REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (https://www.revscene.net/forums/558339-curious-case-benjamin-button.html)

RacePace 01-21-2009 05:17 PM

If you downloaded the movie, you can play back that scene. I know I did when I wanted to hear that exact quote again

mako 01-21-2009 05:30 PM

ah i see ...

a lot harder to do when you're sitting in the theatre

Aetios 01-21-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nismo_s13 (Post 6237862)
how the heck did you remember that whole quote from the movie?!

google

EK-4 01-21-2009 07:52 PM

2 thumbs up

Girl 01-21-2009 08:19 PM

Good God, the costuming for this movie was orgasmically awesome, or maybe it was because Brad Pitt was wearing it. Didn't feel like 3 hours to me. Great cinematography, great storyline with aspects that catered to everybody. Makeup was amazing. So many thought-provoking views on life.

I never knew how feminine Brad could look at a certain age. :P

RacePace 01-21-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl (Post 6238329)
Good God, the costuming for this movie was orgasmically awesome, or maybe it was because Brad Pitt was wearing it.

I think it's just Brad. The only looks that struck me were the shawl cardigan with chinos in the "meeting in the middle" scene and his motorcycle rider look (the sunglasses in particular). Everything else isn't extraordinary really

Girl 01-21-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminate (Post 6238385)
I think it's just Brad. The only looks that struck me were the shawl cardigan with chinos in the "meeting in the middle" scene and his motorcycle rider look (the sunglasses in particular). Everything else isn't extraordinary really

Okay ya those were the 2 outfits oh most of the outfits once Brad turned of "fuckable without judgement" were nice. I liked the best on Brad, the best is still him naked...but you know...we can't really go out to Holts and buy it now can we? Oh wait....we can.

Cate's red dress when during the foggy silhouette scene was just immaculate, the yellow cape she had on when she did her "taxi" dance. Tilda Swinton had on a beautiful gown during the Caviar and Vodka scene...the dress made her look less Friday the 13th, witchy like.

sexyflanders 01-21-2009 10:00 PM

the movie made me tear but for ambiguous reasons. i think it was because of my personal emotions mixed with the film. i absolutely loved it though.

SOC23 01-29-2009 09:42 AM

Curious Case Of Benjamin BORING!!!!!!

I thought the movie had it's good points but overall it sucked and I could have gone without watching it! If you've watched TITANIC more than once and you own the dvd, then this movie is for YOU :D

AzNightmare 01-29-2009 10:54 AM

You can't even compare Titanic with this movie. Titanic is in it's own untouchable league.

I have to agree though, this movie wasn't exactly as good as I expected after hearing all the reviews (including from RS) that this movie was good. The trailer looked boring, but I went to watch it, and certain parts made me doze off for maybe 1 or 2 minutes. The concept is interesting, but the movie was pretty stagnant.

But I guess I shouldn't of expected anything more. Afterall, it was a drama about some guy's life.

yayabonks 01-29-2009 10:55 AM

highly highly forgetful

SOC23 01-29-2009 01:33 PM

Don't get me wrong, I liked Titanic. I just meant that if you can sit through a movie of that length and "level of excitement" and enjoy every moment of it, then this would be something you might what to check out. If your more of a "Transformers" type of movie watcher and your thinking of letting the GF/WIFE convince you into watching it LIKE MINE DID, then my words of advice to you are RUN! LOL (just my 2 cents)

AzNightmare 01-29-2009 03:43 PM

No, Titanic was long. LOTR was long, Benjamin Button was long.

But for Benjamin Button, the story moved way too slow. It has an interesting story concept, but it could of been wrapped up in 1.5 hrs. And to be honest, there wasn't really anything suspensful at all. Even for a drama.

death_blossom 01-29-2009 04:46 PM

I haven't watched it yet, but there are people that are comparing the movie to being a clone of Forrest Gump?

SOC23 01-29-2009 05:07 PM

Not even close, Forest Gump was a great movie and the little stories in between that showed all the things he did over the years were interesting and entertaining. Benjamin Boring had way to many scenes done in a retirement home (FUN)!

talula 01-29-2009 09:34 PM

wow i finally found someone who thinks the same as me about this movie

RayBot 01-29-2009 10:22 PM

Ecchh...this movie definitely isn't for everyone.

But it can go either way.....it can be long and slow to develop...
Or it can go fast, cramped, rushed, etc....the same criticism that crucified the Da Vinci Code movie (amongst other stuff).

Ulic Qel-Droma 01-30-2009 02:46 AM

no man. anyone that truly knows how to appreciate movies will like this one.

v.Rossi 01-30-2009 02:34 PM

^ i agree, and plus i don't think you can make a movie like benjamin button any shorter? if it was like 2 hours long, there would be thread complaints saying the plot didn't make sense, shitty story line etc.......

SiRV 01-30-2009 03:12 PM

http://www.bofunk.com/video/8097/cur...in_button.html

benjamin button vs forrest gump

SOC23 01-30-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiR_vfung (Post 6254592)

:Puke:

- kT 01-30-2009 05:33 PM

Ahahaha befriends a weird black dude

Never noticed all those similarity's til I saw this

saucywoman 01-30-2009 10:40 PM

threads merged as there is already a thread on this movie :)