REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   The vancouver Auto Liquidation Center (https://www.revscene.net/forums/519068-vancouver-auto-liquidation-center.html)

Nvasion 11-25-2011 09:15 AM

across the street

sandbox 12-26-2011 11:31 PM

i wanted to go check out an rx7 they have, but after reading this and the vague email i recieved from them, i am going to look else where. I asked if the car had been in any accidents and if the km were correct. and he replied with "the kilometers are accurate". leaving out the fact that it was probably in a god damn tsunami. lmfao. stay away from these sheisters.

Paradise240 12-27-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandbox (Post 7739436)
i wanted to go check out an rx7 they have, but after reading this and the vague email i recieved from them, i am going to look else where. I asked if the car had been in any accidents and if the km were correct. and he replied with "the kilometers are accurate". leaving out the fact that it was probably in a god damn tsunami. lmfao. stay away from these sheisters.

I have a friend who works there, he posted up a photo of the silver RX7, low mileage. But it has idling issues among others.

Went to look at a Sienna Dec 2010, the prop rod wasn't even attached to the car at all.

underscore 12-27-2011 03:47 PM

Is that a silver FD, odo in miles?

some_punk 12-27-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 7739952)
Is that a silver FD, odo in miles?

I went and looked at that fd, it is a rhd one, the coolant was all sludgy but the body looked okay, but i wouldnt pay 7000 for it

325isMSPORT 01-27-2012 09:44 PM

I test drove the FD it ran okay turbos worked fine interior was pretty good other than the left side door panel

tegra7 01-30-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 325isMSPORT (Post 7777181)
I test drove the FD it ran okay turbos worked fine interior was pretty good other than the left side door panel

Was the odometer in miles or kms?

1992 Mazda RX-7

TurboFC3S 01-30-2012 10:01 PM

kilometers...cars only have km/hr on the speedometer in japan, USA is the only place that uses MPH ( i think ) lol

edit: thought it was RHD but cant tell by pic now... if its RHD then im sticking with my first statement :P

edit again: i cant remember if somebody told me this or i read it on the forums but someone went to look @ that FD and it didnt start.. the dealer put a tiny bit of gas in it (probably low octane) just enough so it could start and it idled like crap like mentioned above... if your going to look at it and are thinking of buying it, be sure to compression test it first.. also sludgy coolant is a very bad sign, its clearly been sitting for a long long time & neglected, and brown coolant means rust could accumulate in the coolant passages, best to stay away from it imo

found the quote from local rx7 forum

Quote:

I already went and looked at it before created this thread. The car looked pretty clean, but like you said the car was stalling when i started it up. The reason for that i thought was the fuel gauge which was reading just under empty... I immediately shut down the car asked the guy to get some gas into the car. He squirted probably a 100ml into it. So when i started it up it was at empty... Anyways didn't have a good feeling about the car, I'm glad i didn't buy it. Once again thanks for heads up.