REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 11-05-2008, 12:02 AM   #76
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

lockpicking is really useful lol.. you'll soon find out later in the game :P.
Advertisement
turbomelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:14 AM   #77
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,903 Times in 8,247 Posts
The loot in this game pretty much sucks... All there is is garbage dropped by mobs you kill... All the 'caves' I have explored have no good loot at the end, and you end up just wasting a lot of time, not getting anywhere.

This game is definitely failing to capture my attention. I loved Oblivion too, and although I can see a LOT of similarities, this one just isn't grabbing me for some reason. I guess because there is very little loot progression
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:26 AM   #78
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
The loot in this game pretty much sucks... All there is is garbage dropped by mobs you kill... All the 'caves' I have explored have no good loot at the end, and you end up just wasting a lot of time, not getting anywhere.

This game is definitely failing to capture my attention. I loved Oblivion too, and although I can see a LOT of similarities, this one just isn't grabbing me for some reason. I guess because there is very little loot progression
I thought the same as well with the amount of junk in the game... til I read about how many of these junks are actually valuable components to weapon creation. I forgot the recipe but tin can plus grenade and other stuff makes a much stronger explosive. Though I am still too low level to do craft anything, I just store all my junks in the locker.
chopchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:42 AM   #79
I bringith the lowerballerith

its a wasteland what do you expect? having mob rats shtting gold coins or having enclave armory in every buildings/ruins? The junks are one of the highlight of the game reflecting what you mostly would see in a torn world. This is no COD or CS where you have almost unlimited ammo going rambo style, you suppose to use VATS mostly to conserve your gears thats how they want you to survive.

feel free to add me!
yangwenli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:14 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangwenli View Post
what do you expect?
Something along the lines of Oblivion or, say, every other good RPG ever created in the last 30 years or so.

Last edited by SkinnyPupp; 11-05-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:12 AM   #81
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,323 Posts
I need to start doing the quests. I've spent most of my time wandering and killing every mob in sight. I'm halfway to level 14 and I think I've completed maybe 3 quests, I have tons open. The good thing is once I do decide to do them is I can fast travel almost everywhere on the map.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:35 AM   #82
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Something along the lines of Oblivion or, say, every other good RPG ever created in the last 30 years or so.
As I mentioned before, FO is not like those RPGs where you can get the ultimate weapon and disregard your SPECIAL assignment.
There is a time when you have to sig a post.

It just happened.
wouwou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:47 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by wouwou View Post
As I mentioned before, FO is not like those RPGs where you can get the ultimate weapon and disregard your SPECIAL assignment.
After a few more hours of play (the stupid fire ant quest) I can say with certainty that I don't like this game. I can see why others do (and I gave it MANY chances, I kept coming back to it) but it just isn't fun to play for me. This is coming from a pretty big Oblivion fan (although I never played Fallout 1 or 2).
Old 11-05-2008, 07:55 AM   #84
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,483 Times in 5,718 Posts
^ I never played the first 2 fo's and I hated oblivion but I love fo3 lol
Old 11-05-2008, 08:24 AM   #85

Quote:
After a few more hours of play (the stupid fire ant quest) I can say with certainty that I don't like this game. I can see why others do (and I gave it MANY chances, I kept coming back to it) but it just isn't fun to play for me. This is coming from a pretty big Oblivion fan (although I never played Fallout 1 or 2).
trade it in at FS for maximum value, and get GeOW2 for 10 bucks

It just happened.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #86
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
just stick to the mane story and the game is fucking sweet, the fire ants are fuckers
also, gears of war 2 tomorrow, it sucks how u cant pre order the collectors edition
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:45 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by halogodv2 View Post
just stick to the mane story and the game is fucking sweet, the fire ants are fuckers
also, gears of war 2 tomorrow, it sucks how u cant pre order the collectors edition
There's plenty of GTA4 collections, and Halo 3 legendary edition flowing around.

dont worry about not being to get one for GEOW2 a month down the road

It just happened.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:47 AM   #88
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Had a sweet VAT moment, last night. I was on the elevated highway taking out all the raiders along it. I saw a raider from a distance, and he saw me. I took cover behind a barrier, and waited for him. He was fast. As soon as he rounded the corner, I activated VAT to unload half-dozen 5.56mm rounds into his head. In the time it took me to let loose a shot, the raider jumped in the air and whipped out a flame flower, and just as he was about to fire, my second set of bullets were released and exploded his head like a watermelon in beautiful, graphic, gory detail.

I love this game.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #89
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
^ I never played the first 2 fo's and I hated oblivion but I love fo3 lol
+1
I thought Oblivion was crazy but swords + first person just couldn't do it for me. I loved the environment and setting more than Fallout 3 though, but the creepiness of FO is pretty sweet.
chopchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #90
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wouwou View Post
There's plenty of GTA4 collections, and Halo 3 legendary edition flowing around.

dont worry about not being to get one for GEOW2 a month down the road
that is very true, i remember seeing the halo 3 helmet one at f-shop for 49.99 haha and i thought it was going to be the only one having it lol when i pre ordered it lol
Old 11-05-2008, 10:55 AM   #91
RS Operative (G)

does anyone play in 3rd person view at all, it seems like he is walking with a limp in 3rd person lol
i stick with 1st ftw
Old 11-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #92
Rs has made me the man i am today!

The 3rd person view is gay. They let you customize the way your character looks, but you can't even view your own character from the front. The character animations suck too, looks like he's kinda just floating around instead of walking. Definitely better in fps view

Quote:
Originally posted by Marco911
Must be funny when he sees his psychiatrist for treatment of his delusions of grandeur.

Hyde: "See my black Ferrari parked in the handicapped spot outside your office"
Doctor: "Where? All I see is a Yaris."
Hyde: "It's a Ferrari dammit! LoL! Yaris!?"
Doctor: " I'd appreciate if you didn't park in the handicap spots."
Hyde: "LOL! The ticket is only like $500 bucks. In fact, my dad's factory makes the handicapped street signs. If you look closely at vegetable in the wheelchair, it's really a picture of me when I was born."
Doctor: "Here, come a little closer you won't feel this at all."<Injects 20cc of Haloperidol>
Hyde: "I feel woozy...hey, what did you do to my Ferrari? That's a real piece of shit parked in my spot."
Doctor: "Welcome to reality."
Guy_LikeWhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #93

^ if you go AFK for a few minutes the camera pans around your guy so u can see everything he's wearing
Old 11-05-2008, 04:41 PM   #94

If you wanna view your char from the front Hit the F key on your keyboard.. ( if you're playing it on PC ) and rotate the mouse lol.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #95

lol fuck, i just came out of some scavengers hut near Tennpenny tower, and there were 3 bounty hunters waiting for me

Apparently there is a bounty on my head for the "attrocities" ive commited across the Wastes, they called me the little brat that escaped from the vault lol

needless to say, shotgun blasts to the head made them take a quick nap
Old 11-05-2008, 07:06 PM   #96
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
I think an easy way to build up good karma is to give that guy, sitting outside of Megaton, a lot of purified water.

I don't want to risk reading any spoilers, but does anyone know how I go about in using my repair skill to fix my stuff? Do I need a hammer or something?
Old 11-05-2008, 08:37 PM   #97

to fix your stuff you need to have items of the same type.

Then you hover your cusor over the weapon you wanna repair.. and hit R then it'll bring up the repair menu. Be careful though, to not overwrite a weapon you want to keep with the weapon you're repairing. The weapon that's being repaired is surrounded by brackets. OR you can pay a vendor to repair.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:56 PM   #98

See, it's a new day, and I WANT TO PLAY FALLOUT 3 AGAIN! But I know I'll just get pissed off... Maybe creating a new character really would help... dammit!
Old 11-05-2008, 09:32 PM   #99

Saw this posted about one of fallout's cohorts.. Hilarious.

Spoiler!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:57 PM   #100

I started the game again, putting a ton of points into Intelligence and Luck. So far fights are going a lot better with VATS. I also focused more on small weapons rather than trying to spread points between two weapon types, and put some into melee to conserve ammo.

It sucks not having high speech and charisma though