REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 04-17-2016, 07:38 PM   #1751
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
My contract ends in Jan 2017 but looking for a new phone. Got my eyes on the S6 edge do you think they will give me some deals or no?
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:59 AM   #1752
I came, I saw, I conquered.

Looks like they are scraping the Fido dollar. Does anyone know if I can use it to redeem accessories?
Old 05-02-2016, 12:05 PM   #1753
God of Unce

..and here I am hoping to use it towards an iPhone 7. Fuck.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:13 PM   #1754
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Fido is changing their plans.. Looks so bad
Fido is completely revamping its plans starting July 7 | MobileSyrup.com

Gone are the main category names Talk & Text, Smart and Max. Fido’s in-market monthly rate plans are being simplified in to four tiers of pricing: BYOP, Plus10, Plus15 and Plus35. Those tiers are aptly named. Plus10 adds $10 to BYOP pricing, Plus15 adds $15, and Plus35 adds $35.

The tiers are then sectioned in to three categories: talk and text; data, talk and text; and data, talk and text Pulse (which includes Spotify and Fido Roam).

The new system will substantially streamline Fido’s offerings. The changes coming to each subsection are summarized below, though the internal documents received by MobileSyrup note that pricing may change by July 7.

Fido also states that once plan changes kick in, grandfathered and loyalty plans will be counted at a Plus15 tier, meaning that the upfront pricing of a phone will be double what it was before. For that reason, the document urges reps to make sure they urge customers to upgrade now.

Talk and text

Talk and text plans will be offered with either 100 nationwide minutes or unlimited nationwide minutes, starting at $25 and $40 for BYOP respectively. Plus10 and Plus15 options will be available, but Plus35 will not. Any talk and text plans featuring 350 or 500 minutes will be leaving the lineup.

Data, talk and text

Data, talk and text plans will come in the following increments: 100 minutes and 100MB starting at $30 BYOP, 500 minutes and 500MB starting at $40 BYOP, 500 minutes and 1GB starting at $50 BYOP, and 1000 minutes and 2GB starting at $60 BYOP. The Plus35 is, again, not an option for this sub-section of plans.

Many current smart, standard and BYOP data, talk and text plans are being cut that don’t fall in to those options, and all limited-time max plans with 300 local minutes are getting the axe.

Data, talk and text with Pulse

Pulse plans are a $5 hike in price from data, talk and text plans, and will skew towards higher data amounts, all with unlimited nationwide calling. There’s 1GB starting at $55 BYOP, 2GB for $65, 3GB for $75, 5GB for $95 and 7GB for $105. The Plus35 tier is active for Pulse plans.

Any Pulse plans with data amounts lower than 1GB or anything with a limited amount of minutes will be cut, and all pulse max plans will also be phased out.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:39 PM   #1755
I STILL don't get it

If it weren't for your post about Fido I would have likely continued paying them in the region of $130+/month for my 5GB data plan with the add-ons. The service rep didn't even mention these things when I asked what he could do for me. I had to ask him why has my bill been averaging $127.50 over the past 6 months when a +35 Tier plan is $105 for 7GB of data. It's only then he's like, "Yes we can switch you to a BYOP plan and do that, my apologies..."

I use a lot of data, typically go over my 5GB allocation/month so I'm thinking this plan will work. I dumped addons like device protection ($11) and 1GB extra data ($15), only keeping Int Calling ($5 and worth it imo)

Contract is up next week and I've been with Fido since moving to Canada 7 years ago. I'm wondering if I can find something better or if a retention plan may be worth extending. I still think $110/month is on the higher end of plans but I'm not sure if my data usage 6 GB/month is typical or higher than average.
R. Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 05:26 PM   #1756
God of Unce

Data can be used Canada wide right?
Old 07-20-2016, 07:10 PM   #1757
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armind View Post
Data can be used Canada wide right?
Yes anywhere when you're on the Fido network

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:43 PM   #1758
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
Yes anywhere when you're on the Fido network
As long as you can use Roger/Fido network, then your data is canada-wide.
tdeweyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:39 PM   #1759
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
I've never been happier switching from Fido. I was with them since 2003 and ended out switching out in 2014 due to a lack of customer service and shitty plans. I was spending more money on a purchasing a phone and monthly for my plan than I was with a few other companies.

Since then I've been with Virgin Mobile and just managed to receive $63/month 4gb Data unlimited Canada/US. I was contemplating switching back to Fido for a Pulse Plan because I liked the idea of Spotify Premium but it'll cost me good money to get the appropriate data to be able to use Spotify Premium.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:57 PM   #1760

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
I've never been happier switching from Fido. I was with them since 2003 and ended out switching out in 2014 due to a lack of customer service and shitty plans. I was spending more money on a purchasing a phone and monthly for my plan than I was with a few other companies.

Since then I've been with Virgin Mobile and just managed to receive $63/month 4gb Data unlimited Canada/US. I was contemplating switching back to Fido for a Pulse Plan because I liked the idea of Spotify Premium but it'll cost me good money to get the appropriate data to be able to use Spotify Premium.
im on the koodoo $48/mo plan with 5gb data a month. i have a spotify apk installed on my s7 that has no limit on skips, only downside is that i cant save music for offline use. i honestly can say that i have no desire for spotify premium.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:28 PM   #1761
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

basicly all the plans are explensive as fuck now.
jdzle69 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2016, 08:20 AM   #1762
God of Unce

So which phone can I spend my Fido dollars on nowadays? Stupid requirements of having a particular plan to qualify for certain ones.
Armind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:36 AM   #1763
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,037 Times in 94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armind View Post
So which phone can I spend my Fido dollars on nowadays? Stupid requirements of having a particular plan to qualify for certain ones.
None? The last day to use Fido dollars is July 6 I believe.
Amped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:37 AM   #1764
God of Unce

Forgot where I read it, but you stop earning Fido Dollars this year. But have a year or so to spend it before it's vanishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped View Post
None? The last day to use Fido dollars is July 6 I believe.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:50 AM   #1765
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
I was told that my fido dollars are redeemable til April of next year. Pretty sure it depends when you started your contract.

My contact is up in January. According to them, I should be able to lock back in for another 2 years with the same plan and still get a subsidized phone and apply my fido dollars.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:03 AM   #1766
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
I was told that my fido dollars are redeemable til April of next year. Pretty sure it depends when you started your contract.

My contact is up in January. According to them, I should be able to lock back in for another 2 years with the same plan and still get a subsidized phone and apply my fido dollars.
Not sure about now but before as long as when you resign a contract with a phone that's not apply they will allow you keep your plan with the 2 year sub. Not sure now then since most high end smartphone cost the same and Samsung phones are really popular now.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:47 AM   #1767
God of Unce

My contract ended last month, but i'm on retentions plan. That sort of limits the phones I get to pick, no? Last time I couldn't pick the iPhone because the cost of my plan has to be a minimum of $$$.. wtf.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:16 AM   #1768

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Ppl is still collecting Fido dollars right now, have some extra time to use it. Ppl who stopped collecting a while ago have lost it all.

Might want to go into store and check if you can get a subsidized phone. Gf was going to just buy a phone outright because of grandfathered plan and not paying enough monthly to meet whatever requirements it said online, for example, $80+ or whatever it was at the time. The Fido worker in the store tried to sign a contract to get subsidy and the computer let him do it.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:19 AM   #1769
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
My plan is only $56 lol

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:01 PM   #1770
I subscribe to Revscene

^do you have a $5 credit?
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:12 PM   #1771
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Are you able to use fido dollars to buy a phone outright or does it have to be on a contract?
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:01 PM   #1772
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
Are you able to use fido dollars to buy a phone outright or does it have to be on a contract?
I was able to buy my Galaxy S4 and S6 outright with my Fido dollars. Should work unless they changed things.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2016, 11:46 PM   #1773
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
What prices are you looking at now on an iphone se/6/6s if you were to sign 2 year contract on grandfathered 200min unlimited evenings and weekends with 6gb data?
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:03 AM   #1774
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corollagtSr5 View Post
What prices are you looking at now on an iphone se/6/6s if you were to sign 2 year contract on grandfathered 200min unlimited evenings and weekends with 6gb data?
I don't think you'll even be able to sign a new 2 year contract on a grandfathered plan anymore if you want to HUP.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:11 PM   #1775

Fido got shit on over the weekend!
Fido offers 4GB for $40, Vancouver loses its mind | Daily Hive Vancouver
This post FAILED by: