REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #26
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-SIR View Post
This is an example for those IDIOT people who pay for the tickets, next time dispute the ticket, before it goes through ICBC. The more points you get, the more closer for you to get suspended.
Or it is somebody who mans up and takes responsibility for their actions when they know they did something wrong. From your posts in this forum lately, I would venture to guess that you are one of those people who tries to exploit every loop hole you can find to avoid taking responsibility.
Advertisement
Five-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #27
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

i got one of those letters before too a while back when i had my N

i distinctly remember calling the phone number on the letter and asking them the details

this is what i remember:

1. you have until 21 days after the date of the letter to submit your licence to your nearest icbc office, until then you can still drive but after 21 days you're done for 3 months. but earlier you return your licence.. your 3 months start a bit earlier.

2. you can write a letter to the superintendent of motor vehicles (or something of that nature) stating why they should not prohibit you, within the 21 days (there is some leeway on the exact date they receive the letter

i did #2 and took my class 5 exam within that 21 day window. they replied promptly stating that they've canceled the intent on prohibit but instead put me on probation for 6 months
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
Another liar who doesn't deserve the PRIVILEGE of driving. Get off our roads if you won't follow the rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Haha way to go from "a friend" to "I" in the same post...
Hahaha no no, he was suspended a few years ago before I met him.
Mine is seperate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-Oh View Post
Or it is somebody who mans up and takes responsibility for their actions when they know they did something wrong. From your posts in this forum lately, I would venture to guess that you are one of those people who tries to exploit every loop hole you can find to avoid taking responsibility.
Well, I can't speak on his character, but I'd definitely exploit loopholes too. Lots of people do.
GrandmaSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #29
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblaz3 View Post
wow jlenko stop being a jackass of GTFO.. if you got nothing to say that wont help this question then dont post... this guy deserves some points for posting nonsens..
I'll gladly take the points, as long as you (and everyone else that posts useless crap) gets them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaSideways View Post
Well, I can't speak on his character, but I'd definitely exploit loopholes too. Lots of people do.
And that is what is wrong with society.

Mind you, I used to think the same way. You feel a little different when you grow up I guess... now I'm 32 and I actually drive the speed limit or with the flow of traffic instead of racing around. Haven't had a ticket in years... haven't even been pulled over in 5+ years now. Man, the money I have to spend on other things? It's much better spent on things I enjoy instead of tickets.. and I had a few when I was a teenager.

I do get a kick out of reading the posts in this forum... it's probably my most favourite forum on RS.net now... but I simply can't help but comment on the stupidest people... I mean, seriously... how clueless are you kids?
Old 12-03-2008, 10:40 PM   #30
Banned (ABWS)

Well to elaborate, the cops will try to get you on anything they can, in many cases. Not all, but some. It's those bad apples that spoil the barrel and it's the few cops trying to hit quotas that are the problem. I've had one cop trying to ticket me for front tint, then trying to say my car was too low, then he gave me a ticket for no N. I had bought the car fourty five minutes prior and it was 5:30 at night, the icbc office closes at 4:30, and the car is aluminum sheetmetal so there's no way a magnet will stick to it anyways. He didn't care, he was just trying to write me up a ticket. Obviously, that's one to fight. I even asked him how I was expected to be able to possibly ever comply and he had no answer.
And officers deny it but they MUST have quotas. If a traffic cop came in after 8 hours and hadn't written a single ticket, or had only written two, his ass would be chewed out by someone higher up who would be wondering what he'd been doing all day.
I'll exploit any loophole I can, simply because officers and ICBC do as well.
With all due respect to the officers on this board.

Last edited by GrandmaSideways; 12-03-2008 at 10:41 PM.
GrandmaSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #31
I am grateful grapefruit

if you had thought about it in advance, you would realize that you were buying a new car, and that you would need an N sign. you're obviously just making excuses for yourself, expecting rules to not apply to you because you hadn't planned ahead.

your licence had specific rules - you can't drive without an N sign showing. it isn't "you can drive without an N sign if you had just bought a new car and you are driving to the licensing centre to pick one up".
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-Oh View Post
Theres also alot of cops out there should be catching the major bad guys, like robbery, rape, gangs etcs.. I think catching bad drivers is the biggest scam in b.c.
Type-SIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:56 AM   #33
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaSideways View Post
And officers deny it but they MUST have quotas. If a traffic cop came in after 8 hours and hadn't written a single ticket, or had only written two, his ass would be chewed out by someone higher up who would be wondering what he'd been doing all day.
We don't have quotas, and we don't get bonuses for writing X number of tickets. The reason for that is so that there isn't an extra incentive or motivation to write tickets. I'd probably question what he was doing all day too, if he wasn't investigating a major collision or something. Its not hard to find drivers to give tickets out to these day. Like yesterday, the driver who pulled an illegal u-turn in front of city hall/the police station, with a police car directly behind him. Blocked off two lanes of traffic while trying to complete the turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-SIR View Post
Theres also alot of cops out there should be catching the major bad guys, like robbery, rape, gangs etcs.. I think catching bad drivers is the biggest scam in b.c.
And there are lots of cops out there doing just that. You just never hear about it, along with most of the other arrests and good things we do. The only time you hear about the police in the media is when there is something media-sensational - sensational sells. But, that is all part of the job and we live with it.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:34 AM   #34
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Nah...we don't have quotas...we are allowed to write as many as we want. As far as the non-stick N goes...you didn't know the car was aluminum before you bought it? How about a roll of duct tape and a window?
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #35
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
We don't have quotas, and we don't get bonuses for writing X number of tickets. The reason for that is so that there isn't an extra incentive or motivation to write tickets.
Really?

I heard that they get a toaster for 100 tickets/year, a gold watch 250/year and a trip for two at 500/year.

In all seriousness, people in this thread make me hate freedom.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:02 PM   #36
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Personally I'm workin' on the big screen plasma TV with surround sound.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:01 PM   #37
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
In all seriousness, people in this thread make me hate freedom.
If you don't like it.. go try China. Or what's left of Russia. How about Africa? You'll LOVE it there
Old 12-04-2008, 01:28 PM   #38
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
If you don't like it.. go try China. Or what's left of Russia. How about Africa? You'll LOVE it there
Well, I do like me some Peking Duck w/ a side of Vodka.

Africa? Hmmm I've never had any food from there. Maybe I'll like it. Only if you come with me jlenko!

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 12-04-2008, 02:56 PM   #39
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Nah...we don't have quotas...we are allowed to write as many as we want. As far as the non-stick N goes...you didn't know the car was aluminum before you bought it? How about a roll of duct tape and a window?
No quota's? I was under the impression that after 5 tickets, you get a toaster. And after 300 in a year, you get an xbox.

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #40
RS Lurker, I don't post!

personally i dont thing that the victoria police are doing theyr job ATALL!!
as to the other day sitting in traffic, i have an ALL STOCK LOOKING 89 240sx coupe, i had the only undercover charger, drive past me in opposing lanes ( opposite lane and i was in slow lane) he booked a uturn at the intersection behind me, shake'n bake'd thru traffic just to get behind me, and while i had my FULL N on the back (not cut out) no spoiler on, or anything wrong with my car (no rust anywhare) he pulled me over while i was doing the speedlimit/under the speedlimit synce its DT VICTORIA, and while having a white van to my right ( now me being in the middle lane) sped up, cut me off and did a double lane change right infront of ME and the DOHNUT EATER!! in which resulted in the DOHNUT EATER pulling ME over, for no good reason WHAT SO EVER, and then decided to issue me a VI (vehicle inspection) level 2. FOR NO REASON, took it to me shop and had all the guys looking at me like i twas on crack, and i showed em the ticket to prove it and they all thot it was BS!!

and i also recently just lost my lisc for a total of 4 mths, i called icbc the day i got the letter to see what was up and what i did wrong, aparently i was aloud a total of 5pts, and i got one speeding ticket that i was doing 60 on mackenzie and got cutt off by a lowrider when i was driving my yota on 37s that hardly did 100kms when he said he clocked me in at doin 100.... i can hardly even do that speed like i said, ANYWAYS to have gotten that ONE ticket, was 3 bloody points, and when i was still aloud to get a total of 5 pts, i only got 3 and yet i still lost my lisc for a total of 4 MTHS?!?! COMPLETE BS!!!

if cops were doing theyr job, they wouldnt be pulling illegal uturns, racing thru traffic just to pull people over that are just RESPECTING THE LAWS and doing the speedlimit, aswell as respecting the one passenger, exmpt imediate family limit!!!!!!
skyline240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:25 PM   #41
c32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

yeah icbc is bullshit.. when you have your N and get one speeding ticket, you automaticaly get suspended, as where you have your class 5 you can get a few speeding tickets..
c32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #42
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by phucmang View Post
yeah icbc is bullshit.. when you have your N and get one speeding ticket, you automaticaly get suspended, as where you have your class 5 you can get a few speeding tickets..
First off, it isn't ICBC that suspends you. It is the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles.

Secondly, suspensions are handed out at the discretion of the Superintendent. There isn't always a "set amount", it is more of a guideline to follow but exceptions can be made. If you are getting the attention from cops with an N, imagine the crap you would do when you think you can get several tickets. I don't know about you, but you would need to be a pretty big douche on the road to attract that much attention.

My FeedBack 53-0-0