REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 06-06-2016, 09:39 PM   #3126
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
size of the hand is pretty small. youll be fine
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2016, 10:56 PM   #3127
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
If I can find the time, I really want to get a tattoo done on the side of my ribs (halfway up, about the size of a hand, possibly almost fully shaded in). I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but how terrible of an idea is that for a first tattoo?
Bad idea. I had my first tattoo around the rib area. The tattoo artist warn me it's not a good idea. I YOLO it and man it the worst first experience you could have. My tattoo is like 4 times the size of yours though. Good news is You will survive but you will hate yourself during the tattoo. Bad idea yes but if it's what you want go for it.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2016, 11:37 PM   #3128

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
If I can find the time, I really want to get a tattoo done on the side of my ribs (halfway up, about the size of a hand, possibly almost fully shaded in). I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but how terrible of an idea is that for a first tattoo?
It's painful but I think it's a bearable pain. I have my left side done from upper ribs down to my hip and thinking back to it I feel like armpit and collar bone were far more painful.

Plus, size of a hand isn't that big. It'll be done fairly quick i think.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:17 AM   #3129
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Every time I get a tattoo I think oh my fucking god, there's no way I could ever get anything on my ribs.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2016, 07:41 AM   #3130
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Thanks for the input guys, I might go for the one on my upper arm first then. It's not overly big but since it'll be pretty much solid I think I'd like to have a point of reference for the pain first
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:44 AM   #3131
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

not sure if anyone mentioned this previously but if you are ticklish (like me) it will be a nightmare - especially near the ribs.

The tickles were far more excruciating to go through than the pain imo. When you are about 5 hours deep in your session it does get exhausting.

The part that tickled the most for me was the sides near the ribs on both sides..literally like holding back my laughter which causes me to become so tense and trembly.

The next time I went into my appointment I armed myself with morphine and that helped a tiny bit. We left the sides till the end and I just put numbing cream on the sides + morphine + 2 beers + 2 henny shots. This helped a lot. DR Numb wears off really quickly though and should only be used for extremely difficult parts. In general you should be able to tolerate the pain from tattooing before even considering Dr. Numb.

This was after I had 20 hours on my back..so it was not the pain that was holding me back but it was the tickles.. as sad as that sounds
Porsche957 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2016, 09:17 AM   #3132
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
Lol, yea in general I'd say tattoo's fucking hurt lol..

My peice on my back was fairly sizable for a first peice but even in the relatively tough tissue of my shoulder, overall it was probably some of, it not the most pain I've felt lol
Old 06-07-2016, 02:14 PM   #3133
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Got my ribs done first and i didn't have any issues compared to a regular tattoo. Just make sure you eat, i made that mistake for my first tattoo and your body can go in to shock(get cold and start to shake a bit so had to finish the remainder on a different day). Also found long deep breathing helps a lot. The second tattoo I got on my ribs was easier but may be because it was done by single needle.
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2016, 07:13 PM   #3134
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
gettin ur nips tatted is the worst for me.. fuck goin back in august lol
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2016, 07:21 PM   #3135

Oh my God yes it tickles and it hurts. Weirdest feeling ever. I thought it was bad on my ribs but the tickling was worse on the back of my arm.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:43 PM   #3136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Steve weibe, that's about it IMO

And you're looking at 350 an hour, if not 400 I believe
Imo Greg Nicholson is even better than Steve wiebe. Again books close.

@evilkolors on Instagram. Traveling is the best choice if you want real good black and gray work but don't have a crazy killer idea that would tempt these artist into taking you in.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:15 AM   #3137
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
I find Gregs work to be too soft for my liking, it's not really true to that "west coast" style like Steve's is.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:33 PM   #3138
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Had my first session with Jesse Strong. Sleeving out the rest of my arm. Script,flowers, skull, nothing but that good stuff! Currently in remission for over six months now so gonna smash this out before my next scan date in Oct! Will post photo when healed. Feels good to be back in the chair after many years. Jesse is as solid as they come and offers good rates for full or half day bookings.

Who else is getting tattooed this summer??
whatitdew is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2016, 02:30 AM   #3139
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

been two years since i got my whole back by jesse from blackwater and it still needs to get touched up / completed
i wanted to add more onto the rest of my butt lol but it hurts the most for me and its awkward when my i tighten my cheeks the moment the needle touches lolol

Last edited by guurl; 06-21-2016 at 02:37 AM.
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:27 PM   #3140
dlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatitdew View Post
Had my first session with Jesse Strong. Sleeving out the rest of my arm. Script,flowers, skull, nothing but that good stuff! Currently in remission for over six months now so gonna smash this out before my next scan date in Oct! Will post photo when healed. Feels good to be back in the chair after many years. Jesse is as solid as they come and offers good rates for full or half day bookings.

Who else is getting tattooed this summer??
going back to jesse at blackwaters to finish up my chest in august haha, gonna try to troop it and finish it in 1 go.. told me i have around 6-8 hrs left will post pictures!
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:49 PM   #3141

I sun burnt my back today. Did i dun goofd? little worried about fading now..
Old 06-27-2016, 01:41 AM   #3142
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
It won't help that's for sure

It's going to fade no matter what though

Anyway with sunburn, fading tattoos is probably less important than the potential dna damage/cancer risk caused. Build a base tan and take care!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:21 PM   #3143
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
This looks like it's going to be a must watch
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2016, 10:36 PM   #3144
dlo

3 more weeks till my appointment
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2016, 11:03 PM   #3145
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Hey guys, getting my first on Friday, going to be the majority of my forarm. First appointment is booked for 4 hours and I work an hour after.. (only time I could get in unless I wanted to wait till october) Anything I should know, tips for healing process and best ways to protect it?

I'll post pics of my work Friday
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:14 PM   #3146
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,754 Times in 3,869 Posts
Would help to know what line of work you do. Construction? Receptionist?
Old 07-25-2016, 11:26 PM   #3147
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Would help to know what line of work you do. Construction? Receptionist?
Ah, I should have specified. Pretty intensive warehouse work. I can modify how I lift things but I'm still concerned about catching it or something. I'm aware I can google some of this but I rather have a conversation about it so I'm prepared before it all happens
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:42 PM   #3148

if you can wear a t shirt or something that doesn't cover it. each artist has their own aftercare instructions. My artist told me to wash the tattoo thoroughly an hour after the session and then apply a thin layer of aquaphor (can find it at london drugs). Tell your artist that you have work after the session and see what he says.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:19 PM   #3149

I would actually cover it up. The first few hours after tattoo it's basically a huge open wound, you don't want to get it dirty and risk infection etc. The artist will most likely wrap it up anyways to sent you off.

I have done labour intensive work right after tattoo. Keeping it clean is the key but you day is going to suck regardless and sweating increase the chance of infection.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2016, 04:54 PM   #3150
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I would definitely recommend aquaphor for the first few days as well. It's basically like a layer of Vasaline and seals the tattoo off, so you don't need to worry about things like water hitting your tattoo too much afterwards. Just keep in mind that you will be pretty drained and your skin will also feel really tight and sore so it's going to hurt to do labour intensive work.

www.instagram.com/yourdigitalrealtor
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: