light. One night some one climbs in to her window trying to snatch her people up.

It's okay, that guy is so dumb. really dumb- fo' real. I heard they gon find him, so run and tell that.

jstn86 10-19-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto (Post 7151717)
It's okay, that guy is so dumb. really dumb- fo' real. I heard they gon find him, so run and tell that.

He don't have to confess

But we better hide our kids, hide our wives and hell, hide our husbands too

ShanghaiKid 10-19-2010 06:03 PM

becaawww they rapin err'body out here

tegz 10-19-2010 09:05 PM

This one night I went to bed at 9am after a long night of getting high off certain substances (non-hallucinogenic)...

Anyway amidst my sleep I wake up and see a black figure hovering at the top corner of my room... It came closer, closer, closerrrr until it was right in front of my face and I still couldnt make out it's figure... It was kind of like a girl with long hair and a black witch suit on with no face and its whole body was smokey...

I realized I wasn't breathing and I couldn't move.. then I remembered about how sleep paralysis was sometimes referred to as ghosts invading u in your sleep...

anyway I was shit scared so I closed my eyes and went back to sleep and woke up and tried my best to forget that never happened and life goes by =)

tegz 10-19-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSALES (Post 6324945)
isn't hollow tree in stanley park supposedly haunted? someone tell me if this is true or not..

yea lol i went inside with a few friends nothing happened but it felt weird. 100% sure that was my mind playing tricks on me though..

i find it really really hard to believe in ghost stories

SlowRider 10-19-2010 09:49 PM

2 summers ago , for around 2 weeks straight..i had Sleep paralysis , but what really happen in my sleep was always this sudden weight would hit me and my bed in my sleep..you can physically feel and hear the bed and your body get pressed down by something and whatever this dark spirit was doing , it was holding down both my arms and hands and i was fighting to break free...and i can see "not physically" but mentally this evil spirit was rising out of my lower mid section of my body and holding me down and staring me in the eyes... but i would move my head up and always break free of its hold.
then the dam thing would suddenly freak out and shoot itself down back into my lower stomach area and disapear......

always by this things appearance was a very deep evil feeling and i never felt something so un-holy..its presence was very vivid of darkness.. a vey powerfull presence and feeling unlike anything normal.

go figure..... this really happened

Windstar 10-19-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenmecar (Post 6649918)
That is a buddhist temple for as long as I can remember. I dont know exactly when the haunting began or ended, I have heard of it though. I go there when i was a kid every Saturday. This is at least 12 years ago, when i was 8 or so. Everyone has to wear a gray robe there. Its uncomfortable, especially around the shoulder and neck. X.x

All we did was play games with friends, watch movies, eat a free dinner, listen to the elders tells stories. I never noticed anything strange or weird. I don't go there often anymore since I entered Gr 11 in high school. Maybe a couple times a year on special occasions.

That temple turned me into a vegetarian with their beliefs, and I still am a vegetarian lol! Yea I heard they scared the ghosts away and turned it into a temple because no one wanted to purchase the house after that.

Razor Ramon HG 10-19-2010 10:44 PM

^

Is this the temple on Fraser?

Windstar 10-19-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG (Post 7152525)
^

Is this the temple on Fraser?

No this is the haunted Kind Edward and Cambie house. And elder always lives there everyday to watch the house. I used to go there every Saturday and we would enjoy veggie dinners, listen to Buddhist stories, pray, etc. We used to have cool people hang out there but now were all in university or have other jobs.

If I went there today, they will still recognize me and be like "Omg long time no see! How have you been?"
It's a policy to bow to your elders and stuff.

If you guys are curious, I can even draw you a layout of the entire house. But I have never once experienced anything unusual happen inside the temple. I bet I can even find my mug shot looking picture in there library still.

JSALES 10-20-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl (Post 7151682)

i wanna see that haha

guddagudd 10-20-2010 07:24 PM

When I was small, my parents would drop me off at my uncle's house because they needed to run errands. Every time I am there, my uncle would always warn me not to go down the basement. Well one time my aunt was out, and my uncle was on the phone and I quickly snuck into the basement. I took a quick glance around and I did not see anything, so I didn't know why my uncle didn't want me to go in there. As I left the basement and I closed the door I could hear a laugh behind me. When I heard that, the hair on the back of my neck raised. But before I could do anything, my uncle came to me and I had to act nonchalant because I didn't want to get into trouble.

Later my mom picked me up and brought me back home. Later that night when I was in bed I heard the same laugh again and I told my mom, then my mom got scared and said you're moving with your auntie and uncle in Belair.

tegz 10-20-2010 07:44 PM

LoL after reading this thread last night I watched Stigmata (1999/1998) -- by the way if you haven't watched it yet I strongly suggest you do, awesome movie!! -- and The Ruins to freak myself out 'cuz the thread put me in the mood rofl...

I didn't feel scared until today, when I went for a swim and I was alone in the dark pool at about 8pm (way past sunset, right?) and I was about halfway through the 25m lane and it hit me... I read scary stories last night and I feel ghosts around meeeh!!, so I stopped after 6 laps rather than my usual 45... screw u RS, u make me skip out on my daily cardio!!!!

twitchyzero 10-20-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6644030)
At CFB Esquimalt, there is a small little subsection of it known as Albert head. Named because apparently it was shaped like Prince Albert's head. Personally, I don't see it but I digress. There is a little background history with Albert Head (I'll just abbreviate it AH from now on). Back when there was small pox and the disease was killing people left right and center, the government used AH as a quarantine centre for the disease. So if you had small pox, your ass was getting sent to AH. This is a known fact and at first, I was a little skeptical to believe it but there is clear cut proof and not to mention, I found a small graveyard down by the water front. There was 3-5 grave stones and they are pretty badly deteriorated but for 3 of them, you can clearly see what it says. It was for the victims of smallpox and their names.

I was at albert head for 2 summers..good thing i never see anything. But yeah I did see the 3 smallpox graves..crazy.

Ch28 10-21-2010 03:08 AM

I'm in Taiwan right now and we're staying at my friend's place. Her apartment is a small one and each floor only has 1 apartment. There's a small elevator that takes you to each floor and a tight set of stairs. When you reach the top of each flight of stairs you'll have the elevator in front of you, the apartment door to your right and a window to your left with the next flight of stairs.

My friend went to bed around 1ish this morning and I usually stay up until 3ish to catch up on my tv shows and to check my email.

I was checking my email and listening to music with 1 earphone in my right ear with the front door facing me. I hear this loud animal chirping and I just assumed its the lizards crawling around so I thought nothing of it. I hear it again a couple of minutes later and I look straight at the front door and the gap between the floor and the door. I see nothing so I continue doing what I'm doing and think nothing of it.

This morning I told my friend about the noise and she told me that is the doorbell. I start freaking out because it means somebody or something had to be pressing the doorbell at different intervals this morning. I also didn't hear any foot steps outside the door.

Fuuuu

hypercube 07-07-2011 06:58 PM

fml i just went thru 10 pages of this thread... gonna have some nightmares tonight

TOPEC 07-07-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypercube (Post 7503924)
fml i just went thru 10 pages of this thread... gonna have some nightmares tonight

if ur gonna have nightmares just by reading about ghost stories then y did u finish reading all 10 pages, let alone bump an old thread with nothing to contribute

AlphaKappa 07-07-2011 07:26 PM

okay this isn't my story but it was one of my english teachers

He moved in with his buddies into an apartment in Vancouver one day and after he settled down and stoped packing they decided to watch TV. All of a sudden the tv shut off, and everyone kept cool except my english teacher, he was like ":seriously:, you guys are pranking me the first day i come here? Anyways, his buddies told him that it was a ghost, and if he shuts off the tv they'd have to listen. My teacher was still thinking like "yea right..". He put the tv on again and then a few moments later all the lights in the apartment go out. He checks to see if any of his friends were at the lightswitches or power line, but they weren't.. He still didn't fall for it and was a skeptic. A few days later however, he was in the apartment by himself and decided to take a bath with some lit candles. Couple of minutes in, all the candles which were on shelves were scooped into the way, and he said there was no way they could just fall like that. After that he screamed, "YES I BELIEVE IN YOU, NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!". So he told us afterwards the ghost didn't bother him anymore.. btw coolest teacher ever, and cliffhanger can agree :D

twitchyzero 07-07-2011 07:28 PM

maybe he's gathering some stories to tell for his camping trips?

- kT 07-08-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6644030)
At CFB Esquimalt, there is a small little subsection of it known as Albert head. Named because apparently it was shaped like Prince Albert's head. Personally, I don't see it but I digress. There is a little background history with Albert Head (I'll just abbreviate it AH from now on). Back when there was small pox and the disease was killing people left right and center, the government used AH as a quarantine centre for the disease. So if you had small pox, your ass was getting sent to AH. This is a known fact and at first, I was a little skeptical to believe it but there is clear cut proof and not to mention, I found a small graveyard down by the water front. There was 3-5 grave stones and they are pretty badly deteriorated but for 3 of them, you can clearly see what it says. It was for the victims of smallpox

We were beginning to leave when another loud bang happened. It was right to left side and I looked right away. A closed locker that tried to open and shut itself. I thought someone was inside the locker and we got the combos and opened it. No one was inside. At this point I was thinking.. Wtf is going on? We looked awkwardly at each other and decided to leave. On the way out, the lockers around us would bang as if it was chasing us out. We booked it and never looked back. In fact, we didn't tell anyone about it thinking everyone would think that we're crazy. What ended up happening was that we decided to do some research on our down time and looked up the old quarantine centre.

Which barrack is this, one of the H blocks? Ive been to alberthead too, in fact i have a bunch of friends there right now staffing. When i staffed there we'd be briefed about the gravestones and to not touch them. AH is a bit of a fucked up place for sure. Heard a lot of stories about a haunted HBlock, but never personally seen anything

At the back where the grenade range is, if you go out tpward the waterfront, theres some HIGH ass island mountain thing. On top of it, there is the shell of a car that is completely burnt to the metal. How the fuck did it get there?
Posted via RS Mobile

CP.AR 07-08-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - kT (Post 7504707)
Which barrack is this, one of the H blocks? Ive been to alberthead too, in fact i have a bunch of friends there right now staffing. When i staffed there we'd be briefed about the gravestones and to not touch them. AH is a bit of a fucked up place for sure. Heard a lot of stories about a haunted HBlock, but never personally seen anything

At the back where the grenade range is, if you go out tpward the waterfront, theres some HIGH ass island mountain thing. On top of it, there is the shell of a car that is completely burnt to the metal. How the fuck did it get there?
Posted via RS Mobile

Heard a lot of stories about Albert head...

I went there for basic way back in Summer 2002. I remember the flight staff telling us stories of the place (including the chasing locker door story as CRS tells). We went back to the barracks, and everyone freaked out because they saw a pulsating red light on the floor... turns it out was the beacon atop the radio tower that shined through our barracks window....

benwang 10-05-2011 07:31 PM

anymore?

CRS 10-05-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benwang (Post 7602941)
anymore?

Thanks for your contributions in bumping this thread.