REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #176
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
ya swung by TSB yesterday as well and the line up at TLC was like

the line up at TSB was a little bigger then usual, and my packages were there for about almost 2 weeks and they still got it to me just fine glad i stuck with em since the beginning lol sucks to hear guys
Advertisement

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #177
Rs has made me the man i am today!

good thing i didn't sent my car parts to TLC and stuck with hagens of blaine instead.

Its a further drive but they always give me excellent service there.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #178
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Yesterday i put a sweater on which belongs to me at the chervon and the lady at the gas station reported to the boarder saying she saw me putting on clothes at the gas station.

When i got to the boarder they pulled me over and searched my car and told me a lady who works at the gas station saw me put on clothes... Nothing happened since i claimed everything and proved it was mine. Telling the guy to smell it to prove its not brand new... It's probably because im asian and the car i drove which is why the lady reported me.
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #179
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

seriously? If it wasn't for all the cross-border parcel pick ups, she probably wouldn't have a job right now
tonyzoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #180
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

How much does it cost to have a package redirected through UPS? Do I just have to e-mail the seller to have it done?
beanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #181
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Ok so just to be clear there are three additional parcel pick up services in Point Roberts?

TSB Shipping
RATES | TSB Shipping Plus
$3.50 /parcel (1-15lbs)
$4.50 /parcel (16-25lbs)
Two week storage free, $3.50 fine/week after two weeks

"Your Name"
574 Gulf Road
Point Roberts, WA 98281

Point to Point
Point to Point Parcel - a complete range of package receiving and shipping services.
$3.50 /parcel (1-25lbs)
Two week storage free, $0.30 fine/day after two weeks

“Your Registered Receiver Name”
1591 McKenzie Way
Point Roberts, WA

Shell Gas Station
Shipping Center – Send and Receive Packages via UPS, FedEx, USPS – Point Roberts, WA 98281 « Point Roberts Shell Center
$2.50 /parcel (up to 24" x 24" x 24")
$3.50 /parcel (up to 44" x 44" x 44")
Can not find info about storage time/fines

"Your Name"
423 Tyee Dr. #xxxx(your special shipping code)
Point Roberts, WA 98281

So it seems that Shell Gas Station is the cheapest depending on the size of the parcel and they're open 7 days a week. Which is really convenient for Sunday pick ups.
Otherwise, Point to Point seems to be the better choice for larger packages as they have cheaper storage fee's after the two week grace period and a higher first tier weight limit compared to TSB.

I guess i'll be going with Shell Gas Station.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #182
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Pic it up in Sumas is what I've been using lately. $2.50 a parcel regardless of size.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #183
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,398 Times in 5,090 Posts
^
Uh yah, if you live anywhere near there sure.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #184
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
^ Been using p2p but going to try shell gas station next time.
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #185

For those who ship to Blaine, how often do you get charged tax coming over?
I have an order to place that will be around $500. Do you think it might be worth it to just ship to blaine? because 100P we will get charged tax coming from point roberts
Old 12-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #186
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
For those who ship to Blaine, how often do you get charged tax coming over?
I have an order to place that will be around $500. Do you think it might be worth it to just ship to blaine? because 100P we will get charged tax coming from point roberts
I've only been charged tax once. I think the magic number where they start sending you inside is $300. I've gone through with $250 of items and not be charged anything. The time I was charged tax was on a $350 item. (this is with one person in the car - you may or may not be able to get away with more if you have more people in the car)

It's really at their discretion though since technically your exemption is $0 for <24 hours.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #187
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Hit and miss for Blaine.

I've gone across with $500 worth of stuff before and they just waved me through. Sometimes I've been asked to pay taxes for $300 worth of stuff. Sometimes even $50. It's always luck of the draw but I know my odds have been better at Blaine than at Point Roberts, part of the reason why I stopped going to Point Roberts (that and TLC sucked.)

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #188

Which place do you guys ship to in Blaine? Is it Hagen's?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #189
RS controls my life!

Yup, Hagens, trouble free all the time. Used them for years.
Forgot to log my package only twice in the last 4-5 yrs, but they managed to track it down everytime with my tracking number.

There's one guy that remembers everyone by first name, dunno how he does it.

If you don't want to pay tax on the $500, just take a roadtrip down to seattle for the weekend and be eligible for the 48hrs exemption.
bubba_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #190

I use Security Mail Services. Haven't lost a package yet and since their "modernization" (aka - tracking via computer) it's a lot more organized. Their staff is generally friendly and decent hours. I like them because they have their 24 hour "drop box" access and because I can have an actual physical mailbox there.

There's a ton of places in Blaine. One of my friends passed on this one to me - interesting concept (automated with 24 hour access) and $1/per package. I haven't tried them yet but if someone has, let us know your thoughts on their service:

24/7 PARCEL - Ship it here
Old 12-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #191
Not a mod

I'm hearing that P2P is operating at above capacity and they will likely be refusing packages as well. Apparently the number of parcels being delivered to Pt Roberts shipping places has increased by 400% in the last 2 weeks. They are also getting pretty behind in processing new parcels.
Posted via RS Mobile
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #192
Not a mod

LOL I call bullshit. What makes you think that she reported you to customs? Does she have any benefit to do that, does she have any association to Canadian customs? Are you sure it had nothing to do with your responses or your action when speaking to the officer?

I can see someone reporting a 'boarder' jumper or highly suspicious behaviour. But to report someone for a sweater... Bull shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Yesterday i put a sweater on which belongs to me at the chervon and the lady at the gas station reported to the boarder saying she saw me putting on clothes at the gas station.
Posted via RS Mobile
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #193
Director of RS Cares

They updated their notice on their website again today. What does "other carrier packages" mean?!?!?! GOD, I AM SO PISSED!!! I ordered everything ahead of time because I was worried something would go terribly wrong (not receiving it by Christmas or something) and TLC TOTALLY FUCKS EVERYTHING UP.

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY MONDAY DECEMBER 3RD WE WILL BE RECEIVING ALL US MAIL. OTHER CARRIER PACKAGES WILL BE RECEIVED ON A SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS. THOSE PACKAGES FROM OTHER CARRIERS THAT WILL NOT FIT IN OUR FACILITY EACH DAY WILL BE MARKED AS REFUSED RETURN TO SENDER AND PLACED BACK ON THE TRUCK. WE EXPECT TO BE REFUSING BETWEEN 300 AND 600 PACKAGES A DAY.

THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY AND WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEARCH FOR SPECIFIC PACKAGES. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT FROM THIS POINT ON UNTIL DECEMBER 22ND YOU NOT SHIP ANY FURTHER PURCHASES IN TO OUR FACILITY SINCE WE CANNOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE AT THIS TIME.
ONCE AGAIN THIS WILL MOST LIKELY BE IN EFFECT UNTIL DECEMBER 22ND.

WE ARE ALSO 1 TO 3 DAYS BEHIND ON PROCESSING WHAT WE HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED. PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN PICKING UP

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THIS BUT THERE IS NO ROOM TO TAKE PACKAGES WITHOUT BEING IN VIOLATION OF STATE FIRE CODES AND PLACING OUR EMPLOYEES AT RISK OF INJURY.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
*snip* PLACING OUR EMPLOYEES AT RISK OF INJURY.
I get the feeling that very soon, boxes might not be the only thing placing their employees at risk of injury...
Old 12-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCrusher View Post
I'm hearing that P2P is operating at above capacity and they will likely be refusing packages as well. Apparently the number of parcels being delivered to Pt Roberts shipping places has increased by 400% in the last 2 weeks. They are also getting pretty behind in processing new parcels.
Posted via RS Mobile
Where did you hear this from?
I sent an item to them two days ago...
Old 12-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #196
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
Which place do you guys ship to in Blaine? Is it Hagen's?
I recommend Hagen's so I personally don't run into these problems.

Just kidding. I use Blaine Enterprises which is down the street from Hagen's. Colleen, Paul and their family have been awesome to me for the past 5 years. USD/CAD always accepted at par. Colleen is Canadian.

If you do choose to use Blaine Enterprises, please make sure you DO NOT pull a u-turn in front of their store. Bellingham Police camp a little further up and catch people doing it all the time despite a huge "NO U-TURN" sign.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #197
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
i believe they are referring to ups, fedex, etc etc.

by US MAIL i'm guessing they are only receiving USPS at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
They updated their notice on their website again today. What does "other carrier packages" mean?!?!?! GOD, I AM SO PISSED!!! I ordered everything ahead of time because I was worried something would go terribly wrong (not receiving it by Christmas or something) and TLC TOTALLY FUCKS EVERYTHING UP.

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY MONDAY DECEMBER 3RD WE WILL BE RECEIVING ALL US MAIL. OTHER CARRIER PACKAGES WILL BE RECEIVED ON A SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS. THOSE PACKAGES FROM OTHER CARRIERS THAT WILL NOT FIT IN OUR FACILITY EACH DAY WILL BE MARKED AS REFUSED RETURN TO SENDER AND PLACED BACK ON THE TRUCK. WE EXPECT TO BE REFUSING BETWEEN 300 AND 600 PACKAGES A DAY.

THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY AND WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEARCH FOR SPECIFIC PACKAGES. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT FROM THIS POINT ON UNTIL DECEMBER 22ND YOU NOT SHIP ANY FURTHER PURCHASES IN TO OUR FACILITY SINCE WE CANNOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE AT THIS TIME.
ONCE AGAIN THIS WILL MOST LIKELY BE IN EFFECT UNTIL DECEMBER 22ND.

WE ARE ALSO 1 TO 3 DAYS BEHIND ON PROCESSING WHAT WE HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED. PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN PICKING UP

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THIS BUT THERE IS NO ROOM TO TAKE PACKAGES WITHOUT BEING IN VIOLATION OF STATE FIRE CODES AND PLACING OUR EMPLOYEES AT RISK OF INJURY.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #198
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

TSB has been around as long as TLC and provided better service and organization from the get go, and I never hear of TSB getting backed up by huge lines for pickup. Although I have moved on from TSB to Shell since they have much more flexible hours for pickup and are a bit cheaper as well. Shell will hold packages for 30 days with no charge, icing on top

Point Roberts has been good with letting about $300 drive through tax and duty free. About 3 years ago, they were pretty tight with taxing even $50, but I've known people who have picked up $500-800 and not been dinged in the past 1-2 years. I'd say your odds are about as good as Blaine crossings with regards to getting through tax free.

Last edited by UFO; 12-02-2012 at 09:56 PM.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #199
HELP ME PLS!!!

I used to use TLC, then switched to other options about a year ago because every time I go to TLC there would be a huge ass lineup even before it opens, and not to be mean, but the old guy takes forever to find packages at the back.

Now I go and pick up my packages from TSB or P2P, then on my way back to cross the canadian border I chuckle every time, I see like 30+ ppl lining up already at TLC before it even opens!!

I have seen an increase in people at TSB/P2P though, probably will give SHELL a try, since it is still relatively unknown
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #200
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,051 Times in 265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanzzz View Post
How much does it cost to have a package redirected through UPS? Do I just have to e-mail the seller to have it done?
Call UPS directly. 1-800-742-5877. Should be $5.
bananana is offline   Reply With Quote