REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   The vancouver Auto Liquidation Center (https://www.revscene.net/forums/519068-vancouver-auto-liquidation-center.html)

hchang 07-04-2010 03:02 PM

Wow old thread bump.

If I remember correctly, tofu1413 bought his ITR from there.

I'll give an review from my personal experience.

I went there to look at a Protege Hatchback before I bought mine, but decided to buy mine privately. They used (like all dealerships do) the "If you buy today I can give you a better price, otherwise I can't guarantee you the car or the price".

The car was in pretty good condition, everything was intact and working, except that I noticed the front bar was new, so I asked them about accident history, and all I got from a reply was "we can give that to you when you're putting down the deposit" wtf?

If the car's in good condition and can definitely sell it for more why wouldn't they? duhh.

The sales reps there are one of the shadiest bunch of people I've met. When I walked into the office all of them were leaned back on their chair, open collared Hawaiian shirts, Gold Chains, and Gold Watches.

When I test drove the cars, they didn't even ask me for my license, and let me go alone for my test drive.

Bottomline, I would stay away from these guys, and also most second hand dealerships in general. Go to a store with a reputation to keep, even if it's an extra couple hundred bucks. At least it'll be a better ease at mind.

Matsuda 07-04-2010 05:57 PM

I went there a few years ago looking for a used car with my brother, and he did a carfax on one that he was interested in.. the odometer was rolled back like..4x and had been in several accidents. The salesman was also your typical used car dealer shady guy with a retarded ponytail. I felt dirty just looking at the cars in there..

truong 07-04-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icebibi (Post 7012128)
Any used car dealership you can recommend?
Posted via RS Mobile

Carter Honda is a good place, North shore acura but they are very limited on their used cars

PiuYi 07-04-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hchang (Post 7015813)
When I test drove the cars, they didn't even ask me for my license, and let me go alone for my test drive.

I went to Richmond Lexus a while back and got a test drive without giving them my license either, got to drive it alone... don't know why they did it or what they can do if I never came back with the car... but Richmond Lexus is anything but shady

Oscar_Binswood 07-05-2010 09:45 AM

Went there 6 months ago looking to buy a 1998 240sx with the kouki front + jdm tails. Steering rack was fucked on it, same deal sales guy offered me a test drive. Didn't check for DL or anything. Shady place. Ended up buying something privately instead.

q0192837465 07-05-2010 12:11 PM

repo is a pretty good place to buy used cars too.

izzer 07-10-2010 12:27 PM

Vancouver auto also sells under the title Global Auto Marine, and Johal Wholesale just an fyi.

I would stay away

CP.AR 07-10-2010 12:44 PM

I bought my car from BJBMW, would definitely recommend buying a used from them given it's not a BMW (less excuse for them to hike up the price)

AVS_Racing 07-11-2010 01:12 AM

lol go there if u like lemons i went there to take a look a couple of days ago and the cars looked pretty shitty condition

shantz 07-11-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy_LikeWhoa (Post 5721361)
thats funny, i was gonna go look at that sir. do you know the details of the claims? if not that's ok, i'll just have the vin checked myself.

Rebuilt status is based on any single incident. There could be 6 or 7 claims on any car, as long as any of them are within the ICBC repair threshold the car is still not classified as 'rebuilt'

Energy 11-23-2011 07:16 PM

Any more opinions on this place? Friend wants to go check out a car there.

tofu1413 11-23-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hchang (Post 7015813)
Wow old thread bump.

If I remember correctly, tofu1413 bought his ITR from there.

I'll give an review from my personal experience.

I went there to look at a Protege Hatchback before I bought mine, but decided to buy mine privately. They used (like all dealerships do) the "If you buy today I can give you a better price, otherwise I can't guarantee you the car or the price".

The car was in pretty good condition, everything was intact and working, except that I noticed the front bar was new, so I asked them about accident history, and all I got from a reply was "we can give that to you when you're putting down the deposit" wtf?

If the car's in good condition and can definitely sell it for more why wouldn't they? duhh.

The sales reps there are one of the shadiest bunch of people I've met. When I walked into the office all of them were leaned back on their chair, open collared Hawaiian shirts, Gold Chains, and Gold Watches.

Bottomline, I would stay away from these guys, and also most second hand dealerships in general. Go to a store with a reputation to keep, even if it's an extra couple hundred bucks. At least it'll be a better ease at mind.

yep. bought my ITR there. for a price that i was better off parting out the car instead of driving it in the first place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Energy (Post 7700939)
Any more opinions on this place? Friend wants to go check out a car there.

the cars that are there are the trade ins from bigger dealers (eg: bmw etc) those cars usually need big repairs, so the dealership sells it to them.

you get the idea, some have big accidents, multiple claims, rolled back odo, american imports... list goes on. generally cars that big dealers dont want on their lot. the cars that wound up in adessa are even worse actually... (well most cases, unless youre talking about a second gen crx trade in.. or even ae86 trade ins)

Energy 11-23-2011 07:28 PM

So you got a deal on your ITR from them and everything was fine?

The prices seem too good to be true. That plus "no accidents" screams shady to me. My friend still wants to take a look though but its just good to know to be on guard when going there.

donjalapeno 11-23-2011 07:34 PM

put it this way...

we traded in are 2nd gen Acura TL that had/was,

1. out of province(from ontario)
2. transmission problems
3. Stereo was broken
4. undercarriage had minor rust
5. some power equipment didnt work
6. needed new ball joints.
7.high mileage

two days after we traded it in at Autowest BMW, i look on craigslist and it ended up at auto liquidation center.

tofu1413 11-23-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Energy (Post 7700954)

The prices seem too good to be true. That plus "no accidents" screams shady to me. My friend still wants to take a look though but its just good to know to be on guard when going there.

nope. not fine.

motor grenaded on my drive home. i was taking of risk and didnt buy a "warranty"

motor was firing on two cylinders when i got home.

i rebuilt motor, then the transmission went on me twice. first the reverse, then the final drive. so i put a JDM ITR tranny in it. when the old tranny was getting fluid changed, it barely had any left... and was thick black sludge :heckno:

during the time i owned it i changed: CV joints, brakes, the motor and tranny.

at the end, i spent the same amount of money for a clean ITR. cept then thing is, i had a fresh motor and a JDM tranny.. along with other new parts.

cheap doesnt necessarily mean good. i bought an abused ITR, like most that are remaining on the streets now. only a few handful are considered any good, consider the targeted audience of these cars. you could go out and buy a regular integra GS for same price and it'd wont break down on you. its a matter of who owned the car previously, and a little bit of luck too :pokerface:

Energy 11-23-2011 08:44 PM

Thanks for sharing. Definitely going to be very very wary when going there.

BillyBishop 11-23-2011 10:17 PM

Last year I was looking at E46s and saw a few on their lot. When I asked for an accident report, they told me to go to AutoWest across the street and ask for it from them. AutoWest was just as confused as I was.

GLOW 11-24-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boundless (Post 7701214)
Last year I was looking at E46s and saw a few on their lot. When I asked for an accident report, they told me to go to AutoWest across the street and ask for it from them. AutoWest was just as confused as I was.

was that guy being sarcastic?

VR6GTI 11-24-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Energy (Post 7700954)

With all the complaints and nothing good to say about the place why would you even consider going there? :heckno:

|<e|_ 11-24-2011 08:47 AM

i bought a 240sx from there last year but it's sold now...engine light was on and the deal was to help me check what the light was before i purchased it....he said it was just an o2 sensor so i took his word for it. After I bought it, it was o2 sensor and knock sensor. The ABS light was on too which I didn't bother fixing....i meannnn who needs abs right it's a 240sx :fuckyea:

wasabisashimi 11-24-2011 10:43 AM

What i dont understand is that dothese businesses really not care about reputation?, doesnt reputation build the business for long term survival?

tofu1413 11-24-2011 11:10 AM

lots of people are cheap out there and hunt for deals. they dont care lol
Posted via RS Mobile

Energy 11-25-2011 12:40 AM

Yep, you guys were right the cars there are all POS. Definitely avoid. Hopefully in the future people will find this thread and it'll help them too.

Redlines_Daily 11-25-2011 09:04 AM

should be a sticky!

6insomnia9 11-25-2011 09:05 AM

Is this the place next to autowest?
Posted via RS Mobile