REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #1
c32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

notice of intent to prohibit

i just got a letter notice of intent to prohibit... getting suspended for 3 months for "bad driving record".. so i have 21 days to hand in my liscence, now its about 15 days to hand in... i want to hand it in on the last day but if i get pulled over befor the 15 days can a officer take my liscence and impound my car? or do they do that only if the 21 days is over... i want to drive to work befor the 15 days is over, and also drive on the road while i still can legaly.. reason im asking this is because i want to go out and do stuff that i want while i still can within these 15 days but i dont want to get pulled over and get my liscence takin away befor the 15 days has expired.. any help would be great.
Advertisement
c32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:47 PM   #2
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Would you really want to test your luck and try option two?

Besides, you knew very well coming into this that having a bad driving record will get you suspended. The whole idea is to reiterate that driving is a privilege and not a right. From what I remember, you're suspended the day you get your letter. If you're caught, you're hooped.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:59 PM   #3
c32

o ok so your saying yes i can get my liscenced taken by the cop and also an impound. got it thanks. i wont drive while suspended if u thught i said that..
Old 11-28-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

the sooner you hand it in the sooner the 3 months is up so you might as well put it in soon
MegaMx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:35 AM   #5
Retired Traffic Cop

You've been notified. Your prohibition started on the day you got the letter, not the day you hand your license in. Regardless of the fact you still have your license in your hand, you are now a prohibited driver and could be convicted if caught driving.

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #6
c32

really.. i thought ur allowed to drive till you hand in your liscence and sign the paper then you are officialy suspended
Old 11-29-2008, 10:42 AM   #7
c32

whagt if the letter never came in like what happened to me last time... i never got a letter, got pulled over liscence gone to officer, cars impounded... pain in the ass for me
Old 11-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #8
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
If you are not served by mail then Police are told to serve the prohibition when they stop you. This is the way when people duck service, have moved and do not have their correct address (within 10 days of a move you must inform the MVB), or "never got the registered letter containing the prohibition notice".

As you are instantly prohibited when stopped, you can no longer drive & your car is impounded. There is discretion to the Police to issue you a temp DL to get home but this is seldom used.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:59 PM   #9
The "You'd Know" Moderator

It must be tough being a dial-a-doper without a car. Just use public transit to meet up with your clients from now on.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ghlight=breach

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Last edited by impactX; 11-30-2008 at 12:02 AM.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:28 AM   #10
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

^ I think you are crossing the line by judging someone that harsh according to some minor hints. Breaching is very risky especially with those conditions; more than driving while prohibited. You took the time to search his other post just to accuse and dishonour a fellow revscener who never did you any harm.
wireless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:14 AM   #11
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless View Post
^ I think you are crossing the line by judging someone that harsh according to some minor hints. Breaching is very risky especially with those conditions; more than driving while prohibited. You took the time to search his other post just to accuse and dishonour a fellow revscener who never did you any harm.
If you've read the OP's previous posts and his general attitude towards authority or anyone, you would feel the same way as ImpactX.

But aren't you doing exactly what you're accusing ImpactX of doing? Judging someone w/ some minor hints? Now you took the time try to try to accuse him as well.

My FeedBack 53-0-0

Last edited by CRS; 11-30-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:12 PM   #12
c32

dial a doper? wow never knew someone was still upset about that... but to be honest i never sold a drug in my life, i have bought alot though which is why they think im selling drugs..
Old 11-30-2008, 10:51 PM   #13
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblaz3 View Post
whagt if the letter never came in like what happened to me last time... i never got a letter, got pulled over liscence gone to officer, cars impounded... pain in the ass for me
Are you racking up that many tickets?? Wow.. just wow. I guess some people don't learn from their mistakes?

I hope some of the RS'ers learn from yours.. that's just.. sad.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:51 PM   #14
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
It must be tough being a dial-a-doper without a car. Just use public transit to meet up with your clients from now on.
:IDL

That was an epic thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"

Last edited by Soundy; 11-30-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:02 AM   #15
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
So you were served with a prohib notice in July and now you got a second one and you still don't understand the process..? Maybe this ( "i have bought alot though which is why they think im selling drugs..") is part of your problem?
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:25 AM   #16

I dunno about SELLING but it sure sounds like he's INGESTING drugs!
Quote:
Old 12-01-2008, 09:15 AM   #17
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
You've been notified. Your prohibition started on the day you got the letter, not the day you hand your license in. Regardless of the fact you still have your license in your hand, you are now a prohibited driver and could be convicted if caught driving.
don't make this mistake. cost me an extra 8 months.
Gu3s5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:15 AM   #18
Banned (ABWS)

you have a short grace period of a few days...
What happened to a friend is he said he never got it, as he had been at his girlfriend's house - True! He had been there for four days.
He got pulled over, the license was pulled on the spot, and the cop gave him like a two hour temporary yellow paper license.
Having said that, don't count on it, I think he got lucky.
I didn't want to turn in my ID so I held onto it. Mostly just because I didn't want to pay to get a BC ID card for the bars. I claimed, three months later, that it had been lost in the mail, and presented a photocopy of their letter signed and dated. I did it that morning. She asked me rather suspiciously, and I said "Oh, my uncle is a lawyer and my mom's an accountant, I got their habit of photocopying important correspondance and putting it in a file"

Now, are you at the point where you have 21 days to dispute and plea your case for a reduction? Or have you already done that? If you dispute, you have more time. Then a month later, they pass a verdict.

Anyways. So, best case scenario is you have 21 days to dispute it, which is what it sounds like. If you get a letter via registered mail, that's them demanding your license. Note that the 21 days is from when they sent the letter out.

Last edited by GrandmaSideways; 12-03-2008 at 03:17 AM.
GrandmaSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:23 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaSideways View Post
What happened to a friend is he said he never got it, as he had been at his girlfriend's house - True! He had been there for four days.
He got pulled over, the license was pulled on the spot, and the cop gave him like a two hour temporary yellow paper license.
Wow, reading skillz FTW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
As you are instantly prohibited when stopped, you can no longer drive & your car is impounded. There is discretion to the Police to issue you a temp DL to get home but this is seldom used.
Quote:
Old 12-03-2008, 06:30 AM   #20
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
i just got a letter notice of intent to prohibit... getting suspended for 3 months for "bad driving record".. so i have 21 days to hand in my liscence, now its about 15 days to hand in... i want to hand it in on the last day but if i get pulled over befor the 15 days can a officer take my liscence and impound my car? or do they do that only if the 21 days is over... i want to drive to work befor the 15 days is over, and also drive on the road while i still can legaly.. reason im asking this is because i want to go out and do stuff that i want while i still can within these 15 days but i dont want to get pulled over and get my liscence takin away befor the 15 days has expired.. any help would be great.
This is an example for those IDIOT people who pay for the tickets, next time dispute the ticket, before it goes through ICBC. The more points you get, the more closer for you to get suspended.
Type-SIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:24 AM   #21
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-SIR View Post
This is an example for those IDIOT people who pay for the tickets, next time dispute the ticket, before it goes through ICBC. The more points you get, the more closer for you to get suspended.
Quoted.

P.S. You're going to get banned soon enough for your idiotic comments.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 12-03-2008, 08:19 AM   #22
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
I didn't want to turn in my ID so I held onto it. Mostly just because I didn't want to pay to get a BC ID card for the bars. I claimed, three months later, that it had been lost in the mail, and presented a photocopy of their letter signed and dated. I did it that morning. She asked me rather suspiciously, and I said "Oh, my uncle is a lawyer and my mom's an accountant, I got their habit of photocopying important correspondance and putting it in a file"
Another liar who doesn't deserve the PRIVILEGE of driving. Get off our roads if you won't follow the rules.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #23
c32

wow jlenko stop being a jackass of GTFO.. if you got nothing to say that wont help this question then dont post... this guy deserves some points for posting nonsens..
Old 12-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #24
c32

for all those ppl who read this wrong, I am NOT going to drive AFTER the 21 days so i am fine.. i beleive that BEFOR THIS 21 days if i get pulled over they cannot take the liscence, they can only take the liscence AFTER 21 days...
Old 12-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #25
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,179 Posts
Quote:
Haha way to go from "a friend" to "I" in the same post...

Quote:
wow jlenko stop being a jackass of GTFO.. if you got nothing to say that wont help this question then dont post... this guy deserves some points for posting nonsens..
If jlenko deserves points for posting nonsense, then you should have been banned ages ago!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote