REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 10-06-2010, 03:33 PM   #726
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

asked if i could get iPhone4, they told i couldn't due to my heavily discounted plan
Advertisement
cdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #727
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
What do you mean by "immediate resistance"?
5th call: The rep said I shouldn't have called this number, asked how I got this number, and said I need to call in again through the normal number. I said I'm sorry and he LITERALLY hung up on me.

6th call (within an hour): Same thing, but the rep didn't hang up, however, everything that was offered was no where close to what I was initially offered in the first 4 calls. It was basically just retention plans with no monthly credits at all.

I COULD be wrong, but I figure I might have been flagged, as many people did warn about using the direct number, yet I still hear about people calling multiple times and getting away with it.
trd2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #728
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Hey was wondering if anyone is able to help me out on this. I'm under 19 and therefore my account is under my mother's name, and I was told I'm not allowed to call into crs and change anything because it is technically not my account. I then told them that my friends, also under 19, have been able to call in and get retention plans no problem. I believe they told me the same thing the last time my contract was ending and they gave my mother a pretty shitty deal but since she didn't know I could get anything better she took it. Is there anyway I could call in? If I can't come up with anything I might just try and say my mother can't speak english and therefore I need to translate.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #729
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

^ Just get another female to say she's your mother and to grant you power over the account (first degree). Yes it's a little dishonest but your mom consents and the CSR really doesn't care--just a formality. After you're a first degree user you can make all the changes the account holder can... though I think you may only be able to be second degree under 19.

I got my phone when I was 17 so my mom signed but they put me on as second degree on the account right away (my mom speaks english but she didn't want to deal with my phone stuff). When I turned 19 we transferred the account to me.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #730
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

^
just have your mom with you when you call in to fido and she can give you authorization to change stuff on your account
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #731

Btw I forgot to mention I AM 1st (highest) on the account BUT I am still UNABLE to call crs, I just talked to my friend and he was in the same situation but they still allowed him to change his plan wtf?
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #732
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongy View Post
Btw I forgot to mention I AM 1st (highest) on the account BUT I am still UNABLE to call crs, I just talked to my friend and he was in the same situation but they still allowed him to change his plan wtf?
call in, and tell them that you're mom is going to make you an authorized user. they'll ask to speak to your mom, ask some security questions if any, and confirm that "yes, she wants you to be an authorized user"

something i had my mom do the moment i got a new plan 3 years ago after cancelling bell. renewed my contract through retentions in may i believe it was, mom is in a whole different city than me so yea... should work like that.
impulseX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #733

just wondering, what's the direct number for retentions?
Old 10-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #734
degenerate extraordinaire

but hongy was stating he is already on the first authorization level
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #735

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulseX View Post
just wondering, what's the direct number for retentions?
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #736

thanks!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkaku View Post
but hongy was stating he is already on the first authorization level
that's really strange then.. i've been with fido since '07. and everything i've been able to change on the account. the only time i needed authorization was when i changed from my alberta number to a bc number.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:37 PM   #738
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongy View Post
weird what # do you call and what do tell them? I'm only a authorized user and i called them a week ago, i just give them my name and the info they usually ask me for and i can make the changes. They told me when I became a authorized user that i could make any changes besides cancellation, i could even renew. My father is the account holder.

btw the deal i was offered:
200min
Evenings/weekends @ 5pm
2500txt
Voicemail
Caller ID
Flex bbm data
For $37 Tax in

Tried to get unlimited incoming, but they wanted $5
LemonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:28 PM   #739

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonT View Post
weird what # do you call and what do tell them? I'm only a authorized user and i called them a week ago, i just give them my name and the info they usually ask me for and i can make the changes. They told me when I became a authorized user that i could make any changes besides cancellation, i could even renew. My father is the account holder.

btw the deal i was offered:
200min
Evenings/weekends @ 5pm
2500txt
Voicemail
Caller ID
Flex bbm data
For $37 Tax in

Tried to get unlimited incoming, but they wanted $5
I'm authorized and renewed. never tried cancelling though.

my plan is identical to your offer minus the data, total is 30 after taxes.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #740
~~

Got my mom the $35 unlimited unzoned calling plan + 7 CID + tax = $47 from the old city fido. What can I say to get CID credited?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsncars View Post
^ Just get another female to say she's your mother and to grant you power over the account (first degree). Yes it's a little dishonest but your mom consents and the CSR really doesn't care--just a formality. After you're a first degree user you can make all the changes the account holder can... though I think you may only be able to be second degree under 19.

I got my phone when I was 17 so my mom signed but they put me on as second degree on the account right away (my mom speaks english but she didn't want to deal with my phone stuff). When I turned 19 we transferred the account to me.
not true..I'm 17 and first degree but then again they never asked my age lol!
Posted via RS Mobile
rien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:46 PM   #741
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

anybody have experience dealing with retentions as a new customer?

trying to help my girlfriend that is with koodo, get a plan that is better than the ones currently available at stores and websites with hopefully an iphone 4.

OR

can i open up a second line on my account with the same or similar plan that I can just give to her?

I have:

200 min/ unlimited weekends and evenings at 5pm
caller id/ voice mail/ 2500 texts
100mb data flex plan
for $27.50
sp00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:12 AM   #742
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

You can't deal with retention as a new customer. What she needs to do to get a retention plan is sign up for a new account and wait 3 months then ask for a retention plan. Or you can open a second line on your account that might work.
Posted via RS Mobile
MTV Cribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #743
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

when you call retentions, does it change your current plan, or does it add to your current contract?
Posted via RS Mobile
dyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #744
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbaddie View Post
when you call retentions, does it change your current plan, or does it add to your current contract?
Posted via RS Mobile
Bit of both.

It depends on exactly what you're changing and how extreme are these modifications.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:33 AM   #745

my plan right now is really expensive compared to what people are getting. Just wondering if they could add cid and maybe lower price a bit.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #746
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Does the direct retentions number no longer work? It does the same thing as 611 now
The_Situation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #747
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbaddie View Post
my plan right now is really expensive compared to what people are getting. Just wondering if they could add cid and maybe lower price a bit.
Posted via RS Mobile
People need to realize that some of these "Epic Plans" weren't won over in a day or a single phone call. These people have normally been with the company for a substantial amount of time and have had to make numerous calls.

With that said, how long have you been with them? And what is your current plan and when did you sign it?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #748

Ive signed a 3 yr contract with fido almost 2 years ago...
My plan is:
200 daytime min
Unlimited eve + weekends
Unlim texting
17.50+ system access + text add on. works out around 38?
Old 10-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #749

Just got off the phone with them and my plan didn't get much better but it'll do for now. Apparently their constant texts and phone calls were just to tell me my contract ends 6 MONTHS FROM NOW! fucking bullshit.

$25+$3 tax=$28 a month gets me
200 daytime minutes
Fido2Fido
Evenings/Weekends @5pm
2500 text
100 mms
Caller ID/Voice Mail

I basically got a $5 credit and then paid an extra $5 for the mms. I will call again in a few months or so, they were unable to match Splmash's $17.50 a month (apparently its the $17.50 a month plan with over $20 worth of options on credit without seeing his phone number). This was even after I've told them all the issues I've had with them, no bills for my account for the first 4 months of this year and still have never seen them and now its happening to my sister, and the fact I've been with them for 4 years and my sister 8 years. I told them i planned to cancel and was told it'll cost me $100. At this point if I can't get a data plan as well I might as well cancel, yes I get a shit plan someone where else but I'm done with fido at this point.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensing View Post
Got my mom the $35 unlimited unzoned calling plan + 7 CID + tax = $47 from the old city fido. What can I say to get CID credited?

not true..I'm 17 and first degree but then again they never asked my age lol!
Posted via RS Mobile
When they make you first degree, if i'm not mistaken (this was well over 3 years ago) they do ask for your own birthday. (month, day and year) so... asking your age is irrelavent because it's on file