REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 03-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #1751
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,486 Times in 647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
There's plenty of guys that are more muscular but still wear skinny jeans. But I understand they're not for everyone.

Diesels or Sevens. Nudies has some more relaxed cuts as well, but they're still a bit slimmer.

Also you can never go wrong with Levi's..

Bootcut is falling out.. If anything try a straight leg.
Stay away from nudies if you have muscular legs and arms. The fabric is weak and fragile and you will definetly get a crotch blowout within a few months. I'd recommend sevens or william rast for jeans some loose fitted jeans. I understand that with jeans, you'd want to have it fitted to your body to some extent or it'd just feel like wearing a pair of sweatpants. If you do decide to go with nudies though, I'd recommend going more for the predistressed, prewashed denim. Your flexed muscles when you walk, will put alot of pressure on nudie raw denim, and with the weak quality of nudie denim, you don't want to risk the chance.
Advertisement

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #1752
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,679 Times in 530 Posts
^He's looking for bootcut and doesn't like skinnies..
I doubt he'd get a super fitted size or fit that's substantial enough for a crotch blowout..

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #1753
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I washed my nudie jeans too early (like it was a year after I got them, but I probably got like 2-3 months of wear into them.. maybe less). Then like 3-4 months later I washed them again (maybe another 1-2 months of wear onto them). The creases barely show any contrast at all. It's just a solid fade throughout the whole jeans

anyone know if it's possible to re dye the jeans? The color now is in between the dark raw denim color it was when it's new and a light indigo colour.. it's like not an appealing colour, like not dark enough or not light enough.

redyeing it possible?
Paranoiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #1754
PJ

I think that's more trouble than it's worth..
Most designer jean companies, especially Nudies, uses whatever special dyes for their own unique looks.

I'd keep wearing them until they're as worn out as the ones in the little booklet that comes with the jeans

I usually don't wash mine until there's some pretty definite fading.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 04-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #1755
Treasure Chest MOD

anyone here own a pair of prewashed nudie denim? Just curious to know if their prewashed denim are as fragile/breakable as their raw denim.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #1756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
anyone here have suggestion for bootcut jeans? must have nice colour and quality be top notch. skinny jeans for people working out with huge arms and legs...

no true religion shit
check out Joe's rocker. The fit is pretty good on the thigh and the flare is not too bad. I think they have it at dutil.

JOE'S JEANS | Premium Denim$::$SHOP BY FIT$::$MENS FITS$::$ROCKER$::$The Rocker / King
qoopoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #1757

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
anyone here own a pair of prewashed nudie denim? Just curious to know if their prewashed denim are as fragile/breakable as their raw denim.
Do you wear your jeans hard? Their quality is decent. Not great, but not bad. To be honest, any raw denim will rip easily if they are not washed for a while due to the cotton being dry.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #1758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoiak View Post
I washed my nudie jeans too early (like it was a year after I got them, but I probably got like 2-3 months of wear into them.. maybe less). Then like 3-4 months later I washed them again (maybe another 1-2 months of wear onto them). The creases barely show any contrast at all. It's just a solid fade throughout the whole jeans

anyone know if it's possible to re dye the jeans? The color now is in between the dark raw denim color it was when it's new and a light indigo colour.. it's like not an appealing colour, like not dark enough or not light enough.

redyeing it possible?

Might as well get a new pair. Fades dont automatically appear right after you put them through the washer. If you want good fades , it is best to be able to see some sort of fading prewash, because they will be more contrasted after a wash. But hey, if you gotta wash you gotta wash, they are just a pair of jeans. Personal hygiene is more important imo.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #1759
Treasure Chest MOD

I don't wear my jeans too hard, I just wear them everyday. Well, priced at $200, I'd say the nudies I own are alot lower in quality compared to my $90 n&fs that haven't broken down even after 7-8 months of wear.

On a side note, if you're gonna care about personal hygiene, raw denim won't be for you. Don't drop a couple bills on raw denim if you're gonna wash it right after because there'd be no point. Afterall, you're paying for the process.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #1760

I can agree with you that naked & famous's denim quality is better than nudies at the same price point, but if you are looking for prewashed denim, there are not many choices because the market right now is raw raw raw. You can check out Earnest Sewns, their washes and fit are pretty good
Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #1761
PJ

Nudies has a decent selection for pre-washed..
I have a pair of pre-washed Grimm Tims, and the're actually comfortable to wear.

Don't get me wrong, I love raw denim. But sometimes there are those days where you just don't feel like wearing super fitted jeans that feel like cardboard.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 04-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #1762
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,232 Times in 860 Posts
For prewashed denim with realistic/nice fades you can try diors.

Gone:
E92 BMW 335i
AP1 Honda S2000
FA1 Honda Civic
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:41 AM   #1763
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

The crotch blew out of my raw denim a while ago and I haven't had time to bring them to a tailor. Put them on today and they're so much more comfortable than any of my levi's. Already planning on the next pair I'll get
kcl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #1764

my samurai's almost crotch blowout(s)

This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #1765
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,877 Times in 454 Posts
^wow those look sick..post some more pictures please
RevYouUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:14 AM   #1766

you guys know of those "ubranded" raw jeans they sell at like Plenty. anyone own a pair? I'm wondering what they're like.
Paranoiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #1767
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

unbranded will fit similar to the naked famous, since they are sister brands...just aimed at different price points.

unbranded tapered -> weird guy
unbranded skinny -> skinny guy
unbranded slim -> slim guy

I have heard that the hardware that unbranded used were cheaper quality and broke much more often, that was a while back so I don't know if they have changed it since.
DemonsBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #1768

knee bags coming full speed ahead
areyounoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #1769
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoiak View Post
you guys know of those "ubranded" raw jeans they sell at like Plenty. anyone own a pair? I'm wondering what they're like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsBlood View Post
unbranded will fit similar to the naked famous, since they are sister brands...just aimed at different price points.

unbranded tapered -> weird guy
unbranded skinny -> skinny guy
unbranded slim -> slim guy

I have heard that the hardware that unbranded used were cheaper quality and broke much more often, that was a while back so I don't know if they have changed it since.
Unbranded's tapered is like a perrrfect fit for me. It's like a slightly slimmer Weird Guy.

I have 2 pairs of N&F and 2 pairs of Unbranded.. and honestly the Unbranded fits me better

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 04-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #1770
Banned (ABWS)

Thighs are getting bigger, so my slim jims are getting preeeeettty tight in that area. Any suggestions other than buying a new pair?
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #1771
Treasure Chest MOD

^its time to upgrade to grim timms bro... It's what I did... and now I got to upgrade to a size up because my thighs just got even bigger

Old 04-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #1772

Best place to pick up some N&F Weird Guys? Cosmic Bobo is the cheapest I've seen but they don't have my size
kcl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #1773
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,533 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl38 View Post
Best place to pick up some N&F Weird Guys? Cosmic Bobo is the cheapest I've seen but they don't have my size
revolveclothing with 30% off i paid under $100 for it after shipped
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #1774
Need to Seek Professional Help

^when are you they gonna have this sale again?
justYU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #1775
SFICC-03*

Thanked 1,525 Times in 606 Posts
i'll be posting my strike gold 1109's for sale in classifieds later.
i love them very much but they just dont fit me. didnt shrink as much as i had hoped.
they're tagged a 33 but probably fit around a 32.
i lost about 15lbs in the last 3 months and so i cant wear them anymore.
i wore them about 30 times and soaked them once, no washes.
they have almost no visible wear on them and are not hemmed.
they really have some of the most beautiful denim i've seen. very hairy/fiberous cotton, and they have a natural sort of blotchiness to them.

this is where they were purchased, and thats the price i paid.
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=736

i'll post all the exact measurements as well as pictures later tonight or tomorrow, as well as a link to the post.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote