REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 12-13-2008, 08:38 PM   #26
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
calling 10+ times a day (sometimes within 4 hours)
always wants to know where you are or what youre doing
gets jealous when you are out with friends of the opposite sex

mind you, this is when you're not even together and not even bf/gf
I think calling 10 times a day is fine as long as you're boyfriend and girlfriend. I would want my gf to call me a lot, to be honest. I like a girl that cares about me and is willing to call me whenever she can.

Wanting to know where you are and what you're doing is fine too. I'd actually be worried if my gf didn't care about my whereabouts.

And getting jealous when you're with the opposite sex? Sorry I wouldn't let my gf hang out with the opposite sex unless I'm there by her side. I don't want her to hang out with guys when I'm not there and nor should she want to. Having her own female friends is O.K. as long as they're not pressuring her into flirting and doing other things with other guys.

Of course If you're NOT bf/gf, then thats wrong but if you are BF/GF I think stuff like this is normal.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4

Last edited by The7even; 12-13-2008 at 08:44 PM.
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:41 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel604 View Post
i will rather have a clingy type of guy than an "asshole type of guy". thank you.
see, thats what I'm talking about. I love girls like her.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4

Last edited by The7even; 12-13-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:26 PM   #28
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
I think calling 10 times a day is fine as long as you're boyfriend and girlfriend. I would want my gf to call me a lot, to be honest. I like a girl that cares about me and is willing to call me whenever she can.

Wanting to know where you are and what you're doing is fine too. I'd actually be worried if my gf didn't care about my whereabouts.

And getting jealous when you're with the opposite sex? Sorry I wouldn't let my gf hang out with the opposite sex unless I'm there by her side. I don't want her to hang out with guys when I'm not there and nor should she want to. Having her own female friends is O.K. as long as they're not pressuring her into flirting and doing other things with other guys.

Of course If you're NOT bf/gf, then thats wrong but if you are BF/GF I think stuff like this is normal.
now THAT'S clingy
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:41 PM   #29
MoD

Thanked 1,805 Times in 227 Posts
Quote:

10 times a day is a bit excessive. After a week you are going to go nuts.
I say three times a day to check up is enough. A phone call with the intention to chatter for a long time doesn't count.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:54 AM   #30
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Red face

^

i think its fine~ its normal to get all jealous, because we are all human beings.

see, ppl might think its clingy because they are not fully like or love that person
whats the point of having a gf or bf?

for sure a clique answer will be these days is " to have someone to have sex" with

its good for a guy to be clingy to show appreciation and proof that he cares about the girl i guess im an old fashion type of female..
calling 3 times a day is like nothing, it not like the couple are seeing each other everyday ~

as a female, i would rather go out with a clingy guy because it decreases the female insecurities.

Last edited by caramel604; 12-14-2008 at 02:56 AM.
caramel604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:27 AM   #31
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:

I think i found my exact twin, you think the same way i do
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:46 AM   #32
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I think gf/bf hanging out with the opposite sex is fine. There needs to be a certain level of trust. Fu@k calling 10 times a day. That would be annoying as hell. You might as well put a GPS on each other then lol. You need to get a hobby if you're on the phone that much with your gf.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:25 PM   #33
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel604 View Post
^

i think its fine~ its normal to get all jealous, because we are all human beings.
yea the way i think about this jealousy thing is that
if ur bf/gf seems rly chill about u hanging out, lets say alone,
with the opposite sex, u might think "yaaaa my bf/gf is so chill its awesome"
But u know whaaaaattt, mayyyyybe its cuz he/she does
the same + more and dont want you to call him/her out on it.
dun dun DUNNNNNN.
BabyblooLexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #34

honestly, are any of you guys in a relationship that has any kind of love in it? or is it just for fucking?

Either one is fine but don't say that in a relationship where both people are really in love, it is "clingy" to be calling 10 times.

It's not. If you're just fucking, then sure. But if you're in love, then its the norm.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
Old 12-15-2008, 09:54 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2_alpha View Post
10 times a day is a bit excessive. After a week you are going to go nuts.
I say three times a day to check up is enough. A phone call with the intention to chatter for a long time doesn't count.
see, I don't call to check up... I call because I love her and want to hear from her.. make sense?

I mean, if she was a booty call, I guess I would understand.. but if you're in love and you call 3 times to check up... I don't know, I'd say you're not crazy enough about her.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
Old 12-15-2008, 10:59 AM   #36
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Clingy only exsists when both parties are not on the same page. If you're super independant than a gf calling to chitchat or checkup on you more than 5 times a day is going to be clingy. If you're just as dependant and needy as your gf than calling 5 or even 10 times a day to chat or checkup than it won't be clingy.

I want my bf to know my whereabouts as I want to know his. It's as easy as good communication, what's hard or annoying about that?
Old 12-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #37
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:

Nice

For those who disagree. Would you rather your gf find another guy to fulfill all her "friendly" necessities? IMO, if I'm in a relationship with a girl, I expect the given the role as her boyfriend & her bestfriend.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:51 PM   #38
Ubereem Mod

Quote:

You call 10 times a day, but how long is each phone call??
Do you have that much time per day??
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #39
Need my Daily Fix of RS

my def, not being allowed to go out with girl "friends" or with guy friends that have girlfriends with them, getting a call that lasts well over 2 hours everyday, not allowed to do self needed things such as gaming/tv, must always give her 100% attention, and not talking/making friends with other girls.
gundamboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:21 PM   #40
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
if I'm in a relationship with a girl, I expect the given the role as her boyfriend & her bestfriend.
True dat.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:41 PM   #41
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:

well said bro
i feel the same way
i'm not as protective, but i'll be wary if they had a lot of guy friends

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:02 PM   #42
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamboy View Post
my def, not being allowed to go out with girl "friends" or with guy friends that have girlfriends with them, getting a call that lasts well over 2 hours everyday, not allowed to do self needed things such as gaming/tv, must always give her 100% attention, and not talking/making friends with other girls.
omg.. that's like being in JAIL, how can you breathe?

Last edited by superdanish; 12-15-2008 at 11:02 PM.
superdanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:28 AM   #43
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

all of "The7even" posts I agree on them all
phunky.FOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #44
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
what are you doing?
where are you?
who are you with?
Why are you with them?
Boys night out?
Can i come?
Have you taken a shower yet?
Go take a shower!
Why havnt you taken a shower?
We have to be at dinner by 7!!
Why are you still sitting there playing video games?
Go to sleep, you have work tomorow!!
Dont hang up on me, i'll come over there and knock your lights out!!
I know your there!! pick up the fucken phone!!
Why didnt you return my call??
WTF u stay out so late getting drunk with your dumbass friends again?
I dont like that shirt on you!!
Were you with girls?
WTF is there a messege from your EX??
YOUR DEAD!!!
YOUR FUCKEN DEAD!!
I'm sorry hunny i didnt mean it.. you know how i get at this time of the month..
I said decaf you douche!!!

*blows brains out*

Halleluiah ~!!!!
IM FREE!!!!
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:42 AM   #45
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Clingy is defined when one person is too independent and they think is clingy when its just the other person trying to show they care.

Last edited by Chairman Kaga; 01-14-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Chairman Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:43 AM   #46
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Ex-gf and I talked on the phone every night before bed. Our usual phone conversations last a good 1.5-3 hours each night depending on how much we talked during the day and how tired we were. This went on for 4.5 years and we probably only missed about a month of not talking at night because one of us was away on vacation or just too tired to talk. As long as both people are ok with it then there should be no problem.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #47
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
I understand where you're coming from but that's the wrong way of looking at it. You're basically forcing her to lose social contact just because you're in the picture now. She's only your gf and you're basically keeping her as a prisoner away from her other friends. I'd hate to imagine what you'd do to her if you guys got married.
Chairman Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #48
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster TSE View Post
well said bro
i feel the same way
i'm not as protective, but i'll be wary if they had a lot of guy friends
Most girls I've met have a lot of guy friends so there isn't really a point of being wary. If you think about it, a girl that has lots of guy friends must be at that level where they both considered as "friends" or else they would have already dated with each other.

However, I know this girl who gave a BJ to her best guy friend one time for his birthday. Now that is fucked up.
poweredbyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:19 AM   #49
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

you get home from work and she's all over you like super glue, holding your hand where you go
ride98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:36 PM   #50
RS controls my life!

calling too much. wanting to know what you're doing ALL the time.

gawd, i can't finish. my previous relationship disgusts me.
Gazorcoop is offline   Reply With Quote