REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:25 PM   #51
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
u guys make it sound so easy, maybe i should get one of u guys to call in for me.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:41 PM   #52
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

just dont be aggressive. ask politely. remember, they're people too. and they probably get bitched at a lot and it's all up to their discretion. if you're a faggot to the guy, then they're just gonna tell you to fuck off. just be nice to the dude.

and try this...make them speak. the more they talk, the more they give up.
jasperlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:28 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperlin View Post
just dont be aggressive. ask politely. remember, they're people too. and they probably get bitched at a lot and it's all up to their discretion. if you're a faggot to the guy, then they're just gonna tell you to fuck off. just be nice to the dude.

lol i never bitch, demand, swear, or be aggressive to them. i understand that after all i am asking them to give me a deal, so why would i be mean to them.

also, what do u mean by "make them speak"

i tell them bell i shaving this deal, and they just go on saying how bell is bad etcetc, then i have nothing to say. i ask them so ur not gonna give any deals to people thats been with u guys for 10+ years? they're like NO. at that point i tell them ok then nothing i can do.
Quote:
Quote:
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.

Last edited by TOPEC; 11-26-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:25 AM   #54
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:

really depends on the rep you talk to...I think you got lucky and got the right rep...good for you man.

i did speak to them politely and was never aggressive in any way at all yet they never gave in. And they were `well trained`in bashing the other competitors...it`s like they got a script memorized or something....

Last edited by albert116; 11-26-2008 at 01:26 AM.
albert116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:46 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert116 View Post
And they were `well trained`in bashing the other competitors...it`s like they got a script memorized or something....
very true. the 2 diff rep (1 women 1 men) that i talked to piratically used the SAME WORDING. maybe i should call in tomorrow and talk to arthur.

so CRS have u tried calling in yet?
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by TOPEC; 11-26-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:35 AM   #56
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Ok so I have the Fairchild & High-Speed bundle which costs me $101.95 a month before taxes.

I called in and just asked to speak w/ a customer representative. I told her that I got a new HDTV and so I was thinking of upgrading to an HD package. I also told her that I was looking around at other companies. She did the whole bell isn't very good because of ________ reasons and I should stay.

I said that I was very happy with them and would love to stay except that that deal is so good that I could not pass it up. She said that there is absolutely no way for hardware discounts so no HD-PVR box for cheaper. She did however offer me the following:

$18 dollar savings for 6 months
For 9 more dollars I could get the HD extra things (half of HD is already included when you have the box)
1 Month free of the HD extra
Movie Central free for 3 months

She's going to call me back tomorrow as I try to get more info and see if I could get the HD-PVR for cheaper.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:28 AM   #57
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Ok so I have the Fairchild & High-Speed bundle which costs me $101.95 a month before taxes.

I called in and just asked to speak w/ a customer representative. I told her that I got a new HDTV and so I was thinking of upgrading to an HD package. I also told her that I was looking around at other companies. She did the whole bell isn't very good because of ________ reasons and I should stay.

I said that I was very happy with them and would love to stay except that that deal is so good that I could not pass it up. She said that there is absolutely no way for hardware discounts so no HD-PVR box for cheaper. She did however offer me the following:

For 9 more dollars I could get the HD extra things (half of HD is already included when you have the box)

She's going to call me back tomorrow as I try to get more info and see if I could get the HD-PVR for cheaper.
wow so she basically offer you nothing at all...

FYI Telus now offers their HD PVR for FREE when you sign on for 3 years, so you can bring that up and see what they say...But then again, they will probably give you the same BS with the whole contract situation etc etc...
Old 11-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #58
Need to Seek Professional Help

I am amazed at how cheap some people are here and some of the sense of entitlement. If you can't afford to spend an extra $50 on a luxury (a want), then don't get it. You're already saving $300, and even getting some extras.

Oh wait. This is RS, home of the spoiled, entitled child.

Quote:
But then again, they will probably give you the same BS with the whole contract situation etc etc...
Is it BS, or is it true? I'm not really out to defend Shaw - however I think their product is decent enough. They can and do point out the contract issue because it is a competitive advantage for them. Don't like Shaw? Go with Telus. Go with Bell.

The contract issue is a real advantage for Shaw. The satellite reception thing? Mostly what I've been told is that it's a non-issue, strata and dish rules aside. Like I said, if you wanna threaten to disconnect w/ Shaw, either be prepared to disconnect or get pwnt. Nobody needs a PVR. If you want one so badly, it's like any other material good - be prepared to shell out.
Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:01 PM   #59
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
hurrry try and let us know what happens.
i dont know if i should hold out a bit before i call back.
on a side note, it seems like "SOME" vancouver people on RFD got the HDPVR after 2nd or 3rd attempt. i just hope the next time i call i wont get that same bitch again.
If you do just hangup and call back as soon as she says how can I help you.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #60

Quote:

i'm gonna call next week and try to talk to a supervisor, and see if it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
If you do just hangup and call back as soon as she says how can I help you.
what?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-26-2008, 08:19 PM   #61
CRS

Maybe mentioning someone I know has the half off PVR thing will help. Who knows. I'm content w/ what i have.. If I get more, the better. If not.. Oh well. I tried my luck. Wasn't all bad, right?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 11-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #62
CRS

Anyone else try?

RX, getting anymore luck your third time around?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 11-27-2008, 12:27 PM   #63
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
i'm gonna call next week and try to talk to a supervisor, and see if it helps.

what?
I was saying if you get the same girl just hang up and try and again don't even talk to her.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:29 PM   #64

don't laugh, but i gave up trying and actually went to BB and picked up a PVR at full price.
they really pissed me off and i really really really wanted HD. once i hooked up the PVR and activated the terminals, i was just blown away by the quality difference that i can actually justify the price tag of $499 now. lol
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-27-2008, 07:54 PM   #65
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
don't laugh, but i gave up trying and actually went to BB and picked up a PVR at full price.
they really pissed me off and i really really really wanted HD. once i hooked up the PVR and activated the terminals, i was just blown away by the quality difference that i can actually justify the price tag of $499 now. lol
oh man.. you lost faith dude! you lost faith!
jasperlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:18 PM   #66

Quote:
oh man.. you lost faith dude! you lost faith!
i got very fed up with talking to the rep. every time i called in they mantioned i called in a day or 2 before and told me what i wanted, so they know i am looking for a deal. so it's either stick with digital tv, buy the PVR at full price, or go with bell, but since i cannot have any sat dishes installed, then i'll have to stick with shaw, and since i really really really want HD, i chose option 2.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #67
CRS

Alright, so this is what I got now:

Shaw Extreme free for 6 months
HD Plus free for 6 months
Canadian time shift free for 6 months

Happy hunting folks. Plus I got the HD-PVR at FS for 429 or something like that.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 12-03-2008, 01:52 PM   #68
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
She said that there is absolutely no way for hardware discounts so no HD-PVR box for cheaper. She did however offer me the following:
What a liar.

I called last year and told them that Bell was offering the HDPVR for free if you sign a contract (it was free or 50% off - I can't remember) and we she went to talk to her manager and came back and offered me a free rental for a year. She said in a year they would call back and I can buy it for 50% off. It was a year back in September and I haven't been called or charged for it

I think it really depends on your tenure with Shaw. I used that as a leveraging point because we have both internet and cable with them and said that we'd be willing to switch over to Bell + Telus if that meant we would get a better deal.

You tell them what you want but you gotta do it in a respectful manner. Don't go demanding things because a pissed off CSR will give you nothing at all.
Chairman Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #69

Quote:
Alright, so this is what I got now:

Shaw Extreme free for 6 months
HD Plus free for 6 months
Canadian time shift free for 6 months

Happy hunting folks. Plus I got the HD-PVR at FS for 429 or something like that.
lol i guess u didnt get the deal for the HDPVR too haha.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #70
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

watch your bills ! the next months, future...
hi5-ive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:47 PM   #71
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

get a sattelite and point it to dn...
Old 12-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #72
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Shaw is sending me a free HDPVR that I have the option to pay half price after 6 months of free HD or rent the box after 6 months for $19.99 per month, they are delivering it this Sunday morning.

I called Shaw - Selected the canceling services option - I got forwarded to a rep - He asked me why I'm canceling - I told him I wanted HDTV and Telus was offering 2 free HDTV boxes with a 3 year contract - He went on a spchiel about how Shaw was better then Telus - I retorted that in my mind free is better then $500 - He then offered the deal.

I've also been a longtime good standing customer of Shaws, which was brought up in the conversation, I'm pretty sure that has a lot to do with getting the best deal. If you're a newb just looking for a handout I don't think you're going to have as much luck. But if you've been a customer for a long time you should definitely bring it up. Also, be polite and act stupid so they feel they have the upper hand. I actually asked the guy if I can still use TV in my bedroom if I have the digital box hooked up in my living room haha.

Good Luck.
I've only run 1/8th mile and it did a consistant 9.5 seconds.
Quote:
Originally posted by rice cooker
your car does 19sec 1/4 mile?
Quote:
Originally posted by hypa
you suck at math.

Last edited by PHRiSCo; 12-04-2008 at 10:39 AM.
PHRiSCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #73
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

so I called as well... saying that I was cancelling to bundle my TV, internet and phone with Telus to save some $$, here's what I got after they gave me the BS about telus TV being sucky

Called in last night:
$39.95 for ch 1-28 + Fairchild + basic HD channels
HD Box regular price (no free 6 month rental)
Internet $19.95 (5mb) for 12 months, 32 after
Phone Basic $14.95 for 12 months, 20.95 after

not that great of a deal...

called in again this morning
6 months free HD PVR box, after it will be $299 (the rep said its half price of the regular price $600, even tho on shaw's website it says its on special for $498)

$39.95 for TV, ch 2-58, canadian time shifting, fairchild + basic HD channels

Internet 6 months $29.95, after $32

Phone $14.95 for 12 months

so I took the second option.

What the rep told me was....either you take the package with the cheaper TV/HD box, or take the package with the lower internet price..
its one of the other
CT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #74
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,590 Times in 4,304 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has gottin any deals from shaw latley? I just got off the phone with them said that bell is willing to give me the hdpvr for $299 with 6 months of from hd programming. and was wondering if they could match. The women on the phone told me too bad box cost now $649 and that how much is costs and they will not budge. I explained I have been a customer for 20+ years my tv internet and phone are with them. She then said thats how much it costs the deal in Dec is over and too bad.

Has anyone gottin any deals latley or what? I'm just pissed I want a box now lol
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:19 AM   #75
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I was wondering if anyone has gottin any deals from shaw latley? I just got off the phone with them said that bell is willing to give me the hdpvr for $299 with 6 months of from hd programming. and was wondering if they could match. The women on the phone told me too bad box cost now $649 and that how much is costs and they will not budge. I explained I have been a customer for 20+ years my tv internet and phone are with them. She then said thats how much it costs the deal in Dec is over and too bad.

Has anyone gottin any deals latley or what? I'm just pissed I want a box now lol
Just cancel and switch to Bell. They have more channels and their HD selection is pretty sweet.

A lot of companies don't value customer loyalty anymore. Its pretty disgusting when NEW customers get better deals than customers that have been with the company for 10+ years.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote