REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
c32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,762
Thanked 18 Times in 7 Posts
notice of intent to prohibit

i just got a letter notice of intent to prohibit... getting suspended for 3 months for "bad driving record".. so i have 21 days to hand in my liscence, now its about 15 days to hand in... i want to hand it in on the last day but if i get pulled over befor the 15 days can a officer take my liscence and impound my car? or do they do that only if the 21 days is over... i want to drive to work befor the 15 days is over, and also drive on the road while i still can legaly.. reason im asking this is because i want to go out and do stuff that i want while i still can within these 15 days but i dont want to get pulled over and get my liscence takin away befor the 15 days has expired.. any help would be great.
Advertisement
c32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:47 AM   #2
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Would you really want to test your luck and try option two?

Besides, you knew very well coming into this that having a bad driving record will get you suspended. The whole idea is to reiterate that driving is a privilege and not a right. From what I remember, you're suspended the day you get your letter. If you're caught, you're hooped.
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:59 AM   #3
c32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,762
Thanked 18 Times in 7 Posts
o ok so your saying yes i can get my liscenced taken by the cop and also an impound. got it thanks. i wont drive while suspended if u thught i said that..
c32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 663
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
the sooner you hand it in the sooner the 3 months is up so you might as well put it in soon
MegaMx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:35 AM   #5
Retired Traffic Cop
 
skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Nanoose Bay, BC
Posts: 9,023
Thanked 115 Times in 66 Posts
You've been notified. Your prohibition started on the day you got the letter, not the day you hand your license in. Regardless of the fact you still have your license in your hand, you are now a prohibited driver and could be convicted if caught driving.
__________________
Have you ever met anyone that would admit to being less than a better than average driver ??

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:41 AM   #6
c32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,762
Thanked 18 Times in 7 Posts
really.. i thought ur allowed to drive till you hand in your liscence and sign the paper then you are officialy suspended
c32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #7
c32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,762
Thanked 18 Times in 7 Posts
whagt if the letter never came in like what happened to me last time... i never got a letter, got pulled over liscence gone to officer, cars impounded... pain in the ass for me
c32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #8
RS Peace Officer
 
zulutango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver Islan
Posts: 3,850
Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
If you are not served by mail then Police are told to serve the prohibition when they stop you. This is the way when people duck service, have moved and do not have their correct address (within 10 days of a move you must inform the MVB), or "never got the registered letter containing the prohibition notice".

As you are instantly prohibited when stopped, you can no longer drive & your car is impounded. There is discretion to the Police to issue you a temp DL to get home but this is seldom used.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:59 AM   #9
The "You'd Know" Moderator
 
impactX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Home
Posts: 20,885
Thanked 214 Times in 118 Posts
It must be tough being a dial-a-doper without a car. Just use public transit to meet up with your clients from now on.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ghlight=breach
__________________
08 CBR600RR
03 IS300

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Last edited by impactX; 11-30-2008 at 01:02 AM.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:28 AM   #10
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: none
Posts: 14
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^ I think you are crossing the line by judging someone that harsh according to some minor hints. Breaching is very risky especially with those conditions; more than driving while prohibited. You took the time to search his other post just to accuse and dishonour a fellow revscener who never did you any harm.
wireless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:14 AM   #11
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless View Post
^ I think you are crossing the line by judging someone that harsh according to some minor hints. Breaching is very risky especially with those conditions; more than driving while prohibited. You took the time to search his other post just to accuse and dishonour a fellow revscener who never did you any harm.
If you've read the OP's previous posts and his general attitude towards authority or anyone, you would feel the same way as ImpactX.

But aren't you doing exactly what you're accusing ImpactX of doing? Judging someone w/ some minor hints? Now you took the time try to try to accuse him as well.

Last edited by CRS; 11-30-2008 at 08:15 AM.
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #12
c32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,762
Thanked 18 Times in 7 Posts
dial a doper? wow never knew someone was still upset about that... but to be honest i never sold a drug in my life, i have bought alot though which is why they think im selling drugs..
c32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:51 PM   #13
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
jlenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 3,562
Thanked 330 Times in 163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblaz3 View Post
whagt if the letter never came in like what happened to me last time... i never got a letter, got pulled over liscence gone to officer, cars impounded... pain in the ass for me
Are you racking up that many tickets?? Wow.. just wow. I guess some people don't learn from their mistakes?

I hope some of the RS'ers learn from yours.. that's just.. sad.
__________________
Don't be the next RS.net statistic - If you drink, don't drive. You'll lose your licence, and the rest of us will laugh at you.
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:51 AM   #14
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
It must be tough being a dial-a-doper without a car. Just use public transit to meet up with your clients from now on.
:IDL

That was an epic thread!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"

Last edited by Soundy; 12-01-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:02 AM   #15
RS Peace Officer
 
zulutango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver Islan
Posts: 3,850
Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
So you were served with a prohib notice in July and now you got a second one and you still don't understand the process..? Maybe this ( "i have bought alot though which is why they think im selling drugs..") is part of your problem?
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:25 AM   #16
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
I dunno about SELLING but it sure sounds like he's INGESTING drugs!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:15 AM   #17
I don't get it
 
Gu3s5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 604
Posts: 399
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
You've been notified. Your prohibition started on the day you got the letter, not the day you hand your license in. Regardless of the fact you still have your license in your hand, you are now a prohibited driver and could be convicted if caught driving.
don't make this mistake. cost me an extra 8 months.
__________________
chillin'
.
.
.
Gu3s5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:15 AM   #18
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North Vancouver
Posts: 20
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you have a short grace period of a few days...
What happened to a friend is he said he never got it, as he had been at his girlfriend's house - True! He had been there for four days.
He got pulled over, the license was pulled on the spot, and the cop gave him like a two hour temporary yellow paper license.
Having said that, don't count on it, I think he got lucky.
I didn't want to turn in my ID so I held onto it. Mostly just because I didn't want to pay to get a BC ID card for the bars. I claimed, three months later, that it had been lost in the mail, and presented a photocopy of their letter signed and dated. I did it that morning. She asked me rather suspiciously, and I said "Oh, my uncle is a lawyer and my mom's an accountant, I got their habit of photocopying important correspondance and putting it in a file"

Now, are you at the point where you have 21 days to dispute and plea your case for a reduction? Or have you already done that? If you dispute, you have more time. Then a month later, they pass a verdict.

Anyways. So, best case scenario is you have 21 days to dispute it, which is what it sounds like. If you get a letter via registered mail, that's them demanding your license. Note that the 21 days is from when they sent the letter out.

Last edited by GrandmaSideways; 12-03-2008 at 04:17 AM.
GrandmaSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:23 AM   #19
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaSideways View Post
you have a short grace period of a few days...
What happened to a friend is he said he never got it, as he had been at his girlfriend's house - True! He had been there for four days.
He got pulled over, the license was pulled on the spot, and the cop gave him like a two hour temporary yellow paper license.
Having said that, don't count on it, I think he got lucky.
Wow, reading skillz FTW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
As you are instantly prohibited when stopped, you can no longer drive & your car is impounded. There is discretion to the Police to issue you a temp DL to get home but this is seldom used.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:30 AM   #20
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: van
Posts: 529
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblaz3 View Post
i just got a letter notice of intent to prohibit... getting suspended for 3 months for "bad driving record".. so i have 21 days to hand in my liscence, now its about 15 days to hand in... i want to hand it in on the last day but if i get pulled over befor the 15 days can a officer take my liscence and impound my car? or do they do that only if the 21 days is over... i want to drive to work befor the 15 days is over, and also drive on the road while i still can legaly.. reason im asking this is because i want to go out and do stuff that i want while i still can within these 15 days but i dont want to get pulled over and get my liscence takin away befor the 15 days has expired.. any help would be great.
This is an example for those IDIOT people who pay for the tickets, next time dispute the ticket, before it goes through ICBC. The more points you get, the more closer for you to get suspended.
Type-SIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:24 AM   #21
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-SIR View Post
This is an example for those IDIOT people who pay for the tickets, next time dispute the ticket, before it goes through ICBC. The more points you get, the more closer for you to get suspended.
Quoted.

P.S. You're going to get banned soon enough for your idiotic comments.
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:19 AM   #22
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
jlenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 3,562
Thanked 330 Times in 163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaSideways View Post
I didn't want to turn in my ID so I held onto it. Mostly just because I didn't want to pay to get a BC ID card for the bars. I claimed, three months later, that it had been lost in the mail, and presented a photocopy of their letter signed and dated. I did it that morning. She asked me rather suspiciously, and I said "Oh, my uncle is a lawyer and my mom's an accountant, I got their habit of photocopying important correspondance and putting it in a file"
Another liar who doesn't deserve the PRIVILEGE of driving. Get off our roads if you won't follow the rules.
__________________
Don't be the next RS.net statistic - If you drink, don't drive. You'll lose your licence, and the rest of us will laugh at you.
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #23
c32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,762
Thanked 18 Times in 7 Posts
wow jlenko stop being a jackass of GTFO.. if you got nothing to say that wont help this question then dont post... this guy deserves some points for posting nonsens..
c32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:10 PM   #24
c32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,762
Thanked 18 Times in 7 Posts
for all those ppl who read this wrong, I am NOT going to drive AFTER the 21 days so i am fine.. i beleive that BEFOR THIS 21 days if i get pulled over they cannot take the liscence, they can only take the liscence AFTER 21 days...
c32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #25
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Gumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,261
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaSideways View Post
you have a short grace period of a few days...
What happened to a friend is he said he never got it, as he had been at his girlfriend's house - True! He had been there for four days.
He got pulled over, the license was pulled on the spot, and the cop gave him like a two hour temporary yellow paper license.
Having said that, don't count on it, I think he got lucky.
I didn't want to turn in my ID so I held onto it. Mostly just because I didn't want to pay to get a BC ID card for the bars. I claimed, three months later, that it had been lost in the mail, and presented a photocopy of their letter signed and dated. I did it that morning. She asked me rather suspiciously, and I said "Oh, my uncle is a lawyer and my mom's an accountant, I got their habit of photocopying important correspondance and putting it in a file"
Haha way to go from "a friend" to "I" in the same post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblaz3 View Post
wow jlenko stop being a jackass of GTFO.. if you got nothing to say that wont help this question then dont post... this guy deserves some points for posting nonsens..
If jlenko deserves points for posting nonsense, then you should have been banned ages ago!
__________________
Do Not Put Aftershave on Your Balls. -604CEFIRO
Looks like I'm gonna have some hot sex again tonight...OOPS i got the 6 pack. that wont last me the night, I better go back and get the 24 pack! -Turbo E
kinda off topic but obama is a dilf - miss_crayon
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net