REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Local Ghost Stories (https://www.revscene.net/forums/497186-local-ghost-stories.html)

noventa 10-06-2011 03:27 PM

there is this great free podcast on itunes by Lex Wahls called "Anything Ghost" It is usually around an hour long and during that time, he will read on air the ghost stories that people have submitted to him. He supplements his reading with some creepy music that he makes. check it out!

Ch28 08-11-2014 07:14 PM

Came across this link with a bunch of old school ghost stories from a CBC Radio show back in the 80s. Figured this thread was due for a bump

We tracked down that ?Spine Tingling? audio from #CBC! ? Vancouver Is Awesome

Mr.Money 08-12-2014 04:26 PM

do alien/ufo stories count??....i can tell you one when i met these crazy fuckers...believe it or not.

MG1 08-12-2014 05:16 PM

Alien stories? Did someone say alien stories?

Okay, every time I wake up from a deep sleep, I have this mark on my chest. It is a deep dent in the right side chest area. It is a perfect circle and just right of the little patch of chest hairs I have, lol.

Anyway, it looks like I slept on a button or something. I basically sleep in the raw, so no explanation to this mysterious mark. If I do my naps, the mark is not there. Some of you may remember I suffer from sleep paralysis, so I try to avoid long deep sleep.

Sometimes I wAnder if I have been abducted by aliens a la CIC style.

mmvito 08-13-2014 12:06 AM

Not my story and not local but its all over the news. Saw it on CNN.

Pretty creepy

'Hanover, Pennsylvania haunted house's ghost attacks news crew | Mail Online

I have lots of scary stories but I would share later. It's 1 AM and I want to to be able to sleep

murd0c 08-13-2014 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8515795)
do alien/ufo stories count??....i can tell you one when i met these crazy fuckers...believe it or not.

Post them here

http://www.revscene.net/forums/64244...verage-12.html

murd0c 05-27-2015 02:48 PM

This was just written a week ago and is local so if you like ghost stories read this, its long but worth it

I Quit Teaching Because Of This Terrifying Incident. I?ve Never Told Anyone About It Until Now. | Thought Catalog

Hondaracer 05-27-2015 04:01 PM

That story is all BS, we know people who were taught by the guy as well as taught with him. He's a comedian now or somthing and they said that was an urban legend for as long as they could remember far before he was around.

The school in question is Van Tech

murd0c 05-27-2015 04:12 PM

Of course its a complete hoax but its still a great story

nns 05-27-2015 04:14 PM

I read it. Don't buy that it actually happened.

Eatman 05-27-2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8641286)
That story is all BS, we know people who were taught by the guy as well as taught with him. He's a comedian now or somthing and they said that was an urban legend for as long as they could remember far before he was around.

The school in question is Van Tech

He taught at Van Tech?
Because he taught me at Templeton.

CRS 05-27-2015 06:06 PM

I don't remember a Paul Bae at Van Tech.

Fcukedd 05-27-2015 06:28 PM

It's Templeton. Friend read it and can visualize every part of the school described in the story.

I don't doubt the legend, but story is obviously written in a way to intrigue the reader...most likely fake

dragondragon99 05-27-2015 07:21 PM

ghost town at downtown east side. i woke them up for a time period. everything started smelling. must be magic or ghosts

dvst8 05-28-2015 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragondragon99 (Post 8641367)
ghost town at downtown east side. i woke them up for a time period. everything started smelling. must be magic or ghosts

Or shit on your face.

multicartual 05-28-2015 09:41 AM

Did I ever mention when I saw a floating black ball at Hycroft Manor?

It was fucked up

I used to go on "paranormal investigations"

Probably went on about 50-60 of them... 99.9999% of the time nothing happened and it was pretty boring but there were a couple times where odd things did occur.

willystyle 05-28-2015 09:43 AM

^ You should hit up Riverview Hospital. ;)

Spoon 05-28-2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8641261)
This was just written a week ago and is local so if you like ghost stories read this, its long but worth it

I Quit Teaching Because Of This Terrifying Incident. I?ve Never Told Anyone About It Until Now. | Thought Catalog

I liked it.

Don't really care if there's any truth to it or not; these are ghost stories afterall. :rukidding:

GLOW 05-28-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8641561)
I used to go on "paranormal investigations"

new fetish genre for your website? :troll: :ilied: :ifyouknow: :badpokerface:

FYI - left4head has already been done :whistle:

Verdasco 05-29-2015 01:16 AM

ill come back when its not 2am...

Presto 10-28-2015 07:56 PM

With Halloween around the corner, I'm running into a lot more scary stories. Here's one from creepypasta that I could believe happening in real life, and be freaky as fuck:

Quote:

The Smiling Man
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j4...psf8dgypz8.jpg

About five years ago I lived downtown in a major city in the US. I've always been a night person, so I would often find myself bored after my roommate, who was decidedly not a night person, went to sleep. To pass the time, I used to go for long walks and spend the time thinking.

I spent four years like that, walking alone at night, and never once had a reason to feel afraid. I always used to joke with my roommate that even the drug dealers in the city were polite. But all of that changed in just a few minutes of one evening.

It was a Wednesday, somewhere between one and two in the morning, and I was walking near a police patrolled park quite a ways from my apartment. It was a quiet night, even for a weeknight, with very little traffic and almost no one on foot. The park, as it was most nights, was completely empty.

I turned down a short side-street in order to loop back to my apartment when I first noticed him. At the far end of the street, on my side, was the silhouette of a man, dancing. It was a strange dance, similar to a waltz, but he finished each "box" with an odd forward stride. I guess you could say he was dance-walking, headed straight for me.

Deciding he was probably drunk, I stepped as close as I could to the road to give him the majority of the sidewalk to pass me by. The closer he got, the more I realized how gracefully he was moving. He was very tall and lanky, and wearing an old suit. He danced closer still, until I could make out his face. His eyes were open wide and wild, head tilted back slightly, looking off at the sky. His mouth was formed in a painfully wide cartoon of a smile. Between the eyes and the smile, I decided to cross the street before he danced any closer.

I took my eyes off of him to cross the empty street. As I reached the other side, I glanced back... and then stopped dead in my tracks. He had stopped dancing and was standing with one foot in the street, perfectly parallel to me. He was facing me but still looking skyward. Smile still wide on his lips.

I was completely and utterly unnerved by this. I started walking again, but kept my eyes on the man. He didn't move. Once I had put about half a block between us, I turned away from him for a moment to watch the sidewalk in front of me. The street and sidewalk ahead of me were completely empty. Still unnerved, I looked back to where he had been standing to find him gone. For the briefest of moments I felt relieved, until I noticed him. He had crossed the street, and was now slightly crouched down. I couldn't tell for sure due to the distance and the shadows, but I was certain he was facing me. I had looked away from him for no more than ten seconds, so it was clear that he had moved fast.

I was so shocked that I stood there for some time, staring at him. And then he started moving toward me again. He took giant, exaggerated tip-toed steps, as if he were a cartoon character sneaking up on someone. Except he was moving very, very quickly.

I'd like to say at this point I ran away or pulled out my pepper spray or my cellphone or anything at all, but I didn't. I just stood there, completely frozen as the smiling man crept toward me.

And then he stopped again, about a car length away from me. Still smiling his smile, still looking to the sky.

When I finally found my voice, I blurted out the first thing that came to mind. What I meant to ask was, "What do you want?!" in an angry, commanding tone. What came out was a whimper: "Whaaat…?"

Regardless of whether or not humans can smell fear, they can certainly hear it. I heard it in my own voice, and that only made me more afraid. But he didn't react to it at all. He just stood there, smiling.

And then, after what felt like forever, he turned around, very slowly, and started dance-walking away. Just like that. Not wanting to turn my back to him again, I just watched him go, until he was far enough away to almost be out of sight. And then I realized something. He wasn't moving away anymore, nor was he dancing. I watched in horror as the distant shape of him grew larger and larger. He was coming back my way. And this time he was running.

I ran too.

I ran until I was off of the side-road and back onto a better lit road with sparse traffic. Looking behind me then, he was nowhere to be found. The rest of the way home, I kept glancing over my shoulder, always expecting to see his stupid smile, but he was never there.

I lived in that city for six months after that night, and I never went out for another walk. There was something about his face that always haunted me. He didn't look drunk, he didn't look high. He looked completely and utterly insane. And that's a very, very scary thing to see.

Ch28 10-28-2015 08:09 PM

http://i.imgur.com/idU2lML.gif

und3f3at3d 10-29-2015 11:37 AM

If you guys enjoy reading this kind of stuff, Reddit has awesome horror and ghost stories.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/

Ch28 10-29-2015 12:15 PM

www.reddit.com/r/paranormal

willystyle 10-29-2015 01:22 PM

Any sites that local Vancouver horror stories?