REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 11-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #5651
I AM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 294 Posts
Sushi town?
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #5652
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Has anyone tried dark table on W 4th?
The idea sounds awesome for a date, but the reviews are either terrible, or raving.
Anyone been? Suggestions?
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #5653
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,177 Times in 2,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
The idea sounds awesome for a date, but the reviews are either terrible, or raving.
I've been. It's a pretty neat experience and a pretty good date idea but not really something you'd go repeatedly after experiencing once.

Food was above average, I had the steak entree and it was actually pretty well cooked.

Not sure how much it is regularly, but I'd definitely recommend it if you have a groupon-type deal.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #5654
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushy View Post
Sushi town?
Posted via RS Mobile
hmm must be, had the name sushi in it lol

cactus club szechaun lettuce chicken wraps. Had a rice bowl with the chicken on top instead of using the lettuce heads for wraps.

9/10. best appetizer imo on the menu.

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #5655
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,309 Posts
Quote:
Take me with you.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #5656
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
It's alright. It's a good experience and it was pretty fun. The food however, wasn't that good and it was quite expensive for what you get. It's one of those things you try only once.
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #5657
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Thanked 1,127 Times in 134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
what is a good place to eat healthy food. Expecially after a workout.
Posted via RS Mobile
I'm curious to know how many of you would actually grab a bite at a health bar/restaurant after a workout. Assuming its reasonably priced, serves high protein food and all the macros/calories are posted.
bicboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #5658
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Thanked 1,127 Times in 134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
anyone know this sushi place near subway and a bubble tea shop that has TV/icecream in burnaby? was pretty deep in coming from vancouver but place was not bad... has the name sushi in it. Ordered a spicy salmon bowl and it was terrific!
That's definitely Sushi Town

5935 Hastings St, Burnaby, BC V5B 1R7

just in case brah
bicboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #5659
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
anyone else have thoughts on sushi town? reminds me of those sushi nanaimo type of places. sushi town obviously better

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #5660
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
anyone else have thoughts on sushi town? reminds me of those sushi nanaimo type of places. sushi town obviously better
no complaints about the food with regards to their price. their spicy salmon is soooo good though
cdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #5661
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
For me I lump it with Sushi Garden just to the South And Sushi California to the east. Since I live near Brentwood, I go to SG instead. That said, the food at ST is marginally better.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #5662
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
For me I lump it with Sushi Garden just to the South And Sushi California to the east. Since I live near Brentwood, I go to SG instead. That said, the food at ST is marginally better.
sushi garden guy left garden and started town, or something like that. hence why they're so similar

both are good value sushi

i personally love kaide on richards at pacific in downtown, slightly more expensive but really top quality fish, japanese owned/operated
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #5663

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
sushi garden guy left garden and started town, or something like that. hence why they're so similar

both are good value sushi

i personally love kaide on richards at pacific in downtown, slightly more expensive but really top quality fish, japanese owned/operated
Yeah I heard a similar thing from a friend. Sushi Garden guy from Metro leaves to start either Sushi Town, or Sushi California, or both. I've yet to taste a Korean-owned Japanese restaurant that's far and away better than those 3 chains and driving more than 5 mins for. Therefore, I just get what's convenient when I'm in a pinch for some sushi.

That said, I'm quite partial to the awesome roll at Sushiholic. Also, when still around, some of the special rolls and the seafood salad at Sushi Elephant (now Sushi &- yup that's an ampersand )

Edit: put me down for anything with cream cheese inside and is deep-fried on the outside. Heart attack ftw!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #5664
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,562 Times in 204 Posts
First time, at shintaro where i just ordered everything off the the daily special.

conch and cucumber in sour miso

real crab croquette

Miso sable fish

Deep fried Anago three way

pine mushroom udon

9/10
IfUCare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2013, 11:52 PM   #5665
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,930 Times in 504 Posts
Been a few days, just saw this thread again haha. Anyway, my little brother introduced me to this little hole in the wall Japanese restaurant, and it's pretty damn good. Called Kamamarui (spelling..?), on Kingsway and Royal Oak.

Tiny little place, only seats like, 8 people plus a 3 person bar. Very cool minimalist interior styling, which makes the place look clean and tidy.

Had the ramen, I think it was a Shio ramen, and had extra noodles with it. It was amazing. I've only ever been to G-Men, haven't tried Santouka or Kintaro, but I'm sure this place is at least on par with theirs. The pork was something different; it was sliced thicker than other places and had some extra spices to it.. super good. Soup was very flavourful, and the noodles were cooked perfectly. I ordered the ramen + bomb, which were these little rice balls, seasoned and covered in seaweed or something. Those were good too, pretty bomb in fact. I MADE A PUN.

Brother had the chicken scandal. Two full chicken breasts, fried (you can also get it grilled) and covered in japanese mayo and teriyaki sauce, served over rice. I snuck a piece, and it was delicious as well.

We also shared assorted tempura, and bacon rolls lol. Tempura was on point; batter was crunchy but light, and the bacon rolls, made with bacon, red onion, iceberg, mayo and mustard, was surprisingly light and refreshing.

All this was run by 2 guys; one in front taking orders and waiting tables, and the other making all the food, to order. I seriously hope these guys get more clientele and need to expand.

9.5/10, easily.

Oh, also, sorry I didn't take pictures. My brother isn't a fan of it.. haha.
kakucaekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:08 AM   #5666
RS Veteran

The Cascade 10/10

Had the cumberland curl sausage and champ mash. Peas cooked in bacon fat. Was pretty good. Was pretty spot on to what I had in the UK. I had some kind of cocktail but forgot the name of it.

Friend had polenta fries. Waitress meant to pack it up but accidentally dropped it. Kitchen made her a new batch ASAP to go!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 11-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #5667
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
the cascade is a regular for me.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:50 AM   #5668
RS Veteran

We're like...BFF.
Spoiler!

Old 11-28-2013, 07:11 AM   #5669

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakucaekz View Post
Been a few days, just saw this thread again haha. Anyway, my little brother introduced me to this little hole in the wall Japanese restaurant, and it's pretty damn good. Called Kamamarui (spelling..?), on Kingsway and Royal Oak.

Tiny little place, only seats like, 8 people plus a 3 person bar. Very cool minimalist interior styling, which makes the place look clean and tidy.

Had the ramen, I think it was a Shio ramen, and had extra noodles with it. It was amazing. I've only ever been to G-Men, haven't tried Santouka or Kintaro, but I'm sure this place is at least on par with theirs. The pork was something different; it was sliced thicker than other places and had some extra spices to it.. super good. Soup was very flavourful, and the noodles were cooked perfectly. I ordered the ramen + bomb, which were these little rice balls, seasoned and covered in seaweed or something. Those were good too, pretty bomb in fact. I MADE A PUN.

Brother had the chicken scandal. Two full chicken breasts, fried (you can also get it grilled) and covered in japanese mayo and teriyaki sauce, served over rice. I snuck a piece, and it was delicious as well.

We also shared assorted tempura, and bacon rolls lol. Tempura was on point; batter was crunchy but light, and the bacon rolls, made with bacon, red onion, iceberg, mayo and mustard, was surprisingly light and refreshing.

All this was run by 2 guys; one in front taking orders and waiting tables, and the other making all the food, to order. I seriously hope these guys get more clientele and need to expand.

9.5/10, easily.

Oh, also, sorry I didn't take pictures. My brother isn't a fan of it.. haha.
That's the double-murder restaurant restaurant (under new ownership). I'm not sure if I'd ever be able to open a restaurant in a place that was the scene of such a crime.

Woman shot at Royal Oak Sushi House in Burnaby identified - News - Burnaby Now

In lighter news, I've been going to Mega Donair in PoMo (Or is it Coquitlam? Burnaby?) lately.

Food is a 7.5/10. However, their house-made pitas are 20/10. So good and so fresh. It really redeems the donairs. I've tried both the donairs and the platters. My gripe is that the chicken is a tad oily, and the tzatziki is much too dill-y. My favorite place for platters/donairs still remains Meditalia out in Newton. OMG so good.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #5670
RS Lurker, I don't post!

ate at the burrito place at sfu (queseda) or something...

overall good price at SFU but they are quite stingey on the meat
it fits my macros so i would give it an 8/10
johnjames909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #5671
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Last week:
Brado's.

One word.

Today:
Kamamarui

Shared the tonkatsu ramen combo with le gf.. came with 2 bombs. Wasn't sure if we got hooked up or not, but thought it was nice that we could each have one, even though I ended up eating half of hers, lol. Good value for $10.

Also ordered 3 rolls. Chicken flame, cheese, dynamite, and spicy scallop baby. All were quite tasty and had a good amount of filling. Ordered one roll too many, but managed to stuff it all down.

Service was good. Korean dudes. One guy had a sweet afro and has the biggest cheesiest smile I've seen in awhile. Super friendly.

Total came to $24.xx incl tax. Decently priced. Will go again.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #5672
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Dinesty, Shanghai Dim sum/cuisine, the new/moved location at Aberdeen.

Food:
Good, when compared to Shanghai River (which I went the week before).

Dinesty was noticeably better than Shanghai River.

Dinesty's dishes were all good:
Crab dumplings, XO Sauce dumplings, pancake w/ beef, and... hot & sour soup was VERY UNIQUE with a tinge of sour in it, somewhat spicy, and watery than other soups I tried before.

Service:
nothign wrong, nothing bad

Ambiance:
Very good, with the tables spaced out very well, and the table was not cramped, and being a new location, the decoration and environment was bright and inviting.

Value:
Better than average and certainly better than Shanghai River.

ConclusioN:
Will go again for sure!
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #5673
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrdukes View Post
We're like...BFF.
Spoiler!
no words to describe it.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #5674
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,496 Times in 555 Posts
Victoria Restaurant

8/10. I had the veal and friend had the 2 piece fish and chip special.
Everything was nice and reasonably priced.
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #5675
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Hi Genki - 8/10 - Ordered the Seafood Platter. Reasonably priced.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote