REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 12-09-2008, 08:38 PM   #201
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

Oh yeah, the episode was pretty good too.

Seriously though, I absolutely love how adventurous and different this show is becoming. Terminator in the 1920s during Probation? Check. Cute as hell future-medic-with-somewhat-less-cute-future-immunity-awesome-sister? Check check check!

And... "your fly is open."
Advertisement

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
+Kardboard+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:05 PM   #202
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Spoiler!

I hope they're not going that direction.

Cameron's quirks are funny.

Sarah with the turtle, and Cameron with Ellison.

Last edited by nns; 12-15-2008 at 08:06 PM.
nns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:09 PM   #203
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
terminators in the 1920's. i thought that was really cool.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #204
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

I just gotta say WTF to last weeks episode.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #205
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

This show is gonna get cancelled soon. Friday time slot = Terminated Show.
westcoastgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:43 AM   #206
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I used to be a big supporter of this show, but the past two episodes since returning from the winter break have been disappointing. I see the release of the Terminator Salvation movie as a make or break point for the popularity of the tv series.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:53 AM   #207
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,812 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo mein View Post
I used to be a big supporter of this show, but the past two episodes since returning from the winter break have been disappointing. I see the release of the Terminator Salvation movie as a make or break point for the popularity of the tv series.
It's already been moved to Friday nights. It's as good as done already.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #208
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

omfg, has anyone been keeping up with the show?

Last couple of episodes were great. Season/series Finale episode was soooo SOOOO SOOOO AWESOME.

it's sad that the show will probably end on that note. Season 3... i can only dream..
Old 04-12-2009, 01:08 AM   #209
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

obviously theres gonna be a season 3. thats a total cliffhanger
rice cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:40 AM   #210

The show definitely went totally emo for the last few weeks. I liked it, but I think it could use some more action as well.

That is definitely a cliff hanger, but not a guarantee that they'll follow up with a new season. I sure hope they do!
Old 04-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #211

I think if The movie does really well they will try one more season.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #212

A couple of good points from another board

Quote:
I want to comment on the clever, almost too perfect ending of the season finale and how it's in keeping with the Terminator mythology.

John Connor arrives in the furure. No one knows him. Certainly not his father. John arrives with the training, knowledge and skillset to become the genius of the resistance. He, more than anyone, is prepared for it. He may even have metal allies to help him. In this future he can now become the legendery hero that John Connor is to become ... to the point of sending Kyle Reese back to protect his mom, John knowing that time travel is possible and that Kyle will be his father. (And he can develop the relationship with Allison that will eventually lead him to reprogram and send back the metal duplicate that helps them ...)

So, though it leaves many unanswered questions, it also explains quite a bit (particularly why Kyle Reese didn't know he was John's father) and lends itself to the Terminator mythology.

I can imagine a third season with two parallel stories. Sara Connor in the present forming allies, battling a fledging skynet and attempting to reunite with her son, and John Connor in the future, who, along with Allison/Cameron's help, attempts to find a way home and in the process organizes the resistance with his knowledge and technical skills that makes him legendary ...

I too would like to see the show continue ... either way ... thanks for a great show and, in my opinion, a perfect season ending.
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:50 PM   #213

One hole in that theory. Derek doesnt know that he's Johns Uncle because he dies in the 80s (Terminator 1).
Old 04-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #214
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastgsr View Post
One hole in that theory. Derek doesnt know that he's Johns Uncle because he dies in the 80s (Terminator 1).
Isn't that what the quote is saying? John won't tell Reese and Derek that he is the son of Reese so neither will know. John will just become the resistance leader and eventually send Reese back in time without telling him why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:24 PM   #215
OSR FTW !!!

exactly RFlush! but didn't you guys catch the very end where we "see" some light light flashes and "hear" another time portal transfer and Sarah says out loud "I love you too". It right was after the scene showing John seeing Allison for the first time ever...

doesn't that mean Sarah also programmed to time travel to exactly where Weaver and John time travelled to?

my only "hiccup" to the above idea is, the scene indicating Sarah time traveled following John/Weaver, the light flashes were "behind a wall" that is behind the original time travel "sphere hole" in the ground... i'd think if Sarah did travel to follow them, she'd use the same machine (Weaver's basement) so the sphere should technically show up in the exact "same" spot as John/Weaver's sphere?

did i make that too complicated?

TERMINATOR GLAU ROCKS BRING BACK TSCC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
Isn't that what the quote is saying? John won't tell Reese and Derek that he is the son of Reese so neither will know. John will just become the resistance leader and eventually send Reese back in time without telling him why.

http://www.aj-racing.com
http://www.revscene.net
http://www.ubcscc.com
http://www.definitivedriving.com/

Domani Type V - MB4V

Quote:
Originally posted by RagingAngel
seriously... even if you filled it with Tsuchiya Keiichi's farts to negate pressure fluctuation...
Type V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #216
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type V View Post
exactly RFlush! but didn't you guys catch the very end where we "see" some light light flashes and "hear" another time portal transfer and Sarah says out loud "I love you too". It right was after the scene showing John seeing Allison for the first time ever...

doesn't that mean Sarah also programmed to time travel to exactly where Weaver and John time travelled to?

my only "hiccup" to the above idea is, the scene indicating Sarah time traveled following John/Weaver, the light flashes were "behind a wall" that is behind the original time travel "sphere hole" in the ground... i'd think if Sarah did travel to follow them, she'd use the same machine (Weaver's basement) so the sphere should technically show up in the exact "same" spot as John/Weaver's sphere?
Sarah Connor did not travel through time after Weaver and John. The lightning effects were supposed to represent some aftershock feedback which carried a sound wave of Sarah's voice saying "I love you too" to her son.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #217

^^yep exactly..i think if the new terminator movie does well they will continue the show..if not it was one hell of a wicked series finale which ties up loose ends and ties the franchise together with the original movies
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:27 AM   #218
nns

If the series returns, I'm just glad Cameron is now human. I'm tired of feeling like a weirdo watching the intimate scenes between her and John.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:00 AM   #219
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

^

hah, i love the awkwardness . Its funny how she always initiates intimacy to see his reactions. Underneth all that metal i think shes a little human, don't you guys remember the cameron/allison origin episode? maybe we'll understand more about the human/cyborg hybrid in Terminator Salvation.

Do you guys remember this scene? like WHOA emotional.

[youtube]RkrLgCRynGM[/youtube]
Old 04-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #220
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/...fox-set-t.html

Old 04-15-2009, 08:22 PM   #221
nns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veleno View Post
Funny. I was just reading an article debunking that douchebag Aussiello:

Quote:
Meanwhile, Sarah Connor Chronicles writer Ashley Edward Miller Twittered that we shouldn't take Entertainment Weekly's Michael Ausiello too seriously when he claims the show is already canceled, since he said the same thing before season two, and midway through season two:

Quote:
Time for Ausiello's semi-annual SCC termination report. False again. (Remember "sets were destroyed" report? Now you know context, people).
(For the record, Sarah Connor Chronicles has no standing sets, as anybody who's watched the show can attest.) For his part, showrunner Josh Friedman settled for Twittering:

Quote:
Waiting for Michael Ausiello to tell me what I'm supposed to do now with my career.
So what would happen if Sarah Connor Chronicles gets a third season? Actor Brian Austin Green spilled a few details to Comic Book Resources, and it sounds fantastic:

Quote:
The third season is going to be incredible, if it happens. There were no intentions of this being a series finale. It was absolutely a season finale. There's a plan where this can go and it's so good....
You have this episode where John Connor travels to a future where John Connor never existed. I don't know if people completely get it because we work on a string theory, which we've dealt with during the season. We dealt with that with Jessie, in the future that she came from there was Charles Fisher, who tortured everyone. In the future I came from, he never existed. I don't remember him. We were still together within these parallel futures but they were still different and they still had their own paths. This is the same concept. For John Connor to travel to a future where he never existed, where Kyle Reese never left, where Derek and Kyle are still fighting side by side, where Allison (the human Cameron was based on) is still very much present, what becomes of John? What better situation for somebody to grow up in and become the future leader than that? Than to be fighting in what he's been trying to prevent? Not just being the top dog, being listened to for everything, but having to actually listen and follow.
And he clarified that, despite that crackle of lightning at the end, Sarah Connor did stay behind in the present. And John Connor himself may have sent Catherine Weaver back in time to create an alternative to Skynet. He also talks about Derek's undramatic death scene, and how the producers always planned to bring him back in the alternate future. It sounds like if we get a third Sarah Connor season, Derek will be back full time.
http://io9.com/5213470/dollhouse-and...t-say-insiders

io9.com is pretty credible. There's hope.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:06 PM   #222
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

We'll know fox's fall schedual on may 18th, you guys can help TSCC by either

Pre-ordering TSCC season 2 on dvd & blu ray
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...QO43M/gijoevid
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...QR3J4/gijoevid

Vote to save Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b1177...r_Season_.html

You can vote more than once. ENDS MAY 1st

Last edited by Spartacus; 04-21-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #223

Those are two of my favourite shows. If either gets cancelled while crap like Heroes continues to get worse, it would be a travesty of justice.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:35 PM   #224
OSR FTW !!!

ah... THANKS that makes sense... i re-watched it again (yep, whole episode, can't just flip to the end) and your explanation is much more plausible than my long-winded thought process.

i hope they bring it back... let the story be told to its fullest! (plus i wanna see how human cameron develops!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo mein View Post
Sarah Connor did not travel through time after Weaver and John. The lightning effects were supposed to represent some aftershock feedback which carried a sound wave of Sarah's voice saying "I love you too" to her son.

Domani Type V - MB4V

Quote:
seriously... even if you filled it with Tsuchiya Keiichi's farts to negate pressure fluctuation...
Old 04-19-2009, 11:55 PM   #225
OSR FTW !!!

I found this online petition too!

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...hronicles.html

Do these online petitions really help? Regardless, I left my support for it

Domani Type V - MB4V

Quote: