REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #351
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
Were you with the rest of Magnum OCing on Wednesday?
No, wed is my paddling off days.

Quote:
They should really split the Harrison festival to two days, 4 races in one day is a bit much
It sounds like a bit much, but i remember times last year where there was a lot of time in between races, enough for frisbees, frolicking in the water, and general horsing around

Quote:
stop dunking each other lol

You not going to Harrison w/ other teams?
Advertisement
TracerFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:39 PM   #352
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 07:53 AM.
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #353
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I'm pretty sure you can. Ask the FCRCC Outrigger program people.
RAYClovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #354

I do believe its available as well.

haha, yeah i saw michelle's posting on dbwest, some of the responses were hilarious

RGL going to Last Gasp/ Kelowna?
Old 07-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #355

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:34 PM   #356

What's Dragon Hearts Breaker btw?
Old 07-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #357

DH Breaker's a new rec team from Dragon Hearts, our blanket organization.

And yes, those two weeks are going to be real frantic, but some of us are taking that as an excuse to skip Last Gasp. (I'd love to go.)
Old 07-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #358

Wow, I still remember Beat having trouble getting ppl on the boat at the beginning of the season. Where you'd get these ppl from lol
Old 07-22-2009, 02:11 PM   #359

Absolutely no idea. I'm assuming Denis did some background mafia work.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #360

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #361

Ah, that's Andrew Sugi, he hulis pretty much every single time he goes out. Those K1 can't be recovered midwater. :P
Old 07-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #362

Old 07-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #363

Quote:
We're going to do Kelowna. I heard you guys were doing San Fran, I'm jealous lol. That's one week after Kelowna though so those two weeks are going to be frantic. You guys will be representing Canada, so keep that in mind and tear it up

Oh yeah, I heard you guys are making a certain girl do mandatory OC sessions, that's pretty rough lol
Mandatory OC sessions because she needs work on her technique (1st year paddler), and OC1 is best for practicing technique.

I dont know abt JetStart, but Masters might not go since they are lacking paddlers, so we'll represent alright!

We had some roster issues ourselves since the SF race is expensive and not everyone can afford the CAD$ 800-1000 for the trip

Quote:
Wow, I still remember Beat having trouble getting ppl on the boat at the beginning of the season. Where you'd get these ppl from lol
Beginning of the season are always like that as that's typical of the Beat. They almost always do pick up tons of paddlers midway through the season.
Sometimes so much so that it warrants a whole new team. Making the Beat our mid - high rec team...think SI Black, Blue, Liquid Silver or FCRCC A, B, C, etc haha

I believe the current Dragon Hearts family consists of:
1) Magnum
2) Beat
3) Breakers
4) Goju-Go
5) WW

One BIG happy family

Quote:
Speaking of Denis, I was coming back from OCing yesterday and I saw Denis about to go out on a kayak along with your steers guy. I was like "err....don't you guys have practice"
Then when I was taking apart the boat, your steers huli'ed and couldn't really get back in the boat so he was kinda hugging the boat and paddle and slowly swimming it back to the dock lol. I looked at him and he looked at me, but I couldn't do anything to help him. I see a lot of ppl huli on the kayaks, I hope they're getting some kinda introductory sessions first
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYClovis View Post
Ah, that's Andrew Sugi, he hulis pretty much every single time he goes out. Those K1 can't be recovered midwater. :P
So you were there? I was the guy that came down to talk to Denis while our steer were swimming back to dock.

Hugging the boat makes for less effort in swimming back to the dock. If he didn't huli close to the dock, the typical proc is to swim to the rocks (if you have socks to prevent barnacles from cutting up ur feet) and drain the K1 and get back on it from the rocks.

Our steer and Denis are actually pretty decent on the K1, they only normally huli when sitting on the more advanced K1 (Tiger, Triton, Lancer)
I myself huli'ed 6 times the first time I took out the Laser and didnt have my socks on, so on several occasions I found myself swimming from the the 150-200m mark back to dock...that's 5+ mins of swimming
Old 07-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #364

Old 07-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerFX View Post
I dont know abt JetStart, but Masters might not go since they are lacking paddlers, so we'll represent alright!
Oh yeah, I heard Masters is going to Shanghai for an expo thing. I know Jeff Chen from FCRCC is going to Shanghai
Old 07-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #366

Haha, I'm having my parents fund Magnum only because they're actually capable of winning races and they're my team. I'm sure we'll have a couple of spare seats for you if you're serious about heading down to SF, since we're losing some paddlers after Harrison.

Also, Sunday's the day I've penciled down as my official return to paddling on an OC. Yay!
Old 07-23-2009, 03:32 PM   #367

Old 07-23-2009, 06:02 PM   #368
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Anyone interested in going to an RGL fundraiser at Pop Opera on Aug 2? Ridiculously Good Looking girls guaranteed Alex, time for a comeback lol
Are you trying to bait me or something? If you've learned anything from the stories, you'd know that if I went, I'd be single by the end of the night.... in the bad way.

Besides, I'm working.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #369

Old 07-23-2009, 08:27 PM   #370
I bringith the lowerballerith

Hm.... no promises. Don't drink and drive, and you'll be sure that I won't get you for it.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:34 AM   #371

Quote:
Yeah, I think I'd be serious about going, let me know when you've penned down your roster. If I had to practice with you guys that would be rough doing both Magnum and RGL practices lol

I think I'm going at 8 or 9 am on Sunday. Last week I went at 9 and all the C-lions were gone (damn WW lol) so that's why I might go early
Well we're still looking for some serious, comp paddlers to go to San Fran with us cause we're looking to TAKE IT ALL! But we don't have a full roster yet but it'll work out if you go to Magnum practices cause we practice on the days RGL has off... It just means you probably won't get to go on OC a lot, but you'll be dbing 5-6 times a week haha
xXDragonXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:52 AM   #372

Quote:
Haha, she said she liked OC at first but now she hates it. It's weird how we have one sister and you have the other. She said our coach rejected her but I highly doubt that lol.

I went back down to pick up my water bottle and paddle as both of them came back into the dock. Didn't notice you though, you didn't see a shirtless guy there? (besides your steer haha)
What? wait...now, I'm not sure who you are talking abt lol
Which one are you talking abt? and who is the sister?

Yeah, I didnt notice you either coz I started my convo w/ Denis the moment I came down. besides, two shirtless guys was one too many

Quote:
Oh yeah, I heard Masters is going to Shanghai for an expo thing. I know Jeff Chen from FCRCC is going to Shanghai
I believe it was 4 from masters and 2 from FCRCC, Im not sure abt the rest of the 10 man crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYClovis View Post
Haha, I'm having my parents fund Magnum only because they're actually capable of winning races and they're my team.
that sounds so bad, you better hope there's no Beat paddlers here hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDragonXx View Post
Well we're still looking for some serious, comp paddlers to go to San Fran with us cause we're looking to TAKE IT ALL! But we don't have a full roster yet but it'll work out if you go to Magnum practices cause we practice on the days RGL has off... It just means you probably won't get to go on OC a lot, but you'll be dbing 5-6 times a week haha
Less OC = Magnum DB prac = Max Rapage @ SF
I believe we're also getting some SI Black Paddlers come on board. We'll know by this weekend.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:52 AM   #373

Old 07-24-2009, 09:25 AM   #374

Oh hahah, nah..not picking, more like wanting them to improve to better themselves..besides, our coach is hard on them like every one of us who had something to improve on once, once you get better, he gets off your case abt it

That's pretty funny though, how come they got separated? what's the story on the supposed 'rejection'?

Yea SIB is still going to Montreal, but all that hoopla is ending by August, one whole month b4 SF, So I'm guessing those SIB paddlers are itching for more competition.

at least it'll be equal proportion of big dudes all around...Asian, White and Brown...I'm starting to sound awfully close to Russell Peter's latest stand up special
Old 07-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #375

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 07:55 AM.