REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (https://www.revscene.net/forums/558339-curious-case-benjamin-button.html)

winson604 12-30-2008 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 6196462)
it's not really a spoiler, it's very apparent at the beginning of the movie that death is going to be a very common reoccurring subject or theme that appears throughout the movie.

the long movie part, yeah i didn't expect it to be 3 hours either haha, but it was a good use of 3 hours, i don't think they coulda cut it shorter.

Yea last night I watched the first 40 mins or so and I see what you mean. So I take it back and don't consider it a spoiler.

kitsune 12-30-2008 06:32 PM

Watched this movie as well.
Worth the 3 hours for sure!
The baby.. was butt ugly though hahah

Good_KarMa 01-01-2009 05:44 AM

Quite similar to Forrest Gump.

RacePace 01-01-2009 01:55 PM

What an incredible movie, as soon as it ended, I just wanted to watch it again

winson604 01-01-2009 02:05 PM

Just finished it last night. At first I wasn't sure if I would like the movie going in to it. The story seemed interesting but I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it or be bored. In the end I did enjoy it quite a bit. Great movie!

Gt-R R34 01-01-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminate (Post 6201184)
What an incredible movie, as soon as it ended, I just wanted to watch it again

i agreed, it was an amazing movie!

StylinRed 01-01-2009 07:20 PM

i could only stand watching half the film.....

its just forest gump and titanic mixed into 1.... you have the disabled guy going on these worldwide adventures (forest gump) and you have a dying old lady reliving the old days (titanic)

ill try and watch the second half... maybe it'll have redeeming factors.. but if i was in the theatres i woulda been out the door demanding my money back

RacePace 01-01-2009 08:51 PM

There's so many good quotes, I can't remember them all, but I think I like this one best:

"You could be as mad as a maddog at the way things went, or swear and curse the fates....but in the end, you have to let go"

KingDeeCee 01-01-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 6201610)
i could only stand watching half the film.....

its just forest gump and titanic mixed into 1.... you have the disabled guy going on these worldwide adventures (forest gump) and you have a dying old lady reliving the old days (titanic)

ill try and watch the second half... maybe it'll have redeeming factors.. but if i was in the theatres i woulda been out the door demanding my money back

Hold on, I dont understand what you are getting at here. Are you saying it was too long, or what?

mako 01-01-2009 09:25 PM

short attention span?

sandrawong 01-01-2009 10:15 PM

wayy too long

skyxx 01-01-2009 10:34 PM

I felt that the movie made good use of the intended 2:46 minutes. I didn't feel that the movie was dragged on (It didn't feel like it was 3 hours). I would 100% recommend this movie.

will068 01-01-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good_KarMa (Post 6200856)
Quite similar to Forrest Gump.

:werd:

- wartime
- leading ladies were childhood friends
- main character had some sort of disability
- set in the south
- main character had a company that made some $$$$ at some point in their life

HugoBoss604 01-02-2009 12:32 AM

lol verymuch alike

unidentified 01-02-2009 12:46 AM

Just finished watching it. Really, really good movie. It's almost three hours long but it definitely didn't feel like it. It's quite a tearjerker. Lots of really touching moments.

StylinRed 01-02-2009 04:00 AM

well finished the second half... it didn't exactly redeem itself but it was a nice movie

overhyped imho

one thing that bugged me i guess ill put a spoiler up even tho it won't need one but...
Spoiler!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingDeeCee (Post 6201735)
Hold on, I dont understand what you are getting at here. Are you saying it was too long, or what?

i guess i didnt explain my feelings at all lol

it wasn't that it was a long movie (im used to watching bollywood films at times which are like 100hrs long) its that the movie is basically a copy of the movies i listed earlier (which btw buttons doesn't measure up to) and that the film moved at too slow a pace... im fine with a slow pace if its building on characters or it supports the film in some way... but in buttons it seemed to be long just to set a tone of boredom. i guess u could say that was the point, to support the mood of aging and death.. but regardless, it didn't help the film for me and (coupled with the film imitations) just made it unbearable

RacePace 01-02-2009 07:51 AM

well, the movie can't talk about everyone, it just revolved around the ones who were important to him and at that time, he wasn't around the home that often

Yeah, the general formula of the movie is the same as Forrest Gump, but Benjamin Button is a different person and perceives things differently and more thoughtfully, and he has more complex emotions, because he's obviously not retarded. So I found that it is in fact a very different movie

Sodium 01-02-2009 09:33 AM

The plot could've been more interesting IMO.....I mean it is a rare and interesting case afterall....

It was a good movie but it wasn't an OMGWOW AWESOME one for me...~

The make-up and special effects were crazy though....so realistic....:thumbsup:

BSOD 01-02-2009 11:02 AM

there were similarities to forest gump, the notebook and titanic but i still loved this movie. for me, this is going up as one of the best movies i have ever seen.

Liquid_o2 01-02-2009 11:33 PM

Just watched it tonight. It was fantastic, I didn't want it to end (although I lost feeling in my legs). A great script and I do see the similarities that people have mentioned but I felt it flowed really well and had some great characters.

tough 01-02-2009 11:57 PM

very good movie i thought it was gonna be a gay movie but it turned out to be very very good everyone must watch it

yellowpower 01-03-2009 01:22 AM

yeah it was a dope movie but there was an answer to every question, i would have liked it better to keep me guessing at some parts.

At the end of the movie, like 20% of the people started to clap but i guess everyone was afraid so they didnt clap. Pretty sad actually, the movie was worth an applause. Unlike Batman where everyone was going nuts b4 and after the movie.

yellowpower 01-03-2009 01:26 AM

Spoiler!

Levitron 01-03-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowpower (Post 6203462)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

RacePace 01-03-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitron (Post 6204502)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!