REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Question I can't eat Breakfast!

So I don't know if it's just me ...

but ever since I can remember I rarely ever eat breakfast ... probably like once every 6 months if even that .. probably closer to once a year. So now everytime I try to eat something (cereal, eggs, bread or even just a glass of milk) in the morning I get bad cramps usually followed by diarrhea.

So what I was wondering was ... is my body so used to the fact that I never consume anything in the morning that my stomache just doesn't work for the first hour that I wake up?

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

are you lactose intolerant ?
beetea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

I dont eat brekfst either, it makes me feel sick to my stomoche never really bothered me. U should try a breakfast milkshake i found it filled me up without any of the downsides of eating brekfst.
Adsdeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:49 PM   #4
Ebisu Boss

uh .. not that I know of ... for lunch/afternoon snack/dinner I can chug glasses of milk with no problems. It's only in the morning (like an hour or 2 after I wake up) .. it doesn't even have to be milk .. maybe just a glass of OJ or like a sausage/hotdog will give me runs!

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Old 12-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #5
Ebisu Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adsdeman View Post
I dont eat brekfst either, it makes me feel sick to my stomoche never really bothered me. U should try a breakfast milkshake i found it filled me up without any of the downsides of eating brekfst.
A milkshake for breakfast?! ... sounds fattening lol

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Old 12-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #6
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

haha my friend found out he was lactose intolerant just like 1.5 years ago
and hes been having stomach problems since highschool because he would eat cereal and milk every morning.
beetea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #7
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
A milkshake for breakfast?! ... sounds fattening lol
I think he means like one of those diet milkshake things or protein shakes. Not an actual milkshake =p

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:36 PM   #8
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
i get the same thing... so you're not alone.. started in HS for me..

and i do the same thing.. never eat breakfast

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth

Last edited by Raid3n; 12-09-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #9
My homepage has been set to RS

eat eggs for breakfast its the BOMBBBBB
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:07 PM   #10
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
yeah i have that, cannot drink milk in the morning. if i do ill either get the shits or just bad stomachaches. what i do is, either eat some crackers/cookies, or pizza pop, or a nutrigain bar. something is better than nothing.
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #11
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I have the exact same thing, but it's escalated to eating no breakfast or lunch, if I do I'll get diarrhea and major cramps.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

I get the same crap as well... My stomache doesn't like anything before 9am hehe
4doorVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:53 AM   #13
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

i am the exact opposite

if i don't eat breakfast i feel like crap. I will not be able to function at all (can't think, can't concentrate, can't do anything).
Old 12-10-2008, 06:22 AM   #14
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

only time i eat breakfast is the weekends. My body is so used to just having lunch and dinner
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:32 AM   #15
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,184 Posts
I think your body gets used to having or not having food at certain times of the day... which kinda sucks if you're trying to change up your routine!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi

Last edited by Gumby; 12-10-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #16
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
I remember sometimes I would eat and then go to school, then I'd have to leave within 15mins to class, because I have take a major dump.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:56 AM   #17
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
your body is just not used to it. if you're getting sufficient sleep and eating your dinner at an optimal time, by the time you wake up you shouldn't have had anything to eat for approximately 11-12 hours. you should be hungry again by that time. if you're eating dinner too close to bedtime, this could also be part of the problem. you want to allow your body, at the very least, a couple of hours to digest food before you go to sleep. this is crucial. as for breakfast, your body adapts to changes fairly quickly. you may need to force yourself to eat it for a week or so. after which time you should start to wake up feeling hungry. breakfast is the most important meal of the day. your body needs it to function efficiently. it also starts your appetite for the rest of the day. start by just having a couple pieces of toast even and maybe work your way up. eating your meals at scheduled times is also key to having a healthy diet. hopefully this info is helpful to you
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:27 AM   #18
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
So I don't know if it's just me ...

but ever since I can remember I rarely ever eat breakfast ... probably like once every 6 months if even that .. probably closer to once a year. So now everytime I try to eat something (cereal, eggs, bread or even just a glass of milk) in the morning I get bad cramps usually followed by diarrhea.

So what I was wondering was ... is my body so used to the fact that I never consume anything in the morning that my stomache just doesn't work for the first hour that I wake up?
LIAR !! we eat breakfast at least 3 times a year together ! hahaha !!! and besides.. a normal person's breakfast is the time you get home from work ! lol
Old 12-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #19
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
start easy start slow.
1) start with a protein shake / strawberry smoothie.
2) start with eg/// mcdonalds hashbrowns or muffin or just a cookie and just work your way up.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:18 PM   #20
Ebisu Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
your body is just not used to it. if you're getting sufficient sleep and eating your dinner at an optimal time, by the time you wake up you shouldn't have had anything to eat for approximately 11-12 hours. you should be hungry again by that time. if you're eating dinner too close to bedtime, this could also be part of the problem. you want to allow your body, at the very least, a couple of hours to digest food before you go to sleep. this is crucial. as for breakfast, your body adapts to changes fairly quickly. you may need to force yourself to eat it for a week or so. after which time you should start to wake up feeling hungry. breakfast is the most important meal of the day. your body needs it to function efficiently. it also starts your appetite for the rest of the day. start by just having a couple pieces of toast even and maybe work your way up. eating your meals at scheduled times is also key to having a healthy diet. hopefully this info is helpful to you
In my job it's impossible to have scheduled meals. I eat whenever I can not whenever I want
I sometimes eat dinner at like 1am cuz I'm so busy ... and I'm always too lazy/tired to eat breakfast. Well I've already been doing it for 20+ years and I function just fine with breakfast so far ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup View Post
LIAR !! we eat breakfast at least 3 times a year together ! hahaha !!! and besides.. a normal person's breakfast is the time you get home from work ! lol
LOL dude believe it or not those are the ONLY times I EVER eat breakfast!

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Old 12-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #21
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I usually start off every morning drinking some hot water. lol dont know why but it feels like your body is cleansed. Try that and than try eating a little bit of breakfast
teaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:47 AM   #22
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
It started in High School for me as well, I'm unable to eat or drink milk in the morning or else I'll have a BAD stomach ache during class and it sucks going to the schools washroom to take a dump... LOL

What's weird is I can drink milk SOMETIMES(not in the morning thought) but throughout the day, like lunch or dinner, sometimes I get stomach aches and I have to take a dump after or I feel fine and nothing happens...kinda weird =/ I thought I was lactose intolerant, so I avoided milk for a couple of weeks then I drank it and I was fine, it's pretty much random when I drink milk...=S

But I can't eat anything in the morning's, it just upsets my stomach as well...glad I wasn't the only one that experienced this haha
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:27 AM   #23
God of Unce

Same here! Since elementary till now. I don't get runs at all but stomaches.
Armind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #24
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

I use to be like that too. You should avoid any dairy products or anything like coffee or OJ and stick to water or light tea. Try eating just a banana or something too. Just got to get your body use to it.

Now I can have a huge breakfast and be fine

Inter arma enim silent leges
Kagemusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:42 PM   #25
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
sure, you may feel fine. but it's not ideal.
IMO, no job is worth obstructing a healthy diet. it's as important as life itself

Quote:
In my job it's impossible to have scheduled meals. I eat whenever I can not whenever I want
I sometimes eat dinner at like 1am cuz I'm so busy ... and I'm always too lazy/tired to eat breakfast. Well I've already been doing it for 20+ years and I function just fine with breakfast so far ...

LOL dude believe it or not those are the ONLY times I EVER eat breakfast!
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote