REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Transformers 2: Megan Fox is Goddess (https://www.revscene.net/forums/541274-transformers-2-megan-fox-goddess.html)

trd2343 06-28-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 6485406)
Terrible, terrible movie. Michael Bay tends to follow a set formula for his films and, typically, they work. However, this time it failed horribly. From the very first few minutes of the film that, of course, is full of action and explosions, to more than half way through the film, I couldn't stop looking at the time and wondering how the hell I could sit through the rest of the film. That first scene failed to grab my attention at all. I can't put my finger on what it was, but it just sucked. There was too much focus and introduction of various Autobots and Decepticons that simply died thirty seconds later. Yes, it's a movie about Transformers, but at the same time, you put in too many insignificant characters and you start loosing people's interest. To be honest, the only scenes I actually enjoyed were the ones with the Marines (or whatever their Spec-Op's team is called). Those type of action scenes are ones where Bay actually excels at and in Transformers he didn't fail to please. The Twins... ugg, I wanted to kill myself every time they made an appearance on screen.

The CGI was so-so. Some scenes were absolutely fantastic for it, others were horrible. Many of the shots with the robots looked like they were quickly added in and never fully rendered and blended in with the rest of the scene. This was very obvious in the first half of the film, especially in the close up one-on-one fights between Autobots and Decepticons.

Lots of very obvious flaws in the movie, but hey... it's a Bay action film about childhood toys. It was never going to win an Oscar for it's elaborate script or deep plot, nor for shot continuity or believability.

That said...

It needed more slow motion shots of Fox!!! :lol

:werd:

On top of that, does anyone here think that Optimus sounded a lot more violent? Either I mixed it up with the Optimus from Beast Wars, or the movie Optimus was a lot more arrogant.

DanHibiki 06-28-2009 11:22 PM

^

"The Fallen shall rise again!"

"...Not today..." *BANG*

Kamui712 06-28-2009 11:28 PM

twins = jar jar binks x2

Soundy 06-28-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sh0n (Post 6486149)
What I hated:
No plot
No character development

So, they're just staying true to the original cartoon :D

jlo mein 06-28-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reamemiya (Post 6486313)
On top of that, does anyone here think that Optimus sounded a lot more violent? Either I mixed it up with the Optimus from Beast Wars, or the movie Optimus was a lot more arrogant.

I completely agree. The Optimus from G1 was a lot more noble and virtuous. This Revenge Of The Fallen Optimus seemed to be out for Decepticon blood.

Delish 06-29-2009 12:12 AM

After hearing all the reviews I went in with low expectations and came out very satisfied.
I don't really get why people complain about a movie like Transformers having a lame plot. It wasn't that bad to be honest, and who expects an action movie like this one to have Oscar-worthy writing?

Spoiler!

Soundy 06-29-2009 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delish (Post 6486374)
After hearing all the reviews I went in with low expectations and came out very satisfied.
I don't really get why people complain about a movie like Transformers having a lame plot. It wasn't that bad to be honest, and who expects an action movie like this one to have Oscar-worthy writing?

I haven't seen it yet, but this is my thinking:

1. It's Michael "Blow-Shit-Up" Bay
2. It's based on a kid's cartoon
3. Which was based on a toy
4. Which makes it a two-hour freakin' COMMERCIAL

It's hard to get expectations up too high when you take all that into consideration.

That said, I'm really looking forward to seeing it on the big screen!

+Kardboard+ 06-29-2009 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 6486406)

1. It's Michael "Blow-Shit-Up-and-Move-Camera-FAST-So-You-Can't-See-Shit" Bay

It's hard to get expectations up too high when you take all that into consideration.

I fixed it.

Gt-R R34 06-29-2009 01:24 AM

Pretty much :)

GREAT ACTION MOVIE - Other then that..

I HEART MEGAN FOX. ( still young enough to say that. fuck yah)

DanHibiki 06-29-2009 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 6486406)

1. It's Michael "Blow-Shit-Up" Bay

You can say that bout Batman too then and that for sure did not suck.

Soundy 06-29-2009 01:32 AM

Batman wasn't done by Michael Bay... nor was it based on a toy or a *KIDS'* cartoon.

DanHibiki 06-29-2009 02:44 AM

It was a comic for kids. Transformers was also made into a comic. As is Spider-man, X-Men, and any other superhero you can think of. They all fall under the same category.

rice cooker 06-29-2009 03:31 AM

why the fuck are you guys dissecting a blowemup action movie....with cgi galore....with megan fox

movie is damn entertaining and well worth my $12.

hotjoint 06-29-2009 06:58 AM

i loved it

Gt-R R34 06-29-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rice cooker (Post 6486494)
why the fuck are you guys dissecting a blowemup action movie....with cgi galore....with megan fox

movie is damn entertaining and well worth my $12.

MEGAN FOX! I love it.

fsy82 06-29-2009 08:47 AM

so when is transformers 3 coming out? another 2 years?

shenmecar 06-29-2009 09:01 AM

^

sounds about right.

Domani 06-29-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsy82 (Post 6486622)
so when is transformers 3 coming out? another 2 years?

there is a release date already... forgot when it is, it's on wiki

wahyinghung 06-29-2009 06:00 PM

Where's the Dinobots ??? They better include the dinobots in the next one:mad:

ryugeeh 06-29-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marco712 (Post 6486326)
twins = jar jar binks x2

+1 I totally agree. It got old, FAST.

EndLeSS8 06-29-2009 10:04 PM

Just came back from the movie.
I'm going to judge summer movies with 2 scales now, Story and Awesomeness

Story = 6/10
Awesomeness = 11/10

Crazy storyline was meh

Spoiler!

+Kardboard+ 06-29-2009 11:51 PM

Spoiler!

Sums up TF2 well HAHAHAHA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fqN_...layer_embedded

Kamui712 06-30-2009 12:00 AM

^ omg it's from cam in the theatre! lol

illicitstylz 06-30-2009 01:33 AM

silvercity rmd 8pm showing on a monday evening, STILL JAM PACKED

Armind 06-30-2009 02:15 AM

Wow, when I went to watch it, 15 mins early on the first day the movie came out . I just walked right into the theatre and got pretty damn good seats :D