REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   I can't eat Breakfast! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/556313-i-cant-eat-breakfast.html)

Obsideon 12-09-2008 12:44 PM

I can't eat Breakfast!

So I don't know if it's just me ...

but ever since I can remember I rarely ever eat breakfast ... probably like once every 6 months if even that .. probably closer to once a year. So now everytime I try to eat something (cereal, eggs, bread or even just a glass of milk) in the morning I get bad cramps usually followed by diarrhea.

So what I was wondering was ... is my body so used to the fact that I never consume anything in the morning that my stomache just doesn't work for the first hour that I wake up?

beetea 12-09-2008 02:39 PM

are you lactose intolerant ?

Adsdeman 12-09-2008 02:48 PM

I dont eat brekfst either, it makes me feel sick to my stomoche never really bothered me. U should try a breakfast milkshake i found it filled me up without any of the downsides of eating brekfst.

Obsideon 12-09-2008 02:49 PM

uh .. not that I know of ... for lunch/afternoon snack/dinner I can chug glasses of milk with no problems. It's only in the morning (like an hour or 2 after I wake up) .. it doesn't even have to be milk .. maybe just a glass of OJ or like a sausage/hotdog will give me runs!

Obsideon 12-09-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adsdeman (Post 6164060)
I dont eat brekfst either, it makes me feel sick to my stomoche never really bothered me. U should try a breakfast milkshake i found it filled me up without any of the downsides of eating brekfst.

A milkshake for breakfast?! ... sounds fattening lol :p

beetea 12-09-2008 03:11 PM

haha my friend found out he was lactose intolerant just like 1.5 years ago
and hes been having stomach problems since highschool because he would eat cereal and milk every morning.

Inaii 12-09-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 6164065)
A milkshake for breakfast?! ... sounds fattening lol :p

I think he means like one of those diet milkshake things or protein shakes. Not an actual milkshake =p

Raid3n 12-09-2008 05:36 PM

i get the same thing... so you're not alone.. started in HS for me..

and i do the same thing.. never eat breakfast

yellowpower 12-09-2008 05:55 PM

eat eggs for breakfast its the BOMBBBBB

Fafine 12-09-2008 06:07 PM

yeah i have that, cannot drink milk in the morning. if i do ill either get the shits or just bad stomachaches. what i do is, either eat some crackers/cookies, or pizza pop, or a nutrigain bar. something is better than nothing.

hongy 12-09-2008 09:35 PM

I have the exact same thing, but it's escalated to eating no breakfast or lunch, if I do I'll get diarrhea and major cramps.

4doorVIP 12-09-2008 09:56 PM

I get the same crap as well... My stomache doesn't like anything before 9am hehe

albert116 12-10-2008 12:53 AM

i am the exact opposite

if i don't eat breakfast i feel like crap. I will not be able to function at all (can't think, can't concentrate, can't do anything).

hotjoint 12-10-2008 06:22 AM

only time i eat breakfast is the weekends. My body is so used to just having lunch and dinner

Gumby 12-10-2008 11:32 AM

I think your body gets used to having or not having food at certain times of the day... which kinda sucks if you're trying to change up your routine!

Euro7r 12-10-2008 01:33 PM

I remember sometimes I would eat and then go to school, then I'd have to leave within 15mins to class, because I have take a major dump.

welfare 12-11-2008 07:56 AM

your body is just not used to it. if you're getting sufficient sleep and eating your dinner at an optimal time, by the time you wake up you shouldn't have had anything to eat for approximately 11-12 hours. you should be hungry again by that time. if you're eating dinner too close to bedtime, this could also be part of the problem. you want to allow your body, at the very least, a couple of hours to digest food before you go to sleep. this is crucial. as for breakfast, your body adapts to changes fairly quickly. you may need to force yourself to eat it for a week or so. after which time you should start to wake up feeling hungry. breakfast is the most important meal of the day. your body needs it to function efficiently. it also starts your appetite for the rest of the day. start by just having a couple pieces of toast even and maybe work your way up. eating your meals at scheduled times is also key to having a healthy diet. hopefully this info is helpful to you

hamsup 12-11-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 6163895)
So I don't know if it's just me ...

but ever since I can remember I rarely ever eat breakfast ... probably like once every 6 months if even that .. probably closer to once a year. So now everytime I try to eat something (cereal, eggs, bread or even just a glass of milk) in the morning I get bad cramps usually followed by diarrhea.

So what I was wondering was ... is my body so used to the fact that I never consume anything in the morning that my stomache just doesn't work for the first hour that I wake up?

LIAR !! we eat breakfast at least 3 times a year together ! hahaha !!! and besides.. a normal person's breakfast is the time you get home from work ! lol

6793026 12-11-2008 12:22 PM

start easy start slow.
1) start with a protein shake / strawberry smoothie.
2) start with eg/// mcdonalds hashbrowns or muffin or just a cookie and just work your way up.

Obsideon 12-11-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welfare (Post 6167557)
your body is just not used to it. if you're getting sufficient sleep and eating your dinner at an optimal time, by the time you wake up you shouldn't have had anything to eat for approximately 11-12 hours. you should be hungry again by that time. if you're eating dinner too close to bedtime, this could also be part of the problem. you want to allow your body, at the very least, a couple of hours to digest food before you go to sleep. this is crucial. as for breakfast, your body adapts to changes fairly quickly. you may need to force yourself to eat it for a week or so. after which time you should start to wake up feeling hungry. breakfast is the most important meal of the day. your body needs it to function efficiently. it also starts your appetite for the rest of the day. start by just having a couple pieces of toast even and maybe work your way up. eating your meals at scheduled times is also key to having a healthy diet. hopefully this info is helpful to you

In my job it's impossible to have scheduled meals. I eat whenever I can not whenever I want :(
I sometimes eat dinner at like 1am cuz I'm so busy ... and I'm always too lazy/tired to eat breakfast. Well I've already been doing it for 20+ years and I function just fine with breakfast so far ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamsup (Post 6167647)
LIAR !! we eat breakfast at least 3 times a year together ! hahaha !!! and besides.. a normal person's breakfast is the time you get home from work ! lol

LOL dude believe it or not those are the ONLY times I EVER eat breakfast! :p

teaoh 12-11-2008 10:56 PM

I usually start off every morning drinking some hot water. lol dont know why but it feels like your body is cleansed. Try that and than try eating a little bit of breakfast

HonestTea 12-16-2008 12:47 AM

It started in High School for me as well, I'm unable to eat or drink milk in the morning or else I'll have a BAD stomach ache during class and it sucks going to the schools washroom to take a dump... LOL

What's weird is I can drink milk SOMETIMES(not in the morning thought) but throughout the day, like lunch or dinner, sometimes I get stomach aches and I have to take a dump after or I feel fine and nothing happens...kinda weird =/ I thought I was lactose intolerant, so I avoided milk for a couple of weeks then I drank it and I was fine, it's pretty much random when I drink milk...=S

But I can't eat anything in the morning's, it just upsets my stomach as well...glad I wasn't the only one that experienced this haha

Armind 12-19-2008 10:27 AM

Same here! Since elementary till now. I don't get runs at all but stomaches. :(

Kagemusha 12-19-2008 10:11 PM

I use to be like that too. You should avoid any dairy products or anything like coffee or OJ and stick to water or light tea. Try eating just a banana or something too. Just got to get your body use to it.

Now I can have a huge breakfast and be fine :D

welfare 12-19-2008 11:42 PM

sure, you may feel fine. but it's not ideal.
IMO, no job is worth obstructing a healthy diet. it's as important as life itself

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 6168945)
In my job it's impossible to have scheduled meals. I eat whenever I can not whenever I want :(
I sometimes eat dinner at like 1am cuz I'm so busy ... and I'm always too lazy/tired to eat breakfast. Well I've already been doing it for 20+ years and I function just fine with breakfast so far ...

LOL dude believe it or not those are the ONLY times I EVER eat breakfast! :p