REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   RS paintball crew (https://www.revscene.net/forums/527559-rs-paintball-crew.html)

Hondaracer 02-09-2012 08:01 PM

i think if i went to the richmond indoor it would end in me getting into a fight with somone who didnt like the way i played :P or didnt like the way my gun works lol

kluk 02-09-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tj.GSR (Post 7791783)
how is Richmond indoor paintball, never been but I have been itching to get out and shoot some paint.
Posted via RS Mobile

Richmond indoor paintball is by far the best and most convenient place to go and that's saying a lot since i live on the north shore lol. I used to go to NS paintball a lot but am always limited to the shitty Vancouver weather. Now that the Richmond one opens daily from 12-12 i can go whenever i want.

If this is your first time then you will def have a blast. You might still wanna try woodsball one day cuz Richmond is all close quarters.

man i wanna go now..

K-bad 02-10-2012 12:52 AM

I haven't gone paintballing in a year... Do i need to do any maintenance on my gun before I start soon again? I've heard great things about Richmond Indoor, but I also heard its a bit pricey compared to the other fields?

kluk 02-10-2012 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-bad (Post 7792231)
I haven't gone paintballing in a year... Do i need to do any maintenance on my gun before I start soon again? I've heard great things about Richmond Indoor, but I also heard its a bit pricey compared to the other fields?

lube the internals up for sure. Yeah its slightly more expensive. If you're a gun owner expect to spend around 40-60$

TjAlmeida 02-10-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kluk (Post 7791966)
Richmond indoor paintball is by far the best and most convenient place to go and that's saying a lot since i live on the north shore lol. I used to go to NS paintball a lot but am always limited to the shitty Vancouver weather. Now that the Richmond one opens daily from 12-12 i can go whenever i want.

If this is your first time then you will def have a blast. You might still wanna try woodsball one day cuz Richmond is all close quarters.

man i wanna go now..

Ya I used to always play at maple ridge paintball. good times, I think I would still prefer woods ball but with the weather indoor sounds like a safer bet. How busy does it get?
Posted via RS Mobile

Noir 02-10-2012 05:34 AM

Ooooh! I miss paintball talk. I miss the days I used to play on a weekly basis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tj.GSR (Post 7791783)
how is Richmond indoor paintball, never been but I have been itching to get out and shoot some paint.
Posted via RS Mobile

It's awesome. Considering my playing style and the playing experience I'm looking for in a paintball game (the reason why I got into the hobby in the first place), for my subjective experience it's 10x better than woodsball. And that's saying a lot for someone who grew up on woodsball.

It's a lot of things.
* Controlled environment - weather, temperature
* Urban environment - easier mobilitiy means you're spending more time playing the game rather than trying to overcome the challenges of your terrain just to play the game.
* Because it's urban and there's mock buildings, the game doesn't just work on an X,Y axis but a Z as well. (I know some PB fields have little tree houses but... still nothing compared to this).
* The lounge area is pretty cool too. When you're hit and out of the game, you can still watch the game unfold through multiple CCTVs rather than just sitting at a corner of the field completely taking you out of the experience of the game until the next round comes.

Little things like that add up to a completely awesome experience.

I'd say my only gripe is that they took out Riot Shields which was available at one point (it's been a year so I don't know if they brought it back). Man it was fun breaching buildings with those.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kluk (Post 7791966)

man i wanna go now..

CQB's are my specialty :D Fun on a whole other level. Fighting with smaller SMG size weapons or even handguns is actually a benefit @ RIP. Like I mentioned early, moving on concrete means faster movement, more dynamic gameplay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-bad (Post 7792231)

I agree but if you look at it in this perspective, it's not quite bad: "All the best hobbies are expensive"

* Ice hockey
* Snowboarding
* RC Cars
* etc.

toyobaru 02-10-2012 07:07 AM

RIP is okay...I used to go a lot until they started getting money hungry. Mondays used to be 50% their overpriced paint. Now its 33% and admission is $20, used to be $10 for gun owners. But thats just me. Sometimes yeah RIP has a few of those guys who take paintballing way too serious I've seen some close encounters with people nearly breaking out into fights.

Smaller guns/Semi Auto markers wont last if you go on a Monday, Friday, or and day on the weekend. Most of the regulars get cheap under the table paint and just spray down a lane hoping for you to run into it. Speedball markers are the way to go here.

yot065 02-10-2012 07:09 AM

R.I.P floors are quite slippery though, the mats don't help much and you risk slipping a lot in heaty moments.. i slipped even with oil resistant non-slip boots on lol. its also difficult to have a good game in my opinion when theres more then 10 people on each team lol. just my thoughts tho

Kaolinite 02-10-2012 09:45 AM

anyone play speedball? at TPG

jaemc 02-10-2012 10:24 AM

Panther Scenario Events - St Valentines Massacre

Anybody interested? Burrard Acura service team might show up

kluk 02-10-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yot065 (Post 7792315)
R.I.P floors are quite slippery though, the mats don't help much and you risk slipping a lot in heaty moments.. i slipped even with oil resistant non-slip boots on lol. its also difficult to have a good game in my opinion when theres more then 10 people on each team lol. just my thoughts tho

yeah that's the only downside at RIP. I wore chucks to play once and needless to say it was not a good experience lol.

K-bad 02-10-2012 01:48 PM

We really should get an RS paintball meet happening! Some of you regulars out there can teach some newbie's like myself

Dragon-88 03-02-2012 11:50 AM

Come to Richmond indoor paintball and play.. Im there every friday & usually saturday but I have been missing sats since Ive been going to speedball practise on sundays @ ambush.

TjAlmeida 04-23-2012 03:50 PM

Anyone heading out this weekend? either RIP or some woodsball?

Dragon-88 04-23-2012 04:07 PM

Ill be at RIP friday night, But this weekend is VPL E2 speedball @ TPG. So most likely lots of people will be there. This would be a good time for newbies to get out and shoot some friends while the regulars are gone.

BTW what do you shoot?

Xzecution'R 04-23-2012 04:28 PM

i plan on going either friday or saturday night. got some new gear i wanna test :D

TjAlmeida 04-23-2012 04:32 PM

right now, 08 nxt shocker with virtue board, and some other things. thinking about selling it though and maybe upgrading

Dragon-88 04-23-2012 04:52 PM

cool, come friday night.. Way more competition than saturdays.. Saturdays are mostly renters and it gets boring fast as the kills are too easy and you get shot by your own team lots...

Friday nights has the regulars and is was more fun.. Lots of snap shooting and really turns up your game.

TjAlmeida 04-23-2012 05:26 PM

what time is a good time to show up on saturdays. i have hockey at 10pm but maybe ill show up from 7-9 or something

Dragon-88 04-24-2012 11:05 AM

Its really up to you.. You will probably get about 2-4 games max between 7-9. Not including safety speech if you havent been there before.

TjAlmeida 04-26-2012 05:31 PM

well ill be there. I'll be shooting a blue shocker in grey dye pants.

Anyone know where to get a tank rehydro'd

Dragon-88 04-26-2012 05:47 PM

I think any scuba diving store should be able to.. Not quite sure. Come Friday.. Ill be there.

kluk 04-26-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tj.GSR (Post 7901193)

You can just take it to PBL and they can do it for you.

yot065 04-26-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tj.GSR (Post 7901193)

Dive & Sea Sports Ltd‎
825 McBride Boulevard
New Westminster, BC V3L 5B5
(604) 524-1188
diveandsea.com‎

i sometimes take mine there 39.95....

unless anyone here does it cheaper? then you'll be my new re-hydro source :fullofwin:

StaxBundlez 04-27-2012 12:08 AM

I'm curious to know.. is there any place to play speed ball?